ORAS OU Playboy Mansion (Feat. Mega-Lopunny Peaked 1400+)

INTRO:

Lopunny is my favorite Mega addition to ORAS! It is very strong and hits Pokemon with unresisted STABs. I decided that I would try to build a team around. Well, I'm not good with intros so here is the team!

The Sweepers:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish
- Return

The star of our show, Mega-Lopunny, has arrived! Mega-Lopunny was my absolute favorite Mega addition in ORAS! I chose Limber as Lopunny's pre-evolution Ability to keep our precious bunny from getting paralyzed. With the addition of Scrappy when Mega Evolved, Lopunny's offensive abilities reach a new height. Ghost Types no longer wall it. The prominent Ghosts in OU (Gengar and Sableye) go down to Return and High Jump Kick respectively! The EVs are pretty standard. 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe with a Jolly nature to maximize speed. High Jump Kick and Return are the two main STAB moves on the set. Together they for an unresisted moveset. Both are very powerful. Fake Out is on the set, which ensures that Lopunny safely Mega Evolves. Healing Wish rounds out the set giving Lopunny the ability to fully heal one of it's comrades! It really helps giving me a little more leeway with the way I use Greninja and Lando (Although, they should still be used smartly). I replaced Healing Wish with Toxic to hit walls such as Hippowdon and Slowbro on the switch in. It makes wearing these threats down a lot easier for my team to handle. The way this team plays, Lopunny really doesn't have a lot of opportunity to HW. Overall it has a strong offensive presence and works well as a team player.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Smog Frog is here! The single most overused, S-Rank, destructive Pokemon in OU. Life Orb adds much needed power to Ninja. Protean is necessary to the set as well. Hasty Nature is being used to max out speed and without lowering Ninja's Atk stat as timid would. The moveset is a mixed set allowing Greninja to work on multiple planes. Dark Pulse hits threats such as Slowbro and Metagross, both which have extremely powerful ME. Gunk Shot annihilates Fairy types. Ice Beam hits Dragon, Flying, and Ground types like the Latis, Genies, and Gliscor. Low Kick hits common Steel types like Ferrothorn and Heatran. EVs are spread to make sure that Greninja can KO Fairy types in it's flawless manner. This set is slowly becoming standard. Overall very powerful and has maximum sweeping potential.

The Clean Up Crew/Momentum Gainer:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Lando is the momentum gainer/Revenge killer for the team. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed most of the metagame as long as they are unboosted. Intimidate allows Lando to Pseudo-check flying spam and weaken other Landorus. Jolly Nature allows me to reach the maximum speed. Earthquake is the primary STAB move hitting anything that doesn't resist it for good damage. U-turn lets Lando pivot freely on other Pokemons switches allowing me to maintain momentum and switch advantage. Stone Edge helps me check other Lando/and Flying Spam. I use Explosion when Lando has exhausted its usefulness to get off a fast 250 power Explosion on anything that isn't a Ghost type.

Dragon/Fairy/Steel Core:

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
-
Roost
- Defog

This is the standard hazard control Latios and the first part of my Dragon/Fairy/Steel type core. EVs and Nature are standard to max Spe and Sp. Atk. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are the main STAB moves and they work very effectively together. Earthquake hits Heatran and other Steel types on the switch in. Roost allow Latios to recover the damage it take from switching in on Rotom-W and Keldeo. It also lets Lati recover Life Orb recoil and adds overall longevity. Defog allows me to remove entry hazards which really damage my team over time. As I said standard Latios set. Not too much to say!

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Klefki was a suggestion made by Albacore! He made it very clear that Clefable was the odd sloot in the mansion. It slowed down in the teams momentum and fail to support the team as much as I'd like. Klefki, however, adds a lot more synergy to the team. Lefties gives me my only form of recovery. EVs maximize Sp. Def while an Impish nature boost my Def. stat. Spikes along with SR put a lot of pressure on opposing defog/spinners. Thunder Wave checks sweepers very well allowing me to manage them if they get too strong. Foul Play lets me hit MetaMega and boosters for nice damage. Magnet Rise prevents me from getting EQd. One thing I really like is Klefki checks Greninja which is a hard thing to do im this meta!

Update: Klefki is the greatest change to the team thus far. He is the glue that the team really needed. He checks, statuses, and tanks unwanted hits. Completely perfect.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Heatran is the last member of the core! Tran has an offensive presence on the squad. I put it on an Air Balloon to dodge Ground type moves. Flash Fire to absorb other Fire type moves. This Tran is the offensive set with Lava Plum>Fire Blast because I like burn the burn rate, however, I like the power of Fire Blast. Stealth Rock is an obligation for every team IMO. Taunt lets me prevent the set up of slower mons like Clef and others. Earth Power catches other Heatran on the switch as well as hits some Fire type resistant Pokemon. Honestly, I'm not sure if I like this set. I've considered changing this set to Scarf, Lando to the Def set, and making Clefable this Sp. Def set with CM/FB/MB/SB. I'm up in the air so all suggestions will be accepted. After the addition of Klefki, I really love this set. They synergize very well. Klefki's T-Wave allows Heatran to put in even more work being able to outspeed a whole new tier of pokemon.

Conclusion (Shout Outs, Importables, Replays, Team Changes):

Well, there is the team. I would love all the suggestions I can get because I would like to make this team very competitive, but it needs some tweaks! Below are Importables, Replays, and Team Changes. All changes will be bold in red. Thanks for reading and happy rating :]

Stripshot for being a bro and ladder grinding with me!
Albacore for suggesting Klefki. It really does outshine Clefable

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Toxic
- Return

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Clefable was replaced by Klefki
Earthquake was replaced by Thunderbolt/Roost
Healing Wish was replaced by Toxic to hit walls on the switch in.

Last edited:
Really good team ! It is well-build, so i propose a minor change : Roost > Earthquake. This allows Latios to have recovery. This is good against Rotom-W which usually burns Latios (and without Roost Latios will be wear down) and Keldeo. You have your own Heatran who walls it, Lopunny-Mega, Greninja and Landorus-T, so it is fine.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very good team! There isn't really much to improve here since you don't seem particularly weak to anything, you covers most of the metagame quite well. I agree with Vinc608 that you don't need EQ on Latios. You team isn't weak to Heatran at all : Greninja, Landorus-T and Lopunny are good checks (watch out for Protect though), your own Heatran completely walls any non-Ancient Power / Stone Edge / HP Ice Heatran. Roost is, as stated a good idea, it gives Latios some longevity and enables you to switch into Keldeo, Rotom-W, YZard and Mega-Venusaur more consistently. However, another option would be Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt lets you target bulky Water types such as Slowbro, Suicune, Alomomola and Manaphy who can be pretty annoying for your team to deal with, and does this without dropping your SpA.

There's only one problem I really have with your team, and that's Clefable. Now, it might seem a good idea for an offensive team to have a defensive backbone to deal with a few things that threaten it and provide support to your teammates. And while that is mostly true, Clefable is just too passive for a team like this. Clefable automatically makes you weaker to the things that counter it, because they can switch into it repetidely due to its lack of offensive presence. Take Charizard-Y for exapmle, it switches in on Clefable any day, and even though Latios switches in once, it can't switch in twice or 3 times in return. Talonflame is also kinda a problem : yeah, you do have a Heatran. However, Heatran can't reliably deal with the Swords Dance set without Ancientpower (which you could run over Taunt, but I wouldn't recommend that since you lose one of your main assets against Stall teams which you kinda struggle with and handle MVenu much better). You pretty much need a perfect switch-in to everything Clefable is threatened by (Bisharp, Excadrill, Metagross, Mega-Venusaur, Greninja, Gardevoir, etc...) which an offensive team like this cannot afford, and although you do cover Clefable's weaknesses decently, it's still more of a burden than anything imo. And then there's the fact that Clefable isn't really useful for your team : yes, it does provide cleric support, but you can't reliably pass wishes to frail Pokemon like Greninja and Lopunny, and killing your offensive momentum isn't really worth healing status in most cases. And Clefable doesn't really check any threats to your team from what I can tell : you aren't weak to Latis or Dragon types in general, and you can handle Mega-Sableye and Fighting-types well for the most part.

So, what to replace Clefable with? Well, you cover everything very impressively with just these 5 Pokemon, however you do seem pretty weak to Azumarill, which you have no good switchin to. You're also a little weak to Mega-Sceptile, who outspeeds and 2HKOs everything on your team bar Lando-T who can't switch in at all (even Clefable doesn't handle it because Unaware ignores the Leaf Storm SpA drop). Mega-Gardevoir could get scary, it switches into Latios easily and you don't Talonflame can still cause your trouble if you let it set up. Hawlucha could be annoying if it switches in on Lando-T's EQ and gets a free setup turn. You have good Greninja checks but no actual switchin to it (though your team is more prepared for Greninja than 90% of the teams on the ladder). None of these are big threats to your teams but they can all get pretty annoying. It may seem really odd to suggest this after rambling about why it's a bad idea to fit passive Pokemon on offensive teams, but one thing you could consider Klefki on your team. Klefki can more-or-less check most of the things I mentioned, and although it is mostly an utility Pokemon, it's not really too passive since it can paralyze anything it decides is too dangerous for the team. It is basically an emergency stop to any sweeper who manages to set up too far. Spikes are also excellent tools for wearing down bulkier teams. Greninja in particular enjoys Spikes support. However, the presence of Sableye on Stall teams means that it won't be able to stack them against that particular archetype, which is a shame because it's the archetype which threatens your team the most. If you want you could run a wallbreaker in that slot instead. Something like Gengar, for instance (Gengar is also a great DD Altaria check), though Gengar and Greninja are both walled by Tentacruel who, now that I think about is, is pretty tricky for your team to deal with. But honestly, I don't think it matters too much what you replace for Clefable, since your team is already very solid without it, but I really think that Clefable is detrimental to it and should be removed.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt / Roost
- Defog

Klefki @ Lefotvers
Ability : Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play (to hit MMeta + stop Talon from setting up on you)
- Magnet Rise / Toxic (to wear down physical walls like Slowbro and Hippowdon for Lopunny)

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Hope this helps!

Pent

dumb broad
Add more shoutouts imo ;D

Hi! Thanks for bringing me here, and I don't have too many changes to make! This is a great team that supports MLopunny rather well. But, onto the rate!

First of all, you're rather weak to scarfed Keldeo. Keldeo can use Secret Sword and kill Heatran, Greninja, and Lopunny. To solve this problem, I would change Landorus-T to a bulky, defensive set, and replace Clefable with Sylveon, who fits the bill a bit better. Here are some sets you could use.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off/Toxic

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Sp Atk
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell

These two will give you both a Physical and Specially defensive wall. Before you had no Physical Wall.
With this, you could also change Heatran to a scarfed set.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Lava Plume/Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Ice/Ancient Power
- Earth Power

Other than those, the team looks great! I hope it helps. ^^

Given that this is a hyper offence team, running a defensive Landorus would kind of miss the point of it. I also don't see how running defensive Landorus would deal with Keldeo in the slightest, and I think Clef handles Keldeo relatively well too.
Regardless, Albacore is right about your Clef, there's not much justification for her since she doesn't give this team the support it needs. A solution might be running a Calm Minding set to give it overall more offensive kick, and threaten Mega Sableye a lot more as well as catching Steels on the switch should they be sent in to check you and even make the happy Greninja switch think twice before going in. It definitely piles on more pressure. You could also run Klefki as Albacore suggested, that's definitely a great option, the issue with Spike setting though is you have a Defogger, so if you clear hazards from your side then there goes all your hard work too, so with that you might want to run a screen or dual screen setter to help out, Gren and Bunny could appreciate the added support to make them a lot more confident switching into stuff and/or staying in and wrecking shop, I won't include that in the drop bar below because it's the same set as above only with screens fitted wherever you choose. XD Thundurus might also be an option to deal with bulky Waters effectively as well as crippling threats with Prankster T-Wave, you could even run Taunt as well and that'll leave you with an extra move-slot on Heatran, STAB Flash Cannon never hurt anything (except opposing Fairies that get in Lop's way). Very nice bunch, man. :]

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)