Please help me help my friend. Minimal exp with 5th gen metagame

In that case keep the gliscor set but chage the ability to the dream world ability Poison Heal as it heals 12.5% every turn. Why don't you try a chandelure? A fairly decent set would be

Chadelure @ Choice Scarf
Modest 252Spd 252SpA 4HP
Flash Fire (You could use shadow tag as the ability if you want but its kinda gay)
Energy Ball
Fire Blast(Flamethrower)
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Unfortunately you wont be able to switch moves with this set but chandelure has a Sub-par Speed Stat, so it needs the boost from Choice Scarf

In that case keep the gliscor set but chage the ability to the dream world ability Poison Heal as it heals 12.5% every turn. Why don't you try a chandelure? A fairly decent set would be

Chadelure @ Choice Scarf
Modest 252Spd 252SpA 4HP
Flash Fire (You could use shadow tag as the ability if you want but its kinda gay)
Energy Ball
Fire Blast(Flamethrower)
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Unfortunately you wont be able to switch moves with this set but chandelure has a Sub-par Speed Stat, so it needs the boost from Choice Scarf
i'll go ahead and replace the lucario with that and see how it does. I'm thinking that the set i have for T-Tar won't work out good for a lead so i'll need to tweak that, also if i change my gliscor to a more supportive position i'll lose Stealth Rocks :( Any ideas on those 2 things?

Unfortunately no. I'm not very familiar with T-Tar and The set I gave you for gliscor is like my favorite set. You could try gliscor with thee set Toxic/Earthquake/Protect/Taunt

Unfortunately no. I'm not very familiar with T-Tar and The set I gave you for gliscor is like my favorite set. You could try gliscor with thee set Toxic/Earthquake/Protect/Taunt
Like i said, i do like the idea of T-Tar as a lead but i need to find a good set for him to use as a lead. I might try the second Gliscor you suggested since it will probably be easier for my friend to learn to use. What do you think of using Porygon z as the special sweeper? My friend simply said "but i love my porygon" when i told him that it was taken off the team lol.

On your Dragonite, I suggest you replace LO with Leftovers, and ExtremeSpeed with Roost, so you can make better use of Multiscale. Getting a Rotom-W/Reuniclus/Lati's will help prevent getting the team from getting walled from a Skarmory. (Ask for their sets if you want them) Here's yet another Gliscor set you could use:

Gliscor
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Ice Fang / Facade
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe

You don't have to really REPLACE Lucario, perhaps you could make him a special attacker like this:

Lucario
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave / Hidden Power Ice
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

You can also use a Choice Specs Set, but you said your friend isn't very good at predicting, so I don't really recommend it, but the moves would be Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse/HP Ice/Vacuum Wave. If you really want, you can just make it an all-out attacker and replace Nasty Plot with Vacuum Wave.

For your Tyranitar moveset, more Ttars are becoming Specially Defensive and Mixed Attackers, so you could always try this set out:

-Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Superpower
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD

It fixes your lack of Stealth Rock. The last move depends on if you want to hit Dragons harder, besides Hydreigon, and Landorus/Gliscor or if you want to hit Steel types with balloons, other Tyranitars and just types weak to Fighting in general.

On your Dragonite, I suggest you replace LO with Leftovers, and ExtremeSpeed with Roost, so you can make better use of Multiscale. Getting a Rotom-W/Reuniclus/Lati's will help prevent getting the team from getting walled from a Skarmory. (Ask for their sets if you want them) Here's yet another Gliscor set you could use:

Gliscor
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Ice Fang / Facade

You don't have to really REPLACE Lucario, perhaps you could make him a special attacker like this:

Lucario
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave / Hidden Power Ice
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

You can also use a Choice Specs Set, but you said your friend isn't very good at predicting, so I don't really recommend it, but the moves would be Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse/HP Ice/Vacuum Wave. If you really want, you can just make it an all-out attacker and replace Nasty Plot with Vacuum Wave.

For your Tyranitar moveset, more Ttars are becoming Specially Defensive and Mixed Attackers, so you could always try this set out:

-Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Superpower
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD

It fixes your lack of Stealth Rock. The last move depends on if you want to hit Dragons harder, besides Hydreigon, and Landorus/Gliscor or if you want to hit Steel types with balloons, other Tyranitars and just types weak to Fighting in general.
I do like the idea of the dragonite moveset. I'll give that a try right away. I'm also really liking the idea of Reuniclus, but who would he be replacing? Lucario or Gliscor. I'll also be trying out that T-Tar set right now. Thank you SOOO much for your rating on this. Lots of good ideas :)

Sorry for the double post, but i did some testing with this team last night and so far i'm seeing a lot of troubles dealing with bulky waters and Mienshao was a pain in the a**! so some help to deal with that kind of stuff would be appreciated :)

my 2 cents (i battled you the other day m8!)

Gliscor
- Earthquake
- TAUNT
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang / Facade

you have two big weaknesses - ground and water, with little to handle some more serious threats. furthermore, you claim to have problems with bulky water, so these two toxic abusers and water absorbers should be the cure.
remove Gyarados for:

Cradily
name: Support
move 1: Toxic
move 2: Energy Ball
move 3: Recover
move 4: Rock Slide / Earthquake / HP ground / Stockpile
item: Leftovers
nature: Relaxed
ability: Storm Drain
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

or this:

Gastrodon
Name: Tank
Move 1: Earth Power
Move 2: Ice Beam / Scald
Move 3: Toxic
Move 4: Recover
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD

both are support but one is more bulky (cradily) and gastro is more for offensive support.

i also recommend a revamp on your dragonite set.

Dragonite
name: Bulky Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw / Outrage
move 3: Fire Punch
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers / Lum Berry
ability: Multiscale
nature: Adamant / Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe

and finally, since you have problems with Mienshao, i would suggest a speedy ghost such as gengar.

Gengar
name: Substitute + 3 Attacks / SubSplit
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt / Pain Split
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Focus Blast
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

sub split can be abused, since you dont really need tbolt for water types as you will be trying out the two storm drain pokes. gengar OHKOs mienshao with LO shadow ball after stealth rocks.

you really HAVE to try cradily out in the sand, its a thing of beauty.

with these bulkier pokes you might want to get a cleric d-nite, but its not really needed IMO since you have gengar, gliscor and excadrill to take toxic. gliscor can also absorb any other status once its got its toxic off.

Try this over dragonite, its so good

Salamence
name: Moxie Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Fire Blast
item: Lum Berry / Expert Belt
ability: Moxie
nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Sp. Att / 252 Spe

Try this over dragonite, its so good

Salamence
name: Moxie Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Fire Blast
item: Lum Berry / Expert Belt
ability: Moxie
nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Sp. Att / 252 Spe
this, it works so much better than dragonite.

i have been using this team with MUCH successs (based off the suggestions here as well as my own teambuilding)

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SAtk / 72 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

Salamence (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Taunt

I really appreciate everyone's help with this! I'll be checking out everything you guys have suggested. But i thought Salamence is an Uber?

@shlomer so is that the team you're suggesting to use? For a cleric instead of a cleric dnite couldn't i use a bulky vaporeon with wish and water absorb? Wouldn't that be able to solve quite a few problems?

I really appreciate everyone's help with this! I'll be checking out everything you guys have suggested. But i thought Salamence is an Uber?

@shlomer so is that the team you're suggesting to use? For a cleric instead of a cleric dnite couldn't i use a bulky vaporeon with wish and water absorb? Wouldn't that be able to solve quite a few problems?
yes but you lose a LOT of attack power and dont have a very stallish team so imo it doesnt flow. Gastro works the best so far.
also mence was uber in late gen 4, its good now.
also your team REALLY needs an ice resist. like its ridiculous. you could try replacing gastro but then you dont get the rotom counter, which is really pretty necessary imo.

I'm still getting my ass kicked with this team. Guess i'm just not used to using such a bulky team :/ the gastro isn't really doing much. he's able to pull off a toxic or two but he gets taken out quite quickly. The gengar doesn't have enough diversity for my taste either. Waters are still giving me problems and i still don't have any counters for grass types (although they are very rare).

I did see a big hole for water, ice, and grass types in your team, and here's my idea. Hope it helps!
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs:?
Nature:Sassy
-Protect
-Leech Seed
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
One, it provides great synergy with 11 resistances and only 2 weaknesses. Two, it is an amazing wall that can clean out teams with some careful removing of opposing pokes. Third, Curse increases Gyro Ball's power,defends against physical attacks, and raises Ferro's attack, increasing Gyro Ball's power even more. I use this set on Ferro, and this one has won me battles in which I'm down 3-1, and even 4-1, especially if the opponent isn't prepared for Ferro. Otherwise, pretty good team. Hope this helps your friend!

nah over gastro u should try bronzong. good set of resistences and has an ice resist, and its dual screens are pretty helpful 2 ur team. try this:

Bronzong
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Hypnosis
move 4: Earthquake/Gyro Ball
item: Light Clay
ability: Heatproof
nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Defence / 48 Special Defence
If u use gyro ball go with sassy and ) speed ivs. with heatproof everyone thinks u run levitate, so surprise!

Also, on salamence, theres no point running 8 special attack. run max attack. also, if u want u could use fire fang over fire blast, cos it gets the moxie boost too. expert belt the KO on jirachi with SR up with +1 earthquake. life orb recoil, ss, and possibly SR really drains away at his health, and u could run lefties if u want. just try and fit a spikes user in there if u do that. Salamence is so devestating in DW, it deserves more uasge. U could even use roost over fire blast with LO if u have others that can deal with scizor, ferrothorn, bronzong, and skarmory. gl

nah over gastro u should try bronzong. good set of resistences and has an ice resist, and its dual screens are pretty helpful 2 ur team. try this:

Bronzong
If u use gyro ball go with sassy and ) speed ivs. with heatproof everyone thinks u run levitate, so surprise!

Also, on salamence, theres no point running 8 special attack. run max attack. also, if u want u could use fire fang over fire blast, cos it gets the moxie boost too. expert belt the KO on jirachi with SR up with +1 earthquake. life orb recoil, ss, and possibly SR really drains away at his health, and u could run lefties if u want. just try and fit a spikes user in there if u do that. Salamence is so devestating in DW, it deserves more uasge. U could even use roost over fire blast with LO if u have others that can deal with scizor, ferrothorn, bronzong, and skarmory. gl
Couldn't i replace Hypnosis with Stealth rocks and use this guy as my lead? Then replace T-Tar with Ferrothorn?

Bronzong

first of all, moxiemence is a DW tier exclusive right now, unattainable in game. DW tier also sucks.
I dont even like using mence, its pretty worthless in standard play IMO.

Couldn't i replace Hypnosis with Stealth rocks and use this guy as my lead? Then replace T-Tar with Ferrothorn?
you can't get rid of ttar because it sets up the sand. you SHOULD however, lose the hypnosis (shit attack) and run HP ice so you can kill gliscor, landorus, and various dragons. I wouldnt recommend the heatproof, its not a surprise, its a waste of time. you cant switch in to any ground type attacks and you have no obvious fire weakness on your team. i also replaced gengar with life orb starmie, and will soon replace mence with something of worth.

first of all, moxiemence is a DW tier exclusive right now, unattainable in game. DW tier also sucks.
I dont even like using mence, its pretty worthless in standard play IMO.
Yeah, have u read the title? this is dream world bro, so mence can have moxie.
mence isn't worthless in standard, have u ever tried it? with the right support if so? before the reset, my rank was so high people didn't know why i used salamence until they realised what a beast it was with the right support.

Back on topic now. Gengar isn't too good in DW, it's so outclassed by chandy, so u could try a subsplit chandy or something. u could even fit a techniloom in there somewhere

Yeah, have u read the title? this is dream world bro, so mence can have moxie.
mence isn't worthless in standard, have u ever tried it? with the right support if so? before the reset, my rank was so high people didn't know why i used salamence until they realised what a beast it was with the right support.

Back on topic now. Gengar isn't too good in DW, it's so outclassed by chandy, so u could try a subsplit chandy or something. u could even fit a techniloom in there somewhere
ofc ive tried it. it wasnt as good as i had hoped.

Out of curiousity why was this classified as "Dream World" i didn't put that there myself. Also this team is doing much better now with that bronzong, but he's either a monster (and annoying too) or he's completely useless. it's about a 50/50 shot :/ i'm very curious about the starmie replacement tho :) Gengar is being a tad more helpful now that i'm setting him up a little better but that worries me since my friend may not know how to set up for him :(

Since you said your Gliscor doesn't have enough uumph, you can try a simple 252/252 spread to make sweeping easier, although you lose out on some bulk.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Taunt

Also, on your Gengar, SubSplit might not be the style for you, judging from the way you wrote about it. Consider dropping Sub and Pain Split for Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Fire, but you can use Protect to help scout Choiced attacks, such as on Scizor, solving the question of if he's gonna Bullet Punch or Pursuit, and then respond accordingly.

Since you said your Gliscor doesn't have enough uumph, you can try a simple 252/252 spread to make sweeping easier, although you lose out on some bulk.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Taunt

Also, on your Gengar, SubSplit might not be the style for you, judging from the way you wrote about it. Consider dropping Sub and Pain Split for Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Fire, but you can use Protect to help scout Choiced attacks, such as on Scizor, solving the question of if he's gonna Bullet Punch or Pursuit, and then respond accordingly.
I do like the bulk that Gliscor has but i really don't like having to 2HKO with a 2x EQ or 4HKO anything with Ice Fang. Taunt i've only used maybe a dozen times and half of those times it's actually helped me. SD is nice but not to good when i still 2HKO at best when they switch to a bulky water or something that hits me with an ice/water move.

The gengar idea i will try out for sure. But for that setup i might go either with Choice Specs or more likely Scarf. But i also like that starmie idea from further up. I'll have to play around with both.

As an update Lead Machamp, Alakazam and Ice moves are still giving me SERIOUS problems. Bronzong is just not cutting it. The walls he sets up are nice (especially for gliscor but he's the only one that really gets anything from them everyone else takes enough from a single attack that LO damage kills them :/). If i'm going to continue with the walls idea then i'm thinking i need something that can actually hit back after a wall is set up. As it is Bronzong is really only good for his walls and hope that he can sleep someone before they 2/3HKO me. I really do appreciate everyone's help so far, but i'm thinking take a little bit of bulk out of this team and set it up with a little more power. I'm also not liking this T-Tar set at all. He's too slow to actually hit anything and i need the EQ. It just doesn't feel right not having EQ on this guy. I also don't think i should have him be mixed at all. so i'm considering running this:

Lead T-Tar @ Focus Sash
Sandstream
EVs 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Spe (not too sure about these)
Jolly Nature (+Spe, - SAtk)
Stealth Rocks
Crunch
Earthquake
Ice Punch

This set will allow me to set up SR no matter what (unless they fake out lol) which has been a problem for my current lead tar. Crunch is for a STAB attack for anything that EQ/Ice punch doesn't deal with. Earthquake and Ice Punch for decent coverage.

dont even bother with a sash. ttar has enough bulk to survive even an unboosted chomp earthquake (b4 it was banned). yeah, dont bother. keep lefties

dont even bother with a sash. ttar has enough bulk to survive even an unboosted chomp earthquake (b4 it was banned). yeah, dont bother. keep lefties
The only reason why i'm considering using Sash is because i'm getting OHKO'd by Close Combats left and right. Even the occasional Mach Punches are troublesome. And i really need the SR support for this team since it doesn't have many true sweepers. What do you think about the rest of the comments i made last post?

The only reason why i'm considering using Sash is because i'm getting OHKO'd by Close Combats left and right. Even the occasional Mach Punches are troublesome. And i really need the SR support for this team since it doesn't have many true sweepers. What do you think about the rest of the comments i made last post?
you dont always HAVE to use it as a lead. if you do and think theyre going to hit you with a fighting attack switch in your gliscor to sponge it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)