1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

PO version 1.0.53: Go ahead and upgrade

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Antar, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Antar

Antar That's Dr. Antar to you
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

PO has released a new version. We're upgrading our server now at some point in the future.

Relevant to 1.0.52 (open)
    There have been reports of instability with the new client for mac users on Snow Leopard, so we are recommending that Snow Leopard users HOLD OFF on upgrading their clients. If you are not on Snow Leopard, it *should* be okay for you to upgrade, but there is no advantage to doing so, since our server is still on 1.0.30. Still, if you want to, go ahead. Just be sure to make a backup of your existing PO version.

1.0.53 should be stable, with all the various bugs associated with 1.0.52 fixed. So feel free to upgrade. However, it's still probably a good idea to back up your old version of PO, just in case.

If you're having issues with 1.0.53 and need to downgrade, you can download the old version here: http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?8711-1.0.30

DO NOT report any bugs related to 1.0.53 in this forum. Report those to Pokemon Online.
  2. lamperi

lamperi
    is a Programmer Alumnus

Wanted to post here too. It is safe for Snow Leopard users to upgrade regarding the battle crash. I uploaded a client which does not crash in the middle of the battle anymore.
  3. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

You can still see the spectators by clicking on the spectators tab. Still can't pick out one person though.
  4. Sayonara

Sayonara don't forget

My PO crashed whilst using the 1.0.52 version, so I have reverted back to the older version. When all bugs will be fixed, I will update my program once again.
  5. WayOfRhetoric

WayOfRhetoric

You can see the name of the user, even if you're using the new PO version...

EDIT; AOPSUser is right!
  6. soulless shadow

soulless shadow

i can personally say that the new client works on mac OSX lion. i don't see any problems beside the specs thing.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)