1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

So far they've announced there will be two new forms of Kyurem. They've also confirmed a new game will be announced.

Update:
    Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 have been announced and are due for June in Japan. I am not sure on platform. Doesn't make much sense to be DS again to be honest. Kyurem has the following two forms. As you can tell, they seem to be a fusion of Kyurem with Reshiram and Zekrom.

[​IMG]

Update 2: Nintendo DS, not 3DS, according to Masuda's Twitter.

Update 3: Better Image:

[​IMG]

Update 4
    Archaic on Bulbagarden just posted translations of Masuda's tweets throughout the day:

Update 5: Nintendo UK Twitter account says Europe is getting the games this autumn!
    https://twitter.com/#!/NintendoUK/status/174072111235739648

Update 6: Nintendo of America has put out a press release announcing the release of the games in North America this fall as well.
    http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/QiS-9gZvsZyRMEDoXPC0MpsMqyMVKMnu

Update 7: Australia and New Zealand will be getting the game in the fall as well (sometime between September and November inclusive).
    http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news...te-version-2-heading-to-australia-this-spring

Box Art:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Update 8: Looks like the Global Battle Union is going to be overhauled:
    Update 9: Kyruem's Formes retain Dragon/Ice typing

Sale listing on Amazon.co.jp reveals Typing/Height/Weight.

Black Kyurem Cover

Update 10:
    Bulbanews has translated the information from the new Coro Coro issue. New storyline taking place 2 years after Black/White with new gym leaders. Most relevant to competitive players is this tidbit:
    Check the link for the full run-down!

Update 11: Coro Coro May 2012

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

(copied from serebii)
    First, it confirms Alder will appear early on within the game and asks the player to follow him
    Cheren is a Normal-type Gym Leader while Bianca gives you your starter Pokémon as a favour for Juniper
    Nobody seems to know where N has gone
    New Professor is Professor Burnett who is in AR Searcher
    Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus original forms are Incarnation Forme. Their new forms are Sacred Beast Forme. They are 198, 199 and 200 in the Unova Dex and have no type changes
    Tornadus' Sacred Beast Forme focuses on Defense, Speed & Special Defense. It is 1.4m and weighs 63.0kg
    Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack. It is 3.0m and weighs 61.0kg
    Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack. It is 1.3m and weighs 68.0kg
    Mecha Tyranitar is part of PokéWood. Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen appears, has a confrontation with Homika's father who wants to be a movie star, and is part of PokéWood. PokéWood allows you to select a scenario and then make the movie. Various battles appear
    Pokémon World Tournament allows you to battle many of the old Gym Leaders and Champions including those listed yesterday and Janine & Blaine. We're still in the process of translating so keep checking back
  2. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

I hate to be that guy but...

Pokemon smash? Is that the name of the new game? No grey?
  3. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Pokemon Smash is iirc the name of the program that announces Pokemon related news.

Also if they are fire/ice and electric/ice I will kill somebody.
  4. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

pokemon smash is the name of the show making the announcement

EDIT: beaten
  5. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

If they go for the name "Grey", I'll be annoyed. Could they somehow be any more predictable? And what about all the people spelling it "Gray"? My bet's on a third game in the B/W series, but it won't be called Grey/Gray.
  6. OVERGRO

OVERGRO

Freakin' awesome.
  7. shnen

shnen שוני
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

here is what we are thinking they will look like!
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Poster for the film
    MASSIVE PICTURE!!
    LIVESTREAM HERE
  8. OVERGRO

OVERGRO

9. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Holy shit Kyushiram's head is funny.

New typings are Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric.
  10. Firestorm

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Pokemon Smash is the name of the show. It used to be Pokemon Sunday. We haven't got the game announcement yet. That will happen after the episode of the anime they're showing now (Seems to be from Hoenn)

Here's a poster of the movie with Kyurem in it.

[​IMG]
  11. atsync

So those are real? They look so ugly, though the original form of Kyurem was ugly too.

Curious to find out more about their stats, type, etc.
  12. The Reptile

The Reptile CELEBRATE
    is a Pre-Contributor

I really hope they don't give the left-form Ice / Fire typing. That would probably be the worst defensive typing ever.
  13. OVERGRO

OVERGRO

Yeah I'm hoping for same typings as Reshiram and Zekrom... that way there's no Ice typing to deal with defensively. Wait... is Ice/Electric bad?
  14. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I actually like them tbh! Anything for Pokemon Grey anyways....

I wonder how these will change forms anyways? Will it be with an item or a person or what? I can also see it changing if you got your kyurem from White or Black depending on the form, lol
  15. King Serperior

King Serperior

Zekkryuem is AWESOME!!

Reshikyruem is.....eh....

Let's go!!
  16. Disposable Puppets

Disposable Puppets

If there's two forms, I wonder which one they'll use for the cover of Gray
  17. The Reptile

The Reptile CELEBRATE
    is a Pre-Contributor

Defensively, it's probably as bad as Ice-typing. A lot better than Fire / Ice.

Offensively, STAB BoltBeam is pretty cool.
  18. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Pokémon DarkGrey/LightGrey (alternatively Black/White Plus). Aww yeah.
  19. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Probably the original.
  20. atsync

Hmmm just saw that Meloetta is on the poster too. How the hell did I miss that? I never thought that she'd be revealed too. Fine by me!

Actually I think I read on serebii that someone proposed that Kyurem could change form depending on whether it is fighting Reshiram or Zekrom. Obviously that's speculation, and though it is a cool idea, from a competitive point of view it is a terrible idea.
  21. Firestorm

There's about 15 minutes left in the show. Masuda did confirm we'd be getting an announcement though so just a matter of time. There'll likely be few details.

The fact that Hoenn music and an episode played makes me think we'll be seeing remakes but it could be just a coincidence...
  22. ebeast

ebeast she's probably sexting nprtprt
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I'm theorymoning the hell out of this before someone else does.
    Kyurem-Zekrom Forme
    Ice / Electric
    Ability: Hopefully not Pressure, but I have a feeling of(more of want) an ability that gives him STAB on Dragon-type moves. This way it would get Dragon / Ice / Electric(or Fire) STABS.

Kyurem-Zekrom Forme seems to me like the superior forme of the two since you're not X4 weak to Rock and Stealth Rock and BoltBeam STABS are great. Both Formes are now not weak to Bullet Punch :D
    Assuming stats stay the same(most likely not, but hopefully Zekrom forme doesn't make Kyurem a physical attacker)
    @Scarf/Specs
    Draco Meteor
    Blizzard / Ice Beam (Hail teams ftw)
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power [Fire]

If Physical then lets hope that it gets Bolt Strike/Wild Charge and Icicle Crash
    Outrage
    Bolt Strike
    Icicle Crash
    Dual Chop / Earthquake
  23. TheMantyke

TheMantyke DISRESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Waiting for reveals are always fun with others so hop onto #pokemon, #smogon, #smogonwifi, or any of the other smogon IRC channels to jump in on the excitement!
  24. atsync

I think announcements are made at the end of the episode usually anyway.
  25. tjtoot

tjtoot

Meloetta's Sparkling Recital=the mini movie, so keldeo, the 2 forms, and meloetta will all be in the next movie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)