Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Well, I am just going to start my quest for all the TMs now, that all my exams are finnaly over.
What is a good site, that allows me to find a guide for locations of tms, I tried googling it, but all the lists give an extremely brief explanation for the TM
i.e. Route 15

I got black, and I don't really have any complaints. I do like Zekrom better, but that wasn't such a big deal to me anyway, I hardly ever use my legendary. I actually like Vullaby better than Rufflet, despite Rufflet's tremendous cuteness. Mandibuzz is a beastly wall. Also, I REALLY love My Garbodor, which has Acid Spray, Toxic Spikes, Thunderbolt and Sludgebomb. It may be just me, but I think STAB acid spray was nintendo's way of trying to atone for their horrendous sins against the pure poison pokemon. There are only, like, 4 non-poison pokemon that learn it, and IMO, it gets much better with stab. It lets Garbodor 2HKO soooo much stuff. :D

Does anyone know where to find this fabled lv 65 Audino that i hear people talk about (to help check for IVs)? I looked on Serbii and the highest Audino in the wild is lv 55.

Is it a trainer I can fight? Sure hope I haven't KO'd him yet D:

Also, like time commitment wise how long will it take for me to catch a +Spd nature Thundurus with 31 Speed IV if I save inside the old lady's house? I will be using a master ball to help speed along the process with no external game devices.

Anyone have stories of how long it took them? Like a guess in real hours?

Sy123: go to the serebii black and white tm list. Then, once you know the route or town for a particular tm, go to marriland's walkthrough and read the description of that place. It should show exactly how to get the tm there. Hope I helped :)

Well, the chances of getting such a Thundurus are 4/25 * 1/32, or 1 in 200. Which means you have a 50% chance of getting it within 139 tries, and a 95% chance of getting it within 598 tries. Multiply those by the length of time one capture takes to estimate your time.

(Thankfully, the genies are a bit easier than previous roamers to get, since they only roam over part of the region (changing with the time of day), and they betray their presence by the weather.

The Lv. 65 Audino belongs to a nurse or doctor that appears in the Nimbasa stadiums, I believe. They don't appear every day, so keep checking back because you won't want to miss them.

Speaking of SRing, I'm currently doing so for a Timid HP Rock Volcarona with some nice IVs. I have a Timid Synchronize Elgyem in the lead slot which helps a lot. Best I've gotten so far is Timid, HP Rock and 25/9/29/2/25/30. So in other words, not a very good one.

Well, the chances of getting such a Thundurus are 4/25 * 1/32, or 1 in 200. Which means you have a 50% chance of getting it within 139 tries, and a 95% chance of getting it within 598 tries. Multiply those by the length of time one capture takes to estimate your time.

(Thankfully, the genies are a bit easier than previous roamers to get, since they only roam over part of the region (changing with the time of day), and they betray their presence by the weather.
I caught a Tornadus on my first try with Naive nature and 26 IV's in Speed :P

But it only has 3 IV's in SpA, I don't think I'll be EV'ing this one :L

I'm jealous. D: I've gone through about thirty Volcaronas so far and only got three that are Timid and have HP Rock or Ground, all of which had terrible IVs.

The Lv. 65 Audino belongs to a nurse or doctor that appears in the Nimbasa stadiums, I believe. They don't appear every day, so keep checking back because you won't want to miss them.

Speaking of SRing, I'm currently doing so for a Timid HP Rock Volcarona with some nice IVs. I have a Timid Synchronize Elgyem in the lead slot which helps a lot. Best I've gotten so far is Timid, HP Rock and 25/9/29/2/25/30. So in other words, not a very good one.
Im pretty sure there is also a scientist in Black City, however what do you mean check IVs?

breh

強いだね
Im pretty sure there is also a scientist in Black City, however what do you mean check IVs?
Levelling a pokemon many levels allows one to easily check its IVs (mostly for breeding purposes when you have imperfect ivs)

After a full day of hatching, i ended up with these two bomb Reunicli:

Solosis - #577 (Bold) : 31 / 8 / 31 / 31 / 15 / 25
Solosis - #577 (Bold) : 31 / 5 / 31 / 18 / 31 / 15

So as a big fan of Reuniclus but not someone that is too experienced with it competitively, I will ask you what's more important...max SPA or max SPD?

After a full day of hatching, i ended up with these two bomb Reunicli:

Solosis - #577 (Bold) : 31 / 8 / 31 / 31 / 15 / 25
Solosis - #577 (Bold) : 31 / 5 / 31 / 18 / 31 / 15

So as a big fan of Reuniclus but not someone that is too experienced with it competitively, I will ask you what's more important...max SPA or max SPD?
If you're running it as a CM set then take the SPD over SPA however if you just run a magic guard LO set take the SPA over SPD

I would generally opt for SpD as Reuniclus seems like it's supposed to be a bulky thing that uses CM to deal out big damage...

Why not just use rng for a better one?

It's safe to say; Not everybody can RNG
Considering we now have non c-gear abuse, that's not a very good excuse unless they don't have DS phat or DS Lite lol...though that being said, if they did rush in to trade in their old tech for the new one...

I don't know how to RNG. One of the requirements for 5th gen RNGing as listed in that article is 'knowledge of 4th gen RNGing' which I don't have. It's hard to explain why I never learned. I guess I just get more enjoyment out of the game by having "real" pokemon, and it's not like I do VGC or anything like that.

I'll probably learn during the gray game so I can get a good Virizion though.

I don't know how to RNG. One of the requirements for 5th gen RNGing as listed in that article is 'knowledge of 4th gen RNGing' which I don't have. It's hard to explain why I never learned. I guess I just get more enjoyment out of the game by having "real" pokemon, and it's not like I do VGC or anything like that.

They have confirmed that grey is not being made and this series has ended at black and white.
Or that's the word on the grape vine.

You should give non c-gear abuse a try, you don't have to know a thing about 4th gen rng really (which primarily dealt with delays anyways, which are a bitch), you just bunch in a few numbers, verify a couple of things, and it's as simple as entering your game at exactly the right second, advancing the frame if needed, then catching/collecting.

But yeah, admittedly if you don't bother with stuff like the vgc and such, probably has diminishing return values, but it does occasionally save you from going nuts when you've been breeding for hours and no good IVs at all pop up.

I read on pokemon australia site (albeit unreliable), that they asked GameFreak about a possible 3rd version, and they said no
However Pokemon Australia speculated and concluded that they probably said that because if they announced Pokemon Grey, then some people would delay their purchase of Pokemon Black and White and get a revamped Grey instead, which could mean a dent in the sales.
However Im pretty sure the Pokemons series is still going, and we still have a 3rd version of this and a Hoenn Remake before they even breathe '6th gen'

This again? The guy that the rumor came from was interviewed again and he said that he doesn't recall saying anything like that, and he was surprised the hear the rumor.

Besides, there's a bit of evidence as to why a third version would be made, such as the existence of the God Stone, which was removed from the games outside of Japan, was unobtainable and did nothing. Something to do with Kyurem, I'm guessing.

And of course, if they can get money out of it, they'll do it.

Of course they're not going to announce they're making a third game just as the first two come out:

"Oh yeah, were making an enhanced third version. But still, go buy the original!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)