Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Sigilyph and Ducklett might be good, but there is no reason to ever find out as long as Archeops exists. The thing is absolutely godly in-game and no flying type can get anywhere near its prowess.

I'm about to enter dragon spiral tower, and here's the team i've got:
lvl 45 Victini
lvl 43 Archeops
lvl 42 Krookodile
lvl 42 Virizion

I was using Gurdurr before I caught Virizion, but anyway, I highly suggest using the pokemon i just mentioned because they rip the game to shreds. I casually sauntered through every gym thus far.

Sigilyph and Ducklett might be good, but there is no reason to ever find out as long as Archeops exists. The thing is absolutely godly in-game and no flying type can get anywhere near its prowess.

I'm about to enter dragon spiral tower, and here's the team i've got:
lvl 45 Victini
lvl 43 Archeops
lvl 42 Krookodile
lvl 42 Virizion

I was using Gurdurr before I caught Virizion, but anyway, I highly suggest using the pokemon i just mentioned because they rip the game to shreds. I casually sauntered through every gym thus far.
Archeops is pretty bad in-game, it will die to anything, and if not that, it will be crippled.
Because it doesn't get EV trained with perfect IVs, it's not gonna OHKO much unless it outlevels it a few levels.

I still used him, because he does the revenge killing this like no other, and can do nice against things he hits super effectively.

My MVPs were easily Serperior and Lilligant, though. Lilligant because of her incredible power while boosted, and Serperior because it laughs into everything face with its impressive bulk, and eventually with Coil, it can do what Lilligant does.

They really aren't held back by their poor offensive movepool, Lilligant due to her immense power can power through most things unless they quad resist(And those are taken care of by Victini most of the time, who can be acquired really early in the game), and normal/grass gives good enough coverage for Serperior.

Uh, yes, I ran with two pure grass pokes, I just couldn't choose which one to choose since they are both so damn amazing.

My team at the elite four was this:

Serperior
Lilligant
Victini
Galvantula
Cinccino
Archeops.

Serperior and Lilligant are such bosses, that Serperior swept not only the fighting dude, but also the dark dude thanks to coil.
And Lilligant obliterated the ghost one, though had some troubles against the psychic one.

In the end, it was a joke.

A question, though, the roaming genie, does he respawn when you defeat the elite four?
He's the only legendary I haven't caught yet, and when I tried, I was dumb enough to ko him.. Had him trapped with Galvantula, and thought I could take down another sliver of health, but min-max damage screwed me over.

Well time for the E4, here's the team:

Lv 49 Samurott
Lv 47 Excadrill
Lv 47 Darmanitan
Lv 47 Galvantula
Lv 47 Sawk
Lv 47 Beartic

Honestly I would love to get rid of the Beartic (useless imo at least for in-game), but based on what everyone's been saying so far, figured I'd take my chances instead of wasting another hour or 2 on that Dark/Dragon thing I have in my box.

Edit: No problems really except I almost screwed myself ironically against the ghost user (I did them counter clockwise) and didn't bother reviving anything beforehand since I figured it would be a breeze. And it was until a certain fucking jellyfish appeared with my Galvantula dead...eh oh well, still won, still easy for the most part with a team that had no optimal natures/abilities and random EVs. Hopefully the 60+ version will be more of a challenge.

Edit 2: Did a non-saved run through N and Ghetis, no kidding that Hydregion is fucking nasty...definitely the most powerful Pokemon they've probably programmed into a Pokemon game because it actually uses what would be a legitimately competitive moveset. Ended up using Sawk's Sturdy to bring its speed down with Leg Sweep before having Darmanitan finish it with Hammer Arm...at least it WAS challenging lol.

So now to try RNG or SR on Reshiram, I HATE how it won't show you the freaking nature on the screen...might have to port out and grab a syncher for this.

What? ...seriously, what? Archeops is amazing in game...
The only thing he's good at is sucking up revives and moomoo milk to get a few KOs.

Not worth it when plenty of other pokemon provide similar 2HKO's, but don't get crippled at 50% health and below.

but the thing is, Archeops doesn't 2HKO, but OHKO. That's different. You don't need to use healing items, when the opponent's poke is dead before it can hit you.

Kinda funny, I too run with a primarily physical team, the sole exception being my electric spider.
THANK YOU! I need a 6th slot on my team, and Galavantula is perfect. He's Electric, has Twave, is a special attacker, and is really fast. Excellent.

Now all I need to do is get my Fraxure with False Swipe (and perfect 31 speed IV) and it's off to Chargestone Cave!

What? ...seriously, what? Archeops is amazing in game...
Yea, he's been a boss for me with Fly/Stone Edge/Earthquake/U-Turn. He's my lead when I enter the Battle Subway because he can either OHKO something or U-Turn (doing a lot of damage in the process) and set me up with a proper counter.

So I just beat the second gym... and it was annoying.

I think that stupid rat has a combination of Compound Eyes, Super Luck, Serene Grace, and Early Bird.

I used a lot of super potions, but I think I'm pretty under leveled, only having a level 19 Dewott, 18 Munna, and brand new 15 Cottonee.

I had that fire monkey... but... holy hell. I honestly couldn't stand even using it, no way can I train it to the point of usefulness. It's really ugly too. Also why not give it at least Ember to start with? Was it too overpowered? Incinerate is almost a fire type splash. Or that could just be the monkey itself...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To the Archeops hater.

You do realize that Acrobatics OHKOs literally everything? It takes 3 levels to get Acrobatics and before that it has Pluck. It has reasonable bulk too. Its better than Darmanitans bulk and that can even take a hit occasionally (Sawsbuck is much more frail). It also has a decent ingame movepool with Acrobatics, Fly, Crunch, U-Turn, Stone Edge/Rock Slide and Bulldoze/Earthquake. Great speed means it outspeeds everything bar Hydreigon (Ghetsis). Yeah Archeops is a beast.

Question. Are there any trainers who have a Ferrothorn pre-E4?

I got an Alert to Sounds Japanese Ditto on GTS today so I'm sorted for breeding. After all Japan has given me today is a really sad day :(

Also, dunno if it's been said yet, but the one thing I really love about this game is being able to catch fully evolved Pokémon. I've been begging for it for two generations, and now with shaking spots we can catch Dragonite, Metagross, Slowking, Honchkrow, Crobat, fucking I don't know what else, it's perfect. I doubt I'd use any of them considering how great egg moves are, but it's so incredibly awesome fighting a wild psuedo-legendary.

To the Archeops hater.
Question. Are there any trainers who have a Ferrothorn pre-E4?
I still haven't seen one after the E4..

Kinda funny, I too run with a primarily physical team, the sole exception being my electric spider. But yeah, I mean it's kinda odd, I know they're out there, yet I didn't pick them up for this playthrough for whatever reason...honestly since they're all new, you kinda want to make a team with everyone lol.

As for water, if Samurott isn't your thing, there's always the jellyfish ghost, simipour, water/ground toad...probably a few more out there that I'm forgetting too.
Hehe it's funny, I'm always the opposite. My team is almost always completely special oriented, with only one physical attacker, usually.

I also have a weird habit of making sure not to repeat a type at all in my party (I can repeat move types, but not Pokemon types), so every pokemon needs a different typing. That can make team building a bit more complicated, but I just can't have multiple types in my party.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has Quick Claw suddenly become a 100% accurate move in Battle Subway? It seems to activate well too often; unless I just happen to be encountering all of the BS sets with QC or something.

Lacking a Pokemon Judge really hurts for competitive breeding :[
Not sure how I can live without it until inevitable Grey version. How will you guys cope with Alert to sound characteristic only to find out later the mon has only 26 Speed IV?

What have you been doing all that time? I barely got to 25 on my first playthrough, and that included catching mons with acceptable natures and abilities.
My time does include post game and second e4 etc by the way. But I just really took my time because I wanted to enjoy the first playthrough as much as possible as once its finished nothing's new.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lacking a Pokemon Judge really hurts for competitive breeding :[
Not sure how I can live without it until inevitable Grey version. How will you guys cope with Alert to sound characteristic only to find out later the mon has only 26 Speed IV?
There's a judge in the Battle Subway, and IV calculators exist.

Hehe it's funny, I'm always the opposite. My team is almost always completely special oriented, with only one physical attacker, usually.

I also have a weird habit of making sure not to repeat a type at all in my party (I can repeat move types, but not Pokemon types), so every pokemon needs a different typing. That can make team building a bit more complicated, but I just can't have multiple types in my party.
My first White team (Emboar/Leavanny/Hax/Excadrill/a couple of others whom I forgot) was mostly physical based. :/

This current one seems like a mixed bag.
(Special Samurott/Galvantula/Lilligant/Throh/Reuniclus/Darmanitan/Scolipede)

but the thing is, Archeops doesn't 2HKO, but OHKO. That's different. You don't need to use healing items, when the opponent's poke is dead before it can hit you.
Except, it doesn't.

You're giving him too much credit, his 140 base attack may be high, but it's not spectacularly high.

It's this kind of overhyping that leaves people disappointed, remember what happened with Haxorus? You're doing it again.
I'm not a hater, I'm just realistic.

Except, it doesn't.

You're giving him too much credit, his 140 base attack may be high, but it's not spectacularly high.

It's this kind of overhyping that leaves people disappointed, remember what happened with Haxorus? You're doing it again.
Except, it does.

Acrobatics is ridiculously powerful, and with its absurd attack stat it OHKOs basically everything in the game. Haxorus? This is in game. The hype you're referring to is competitive. They are two different things. Archeops has a great movepool, high speed, and amazing power. Infernape was frail last gen but it was still high tier in game because it also had these attributes (except it has less speed and power for more on the special side).

Kinda funny, I too run with a primarily physical team, the sole exception being my electric spider. But yeah, I mean it's kinda odd, I know they're out there, yet I didn't pick them up for this playthrough for whatever reason...honestly since they're all new, you kinda want to make a team with everyone lol.

As for water, if Samurott isn't your thing, there's always the jellyfish ghost, simipour, water/ground toad...probably a few more out there that I'm forgetting too.
Thanks for the tips. And yeah, that's true, I guess. Actually learning about the Pokemon as I go along in-game would be nice, but I also find myself popping open another tab in Bulbapedia everytime I see a new Pokemon and checking its evolutions, base stats, movepool, etc.

Edit: Speaking of Archeops, it's just my luck that I got a TIMID one. Jesus.

Thanks for the tips. And yeah, that's true, I guess. Actually learning about the Pokemon as I go along in-game would be nice, but I also find myself popping open another tab in Bulbapedia everytime I see a new Pokemon and checking its evolutions, base stats, movepool, etc.

Edit: Speaking of Archeops, it's just my luck that I got a TIMID one. Jesus.
Lol, I did too. AncientPower abuse anyone?...no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)