Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

My first EVER shiny, in about 5 years of encountering wild pokes was a Pidove. Was , just like Destiny Warrior's Darumakka, on Japanese White.......

I got my first shiny (a Duskull) from a friend, and besides the LoR Gyarados, the only shiny I ever caught was a Drowzee. I'm hoping to find a shiny Darumaka some time, Darmanitan looks pretty ace in shiny :)

Platinum made shinies stupidly easy. My shiny list. (Not including my Scolipede and Poliwag, come to think of it getting 2 shinies in my first week of playing Black is stupidly lucky lol.)

I think once I finish this game I'll still be playing 4th gen a lot; chaining in Platinum, Move Tutor moves in SS, finishing off Battle Frontier. In fact I'm sure I'll even go back to the 3rd gen as it's the only way to catch the Regis outside of an event. This generation is really a let down for post game stuff.

I love rotation battles so much, its fantastic, and so strategical

Cons: C-Gear I dont think Ill use it and it gets in the way, a. lot.
100%

Im up to the flying gym at the moment and I am loving this game. In order to get a good feel of the pokemon I caught every different thing. I have a team of 8, that I switch around my Munna, Zebstrika, and a Fossil Water Turtle thing that I love.
I love rotation battles so much, its fantastic, and so strategical

Cons: C-Gear I dont think Ill use it and it gets in the way, a. lot.

My only recent shiny that comes to mind is a shiny Grimer that I found while EV Training for HP in SoulSilver.. I named it Booger.. lol.

As far as the game goes, I beat it 3 days ago and have already EV trained a ralts for a Gallade which is at 71. :/ I have to much time on my hands

Platinum made shinies stupidly easy. My shiny list. (Not including my Scolipede and Poliwag, come to think of it getting 2 shinies in my first week of playing Black is stupidly lucky lol.)

I think once I finish this game I'll still be playing 4th gen a lot; chaining in Platinum, Move Tutor moves in SS, finishing off Battle Frontier. In fact I'm sure I'll even go back to the 3rd gen as it's the only way to catch the Regis outside of an event. This generation is really a let down for post game stuff.

100%
LOLWUT 35 Shinies. >_>

actually..sometimes the battle animations actually slow down and lag a little.. it's like they're making so much happen all at once. hope the game doesnt crash later on
When something is statused or on low health, the animations are much slower. Someone else has probably said this to you by now, but I just wanted to let you know.

Took a small break from playing the game. Already beaten Burgh (a horrible even by GF standards) and thinking on if I should stay and soft-reset on Victini or continue the game until I get the Master ball? I would try it right now but I need to find someone who's kind enough to donation a spare master ball to me. Gamefreak, you had to give Victini the standard 3% capture rate.

BTW, Hardy Sawk vs Adamant Timburr, Jolly Sandile vs Impish Drilbur. Which one of them should I keep on training?

When something is statused or on low health, the animations are much slower. Someone else has probably said this to you by now, but I just wanted to let you know.
no i wasn't aware of this. hmm.. i'll have to pay attention a little more to see the reactions

I thought that only happens at low health, but people are probably focusing more on the epic music that plays anyway. :/

As for status, sleep will result in a slower animation, and maybe paralysis, but not poison and burn, iirc.

So I'm not doing any more grinding than usual for Black and White (since I imported it), and yet I was one well-timed Revive from my first ingame party wipe in Pokemon. Ever.

That Gentleman on Route 18... damn you, Simisage and Darmantian.

At least everything's final form and in the mid 40s before the final Gym, so that shouldn't happen again.

oh gawd

I had an ingame party wipe after half my team got owned in a wild double with 2 Deerlings, then I stupidly faced a clown with a Sigilyph. Dewott barely made a comeback, but bastard had to survive a Torrent'd Water Pulse at ONE MOTHERFUCKING HP. GAH.

User 43539

Banned deucer.
Guys, I decided that my 6th guy is going to be Axew.

So right now, my team is

Axew
Darmanitan
Krookodile
Swana
Galvantula
Serperior

Axew is so hard to change, and although I 2 hit ko everything, everthing also two hit kos me, meaning I have to go back to Pokecenter after every battle

Serperior is still as useless as ever. I only use him for that ground water type

I got swept by the double battle with two Sewaddle in Pinwheel Forest. >_< Granted, I only had Servine and Blitzle at the time, but still, it was a pain. It didn't make me feel any better when Blitzle learned Flame Charge right after winning the battle (second attempt)...

I'm post-game, and I was nearly party-wiped by a mother-pucking SCIENTIST in the DREAMYARD. Seriously, GameFreak, maybe not all of us have raced to the PokeTransfer, hmm? And I thought I was underlevelled going IN to the E4...

Finally got White yesterday, just beat the 3rd gym this morning.

Fun, but I feel like I'm gonna be replacing most of my team later.

Pignite started off sorta not so great, but he's growing on me.

Herdier's good, but he's got Sand Paddle instead of Intimidate (really Game Freak? Sand Paddle on a Normal type dog?). I was never a fan of pure Normal types, though, so he'll probably get replaced.

Already replaced my Pansage with a Petitil. She's a good plant type, I like her.

Just picked up a Sandile but I didn't get to use him yet.

Roggenrola just evolved, and he's pretty good, but I think I might replace him with one of the fossil guys (I like the Rock type, but I'm not a fan of mono-type pokemon in general).

Beat the game 5 days after purchase, working on post game now. It's been good fun so far!
Teamwise, Excadrill and Darmanitan are awesome, and Samurott is great too. I've hardly had any trouble with the post-E4 level jump, since these Pokemon wipe the floor with everything (with the help of several resets and many Hyper Potions at first). Gurdurr with an Eviolite is also an incredible tank, nothing short of crits can kill it.
Zebstrika is the only weak link, I will have to re-teach it Spark over Discharge since it does rubbish damage.

Also, I know someone has asked before, but is there a translation for the weird writing in the ruins? I think I remember seeing a translation guide somewhere after the Japanese release. (Ruins are awesome though. You don't have to worry about money in this game. Even if you run out you can beat up The Riches and get tons of money.)

Only thing I'm missing right now from previous games is the EV-reducing berries. Apparently my Excadrill has a perfect Attack IV, and I want to check the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)