Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD Whiscash seems like it will cause it to get some attention. And he has a pretty good Physical move pool- DD/ AquaTail/ Water Fall/ EQ/ Zen Heatbutt/ Ston Edge/ Spark.
And then he has Tickle/ Hydro Pump/ SleepTalk/ Rest.
Hopefully he will get loads of attention, I know I will try it out.

EDIT- It is too bad Victreebel still does not get Power Whip. At least it gets Fire Weather Ball + Chlorophyll + synthesis.

The problem is, Whiscash is too slow and too weak to be doing any significant damage. Leafeon laughs at it, Meganium laughs at it, Regigigas laughs at it, Slaking laughs at it, Cradily laughs at it, Lickilicky laughs at it, Vileplume, Poliwrath, Quagsire, Tauros... In short, anything that isn't hit for SE damage can take a hit and force it out. Whiscash needs Ice Beam and significant EV investment in SA to have a chance at beating bulky grasses, and then it loses the raw power/speed it needs. Also, if it runs Ice Beam, it has to drop Stone Edge, and without SE, Regice, Articuno and Cloyster have fun.

The problem is, Whiscash is too slow and too weak to be doing any significant damage.
Crawdaunt is more appealing between the two, with better stats and more offensive attacks. X-scissor, Waterfall, Avalanche?, Crunch, superpower, Metal Claw, ect.

Still- Whiscash can hit neutral on plenty of pokes. I haven't thought of it much, but Tickle could soften switch-ins and force switches.

Head Smash Aggron should get some interesting play. It runs Relicanth's Rock Polish/Head Smash set, but better.

Brave Bird on Honchkrow = BL for sure.

Nasty Plot/Baton Pass Mr. Mime becomes playable, especially in uu. That could be potent.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Honchkrow wont actually be getting as much attention for Brave Bird, because between Rocks and Recoil and Life Orb damage...Honchkrow wont be getting many turns to live. But Nasty Plot Mismagius is going to take UU by storm, it will be suspect right away.

I don't know if this has been said yet but I know that some people have been saying that Dratini can't learn ES because no pokémon in its egg groups learn it. However, this isn't the case:

After you have defeated Clair in the Blackthorn Gym, she will send you on a quest into the Dragon.s Den. Deep inside the den you will discover a building with the elders. These Elders will ask you questions about how you raise your Pokémon. After the questions are answered, he will give you a Dratini. If you answer his questions with the compassionate responses, the Dratini will know the special move; ExtremeSpeed. If you don't answer with those responses, it will just know its basic moves.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Uh -oh.

You hear that? ES Dratini is GIVEN TO YOU.
That means no breeding for natures or IV's.

That means soft resetting a million/jillion times.

Nearly all of them will be useless for ingame.
Any decent ones will be hacked.

Uh -oh.

You hear that? ES Dratini is GIVEN TO YOU.
That means no breeding for natures or IV's.

That means soft resetting a million/jillion times.

Nearly all of them will be useless for ingame.
Any decent ones will be hacked.
No, because it's an egg move now. Simply breed that dratini and you get another with ES.

Im gonna start using gravity registeel coupled with choice band dugtrio to totally screw up UU like blisstrio screwed OU in gravity.

With Scizor getting Bug Bite and having technician, the damage calculation should go like this:

60 x 1.5 Technician = 90
90 + (60 x 1.5 STAB) = 120

Is this correct?

If so, this basically means scizor gets a 120 powered attack, and if the foe is holding a berry, the attack power will go up to 240? Wow.

With Scizor getting Bug Bite and having technician, the damage calculation should go like this:

60 x 1.5 Technician = 90
90 + (60 x 1.5 STAB) = 120

Is this correct?

If so, this basically means scizor gets a 120 powered attack, and if the foe is holding a berry, the attack power will go up to 240? Wow.
Your thinking of Pluck(also 60 base). Bug Bite receives the effects of the berry.
He can eat Ninjask's Leichi Berry, or random Salac Berries.

Edit-
Will Scizor now use
Swords Dance/ Bullet Punch/ Bug Bite/ Superpower?
No more U-turn

So if the foe is holding a berry, Pluck only doubles the base power of the attack, while Bug Bite gets the berry. Hm. I thought they did the same thing, but now I know!

60*1.5*1.5 gives you base 135, not 120 anyway, making it better than X-Scissor (Base 120), but arguably worse than U-Turn due to U-turns secondary effect.

U-Turn is just too good for scouting reasons for Scizor to replace it with Bug Bite. Although I'm sure other sets will utilize it.

-Terywj

Isn't the whole scouting-the-counter appeal of U-Turn down to a bug in Shoddy 1's coding? In which case it should be fixed when Shoddy 2 is released in the coming months...

If not, ignore me

U-turn will remain the main choice on Banded Scizors. It would be foolish to replace it for Bug Bite on Banded Scizors. On SD Sets Bug Bite is far Superior. He now has a stab attack that out damages X-Scissor as well as a not stabbed Superpower.

I just realized Alakazam got Gravity, this makes Gravity teams really viable, as a SuicideGravityLead would be awesome, and this allows Stall Teams to be very potent. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)