Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical In-Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feared they'd butcher the Rival theme, and the bastards did. They made up for it with the actual battle theme, however.

Also, I can see Clair's team already...

Dragonair lv 39
Dragonair lv 39
Dragonair lv 39
Kingdra@Sitrus Berry lv 42 with Dragon Pulse as prize.

Oh yes, one of those Dragonair will have Rain Dance for Kingdra to abuse STABbed Surf and Swift Swim.

Wonder if Scizor learns shadow sneak. That would be beast.

Bullet Punch
Shadow Sneak
U Turn
Superpower/Pursuit.

Shadow sneak would rape rotom formes, that stop scizor.
Actually according to Tab's calc, +2 (Swords Dance) Szicor does 87.5% - 100 % to max/max Rotom, So really get your stealth rocks out.

Y'know, that might be true, and indeed Belly Drum-Aqua Jet Azumarill, if it gets Ice Shard too, will be nigh-on impossible to kill, but there's one offset: That base 50 speed the wabbit has.

Yes, chucking priority from 1744 attack is pretty insane, but if said priority moves are coming from something with not even 200 speed...you can see where this is going, right?

Sucker Punch, Fake Out, other priority...Azu will simply be overwhelmed with faster priority users before it can legitimately sweep.

Belly Drum isn't easy to set up either when you're losing half of your total HP. Vaporeon also makes a great counter too.

As a proud user of Azumarill, I'll be very happy if this turns out to be legit.

Also, Vaporeon is not an issue- you can EV Azu to outspeed it, and a Belly Drum'd Return won't make Vaporeon happy.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Ok, I got the game.
I will try to post here some images, and i will upload some videos in my youtube account

I really hope blissey does not learn encore

Y'know, that might be true, and indeed Belly Drum-Aqua Jet Azumarill, if it gets Ice Shard too, will be nigh-on impossible to kill, but there's one offset: That base 50 speed the wabbit has.

Yes, chucking priority from 1744 attack is pretty insane, but if said priority moves are coming from something with not even 200 speed...you can see where this is going, right?

Sucker Punch, Fake Out, other priority...Azu will simply be overwhelmed with faster priority users before it can legitimately sweep.
I think you're underestimating Azumarill's bulk a bit. The strongest commonly seen priority that Azumarill doesn't resist in OU, a Life Orb Extremespeed from Lucario, manages only 35% on average against 252/0 Azumarill (I'm assuming that if you have base 50 speed and is abusing priority, and you resist Scizor's main mode of priority, there's no need to invest in speed, really). If Azumarill is holding leftovers, it is never KO'd by Extremespeed barring a crit. Meanwhile Lucario is dead as soon as Azu gets off its Aqua Jet. Scizor's Quick Attack is comparable to Lucario's Extremespeed (slightly weaker), and pretty much all other forms of priority in OU are resisted by Azu.

Sucker Punch is a problem, though.

Like last time, I'm holding doubt (and you should too) until I see some screen shots from the game that confirm this. That just seems too crazy of Nintendo.
I'm doubtful about those move tutors too. To be honest I really hope they're not legit. I find it weird how they didn't release info about move tutors until now (if this information is legit) considering how for Platinum, it was made known quite early in the promotional videos/magazines that there were going to be move tutors. Also, having Shadow Sneak as a tutor move kind of gets rid of the exclusivity of Giratina coming with Shadow Sneak, and that seems kind of counter-productive IMO.

Don't know if this has been said/confirmed, but,

REDS TEAM!

Red's team in the game data: Lv.88 Pikachu, Lv.80 Lapras, Lv.82 Snorlax, Lv.84 Charizard, Lv.84 Venusaur, Lv.84 Blastoise.

He got tougher!

It appears Sabrina and other Kanto leaders got tougher as well. Sabrina has a lvl 53 Espeon, 53 Mr. Mime, and 55 Alakazam.

Blaine has 54 Magcargo, 54 Magmar, and 59 Rapidash.

Those move tutors are cool. Hopefully Kingdra and Feraligatr get Aqua Jet, but Gyarados doesn't :)

EDIT: Anti-lead Gengar with Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Taunt/Hypnosis, Thunderbolt, anybody?

Gary/Blue/Green/Whatever has: Lv 55 Exeggutor, Lv 58 Arcanine, Lv 58 Rhydon, Lv 52 Gyarados, Lv 56 Machamp and Lv 60 Pidgeot.
Seems like there won't be any 3rd and 4th gen. pokemon in the Kanto Gym Leaders' rosters...

I just ripped all the music from SS. Interestingly, the games seem to have some of the original G/S/C battle music in them (as far as I can tell). I don't know what it's for, though. Also, Suicune seems to have slightly different music from Raikou/Entei. I can't figure out which music is for Lugia/Ho-oh, though.
Kanto gets all its music this time (G/S/C missed a few out).
Finally, for some reason, there is also the Route 101 theme from R/S. My guess is that it's unused in-game, much like the R/S menu in D/P and the several G/S/C songs in R/S.

Aqua Jet, Ice Shard, Shadow Sneak and Encore are cool tutors. There'll be some very interesting changes.

I just tested the platinum bug, it's still there, but different. Killing a Pokémon with Pursuit during a Sandstorm completely cancelled the sandstorm and created non-damaging Rain.

cherrim with weather ball is awesome, now we can focus on other hidden powers but fire.
EDIT: Is night slash on luxray new?

Flareon still doesn't get Flare Blitz.
Heracross still doesn't get Mach Punch.
Ho-oh now has Brave Bird. Too bad it has no coverage in Ubers, but at least it's neutral on a bunch of them and I guess STAB may mean something.
Gengar now learns Disable. Might have some use in a sub set and... oh who am I kidding lolol.
Farfy gets Leaf Blade. Take that bulbapedia trivia!
Mismagius gets Nasty Plot via breeding. Hmm...
Stantler gets Megahorn. Yay, uselss trivia!
Absol gets it too. Does it even have any use for it?
A whole bunch of other near exclusive moves get handed out too. Squirtle and Remoraid now learns Water Spout. Weather Ball got handed out to Lugia, Ho-oh and maybe some others. Donphan gets Head Smash!??!? And Probopass and Aggron too.
Didn't someone mention Plusle and Minun don't get Discharge? Well they do now.
Crawdaunt now gets Dragon Dance. Dunno how much good it'll do to it though...
Kingler now gets Agility to bypass its average speed.
Quagsire now gets Recover.

I think it's fake.

Why is everyone so inclined to immediately believe it?

I mean, things like Aqua Jet Totodile?

Nasty Plot on Mismagius is very interesting... Lots of additions in the learnsets of UU pokemon. Damn, that tier was starting to get balanced...

I'm surprised nobody's talking more about the pedometer-device that can link up with the game. That old infrared pedometer that linked up with GSC (along with the old 'mystery gift' function) was just about the only way to get evolution stones in the old games...that, and mystery-gifting with other carts, if you had friends, or with Pokemon Stadium 2. I'm interested to see what extras it affords. At the very least, it will be nice to be able to level-up guys while not "playing" the game.

The fact that promo Pokemon can unlock new areas in it (with more and different wild pokes) is pretty interesting, too. Hopefully the US / Europe / elsewhere will get the same Arceus, Pichu, Jirachi that Japan got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)