1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

Discussion in 'Shoddy Battle and Pokémon Lab' started by Cathy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Cathy

Cathy

[​IMG]

We've been working on Pokémon Lab for the last eighteen months, and we're quite happy to finally release this public beta version of the program! Only generation four is included so far, but it's definitely the most accurate gen 4 simulator around, and there are tons of features that will keep you interested (including battles where up to six Pokémon are out at once!). The battle engine was specifically designed to be very accurate, highly maintainable, and transparent. We plan to add generation five as more information becomes available and as time permits.

Like Shoddy Battle 1, Pokémon Lab is free software, which means that you are free to study the source code, modify it as you see fit, and redistribute your modified or unmodified version, so long as you follow the licence terms.

I won't describe all of the features at length because they are easily discoverable by using the program! You can load your Shoddy Battle 1 teams.

If you find a bug while playing, please create a ticket on our web site, but check the known defects first.

Main credits for this project:

Catherine "Cathy" Fitzpatrick (that's me!) - original designer and developer, wrote most of the server and Pokémon engine
    Benjamin "bearzly" Gwin - original designer and developer, wrote most of the client
    Carlos "Super" Fernandez - contributor to the server and client

We also had some minor supplementary contributions from Justin8649 and En-Cu-Kou. I also want to give a big thanks to X-Act, Peterko, TheMaskedNitpicker, and others for their high quality research efforts. Zracknel provided the logo you see above, and other artwork that we aren't releasing yet.

You can download all of the source code from our Mercurial repositories. The code for this release is tagged beta2_release.

To get started playing, open the following client download link.

Client download link
    Trac instance (for posting bugs!)

We hope you enjoy this program!

Attention: If you post a bug about game mechanics on the trac instance, please attach a log of the entire battle or we will not be able to look into the problem. Also include the unique battle ID given at the start of the battle, if possible.

Note: If the server is down when you try to connect, please don't panic. We almost certainly know. Please do not make posts about how you cannot connect to the server.
  2. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

Yeah.

A big round of virtual hands for Cathy, bearzly, and Super!
  3. ginganinja

ginganinja Dating Haunter
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

wow. Thanks guys (and girls) so much for all your hard work. Gotta go trial this now!
  4. HavocInfinity

HavocInfinity

Yeah, this is pretty sweet.
  5. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

6. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Cheer`s to Pokelab! Thanks for working hard for us!
  7. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

YAYYYYYYY! Great to see this made public at last. <3 Congratulations and thank you so much Cathy, Super, and bearzly!
  8. destinybond

destinybond

I cant wait to check it out! thanks!
  9. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

10. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It uses your Smogon Forums username and password, not Shoddy Battle.
  11. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

12. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

it's great to see this go public n_n
  13. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

14. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Good job, guys.
  15. dfe

dfe

excellent. good job guys!
  16. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Is this mac compatible? Or is a mac version still WIP
  17. VKCA

VKCA (Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

well I just downloaded it for mac, and outside my inability to log on, it works.
  18. Royal Flush

Royal Flush in brazil rain
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

FUCKYEA!!!!!!

Good work, guys!
  19. StealthX

StealthX

this is awesome! Thanks.
  20. Infinite_Bob

Infinite_Bob

I can't login either, It's saying my account doesn't exist (which it does, since I am here...)? Any Ideas..
  21. Heist

Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

22. Sceats

Sceats

Looks awesome, great work guys! Can't wait for gen 5 to be implemented.
  23. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

24. Timlahaye

Timlahaye

25. Faladran

Faladran
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Thanks so much!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)