Pokémon Let's Go! - Pikachu and Eevee

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I doubt there'll be more Let's Go titles.

The interest for a sequel on gen 2 (or more) would demand significantly more tham just a hd remake of the exact same game.
Unless they're lying about being satisfied with the number of Let's Go sales or they don't think Pokemon GO is going to last any longer, I don't see why they wouldn't continue it. Now that the framework for the Let's Go games have been made it would actually be pretty easy and maybe even cheaper to remake the Gold & Silver games in the Let's Go style.

Plus with all the content they left out (not to mention LG:PE only lets you transfer the Gen I Pokemon from GO), they actually have things to add back in. In a twisted way it's sort of emulating the original experience but with some newer content added in to also change it. So don't expect Abilities until Let's Go Hoenn, but do expect Z-Moves in Let's Go Johto!

But all of this is probably not even in development stage yet. Right now the focus is mainly on the next gen core games and core remakes...

I wouldn't be surprised if they used Let's Go for all their remakes. People have been craving for gen 4 remakes for a long time, maybe that could be next in 2020/21, leaving the next main series game after this year to 2021/22. By then it'll have been long enough since gen 5 for a Let's Go Black/White in 2022/23.

I definitely am not a fan of Let's Go, so I'm really not sure how Let's Go and the main series games (I actually count Let's Go as a main series game but let's take their word for it and assume they're separate) can coexist, since they're so similar. If both parties are interested/determined to keep this partnership going, Let's Go would either have to be used as a placeholder between actual main series games like I said or they'd just continue incorporating aspects of Go into the main series games, which is something they said wouldn't happen, right? And this is why I can never take their word for anything, because plans change depending on reactions.

(not to mention LG:PE only lets you transfer the Gen I Pokemon from GO),
Consider that the Safari Park of Let's Go doesn't really need to remain as a "Let's Go exclusive".

They can very well just implement a similar version of it in future Switch games.

As I said, I see it very very hard to attract further public interest with following batches of Let's Go titles, as pure HD hybrid ports of already existing games won't really sell when they have to compete with the actual main series + eventual actual remake of old titles.

Sure, it *is* possible for Let's Go titles to completely take over the "remake" spot but... again... would people really have interest in it? I doubt.

I don't really think we'll get more Let's Go titles seeing how LGPE didn't exactly keep selling at all after the initial release, unless they significantly alter/improve the development and design of those titles.
They might be aiming at kids, but it's not kids the majority of the buyer of their actual core series games, and it reflected heavily in how much less LGPE sold compared to even USUM.

I think people would have interest in Let's Go if only because they're still Pokemon games if they exclusively do remakes and main series games become more spaced out (3-5 years), thus using Let's Go as placeholders. People still want their Pokemon fix and Pokemon just doesn't have that replayability that can last years. At the very least, I would give it another shot for a gen 4 remake if I were GF.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You can. You can use it basically anywhere in the game.
*Facepalm* Like, okay, the Elite Four usually isn't that hard to defeat, still though they lock you in as a final test. A small boss rush meant to test your team planning and resourcefulness before facing the strongest trainer. If they just let you swap out your Pokemon then what's the point of locking you in? To see if you're able to buy potions or know how to game the system?

I kind of find this more offensive then the Gym Requirements. At least most of those are either something you already have done or are checking to see if you done the story bit (only one I found a problem with was Sabrina's, asking you to have a Pokemon who's level is above her highest level). But they might as well have treated the Elite Four as any other Gym if they're going to let you swap out Pokemon whenever you want, heck just have the Elite Four heal your party afterwards to save you the trip back to the Pokemon Center. Thinking about it, this actually makes the original Gen I games more challenging then these remakes, not due to limitations, but by design!

What would future Let's Goes even be? Togepi and Marril for Johto? Mimikyu and Togedemaru for Alola? Rio
Another thing which makes me wonder if Let's Go will continue. Because you're right, I'm having a hard time thinking what pair of Johto Pokemon they'll do. I guess Togepi and Marill would make the most sense, though they'd REALLY have to adjust their stats moreso than Pikachu and Eevee (to get their stats to be up as high as the Partner Pikachu & Eevee, they'd need to add 180 points to their BST). Also both of them are defensive Pokemon so they'd REALLY have to change how they play to make them "easier" to use. Also would they be willing to use Pokemon that aren't as easily recognizable? Snubbull and Houndour look like a good pair with, decent stats, and different play styles. Mareep and Teddiursa might also be a good pair. Skarmory and Mantine would be a bit neat but doubtful. And I would pay good money if they went with Ledyba and Spinarak, lol!

I'm not even going to try predicting the others, at least until they announce a Let's Go Johto and see what they do with it.

*Facepalm* Like, okay, the Elite Four usually isn't that hard to defeat, still though they lock you in as a final test. A small boss rush meant to test your team planning and resourcefulness before facing the strongest trainer. If they just let you swap out your Pokemon then what's the point of locking you in? To see if you're able to buy potions or know how to game the system?

I kind of find this more offensive then the Gym Requirements. At least most of those are either something you already have done or are checking to see if you done the story bit (only one I found a problem with was Sabrina's, asking you to have a Pokemon who's level is above her highest level). But they might as well have treated the Elite Four as any other Gym if they're going to let you swap out Pokemon whenever you want, heck just have the Elite Four heal your party afterwards to save you the trip back to the Pokemon Center. Thinking about it, this actually makes the original Gen I games more challenging then these remakes, not due to limitations, but by design!
I get what you mean, but I don't really have a problem with this. It's 100% optional for the player to use the portable box and you'd have had to train those Pokemon up to par to be able to really use them in the Elite Four, anyway. One thing about Pokemon is that while it's generally an easy game, you can always add your own rules and stuff to make the game harder, e.g. not using Candy in Let's Go, not using your starter in battles, healing limitations etc. I think that's one of the few things GameFreak actually did well in Let's Go.

Another thing which makes me wonder if Let's Go will continue. Because you're right, I'm having a hard time thinking what pair of Johto Pokemon they'll do. I guess Togepi and Marill would make the most sense, though they'd REALLY have to adjust their stats moreso than Pikachu and Eevee (to get their stats to be up as high as the Partner Pikachu & Eevee, they'd need to add 180 points to their BST). Also both of them are defensive Pokemon so they'd REALLY have to change how they play to make them "easier" to use. Also would they be willing to use Pokemon that aren't as easily recognizable? Snubbull and Houndour look like a good pair with, decent stats, and different play styles. Mareep and Teddiursa might also be a good pair. Skarmory and Mantine would be a bit neat but doubtful. And I would pay good money if they went with Ledyba and Spinarak, lol!

I'm not even going to try predicting the others, at least until they announce a Let's Go Johto and see what they do with it.
And that's where shifting remakes exclusively to Let's Go would help. Make them all the original starters in those games, only now they follow you around and obviously can evolve as they usually do.

I see where you're coming from, but consider that without self-imposed challenges, Let's Go is already trivial anyway.

And besides, it's unlikely that you have trained more than your party by there. Giovanni>E4 has a significant level spike compared to the gyms before, thus aside from the legendary birds, it's highly unlikely you have other pokes at level 55+ other than your own team to begin with.

Maybe Hoenn will have Carvanha and Numel, Sinnoh will have Riolu and Pacharisu, and Unova will have Emolga and Zorua. No idea a

Nintendo released their financial results for last quarter overnight and Let's Go collectively shipped 10 million in its first month and a half.

That's faster than all but one of the game sets released since X & Y (which shipped 11.6m but had an extra month of sale), that being Sun and Moon.

84% of those sales were outside Japan.

Nintendo released their financial results for last quarter overnight and Let's Go collectively shipped 10 million in its first month and a half.

That's faster than all but one of the game sets released since X & Y (which shipped 11.6m but had an extra month of sale), that being Sun and Moon.

As a reference, so far Let's Go is known to have sold more than every "third version" bar Yellow, although less than every other remake.

I see where you're coming from, but consider that without self-imposed challenges, Let's Go is already trivial anyway.

And besides, it's unlikely that you have trained more than your party by there. Giovanni>E4 has a significant level spike compared to the gyms before, thus aside from the legendary birds, it's highly unlikely you have other pokes at level 55+ other than your own team to begin with.
Do the Pokémon fully heal when placed in the box?

Wow that's a surprise; why do I remember the number being something dismal like 4 million?

According to Serebii's twitter, the outside-of-Japan sales were 81.6%, but close enough. Surprisingly, he also says that Gen I nostalgia is apparently a stronger factor outside of Japan than within Japan, which makes me wonder why Game Freak is going for nostalgia so much then.

Looks like the "first core series Pokemon games on Switch" blurb combined with the success and popularity of the Switch itself really did mean a lot.

Do the Pokémon fully heal when placed in the box?
Definitely not, otherwise you'd have a portable Pokemon Center on you at all times, which would be ridiculous even for casual play.

Wow that's a surprise; why do I remember the number being something dismal like 4 million?

According to Serebii's twitter, the outside-of-Japan sales were 81.6%, but close enough. Surprisingly, he also says that Gen I nostalgia is apparently a stronger factor outside of Japan than within Japan, which makes me wonder why Game Freak is going for nostalgia so much then.

Looks like the "first core series Pokemon games on Switch" blurb combined with the success and popularity of the Switch itself really did mean a lot.

Definitely not, otherwise you'd have a portable Pokemon Center on you at all times, which would be ridiculous even for casual play.
According to page 6 of the financial report, 1.85 million units of Let's Go were sold in Japan and 8.16 million overseas, making the number indeed closer to 81.6%

Overall, 75.3% of Nintendo's revenue comes from overseas sales, according to one of the charts on this page. You can see more details by scrolling over to the tab above the graph that says 地域別売上高 (revenue by area) to check.

As a reference, so far Let's Go is known to have sold more than every "third version" bar Yellow, although less than every other remake.
This isn't to say much though as every single remake has sold more than a third version of its gen. So it's really going as predicted.

Serebii said:
It has been confirmed that the demo for the games Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! has been released on the Nintendo Switch eShop. This demo matches the demo that ran on tours late last year and comes in two versions: one for Pikachu and one for Eevee within one piece of software. It requires 2.2GB of space to download.
Well that's certainly interesting. I remember for Smash they specifically said they weren't releasing the E3 demo because they felt the graphics assets and co. outside of a match looked too unpolished for a mass release.

Well that's certainly interesting. I remember for Smash they specifically said they weren't releasing the E3 demo because they felt the graphics assets and co. outside of a match looked too unpolished for a mass release.
I have to say, playing the demo would have turned me away from the game...

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
That only works if the game is good. I was skeptical of the Go mechanics, and playing a demo version of it would've made me hate it, though I would've saved some money.
Ya, I got confused and thought you meant Smash Bros, since you quoted someone referencing those. My misinterpretation.

Ya, for me, I am not one of those pre-order people, nor the first day of release people. Same with movies, just wait and see what the actual general public and/or consumers think of it, then buy.

I know a LOT of people who took a chance on the game and ended up enjoying it more than their initial scepticism led them to think they would. I personally wouldn't have considered buying it if I hadn't tried it on my friend's console first and quite liked it.

I expect this trend is fairly representative, if Nintendo figures that releasing a demo months after the game's release is a good idea.

Ya, I got confused and thought you meant Smash Bros, since you quoted someone referencing those. My misinterpretation.

Ya, for me, I am not one of those pre-order people, nor the first day of release people. Same with movies, just wait and see what the actual general public and/or consumers think of it, then buy.
Derp, I quoted the wrong post lol. Sorry for the confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)