Pokémon Let's Go! - Pikachu and Eevee

That only works if the game is good. I was skeptical of the Go mechanics, and playing a demo version of it would've made me hate it, though I would've saved some money.
I'm unsure about that, unless you've literally been hiding under a rock, there was full footage as well as commentary and even people trying to get math-ish data available of the demo everywhere.

I have a hard time imagining what you could have seen from playing the demo yourself that it wasn't already shown on the 10 thousand videos that were around :P

(also, consider the demo was only upwards to Pewter Gym. Nothing else.)

I'm unsure about that, unless you've literally been hiding under a rock, there was full footage as well as commentary and even people trying to get math-ish data available of the demo everywhere.

I have a hard time imagining what you could have seen from playing the demo yourself that it wasn't already shown on the 10 thousand videos that were around :P

Watching it is different from experiencing it.

Right now, I'm saving for Switch and thinking of LGVee, yet I think I am just doing this for the Meltan Box for my GO (Melmetal is a decent gym defender, and if you have Switch, you have practically infinite Meltan there, much much easier to find than raising Blissey, Snorlax, or Milotic, even with 400 candy revolve requirement.) And maybe some supplements too like mon transfer into core game later. Is it bad if I think that way?

If they do have the option to make next remakes though... that'll be tough, and they'll have to carefully pick they mascot, in each region, do they? (then again, if they do it that way, they could also probably do another "Meltan" equivalent, which means having multiple generaions of LG copies....)

The price of the game alone still scares me, though....

If they do have the option to make next remakes though... that'll be tough, and they'll have to carefully pick they mascot, in each region, do they? (then again, if they do it that way, they could also probably do another "Meltan" equivalent, which means having multiple generaions of LG copies....)

The price of the game alone still scares me, though....
Consider that at this point it's not too hard to find underpriced used copies.

I do not think still now that the game is remotely worth 60 bucks even though i find it quite fun. But shouldn't be hard to fetch a used one for 40 or even 30.

Consider that at this point it's not too hard to find underpriced used copies.

I do not think still now that the game is remotely worth 60 bucks even though i find it quite fun. But shouldn't be hard to fetch a used one for 40 or even 30.
If it helps, I've found both LGPikachu (new) & LGEevee (new) for 45 bucks each. I have bought 'Pikachu!' for even cheaper about two weeks ago, from the same place though.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Any thoughts on transferring Pokémon from Let’s Go Pokemon to Nintendo Home, as well as Pokémon from Pokémon Go?

“Planned for an early 2020 launch for iOS and Android devices, Pokemon Home will let players integrate Pokemon from the Nintendo 3DS' Pokemon Bank, Pokemon Go on smartphones, and Nintendo Switch games like Pokemon: Let's Go and Pokemon Sword and Shield.”

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/05/29/pokemon-home-announced-for-nintendo-switch-and-smartphones
It's going to depend on which Pokemon are in the Galar regional dex because Pokemon that AREN'T going to be a part of said dex won't be allowed to transfer to Sword and Shield.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Any thoughts on transferring Pokémon from Let’s Go Pokemon to Nintendo Home, as well as Pokémon from Pokémon Go?

“Planned for an early 2020 launch for iOS and Android devices, Pokemon Home will let players integrate Pokemon from the Nintendo 3DS' Pokemon Bank, Pokemon Go on smartphones, and Nintendo Switch games like Pokemon: Let's Go and Pokemon Sword and Shield.”

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/05/29/pokemon-home-announced-for-nintendo-switch-and-smartphones
Wondering how LGPE and Go 'mons are going to get Abilities. Probably guaranteed HA like with Virtual Console transfers. And actually, direct Go transfers would have to get their Nature somewhere, too. Who knows if there will be a similar safari zone facility in Galar.

Wondering how LGPE and Go 'mons are going to get Abilities. Probably guaranteed HA like with Virtual Console transfers. And actually, direct Go transfers would have to get their Nature somewhere, too. Who knows if there will be a similar safari zone facility in Galar.
Ability data is actually present in Let's Go IIRC. Most likely in order to not have to make it up like the Virtual Console games.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
It's going to depend on which Pokemon are in the Galar regional dex because Pokemon that AREN'T going to be a part of said dex won't be allowed to transfer to Sword and Shield.
I think that they are using Home to preserve them so that future releases will accommodate them. Say that Gen 9 will have a different “expanded” (other regional Pokémon), that Gen 8 will not, this let’s you transfer down the line, or if they have the Gen 4 remakes, those games can hold some Pokémon not in Gen 8.

Also, let’s not forget that Pokémon Go is catching up to the current Generation. They release a new batch of the next Generation of Pokemon each October, and the mainstream games typically come out 1x every 3 years for each new generation. (I.e. First set of games for the current gen, second set of games for the generation/third version, then a remake).

So by the time Generation 8 is released this year, Pokemon Go will be Gen 5, and by the time Generation 9 is released we will be up to Gen 8 in Pokemon Go.

I believe they are using Pokémon Go to be a storage game to allow access to all Pokémon, and they can use that as a resource to transfer Pokémon from different Generations to whatever the current console generation game we are currently on.
Rather than having to create new games to repurpose old games that housed currently unavailable Pokémon, they can just release software updates on PokemonGo and use that as their go-to option.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wouldn't be surprised if all the Pokemon in Let's Go are in the Galar Pokedex. Sword & Shield are built on top of Let's Go framework so it technically has all the Kanto mons, Alolan variants, and Meltan family ready to go. Which, if true, would also at least mean Pokemon that are prevos and evos of Gen I mon will also be in the Galar dex.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I wouldn't be surprised if all the Pokemon in Let's Go are in the Galar Pokedex. Sword & Shield are built on top of Let's Go framework so it technically has all the Kanto mons, Alolan variants, and Meltan family ready to go. Which, if true, would also at least mean Pokemon that are prevos and evos of Gen I mon will also be in the Galar dex.
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Totally, if anything, I feel that will be even more true bc Pokemon from Gen 1 are fan favorites, like Gengar. In either case, there is a list of Pokémon so far spotted in the game’s regional Dex.

I don’t see much of Gen 4, which seems to me like an indictation that Gen 4 Remakes will house them, which I believe would be smart. Selecting Gens 1-3 since they each already had a remake and won’t be redone again, and let Gen 4 remakes fit more of Gen 4-6. 7 could be up in the air since it would make sense to continue letting trades occur for the most recent generation.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Totally, if anything, I feel that will be even more true bc Pokemon from Gen 1 are fan favorites, like Gengar. In either case, there is a list of Pokémon so far spotted in the game’s regional Dex.

I don’t see much of Gen 4, which seems to me like an indictation that Gen 4 Remakes will house them, which I believe would be smart. Selecting Gens 1-3 since they each already had a remake and won’t be redone again, and let Gen 4 remakes fit more of Gen 4-6. 7 could be up in the air since it would make sense to continue letting trades occur for the most recent generation.
I agree. My thoughts:

Sword & Shield:
* All Pokemon from Let's Go and evolutionary families related to those Pokemon.
* Smatterings of Gen 2, 3, 5, & 6 (for 6 I'd say include most if not all com mons).
* All com mons from Gen 7. No Legendaries nor Ultra Beasts.
* Little of Gen 4.

Diamond & Pearl Remakes:
* All the Pokemon that were in the Galar Dex (even if not in the regional dex, bring back an extended dex if the dex is going to be used to determine what Pokemon will only be in the game)
* All of Gen 4.
* Smatterings of Gen 2, 3, 5, & 6 (if some Gen 6 mons are left I'd say include the rest).
* Include a majority of Legendaries for a Legendary Hunt, including Ultra Beasts.

Advanced Sword & Shield:
* It should have a National Dex containing all Pokemon.
* The regional dex should be extended to have whatever Pokemon that are left from Gen 2, 3, 5, and 6 that wasn't in the other two titles.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
This thread is for PLG discussion, not SwSh.
Okay.

While we did transition to Sw-Sh, I can say that to return to the topic of this thread, I think LGPE will have a huge role as Nintendo Home comes out, as it will serve as the main way to transfer Kanto and Alolan Pokemon, and Melmetal’s line.

While Pokémon Go can also transfer Pokémon to Nintendo Home, LGPE will allow Pokémon to have 4 moves, something Go, cannot (3 Max), giving LGPE a long-term niche for transferring good Pokémon.

Plus, it is so far the only Switch game to keep Mega forms, which means there is hope Megas will make a return since Switch has the data, on at least some of the Mega models.

Yeah, but it doesn't actually assign the ability, just maintains a list of the possible abilities (i.e. Melmetal with only Iron Fist and no HA).
Actually it DOES assign abilities to the Pokemon, and it can be either of their non-Hidden ones.

In case this is still relevant, the Let's Go demo is Viridian Forest only. The Pewter Gym thing was when people were invited to play the full game up to the first Gym.

I believe they are using Pokémon Go to be a storage game to allow access to all Pokémon, and they can use that as a resource to transfer Pokémon from different Generations to whatever the current console generation game we are currently on.
Rather than having to create new games to repurpose old games that housed currently unavailable Pokémon, they can just release software updates on PokemonGo and use that as their go-to option.
Transferring out of Go is one-way, whether to Let's Go or anywhere else. They're using Home (conveniently, a paid subscription) for this, not Go. (Allowing transfers back into Go would be a data formatting logistics nightmare for Niantic.)

At risk of veering off-topic again, not necessarily. Like HGSS's regional dex showed, you can split up evolutionary lines by excluding certain items and locations from the game. (It would be even stupider than the already stupid GF decision, but it could happen.)

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
In case this is still relevant, the Let's Go demo is Viridian Forest only. The Pewter Gym thing was when people were invited to play the full game up to the first Gym.

Transferring out of Go is one-way, whether to Let's Go or anywhere else. They're using Home (conveniently, a paid subscription) for this, not Go. (Allowing transfers back into Go would be a data formatting logistics nightmare for Niantic.)

At risk of veering off-topic again, not necessarily. Like HGSS's regional dex showed, you can split up evolutionary lines by excluding certain items and locations from the game. (It would be even stupider than the already stupid GF decision, but it could happen.)
I think you may have misinterpreted my stance.
I don’t think they will have trade back features, as even from Go to Go it doesn’t allow tradebacks.

I just meant that this could allow people who did not play Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, or Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee a way of attaining more Pokemon not offered in the Gen 8 and onwards games.

I didn’t mean a bank storage of depositing, I meant a place to store what you catch in Pokémon Go and then transfer to the current console game and play what you withdrew from Go.

I didn’t mean a bank storage of depositing, I meant a place to store what you catch in Pokémon Go and then transfer to the current console game and play what you withdrew from Go.
That's a function Go is going to have either ways. Though, we still know nil of how abilities (and Natures for those not coming from Let's Go) will be rolled once Go Pokemon are moved to Home.

That's a function Go is going to have either ways. Though, we still know nil of how abilities (and Natures for those not coming from Let's Go) will be rolled once Go Pokemon are moved to Home.
It would be safe to assume they are going to roll the same way they are rolled when transferred to Let's Go. But this is Game Freak so who knows?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
While they could do that, not only would it be stupid as you said but it's also easy choices to add to the Dex. Coming up with an entire dex, especially one that they have to focus on making good due to them not allowing non-regional dex Pokemon, would be very taxing and there's a lot of factors to take into account: competitive use, popularity, placement in the main game, how does it stack up to another similar Typed Pokemon, etc.. Just having an easy "these Pokemon are included because they're evolution family is in the game" is an easy thing to do and also gives them a base to start with.

So the Pokemon they would include if they do this would be: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Crobat, Bellossom, Politoed, Slowking, Magnezone, Steelix, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Happiny, Blissey, Tangrowth, Kingdra, Mime Jr., Scizor, Smoochum, Elekid, Electivire, Magby, Magmortar, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Sylveon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, & Munchlax.

The Baby Pokemon would make for good early route fodder (and in the Wild they could re-create maybe a nesting area if it's dynamic enough) while the evolutions aren't a bad selection, a mix of popular and competitive.

BUT NOW, to sort of get back on semi-topic, are there any mechanics or features of Let's Go you think they may bring to future games? Or at least you would like them to bring to future games?

For those who played the game (or at least watched a playthrough), how about you help answer a question of a cancelled JAPE article: what did you think of Let's Go? Or maybe to get more specific, how do they compare to the original games and the Gen III remakes? Was there changes you liked? Didn't like? Changes and additions that surprised you? Disappointed you?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Exactly. My point was based on how it looks, and it could also be a sign they may not do Gen 4 onwards remakes bc they can just tell people to play PoGo to catch those Pokémon.

And let’s be honest, if you can only catch a Pokémon 1x in the main series games (like Mewtwo in Let’s Go), but can catch it dozens of times, (like Mewtwo/Raid boss of the moment), in Pokémon Go, less people will buy Diamond and Pearl remakes, bc they can just get countless of them from a free mobile app.

Overall, I think Gen8 will prove the end of an era that concluded with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. It will show that from now on, this is how things are.
Let’s Go didn’t secure that bc some people don’t even count it as a main series game, and in many ways it kind of wasn’t.

Gen 8 feels like a “this will determine how we will go. If Gen 8 flops, we will change for Gen 9, but if not, we will establish this as a permanent pattern until the next console is released.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)