Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two possble ideas. I can agree with you and see Xerneas has high HP, Def, and Sp Def while Yveltal is high Atk, SpAtk and Spd. Or, Xerneas will have increase Sp Def and Sp Atk while Yveltal has increase Atk and Def.
This is what I expected in the very beginning. But Oblivion Wing seems to be a Special Attack and Geomancy a Physical Attack. So Xerneas probably has average Speed and Attack, but good Defenses. Yveltal will have good Speed and Special Attack (Flying types have high Speed more often that not). Then again, both of them may be Mixed Attackers with good Speed.

Oblivion Wing is the key here. It's a Signature Move, so it's promised to have at least 80BP. And it's a healing move. Along with STAB and Dark Aura boost (Doesn't seem much like a Flying Type move), it has the potential to be OP.

There seems to be more info out there about Oblivion Wing than Geomancy, so I was trying to think of what that move could possibly do (most legendaries' signature moves aren't strictly damage dealers). Since the word itself has to do with geographical features, what if Geomancy increased in power based on the number of entry hazards layers on the field? That would fit with Xerneas' look as a more defensive/support Pokemon and create an interesting scenario for both players and opponents, who'd have to decide if spike stacking is worth the risk of powering up Xerneas, and vice versa.

I
There seems to be more info out there about Oblivion Wing than Geomancy, so I was trying to think of what that move could possibly do (most legendaries' signature moves aren't strictly damage dealers). Since the word itself has to do with geographical features, what if Geomancy increased in power based on the number of entry hazards layers on the field? That would fit with Xerneas' look as a more defensive/support Pokemon and create an interesting scenario for both players and opponents, who'd have to decide if spike stacking is worth the risk of powering up Xerneas, and vice versa.
I doubt game freak would make a move that increases in power based off of entry hazards. Geomancy (if anything) most likely has to to do with the actual terrain like Nature Power or it'll probably be a Seed Flare clone, ya'know 30% chance of reducing special defense, defense or who knows maybe both etc

Oblivion Wing is the key here. It's a Signature Move, so it's promised to have at least 80BP. And it's a healing move. Along with STAB and Dark Aura boost (Doesn't seem much like a Flying Type move), it has the potential to be OP.
Glaciate is a signature move at 65BP...
So if it IS a healing move and it gets STAB and Dark Aura boost, wouldn't 80BP be a little overkill?

Glaciate is a signature move at 65BP...
So if it IS a healing move and it gets STAB and Dark Aura boost, wouldn't 80BP be a little overkill?
Glaciate hits all the opponents. That's why it has low BP. I'm thinking more like Freeze Shock and Ice Burn. EVen if Oblivion Wing had 65BP, it'd still be overkill (STAB + Dark Aura + Big Root).

Okay. So something was going on with Fairy Wind there. Either it was critical against Chespin, it was resisted, super effective, or some other thing.

damn. guess not now that i look at it. i think i was thrown off by how fast the animations are.

Last edited:
Okay. So something was going on with Fairy Wind there. Either it was critical against Chespin, it was resisted, super effective, or some other thing.

damn. guess not now that i look at it. i think i was thrown off by how fast the animations are.
It's neutral, the text said Chespin used Rollout afterwards and there was no It's Super Effective or Not Very Effective Text before...meh
I WISH THAT SOMEONE HAD A DRAGON MOVE!!!!

and September is going to be the LAST month for leaked NEW info for X/Y...maaaaan...it's been a GOOD run Orange Islands January 8th all the way to now...WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY :p

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was a fun read, at the least. I was a little disappointed at the lack of Mega Evolution descriptions though.
Mega evos don't count as "pokemon" so they won't be in the pokedex.

Last edited by a moderator:
just realized that the wifi event Torchic has a different OT and ID. Which pisses me off. That means it won't obey until you have a couple badges, you can't nickname it, and as we already discussed its IVs aren't even that great. Now I'm wondering when we can trade in the game, because I'm keeping the Blazikenite and trading for a Torchic egg ASAP

just realized that the wifi event Torchic has a different OT and ID. Which pisses me off. That means it won't obey until you have a couple badges, you can't nickname it, and as we already discussed its IVs aren't even that great. Now I'm wondering when we can trade in the game, because I'm keeping the Blazikenite and trading for a Torchic egg ASAP
I may have missed something, but I don't think we've seen Torchic's OT & ID or know enough to compare that to anything? (& I don't think anything implies the IVs are set in stone???)

But I think you'll be waiting a while if you really want to hold out on it until you get an egg since who knows where the daycare is or if there's a ditto anywhere

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
I may have missed something, but I don't think we've seen Torchic's OT & ID or know enough to compare that to anything? (& I don't think anything implies the IVs are set in stone???)

But I think you'll be waiting a while if you really want to hold out on it until you get an egg since who knows where the daycare is or if there's a ditto anywhere
The OT and ID have actually been released. I'm not sure about the IVs though.

OT: XY
ID: 10123

^Because that wouldn't make the Torchic special in any way. Event Pokémon are, among other things, for show. They're meant to signify that you got this from an official event. Plus, the EXP. boost will be nice.
No, it's already in a Cherish ball and is holding a Blazikenite which isn't found normally, seems special to me. And I wanted to nickname it. And they whole disobeying early-game Pokemon thing. How many badges must you have before Pokemon start listening to you again?

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
What are Xerneas and Ylvetal's abilities and typings? Also, have their base stats been revealed?
Yeah man that got released a long while back. Xerneas is Fairy and Yveltal is Dark/Flying. They have new abilities that I can't remember. The base stats haven't been revealed. Check out the official site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)