Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's already in a Cherish ball and is holding a Blazikenite which isn't found normally, seems special to me. And I wanted to nickname it. And they whole disobeying early-game Pokemon thing. How many badges must you have before Pokemon start listening to you again?
The point being Torchic itself wouldn't be special, only its held item (which could be given to any other Torchic). You could easily breed one yourself if you want your own OT and ID (the location and Cherish Ball aren't very cool anyway imo). Another thing, the disobeying mechanic rarely becomes an issue. I've honestly only encountered it once when I soloed Emerald with a Torchic from Sapphire. Other than insanely unbalanced teams, it shouldn't rear its head.

The point being Torchic itself wouldn't be special, only its held item (which could be given to any other Torchic). You could easily breed one yourself if you want your own OT and ID (the location and Cherish Ball aren't very cool anyway imo). Another thing, the disobeying mechanic rarely becomes an issue. I've honestly only encountered it once when I soloed Emerald with a Torchic from Sapphire. Other than insanely unbalanced teams, it shouldn't rear its head.
And again, the moment you get your first badge it pretty much becomes a non-issue.

Also it has Speed Boost. That's pretty special, I think

Also it has Speed Boost. That's pretty special, I think
And this would be the problem if they happen to all be males. Even if there is a Ditto available, you're not going to be able to pass Speed Boost to an egg.

Last edited by a moderator:
It shouldn't really be unexpected. AFAIK wifi events from the Delivery Man always have a pre-set OT and ID. But again this brings up the question of whether or not ALL MegaBlazikens have Speed Boost, or only if your Blaziken has it. If it's the former, then you should be able to breed your own and nickname it, without worrying about the ability. Assuming of course you can catch Ditto.

It shouldn't really be unexpected. AFAIK wifi events from the Delivery Man always have a pre-set OT and ID. But again this brings up the question of whether or not ALL MegaBlazikens have Speed Boost, or only if your Blaziken has it. If it's the former, then you should be able to breed your own and nickname it, without worrying about the ability. Assuming of course you can catch Ditto.
All Mega Blaziken have speedboost

but i he might like to use speed boost with torchic and comusken and blaizken for the time period where it can't go mega

To my understanding, who cares about the event. The only thing is really for the Blazikenite. Im just gonna RNG some other Torchic and use that. I may be wrong but I believe Mega Blaziken has SB anyway. Therefore, idc about the Torchic since Mega Blaziken has it anyway. The only thing I want is the Blazikenite.

Hoping the day care's early in the game then, because I'm just going to breed me a Torchic and nickname it and that will be that. And if transferring is possible, I'll use parents in my Black 2 game and my friend's Y game and give that baby Torchic speed boost and maybe an egg move or two

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm really hoping that we will be able to trade through games if you download a version and have a cartridge. I doubt it but I can dream..

I'm really hoping that we will be able to trade through games if you download a version and have a cartridge. I doubt it but I can dream..
I hope so too, but I think someone said no to that in a press conference.

Speaking of, when do we think trading will be possible in XY? After the Pokedex like in Gen IV or after the 1st gym badge like in Gen V?

You can't even trade between download versions, why would you be able to do so between cart & download

e: On the same system, obviously

Last edited:

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope so too, but I think someone said no to that in a press conference.

Speaking of, when do we think trading will be possible in XY? After the Pokedex like in Gen IV or after the 1st gym badge like in Gen V?
I thought both were after first badge. I think it will be as soon as we get the PSS.

You can't even trade between download versions, why would you be able to do so between cart & download

e: On the same system, obviously
And that sucks.. :(

Looks like Pikachu has two cries: "PIKA" and "Pika Pika". Also, Gender Differences are more apparent. In the video, you can spot a female Pikachu with different construct from that of a Male on we saw a lot earlier (Sylveon traded for a Pikachu).

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You are aware that every single game in this series has had trading enabled upon receiving the Pokedex, right?
You were not able to trade in 5th gen until you received the C-Gear/Pal Pad which required beating the first gym, receiving HM01, and rescuing Musharna.

The Wonder Trade feature is really pointless IMO. If you trade ten Magikarps you will likely get ten Magikarps back. On the other hand, there might be some odd people who trade you rare Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)