Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh I don't think the Exeggutor being grass/fairy has been disproven. Doesn't seem likely but it's not impossible.
We know that Fairy does normal damage to Grass. If Exeggutor is Grass/Psychic and Fairy Wind does normal damage to it, we can conclude that Fairy does normal damage to Psychic.

We know that Psychic does normal damage to Fairy. We know that Psybeam is NVE on Exeggutor. We know that Psychic is NVE on Psychic.

By deductive reasoning, we conclude based on the above that Exeggutor has not been retyped to Grass/Fairy, Exeggutor is still Grass/Psychic and Psychic does not resist Fairy.

Ice types have always sucked, though

And it doesn't really make sense to nerf a type just because it has an advantage on another in the first place...????
But it's the "Dragon" type. GF has always tried to buff it. Even when revealing Fairies, they mentioned that Fairy type is SE against the "powerful" Dragons. And in the games, without a question, Dragon type gym leaders are always shown as being more efficient or wise than their peers.

I don't see any type chart changes being added in besides Fairy type's weaknesses/resistances/defenses. The rest of the game's core mechanics are so set-in-stone at this point, and part of the reason that edits were made to the type chart in Gen II is because they ironically came up with new matchups in the anime that they had to implement into the games, because CONTINUITY (did you know that Psychic types were originally immune to Ghost types?)

But it's the "Dragon" type. GF has always tried to buff it. Even when revealing Fairies, they mentioned that Fairy type is SE against the "powerful" Dragons. And in the games, without a question, Dragon type gym leaders are always shown as being more efficient or wise than their peers.
Notable Dragon trainers are always either the eighth gym leader or an Elite Four member. They used to love making Dragon types exclusive creatures that only advanced trainers could bring out the best in.

For ingame, I'd bet that reason is because of the late game appearance of catchable dragons. Plus, if dragon is nerfed, we could finally feasibly achieve a dragon type starter.

Back to XY I would like to start a possible discussion of the Gyms and Elite 4. Thus far we know:
First gym is Bug
Clemont looks like an electric or Steel type gym
Grant is into sports, possibly fighting or Rock
Korrina likes rollerblading and looks like a fighting gym.

I'm hoping for:
1 - Bug
2 - Fairy (why not introduce it early?)
3 - Steel
4 - Rock
5 - Fighting
6 - Water
7 - Flying
8 - Dark

With the Elite 4 being:
1 - Normal
2 - Psychic
3 - Grass
4 - Dragon
Champion having more than 1 type

With Team Flare looking like being Fire based, having a fire gym would feel like over-kill
I can't see Grant not being a rock-type gym leader with a name like that (Grant=Granite).
Also, this is my first post in roughly 6 years. Time to get back into the competitive Pokemon scene for the new gen!

I can't see Grant not being a rock-type gym leader with a name like that (Grant=Granite).
Also, this is my first post in roughly 6 years. Time to get back into the competitive Pokemon scene for the new gen!
Well in BW2 there is a gym leader named Roxie who played in a Rock band who used Poison type Pokemon.

Lets try to summarize the Fairy type chart. First we have what we know, mostly based on the demo (italian video + post on serebii).

Fairy is super effective against:
- Dragon

Fairy does neutral damage to:
- Grass
- Psychic
- Water
- Normal
- Fairy

Fairy is not very effective against:
- Fire

Fairy resists:
- Not available (NA)

Fairy is hit super effective by:
- NA

Fairy takes neutral damage from:
- Fairy
- Normal
- Fire
- Water
- Grass
- Electric
- Ground

Other potential relations, based on Pokemon Smash skit and Pokebeach rumour:

- Poison is super effective against Fairy (from Pokebeach and Pokemon Smash)
- Fairy is super effective on Ice (from Pokemon Smash)
- Steel is super effective on Fairy (from Pokebeach)
- Fairy is immune to Dragon (from Pokebeach)
- Fairy is super effective on Fighting (from Pokebeach)
- Fairy is super effective on Dark (from Pokebeach)

Have I forgotten anything?

Lets try to summarize the Fairy type chart. First we have what we know, mostly based on the demo (italian video + post on serebii).

Fairy is super effective against:
- Dragon

Fairy does neutral damage to:
- Grass
- Psychic
- Water
- Normal
- Fairy

Fairy is not very effective against:
- Fire

Fairy resists:
- Not available (NA)

Fairy is hit super effective by:
- NA

Fairy takes neutral damage from:
- Fairy
- Normal
- Fire
- Water
- Grass
- Electric
- Ground

Other potential relations, based on Pokemon Smash skit and Pokebeach rumour:

- Poison is super effective against Fairy (from Pokebeach and Pokemon Smash)
- Fairy is super effective on Ice (from Pokemon Smash)
- Steel is super effective on Fairy (from Pokebeach)

- Fairy is immune to Dragon (from Pokebeach
- Fairy is super effective on Fighting (from Pokebeach)
- Fairy is super effective on Dark (from Pokebeach)

Have I forgotten anything?
Good, poison needs a buff! But the other two... Ice does not need any more weaknesses and steel is bad already so it does not need another super effective thing to have. This will throw everything out of balance as steel will become nearly uNstoppable

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Please note, this thread will be policed more heavily than the last. You are expected to put thought into your posts or they will be deleted.

This thread is for discussing CONFIRMED aspects of the game. Join #orangeislands on IRC for speculation.
Lalala, the moderators might have to start handing out infractions if discussion keeps wandering off to subjects completely unrelated to XY. :[

Serebii updated and it states that Pokemon Amie boosts:
1. Critical Hits
2. Evasion
3. Chance to heal from Paralysis
4. Chance to survive with 1 HP
I predicted critical hits when I first saw Amie. This will offer a new dynamic to battles which I'm all for as long as it's not abused.
The more I hear on Gen 6 the more I like.

I quite like that there will be no AR or RNG for Gen 6 at the time of release.
Hopefully it will boost the trading aspect and because of imperfect IV's in Gen 6 make the VGC/Competitive battles a little more unpredictable (Just a little)

Is it me or with those battle effects Gamefreak wants the game to be closer to the anime in terms of they evading attacks and surviving certain impossible hits like they do in the anime

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is it me or with those battle effects Gamefreak wants the game to be closer to the anime in terms of they evading attacks and surviving certain impossible hits like they do in the anime
I don't think Game Freak really cares about the anime (expect with Yellow, because $$$).

Nintendo has also announced that demoes of Pokémon X & Pokémon Y will be available across the US in the Nintendo Experience Tour. These demoes will be identical to those in the Pokémon Game Show and Gamescom recently. The locations are
Detroit - Briarwood Mall | Macy’s Corridor - August 31st/September 1st
Indianapolis - Castleton Square | Center Court - September 8th/9th
Chicago Orland Square | Upper Caron's Court - September 14th
Chicago - Woodfield Mall | Grand Court - September 15th
Milwaukee - Southridge Mall | Center Court - September 21st/22nd
Minnesota - Southdale Center | Center Court - September 25th
Kansas City - Independence Center | Lower Level Dilliard's Court - September 28th/29th
Tulsa - Woodland Hills Mall | Dilliard's Court - October 2nd
Dallas - Grapevine Mills | Entry 2 - October 5th/6th
Houston - Houston Galleria | Galleria IV in front of Adidas - October 12th/13th
Denver - Colorado Mills | Food Court - October 16th
Tempe - Arizona Mills | Food Court or Saks Court - October 19th/20th
San Francisco - Great Mall | Grand Court - October 26th
San Francisco - Stroneridge Shopping Center | Grand Court - October 27th
Los Angeles - Brea Mall | Lower Level Center Court - November 2nd
Los Angeles Del Amo Fashion Center | Lower Level JoAnn's Court November 3rd
From Serebii. Sad that NYC isn't on there, but still, that is awesome!

Eh, at this point we already know everything there is to know about the demos.

My real question is why hasn't Gamefreak even acknowledged the existence of Orot? They went ahead and actually revealed new pokemon in the DP demo, but nothing this time around. Hopefully it'll be present in next month's Corocoro.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
When exactly is next month's Coro? And don't say "next month", I mean SPECIFICALLY when next month?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
When exactly is next month's Coro? And don't say "next month", I mean SPECIFICALLY when next month?
It releases the 15th, but we got a leak the 8th this month, which is I think is the earliest we've ever gotten one, so anywhere between the 8th and the 15th it will leak.

think we'll get the Auto-Level 100 in WiFi battles like in Gen IV? That was so fucking perfect. I dunno why they took it away in V.

think we'll get the Auto-Level 100 in WiFi battles like in Gen IV? That was so fucking perfect. I dunno why they took it away in V.
I remember them talking about wifi battles during the E3 round table and they pretty much said that "nothing has changed" so it almost seems like it's not making a return.

I remember them talking about wifi battles during the E3 round table and they pretty much said that "nothing has changed" so it almost seems like it's not making a return.
Aww. :/ another gen of battle simulators, then. I wonder what reason they had for taking them out in the first place.

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet:

This is a double battle shown in an XY preview. 3 things I want to point out are:

1. The move Topsy-Turvy seems to be a stronger version of Contrary. Malimar used it on its teammate Noivern after it had used Draco Meteor (animation looks awesome, btw) and it ended up with a +2 in its Sp.Atk instead of the -2 drop.

2. Politoed has Drizzle--which means that either the Dream World will still exist or that it will be possible to transfer Pokemon from older games into XY.

3. The battle ended with a 1v1 match between Politeod and Sylveon. Sylveon took 2 Life Orb boosted, rain boosted, STAB Hydro Pumps, one of which was a CRITICAL HIT, from Poli and still had about 50% health before taking Politoed down with Moonblast. Now I know that Poli doesn't have the best Sp.Atk stat but taking 2 LO Hydro Pumps in the rain with one being a crit from anything has to be a 3HKO just about any Pokemon and Sylveon could have taken maybe 2 more hits before going down.

TL;DR - Sylveon has a base 200 Sp.Def #SylveonForUbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)