Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most likely reason as to why Game Freak didn't make Ampharos an Electric / Dragon type in the first place is that the Mareep line was found rather early in-game, and Dragon was always considered a late-game type by Game Freak as a balancing factor. However, this is apparently not the case in XY, as the introduction of the Fairy-type means that Dragon-types can come along a bit earlier now that they are more balanced in comparison to the past generations, as seen in a screenshot depicting a horde battle against wild Axews that are around level five, and the fact that the newest Fossil Pokemon is a Dragon-type, meaning that Game Freak can now use their new method of Mega Evolution to finally retype Ampharos to fit its concept/Japanese name, and because the Mega Stones or whatever are hidden, they don't have to worry about someone obtaining such a powerful type early enough to trivialize parts of the game or whatever their concern was.

Actually, on the topic of retyping, didn't Game Freak release a statement on Twitter saying "What do Xerneas, Sylveon, and Clefairy have in common", and yet they haven't even acknowledged Clefairy's existence this generation? I find that amusing.
I don't think they ever did that. That sort of thing usually isn't done on the twitters.
You might be thinking of Hiro or something?

e: The fact they didn't even try to use Clefairy as a marketing tool is pretty funny though

On another note, am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that Jigglypuff and Marill were confirmed to be fairies but not a word has been said about their evos?
I'm guessing that they'll match up with their pre-evos and gain Fairy typing. I wonder if/when they'll reveal more retyped Pokemon. I'm really hoping for an either pure Fairy-Type or Normal/Fairy Clefairy likewise with Snubbull and Granbull.

I'm guessing that they'll match up with their pre-evos and gain Fairy typing. I wonder if/when they'll reveal more retyped Pokemon. I'm really hoping for an either pure Fairy-Type or Normal/Fairy Clefairy likewise with Snubbull and Granbull.
At this point Mawile's probably our last direct reveal until the games come out, barring incidental screens. If something is shown between now and the release, it will probably be a Mega Evolution of a popular Pokemon (See: Kanto starters) or just straight up new Pokemon.

At this point Mawile's probably our last direct reveal until the games come out, barring incidental screens. If something is shown between now and the release, it will probably be a Mega Evolution of a popular Pokemon (See: Kanto starters) or just straight up new Pokemon.
Yeah at this point we pretty much have all the reveals we are getting. I'm pretty excited though.

Are there any mechanics changed in 5 that you all think they might reinstate? For example the sleep mechanic change or explosion nerf?

Yeah at this point we pretty much have all the reveals we are getting. I'm pretty excited though.

Are there any mechanics changed in 5 that you all think they might reinstate? For example the sleep mechanic change or explosion nerf?
Mechanics tend to stay once they're introduced

Finding out that Garchomp has a lower speed stat for a higher attack and special attack stat makes me think that normal Garchomp still might out-class it, esp. with losing its item.

Since a MegaEvo is supposed to be a massively OP version of the original mon, that lowered speed will probably be worth the boost in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)