Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm it's best attribute THIS GEN. With the increase in fire types Think fat+ a defensive. And spdef bonus will be extremely welcomed. It's shifting gears back to a wall/tank like I'm gen 4 and it will ba able to do its job even better considering grass status moves and poison status no longer effect it. In fact mega venusaur will most likely beat mega blaze one v one
Mega Venusaur takes neutral damage from Fire and resists its fighting STAB. If it can take a hit or two Venusaur can OHKO back with Earthquake.

And I agree with the above post.
XY's post game sounds kind of barren. What is there to do besides explore and collect what's left of the Mega Stones and TM's and catch the legendaries?

I want a Battle Subway!

What would you guys prefer? More end game content or more content spread around the game at all stages.
Both? :toast:

Failing that utopian ideal, probably more spread-out content. One of my biggest gripes with (the majority of) MMOs (I've played) is that most of the substantive content seems to be packed into the end, leaving the level up process a chore.

3 legendaries to catch after the stories over is a pretty poor excuse for a post game. Besides, we havn't found all the mega stones, which means there are some hidden areas.

To be honest, until someone posts a picture of the National Dex with no Kalos 'mon missing, we've still got new Pokemon to come. R_N; what are you basing your assumption that there's nothing left on? If there is nothing left, it makes it the first game since Red/Blue/Yellow to have next to no post game.
5 legendaries to catch after the story is over
Zygarde (in a post-game exclusive area)
Mewtwo (in a different cave)
Three legendary birds (roaming)

Also there are no spaces missing. 650 is Chespin. 718 is Zygarde, the final pokemon in the dex. That is 69 pokemon. All of which are accounted for in the Kalos dex.

Both? :toast:

Failing that utopian ideal, probably more spread-out content. One of my biggest gripes with (the majority of) MMOs (I've played) is that most of the substantive content seems to be packed into the end, leaving the level up process a chore.
I kind of find most MMO's end games to be just as much of a chore. Let's face it, they were popular once, but the newer generations don't have the patience to grind for anything anymore. Which is why MOBA's are very popular right now, you just jump into fights and pummel random people over the internet.

Anyways back on topic:

I was hoping for at least a few other roaming pokes like Lati@s.
And weren't there statues of Reshiram in the Kalos region? Why have statues of a pokemon that doesn't live there?
That doesn't make any sense!!!

Also there are no spaces missing. 650 is Chespin. 718 is Zygarde, the final pokemon in the dex. That is 69 pokemon. All of which are accounted for in the Kalos dex.
I haven't seen any confirmation of the legendary birds. No pictures of them, just the leaks saying that they exist...and even then, only one has been reported on. Unless i've missed pictures, the only ones confirmed are Zygarde and Mewtwo. Even if Zapdos is there, nothing says that Moltres and Articuno are.

There equally doesn't look to be a picture of the 'dex with no spaces.

I'm really expecting there to be two legendaries (perhaps an event legendary and a Mew / Celebi / etc type) after Zygarde, bringing the Dex to 720. I can't stand having the numbers stop not on a multiple of 5. Maybe it's borderline OCD. Still, I think its safe to assume there is at least one more we don't know about.

I kind of find most MMO's end games to be just as much of a chore. Let's face it, they were popular once, but the newer generations don't have the patience to grind for anything anymore. Which is why MOBA's are very popular right now, you just jump into fights and pummel random people over the internet.
Speaking of this, I wonder if Pokemon might adopt something similar. I would doubt that the leakers have had much experience with the online functions as of yet, do to the sheer lack of people who own a Kalos game. Maybe there could be some sort of renting facility [like the one in the Pt/HG/SS Battle Frontier] that can be taken online to battle with, thus eliminating the need to raise your own Pokemon? I remember that this facility was my favourite, personally, if only because I didn't have to worry about breeding/raising/catching new Pokemon [especially those unavailable or exceptionally rare], and trying out new Pokemon proved very interesting.

I'unno. It's a possibility. Especially if some sort of Battle Facility is confirmed.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just a friendly reminder that this isn't the place to host a competitive discussion. Please stay on topic.

I'm really expecting there to be two legendaries (perhaps an event legendary and a Mew / Celebi / etc type) after Zygarde, bringing the Dex to 720. I can't stand having the numbers stop not on a multiple of 5. Maybe it's borderline OCD. Still, I think its safe to assume there is at least one more we don't know about.
Man, you really must have had a rough time the last 15 years... what with 151, 251, 386, 493, and then 649. Here's hoping they give you a break.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Remember that R/S had very little postgame too. In general, there was more to do postgame in Emerald and B2W2 than in R/S and B/W. This seems to be an intentional strategy. Let the people play the first two games of a generation, and enjoy them for a while. Post-game, however, is kept relatively lacking. Then, the third game/pair is announced, with tons more stuff to do. Compared to the first two games, this game feels a lot more complete, and marks the "epitome" of the generation. Despite being practically the same game as the previous two, the third game/pair sells very well, and is a lot better than its predecessors. With a rich postgame, it will keep the fans happy and Pokémon-loving all the way into the next generation, when you can repeat the cycle. Unless you screw up badly, it's a money-making machine.

EDIT:
Is anyone keeping like a tally or a collection of all the Pokemon leaked/revealed so far?
This thread is a veritable catalogue of all new Pokémon, moves and Mega Evolutions we know about. Everybody, please use it before asking here.

Honestly I didn't find Pokemon White to have a lacking post game...maybe that's because i'm easy to distract.
But I spent most of my time exploring and finding items, catching rares and legendaries, diving for treasure in the underwater ruins. But mostly I enjoyed battling in the Subway.
IF XY has at least that i'll be happy.

BTW, I may be mistaking here but I read somewhere in this thread that the leaker found Mega stones for Heracross, Galvantula. Was that true or just a fake rumor?

Remember that R/S had very little postgame too. In general, there was more to do postgame in Emerald and B2W2 than in R/S and B/W. This seems to be an intentional strategy. Let the people play the first two games of a generation, and enjoy them for a while. Post-game, however, is kept relatively lacking. Then, the third game/pair is announced, with tons more stuff to do. Compared to the first two games, this game feels a lot more complete, and marks the "epitome" of the generation. Despite being practically the same game as the previous two, the third game/pair sells very well, and is a lot better than its predecessors. With a rich postgame, it will keep the fans happy and Pokémon-loving all the way into the next generation, when you can repeat the cycle. Unless you screw up badly, it's a money-making machine.
The only problem with that is that R/S had spaces in the Pokedex for Rayquaza, and even then they had the Regi quest. It's suggested that this game has no spaces, so unless they pull a Victini and make the space only there if you have the Pokemon, then there's not much Z could add for extra content.

I actually have high hopes for some extra areas/quests coming in via DLC. If there's ANY franchise where extra content would make money, it's pokemon.

The postgame is as long as you want it to be, if your gonna fill the entire pokedex.

They specifically said no DLC/balance patches though after release. So the most we can hope for is unlock codes for stuff already on the disc.
They only said that in regards to balance patches, nothing about DLC.

The only problem with that is that R/S had spaces in the Pokedex for Rayquaza, and even then they had the Regi quest. It's suggested that this game has no spaces, so unless they pull a Victini and make the space only there if you have the Pokemon, then there's not much Z could add for extra content.
you could do the regi quest before defeating the E4, and rayquaza's role in RS is similar to zygarde's in XY (plus you can capture mewtwo here). likewise, where RS had latias and latios, XY has the three birds, where RS has beldum, XY has your rival's starter, and where RS had the battle tower, XY has ...the battle tower. XY's postgame looks poor, but at least it's no poorer than RS's (not that that's a lot of relief). if it's anything like emerald, you can look forward to the third(/fourth) version's postgame, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)