Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with Steel getting its nerf because it means Weavile gets to whack Scisor with something a bit stronger than low kick on the switch.

I doubt t-tar is getting a mega abomasnow got one but I doubt all or even half the weather setters are. Abomasnow needed that shit to be truly viable in the OU environment I can only imagine how dumb t-tar would be with a mega
Lets not forget that TTar is also weak to Fairy now.

Thing is though, are you going to use your mega stone on Abomasnow, or set up hail with a regular abomasnow and then mega whatever champion Pokemon can make use of the hail?

If those Yveltal stats are for a freshly caught, 0 EVs, ~31 IVs Yveltal then I think its stats are looking like 130/130/80/130/80/100. That's a BST of 650, so a few stats are probably a bit higher. I really hope it gets 100+ Speed, though.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Aegisblade looks pretty exciting for me for two reasons, firstly because it seems to have two formes to work with that may or may not play different roles (i wonder how you activate them, is it through a move or ability that we already know about?). It also means Eviolite Doublade, which i think will definitely be pretty solid, especially with whats already been estimated/revealed about its base stats and movepool, not to mention the Ghost-type buff. I just hope they get some solid physical STAB moves to work with, Shadow Sneak is great for the priority but pretty weak without something like a Ghost-type crunch or say Iron Head to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, as far as we know, it doesn't exist. It doesn't even make sense for there to be a Z legendary, if you think about it. Xerneas represents life and Yveltal represents death and destruction; what could a counterpart to those possibly be?
We don't know whether it exist, but it sure would make sense to have one.

Correct fact, correct reason: In the interview, they said X Y were coordinates, so Pokemon will not have Z.
Incorrect fact, wrong reason: Choromosomes Z W doesn't exist, so Pokemon will not have Z and W.
Correct fact, wrong reason: Chromosome X Y Z W exist, so Pokemon will have Z and W
Z is part of the 3d coordinate system. Considering these are the first fully 3d pokemon games, on a 3ds, chances are likely that there will be a Z pokemon.

Pokémon has always been an emotional game for me, since I've always had a bond with mine. I'm loving all these Amie news, about more experience, more critical hits and more evasion just because he or she loves you. Wonderful!

I'm fine with Steel getting its nerf because it means Weavile gets to whack Scisor with something a bit stronger than low kick on the switch.
The types that steel no longer resist are the same types which Scizor already resisted, through bug
9.0?

9 POINT ZERO???

ARE THEY M-A-D (?) :v4::mad:
Why is everyone so bent out of shape on a 9.0, its like reviews must cater to your unusually high expectations. They need to review the game as a game. I'm sure all of us being pokemon fans will enjoy it. Besides, a 9.0 is an amazing score, now all of a sudden its the new 5.0, I mean really, y'all sound silly making a fuss over an excellent score.

speaking of pokemon amie, how does it work exactly? Does it carry over to player vs player battles or is it an in-game evasion/crit boost only?

Also, bug does not resist dark. This means that Scizor is neutral to weavile's Stab dark attacks on switch now. It's still not going to get OKOed, but it'll be hit harder than low kick ever did.

9.0 is actually a great score for IGN reviewing a Pokemon game. Normally they'd give it a much lower score because that's just IGN.

http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/reviews/analisis-pokemon-x-e-para-3ds-57716

This Spanish review states that there are at least 2 new weather/fields effects:

Grass field (campo de hierba) -restore HP (doesn't specify if it works for all pokes or just grass types)
Fog field (campo de niebla)- prevent stat changes
Apparently the site also mentions that pokemon will gain more xp depending on how strong are your bonds with them. I don't think this was mentioned before. If its true, this can make leveling up our pokemon even easier, aside from the xp share. Maybe those who want some type of challenge will have to avoid feeding and petting their pokemon so as to not get the xp bonus.

speaking of pokemon amie, how does it work exactly? Does it carry over to player vs player battles or is it an in-game evasion/crit boost only?

Also, bug does not resist Dark.
I think it should be carried to PvP battles s well, or what would be the point of making your Pokémon love you and ignore it in competitive battling? I think it can add another element to battles, and it's awesome

9.0 is actually a great score for IGN reviewing a Pokemon game. Normally they'd give it a much lower score because that's just IGN.
Well,they gave B2W2 a rating of 9.6..........

I'm expecting it not to matter in PvP, either because opposing player 'mon happiness can counteract yours (so unhappy pokemon are at a disadvantage, but if both sides are equally happy it looks the same as previous gen) or if it's just not factored in at all. Game Freak would not have failed to notice that AFAIK evasion and critical hits are not liked in any competitive scene, including Japanese.

EDIT: Layell tells me differently about Japanese players, so maybe cause for concern.

Well,they gave B2W2 a rating of 9.6..........
So? Probably a different reviewer, maybe they've changed editorial policy since then. I really don't care about ".x" part of a rating outside of on metacritic (where it seems to actually be pretty useful, since it's aggregating.) The substance text of the review is what's important after the broad strokes. Frankly, I think most ratings need to go back to a 5 or 4 point system.

Last edited:
because raising the amount of RNG higher than necessary is definately not an awesome addition to competitive battling, which is about trying to maximise efficiency and minimize risk. There's a reason why evasion moves are banned from competitive play, they create a situation where it goes from something resembling a clash of skill and prediction into a series of totally random coin flips. Pokemon Amie carrying over to pvp would only make it even more random than it already is.
First of all, I hate people who see their Pokémon as data only. Second I guess that, if both Pokémon have the same level of love, nothing changes. So, if two trainers who care for their pokes battle, everything will be the same. The difference will be between one who spends time with his friends and one who doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)