Pokémon XY Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Has there been any indication as to when trading becomes available?
Most likely early (or directly after the first gym) which is the case in most games. BW you had to obtain the C Gear, but in DPPt and HGSS you just had to reach a Pokemon Centre after getting the Pokedex.

Most likely early (or directly after the first gym) which is the case in most games. BW you had to obtain the C Gear, but in DPPt and HGSS you just had to reach a Pokemon Centre after getting the Pokedex.
In both cases you only needed the first gym badge but it could be different in this game. Especially considering that earlier one of the leakers had been to like six different towns and only had one gym badge...

From the source posted above: imgur.com/a/jiahd

"In the Museum, there's an NPC that asks if the player has a Genesect to show him."

That's interesting. Seems like if we send over the Genesects from the wifi giveaway for B2W2 something could happen.

The lack of Sneasel in any of the dexes revealed so far makes me a little upset.

That said I really like both Greninja and Heliolisk. Their designs are sleek, sexy and great. Whenever I hear someone talking about how Greninja's tongue doesn't suit the design I want to Ice Punch a Gible. It's a frog shinobi, and what's a videogame shinobi without a red scarf? They are making use of the long tongue of a frog and giving it thematic unity with the ninja pop aesthetic of the scarf, which is frigging brilliant.

Anyway, I was actually very surprised to see how decent Heliolisks's stats are. Seems like a competent special sweeper. Assuming it gets to keep dry skin as an ability, it'll get a switch in on water attacks in the rain and then chase them out with SE thunders.

The lack of Sneasel in any of the dexes revealed so far makes me a little upset.

That said I really like both Greninja and Heliolisk. Their designs are sleek, sexy and great. Whenever I hear someone talking about how Greninja's tongue doesn't suit the design I want to Ice Punch a Gible. It's a frog shinobi, and what's a videogame shinobi without a red scarf? They are making use of the long tongue of a frog and giving it thematic unity with the ninja pop aesthetic of the scarf, which is frigging brilliant.

Anyway, I was actually very surprised to see how decent Heliolisks's stats are. Seems like a competent special sweeper. Assuming it gets to keep dry skin as an ability, it'll get a switch in on water attacks in the rain and then chase them out with SE thunders.
Greninja's design and typing is great other than it's tongue wrapped around it's head. In real life frogs only stick their tongues out to snap up flies so GF should have designed it so that the tongue was inside it's mouth. Its just weird to have it out all the time.

i've just happened to watch Origins. It's awesome, and Mega Lizardon X is amazing.

and it's been said that the mega evos are twmporary, so prolly it goes away when you ahift. and you'll be only able to carry one mega around
Ive been looking for that..you got any links?

Frogadiers design has touched me. I saw the stats and the base speed looks higher which is pretty much what I wanted from one of the starters.
Has anyone figured out the base stats for it yet?

Greninja's design and typing is great other than it's tongue wrapped around it's head. In real life frogs only stick their tongues out to snap up flies so GF should have designed it so that the tongue was inside it's mouth. Its just weird to have it out all the time.
...but you don't get it, it's doing that because it's a ninja. Frogs irl aren't ninjas either, they don't need a scarf. what would you do if you were a ninja frog and suddenly realized you had no scarf? Of course, like any good ninja you would improvise. "Hey, i have this big long tongue, I could wrap it around my neck and let the end trail off. Finally, I am complete. time to go cling to some walls and throw some shurikens like the ninja I am."

Seriously, people who don't 'get' the inspiration behind this design just irk me so much! Don't disrespect a great design just because you don't understand the pop culture significance behind it, especially something so ingrained into videogame and anime designs coming from a Japanese gaming company.

This here is a good round up of most of the other interesting stuff so far:

http://imgur.com/a/jiahd

Yes there are spoilers. It seems Flabebe might evolve once or twice looking at the dex... Let's hope the Coastal/Mountain ranges have more new Pokemon than what we have had so far. I am extremely happy with the amount of options we have so early (Doduo, Bagon etc)
I get the feeling that Flabebe could evolve into a Fairy/Grass pokemon.
It has a Grass type support ability and it learns a grass type move.

Damn, at first I wasn't that much excited but thanks to the last leaks now I'm really looking forward to playing the game !
looks really good, nice design, possibly having so much pokemon early in the game is really great also.

Greninja's design is simply amazing by the way.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
"Farfetch'd does not have a new evolutionary stage."

Poor thing...
Dunsparce as well I guess?

Sweet Kiss is now a fairy move?
I actually don't see what the difference lies on, really.
It's not an attacking move anyway.
Unless starting from this generation, immunities apply to variable moves too.

...but you don't get it, it's doing that because it's a ninja. Frogs irl aren't ninjas either, they don't need a scarf. what would you do if you were a ninja frog and suddenly realized you had no scarf? Of course, like any good ninja you would improvise. "Hey, i have this big long tongue, I could wrap it around my neck and let the end trail off. Finally, I am complete. time to go cling to some walls and throw some shurikens like the ninja I am."

Seriously, people who don't 'get' the inspiration behind this design just irk me so much! Don't disrespect a great design just because you don't understand the pop culture significance behind it, especially something so ingrained into videogame and anime designs coming from a Japanese gaming company.
I get the design but I wish GF had of just given it a normal scarf instead of just wrapping it's tongue around it's head... or just made it a ninja frog without a scarf-like-tongue.
So yeah I'm still going with Team Fennekin for my X version and then Team Chespin for my Z version.

Most of the stats I've seen so far (doublade, etc.) have been underwhelming. I'm really curious as to what Noivern is going to be, although it will need to be good if he's going to compete for a slot against multiscale Dragonite, Moxie/intimitate Salamence, (mega) garchomp and Haxorus (and of course Flygon) (possibly more of which could get mega evos)

There's also been absolutely nothing on the legendary trio, which could potentially be good OU or UU material depending on their theme and types.

I'm not sure how many more pokemon to expect, but I do expect the "later" leaks to contain more powerful pokemon

Also I can't believe Binacle is real. How on Earth did that thing get cleared by the design team?

wasn't it confirmed a while ago that you could change your skin colour? why are people kicking up a stink about it now?

I think they mean fixing dry skin or acne or freckles...............................
but that's a strange translation/ choice of vocabulary
I dont think its a bad translation, I think they called it 'skin treatments' because they didnt want it to be 'change your race' or anything blatantly race related.

We're talking about the same design team which approved of gen 5 here.
I hope whoever made Samurott got fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)