Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumors are true, uber is gonna be fucked by reshiram and zekrom because they have fucking 760 BST please, please stop wasting your time on them.
yeah i agree, but i admit some of the rumors i want to be real some times while some i just hate.

btw any thoughts on the flying sheep&ninja bug looking thing they put up?

Dream Eater would like to have a word with you.
Considering they have to be asleep for it to be useful (and the only Pokemon that learns Spore and Dream Eater is Smeargle) and the fact that they'll just switch out and Sleep Clause makes it useless, it's only even remotely useful in-game where you can basically do whatever you want and still win.

Edit: Psychics would just use Focus Blast/HP Fighting on a Dark/Steel with Shadow Tag and KO it before it gets a chance to attack, unless it has Sucker Punch and predicts correctly. Dark types don't really need Shadow Tag because they already have Pursuit. Pure Steel or Steel/Psychic would probably be better for trapping due to its resistances and the fact that Psychics will die to Gyro Ball.

Yeah, I thought of that, unless it switches on choice Specs Psychic LOL..
But it's proven fake, so whatever.
If ANY Dark Pokemon switches in on a Choice Alakazam's Psychic, it will take it out with Pusuit no matter what. Like I said, Alakazam can easily OHKO any Dark/Steel Pokemon with Focus Blast (or even HP Fighting) unless it has epic special bulk.

Grass and Steel resists Water and Electric without being weak to Ice or Grass. I think it's the only type combination to do so. It also resists the Dragon+Electric and Dragon+Water type combinations. The Fighting weakness doesn't seem that bad to me since Machamp will confuse you if you're not a Ghost-type and a +2 Close Combat from Lucario will OHKO almost all Pokemon that don't resist it. Gengar's Focus Blast would mean that it can't counter it but since many Gengar run HP Fire anyway, you shouldn't be switching in on one unless it's locked into a resisted move. The 4x Fire weakness isn't great but you can usually predict Fire attacks, anyway.

That said, I'd much rather see Tsutarja become Grass/Electric. We know Tsutarja has the lowest Base HP out of any of the starters so it's going to be pretty frail and wouldn't be able to benefit from the defensive nature of Grass/Steel. Grass/Electric is a much better offensive type since it's only resisted by Grass-types, Dragon-types, and a few other type combinations like Electric/Steel, while Steel offers very little in combination with Grass.
Grass/Steel is an awesome defensive combination, like you said, and it would do very well if the rumors are ture, speculating it doesn't turn out Grass/Ground. Grass/Electric though imo is one of the best offensive (if not the best) typing for a starter, and I wish it comes out like that.
@G.I.R- Chill man, we're just talking about the rumors, Legendaries can wait, they've had enough fame

Personally I'm hoping for some more fire types that can compete in OU. What type combination do you think would be useful, because I'm no expert on that kind of thing.

The previously speculated Fire/Ground would be great. Neutral to Stealth Rock, and it hits 8 types Super-Effectively with STABs alone, not to mention great neutrality (look at Heatran, always runs Fire + Earth Power). If Pokabu becomes a speedy attacker that would be cool...but it seems like it'll be a bulkier Fire type, which could be nice for a Choice user since it has resistances to Fire, Electric, Bug, Steel, and Poison.

@G.I.R- Chill man, we're just talking about the rumors, Legendaries can wait, they've had enough fame
Its not about discussing the legendaries its about fake rumors. I visit this thread to read/discuss about facts or rumors that arent totally and obviously fake, but okay, ill let pointless discussion be pointless discussions.

Man, while they were confirmed fake, those Aparuka and Naoie fakemon look really convincing. They were some high-quality fakes, if I say so myself. If I didn't know any better and it hadn't already been confirmed fake, I would have thought they were real...

Personally I'm hoping for some more fire types that can compete in OU. What type combination do you think would be useful, because I'm no expert on that kind of thing.
Fire/Ground, Fire/Fighting, and Fire/Steel and the only combinations with Fire that are neutral to SR. As long as a Fire/Ground Pokemon gets enough speed to outrun most bulky Water, it would be able to hit them with Earthquake/Earthpower/HP Grass or Electric before they kill it with Surf. Fire/Dragon is aguably the best offensive type combination there is but it's weak to SR.

Talking about offensive combinations, i really want a ghost/fighting....well, somthing that looks cool^^ with technician and sword dance, ~130 base atk, shadow sneak and mach punch (and some good filler attack or acceptable SpA to kll skarm with hp fire/a better fire move). it would soooo destroy evereything.

Considering it's Ghost and Fighting, it would probably get Thunderbolt and the Elemental Punches so it would be able to kill Skarmory and Flying types with those. Also, a +2 Close Combat off of 130 Base Atk would easily be enough to OHKO Skarmory. I think Dark/Fighting could possibly be better since Shadow Sneak won't do a whole lot to bulky Ghosts while Sucker Punch is still a great STAB move. Although, bulky Ghosts could probably avoid getting hit by it by using Will-O-Wisp so you would probably have to choose between using Sucker Punch for Scarfed Ghosts or Crunch for bulky Ghosts. The final move would be something like Ice Punch for Gliscor and Zapdos.

And the cool thing about the typing is that it isn't weak to Pursuit - it has relatively uncommon weaknesses to Flying, Psychic, and Ghost, but resistances to Normal, Fighting, Bug, Poison, and potentially Ground if it has Levitate.

lmao, how does one not know it's fake. grass/flying with thick fat as well? haha. someone just wanted to make some awesome pokemon ideas.

Ghost/Fighting would be cool as possessed armor.
I'd rather see a possessed suit of armor as a Ghost/Steel Pokemon. According to X-Act in one of his threads, it's the most overall defensive type combination and is the only thing that can resist the combination of Dragon and Fighting.

I actually forgot that Ghost/Fighting has a 4x Bug resistance and considering it also is immune to Fighting and the fact that Dark/Fighting doens't really help it counter Psychic-types better than pure Dark, Ghost/Fighting is probably a better defensive type as well.

Ghost/Fighting would be cool as possessed armor.
I still enjoy that almost everyone wants possessed armor, but half of those people will turn around and whine about having a possessed sarcophagus

Also it's a shame these are fake, they are really well-done. Must have taken a while to make.
They look neat, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)