Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blastoise: Shall Armor
Charizard: Intimidate
Venesaur: Natrual Cure

Fraligator: Water Veil
Typholsian: Flash Fire
chickoreta: Flower Gift

Mudkip: Earthquake Spiral
Fire chicken: Quick Feet
Sceptile: Herbivore

Empoleon: Thick Fat
Torterra: Earthquake Spiral
Infernape: Guts
I think that just the Kanto starters will get new abilities. Not all previous starters, Even though HGSS allowed people to get one starter from each generation (except Gen 4).

Thick Fat could work. Piplup's Dex entry from Diamond:

"...Its thick down guards it from cold"

I hope they engineer all new abilities for some of the starters. The only one I currently like is Solar Power Venusaur, but even that is situational.

Herbivore on Swampert??? Drools...
Hahaha kidding!!
lol if that wasn't instant uber i would lose faith in life.

I really hope typhlosion gets something absolute kickass. It's easily my favorite poke and it could use a good boost. I don't think Flash Fire is enough to raise it out of NU into high UU or maybe OU where it belongs :)

I really hope Milotic can have an alternate ability as well, I mean Marvel Scale is great and all, but I was thinking of something like..I don't know.. a Special Intimidate perhaps.

I think that just the Kanto starters will get new abilities. Not all previous starters, Even though HGSS allowed people to get one starter from each generation (except Gen 4).
I actually would bet on all the previous starters, in addition to most of the pokemon that previously only had one ability, to get new abilities.

Pokemon likely to receive a new ability:

- starters
- pseudo legendaries (Dragonite, Garchomp, etc)
- Eeveelutions (confirmed)
- legendary trios (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, etc)
- phantom legendaries (Mew, Celebi, etc)
- other legends (Mewtwo, Lugia, Kyogre, Palkia, etc)

Other than that, I doubt they'll put on special promotions for ordinary Pokemon.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It might not be through a promotion, but one of the main features of Dream World is the ability to capture a wide variety of Pokémon that are not found in the Isshu Pokédex. It has already been stated that most of the Pokémon found in Dream World will have alternate abilities. These promotions are not the only way to find Pokémon in Dream World.

It might not be through a promotion, but one of the main features of Dream World is the ability to capture a wide variety of Pokémon that are not found in the Isshu Pokédex. It has already been stated that most of the Pokémon found in Dream World will have alternate abilities. These promotions are not the only way to find Pokémon in Dream World.
Pokebeach said:
Revealed in its product description is that each magazine will come with a password for encountering either Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle in the Dream World.
Seems to me like a promotion. You can only pick one, and you need a password for it. You are given an Eeveelution after completing the maze. So far, the Pokemon we know of in the Dream World are exclusive to events or promotions. It'd be unwise to think otherwise and get yourself excited all for nothing. From a competitive point of view, it won't make a difference. The Pokemon will be in unlimited quantity for each individual, but in-game you will only get one.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Seems to me like a promotion. You can only pick one, and you need a password for it. You are given an Eeveelution after completing the maze. So far, the Pokemon we know of in the Dream World are exclusive to events or promotions. It'd be unwise to think otherwise and get yourself excited all for nothing. From a competitive point of view, it won't make a difference. The Pokemon will be in unlimited quantity for each individual, but in-game you will only get one.
I am not saying these are not promotions. I am saying, in general, it seems like most of the Pokémon available through Dream World will not be promotions.

I would think the first Pokemon other than starters and Eeveeloutions that earn alternate abilities would be legendary trios (Perhaps by some post-Elite Four event. Another type of 'Pick one, and only one' affair.). I'm quite sure that a number of legendary Pokemon would like something other than Pressure except perhaps Suicune/SubRoost Zap/Molt/Cuno.

Or maybe it's just my frustration that over half of all legendary Poke seem to have either Pressure or Levitate. :/

Pokemon likely to receive a new ability:

- starters
- pseudo legendaries (Dragonite, Garchomp, etc)
- Eeveelutions (confirmed)
- legendary trios (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, etc)
- phantom legendaries (Mew, Celebi, etc)
- other legends (Mewtwo, Lugia, Kyogre, Palkia, etc)

Other than that, I doubt they'll put on special promotions for ordinary Pokemon.
I can't bear the thought of Kyogre having other ability than Drizzle..except perhaps if the other ability happens to be Wonder Guard..then Kyogre will truly be the King, err the God of Ubers.

Regirock should get Solid rock, Regice should get Ice Body, and Registeel some new Abillity. Now Moltres should get Falme Body,Articuno Ice Body,and Zapdos Static.

There are 2 promos announced so far... I highly doubt all DW pokemon would be password promos, I think that defeats the purpose a bit. And what about the random Pikachu?

Yes, please. Those poor golems want some love.

Solid Rock Regirock
Heatproof Registeel
Filter Regice
Those are all good ideas!

Stellar

of the Distant Past
As Wishy said, we have already seen screenshots of Mime Jr. and Pikachu being encountered in Dream World. As far as we know, neither of these Pokémon are part of a promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)