Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there barley any talk about Zoroark's new ability? From what I'm guessing, It works like this:

You send Zoroark out, however he LOOKS like a random Pokemon, (either totally random or a Pokemon on your team/opponents team.

He only looks like the Pokemon however. His typing, stats, and moves will all be Zoroark.

After one turn, he turns back to Zoroark sprite.

I think that would be the best way to have the ability be.
I remember when we all thought that Anticipation would be basically godmode - we believed that it would tell you when the opponent would use a SE attack and let you switch out. It turned out to be pretty useless in the end.
Same for Forewarn and us thinking it'd reveal the whole moveset of the opponent...

And wow guys, cannibal pig?

I love the water starter! The grass starter is pretty badass, too.

So, are we getting another new pokemon next pokemon sunday? (I remember Serebii saying something like that)

I think Zoroark's ability is really neat, no matter what it is. If it transforms throughout a battle into the 3 dogs, I am thinking that Illusion randomly transforms the Pokemon into another every other turn of the battle. This will gain said Pokemon's moves. However, it will also revert back to the original Pokemon (Zoroark) after the turn it's transformed. I am guessing the Pokemon it transforms into would be one in your Party.

Thoughts?
I really like this idea. :) As long as it copies your opponent's pokemon. So then you can see what attacks the other pokemon has so you can plan accordingly.

I love the water starter! The grass starter is pretty badass, too.

So, are we getting another new pokemon next pokemon sunday? (I remember Serebii saying something like that)
Sorry for the double post. lol I hope we get another pokemon as well as those starters. I wonder what the new legends will look like. Hmmmmmm.

I don't know which starter I'll pick... Because they're all awful. Just awful.

Trainers look great, although they both have really bad sprites. I'll pick the male this time around because I don't like how the girl looks like a trucker.

Issu region... Eh... Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Issu. Doesn't quite fit.

Pictures look great, but too much like Gen 4. I don't have very high hopes for you, Generation 5.

I hope the water starter ends up Water/Fighting not Water/Ice. Ugh, Water/Ice sucks, I'm so sick of Water/Ice typing. Water/Fighting boxing otter would be so much cooler.

I hope the water starter ends up Water/Fighting not Water/Ice. Ugh, Water/Ice sucks, I'm so sick of Water/Ice typing. Water/Fighting boxing otter would be so much cooler.
That would be pretty cool! I can't wait to see the evolutions for the starters!

Water was immediately my least favourite but it has really grown on me.
But I am happy with all the designs; love the expressions on Fire and Grass.

Now for the most important question: what will the starters' "cry" sound like?

Haha, that was a joke. But as for this idea of the type triangle (Grass/Fighting, Fire/Dark, Water/Psychic,) I see great promise in this. Grass/fighting would allow STAB Leaf Blade & Focus Punch, Bulk Up. Fire/Dark would allow STAB Sucker Punch. And the Water/Psychic could possibly give this sad otter Recover! Think of Starmie but with 10-15 more BST.

Also, as a California boy, I would love for Gen 5 to take place in America! California has amazing geography to make an RPG. We have the beaches, huge cities, snowy mountains, desserts, rivers... You name it, California has it!

I would figure it would take place in or around Hong Kong or somesuch.

The grass starter is awesome, and the fire starter is my favorite. The water type is meh.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Also, as a California boy, I would love for Gen 5 to take place in America! California has amazing geography to make an RPG. We have the beaches, huge cities, snowy mountains, desserts, rivers... You name it, California has it!
Nah, it's going to be the usual Japan. They (ironically) have plenty of regions not covered yet.

and they should make a game on Brazil/South America, not USA ok

Focus Farce
That's why I said "tend to" ~__~

And Focus Crap, Blizzard and Gunk Shot's problem may be solved giving them 85 accuracy. I mean they're not like Thunder anyway, they have a mere 10% chance of activating their secondary effects, just make them Fire Blast clones and call it a day.

I love the grass starter, it's by far the coolest looking of the trio....fire is ugly; I expected it to be cuter...idk, i don't like it....water's decent, though it should be mijumaru the emo pokemon btw, totally random seashell wtf?

Anyways, I think I'll break my streak of fire in odd gens and water in even gens

EDIT: and the grass's name sounds the coolest as well

EDIT2: Anyone over the starter hysteria thinks that the in-game camera will continue to be sucky like in all previous games (maybe not sucky, but still, the same)
(xcept where indicated, like big industrial city from the clips)

Pokemon region based on Europe. Massive one, stretching from Iceland in the northwest (maybe an event location where you can catch Groudon, Entei, and Heatran), to Finland in the northeast (home of the Pokerally, a Pokemon racing event), to Greece in the southeast (where the region's 'Olympian' legendaries are, and the Pokemon League is on the Acropolis) to Spain in the southwest (which would be a good starting point I reckon).

I like the grass, and the even though the water and fire look bad now, I bet they evolve into something cool.

I don't see how they can have anymore legendaries, however. They've already made Arceus, The God Pokemon. How can you top that?

pkmn region based on europe with europe-like setting would be epic....

and i think they'll make the new legendaries based on abstract-er concepts (not sure, i mean, anti-matter is already)
maybe good and evil themselves....kinda ying yang

EDIT: doubt dragon starter....but the water guy is SO water/ice...it just screams water/ice (as much as an emo snowman can cry, you know)

EDIT2: Their in-game sprites look so colorful...like the green looks like actual GREEN and the pig look like RED-ORANGE

They all look decent, better than I expected at least. Hopefully the evolutions will be bad ass!

I'm hoping its Grass/Dragon, Water/Fighting (although unfortunately it looks like Water/Ice), and Fire/Ground. It would mix things up a bit; the first dragon starter would be awesome

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
though it should be mijumaru the emo pokemon btw, totally random seashell wtf?
Heh, that seashell is anything but random. Just like the other Water starters (Squirtle with shell, Totodile with spikes, Mudkip with... flaps and Piplup with its coat), the seashell will surely become a crucial feature of its body.

I just hope it's not in a Cloyster/Clamperl way. They're crappy.

The creator is easy to top(or at least equal). Creator does not = omnipotent. He's barely more powered than the dragon legendaries after all. A pokemon representing pure destruction or chaos could work well. As could a variety of other concepts. The Pokehorsemen would rule. A Steel Legendary for War, A Poison for Plague, a Fire or Bug for Famine, and a Dark/Ghost for Death could make amazing legendaries. Hell, the Elite four could be based on the same concept.

Note to self-Make team based on Concept.

Heh, that seashell is anything but random. Just like the other Water starters (Squirtle with shell, Totodile with spikes, Mudkip with... flaps and Piplup with its coat), the seashell will surely become a crucial feature of its body.

I just hope it's not in a Cloyster/Clamperl way. They're crappy.
Seashell boxing gloves? Anything to get a good Water/Fighting Pokemon...

Life and Death is strongly suspected. There have also still been no Fighting, Bug, or Poison legendaries.

Maybe the Life legendary could be Normal/Fighting, and the Death legendary Poison/Dark. I think those typings would fit, and yet be not boringly obvious.

And we should have a Bug legendary based on the bootlace worm - probably the longest known animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)