Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii mentioned something about a new Pokemon being revealed in an anime episode, but that's supposedly a rumor/unconfirmed or something along those lines.

I'm afraid they might not reveal much......why anything will satisfy me. They might be hesitant seeing how the Americas knew about the game almost the same week it was mentioned in Japan.

If they reveal a starter, they will probably reveal the other 2 as well. Keeping them together to avoid confusion.
hmmm...imagine we don't even notice it. Like an episode about Kangaskhan missing its baby and the "new" Pokemon is the baby and we just ignore that.

Assuming GF is continuing with the grandiose lines of theme for legendaries (instead of simple guardians), here are a few of my ideas that could work well with Black and White:

1. Death and Birth
- It' simple and works pretty elegantly. A Ghost-type cover legendary for Black and a Normal-type cover legendary for White. It could elucidate some parts of pokemon physiology (Where did the eggs come from!!??), and could expand on Lavender town things.

2. Purity and Defilement
- Not in the religious sense, but in the tabula rasa vs. artificial/industrial change. White represents unaltered nature, and could be represented by Normal, grass, with Black being industrialization and represented by Poison, Steel.

3. Honor and Trickery
- Not exactly as cut and dry as death and birth but could still sort of fit the Black/White motif.

Anyone remember what order they released pokemon in D/P? I remember getting Lucario, some babies...and then the starters? I'm going to be pissed if we get a lame pre-evo next week.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We'll get a Misdreavus Pre-Evo that learns Baton Pass. :P

105 Speed + Ghost + Fairly-Bulky + Mean Look = lolz

Plus on one of the best calm minders, it would be funny . . .

Or we'll get a nincada pre-evo that learns Taunt. :P

How about a diglet pre-evo that learns encore and tickle?

Like we need another candidate for the Batton Train.

And Tauntjask would be top-tier. In fact, it may be Uber. Oh God, I'm just thinking about it now..Guaranteed Stealth Rock stopper along with Batton Passing to your favorite sweepers for the kill...

Mt Cornet wasn't that bad being in the middle, but the climates are a bit out of whack....Snowpoint being encased in snow even though Sinnoh is actually really far south and there are many non-snowy climate areas above it....
Sinnoh is the northernmost of the regions. What makes you think it's south?

And the fact that the Fight Area is almost parallel to it and has Palm Trees......Now I see what you mean....
The Battle Zone is odd. In-game, I think it's suggested the heat from Stark Mountain keeps it warm. Doesn't work that way IRL, but at least there's some logic to it.

I don't think we'll ever have Orange Islands in the games, because we got the Sevii Islands in FRLG. But who knows?

Tauntjask would be interesting. Yes, it would always stop SR leads, but that would just mean people run SR outside of the lead slot. People would stop running other suicide leads, opting instead for bulky powerful ones, make lead Ninjask itself less useful. You'd likely get a cyclicity. And fast enough TrickScarfers would still cause it problems.

Gah, forgot about Protect.

Auto-Trick-Room would thoroughly screw Ninjask over. If as I previously mentioned, the auto-weather mechanics were changed to expire some moves after the inducer switches out, rather than being permanent, it might not be broken.

Serebii mentioned something about a new Pokemon being revealed in an anime episode, but that's supposedly a rumor/unconfirmed or something along those lines.
No, he said that it was going to be revealed on an episode of Pokemon Sunday.

I'll laugh if the new silhouette released is an electrode evolution. a ball as the silhouette. lol
A Jigglypuff seen from above.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Assuming GF is continuing with the grandiose lines of theme for legendaries (instead of simple guardians), here are a few of my ideas that could work well with Black and White:

1. Death and Birth
- It' simple and works pretty elegantly. A Ghost-type cover legendary for Black and a Normal-type cover legendary for White. It could elucidate some parts of pokemon physiology (Where did the eggs come from!!??), and could expand on Lavender town things.
Maybe they will do something as drastic as adding a new "light" type, one legendary is light the other is dark.

Sinnoh is the northernmost of the regions. What makes you think it's south?
I looked on Serebii and the Pokemon ranger regions are above it. Sinnoh is in the middle of the ocean pretty far south. Almost parallel to Hoenn.

Lol. There are parts of hoenn farther north than snowpoint (Falarbor and Fortree).

Ugh. We've discussed this multiple times in the thread, NO LIGHT TYPES.
I reeeaaally don't want to cover this topic again. It's getting as annoying as Fusions....

A Jigglypuff seen from above.
Spilled their coffee on the canvas so we can't tell what it is.

lol. There is a chance of them doing something like that w/ Jigglypuff! They were clever enough to think it up once.

2. Purity and Defilement
- Not in the religious sense, but in the tabula rasa vs. artificial/industrial change. White represents unaltered nature, and could be represented by Normal, grass, with Black being industrialization and represented by Poison, Steel.
This is probably the most likely out of the ones you mentioned....I don't want to see a day vs night theme.....It's probably going to happen, but I don't really want to see it.....IDK why, probably because Espeon and Umbreon were night and day and Espeon has very little to do w/ day outside of learning Morning Sun and evolving in the day....

I really want to see Fog come back and become a regular weather condition....I would love that. Destroy w/ my Sand Attack + Bright Powder + Ariel Ace + Defog + Attack that activates Fog Ninjask!

Defog would become useful again (still probably rare, though, seeing it destroys your own rocks/spikes).....I bet Defog will be a Move Tutor move in Generation 5's special edition.

Smog is also a possibility as new weather, seeing industrialization. Sadly, night probably won't happen seeing "Sunny Day" is "Clear Sky" in Japanese.....

I hope that Black takes place in an industrial and urban region while white in something like the country side or just loaded w/ nature/forests/mountains/caves/etc. After you beat Black version, go to the natural region. After White, you go to the urbanized region.

It may be an alternate form of an existing Pokemon, just to screw with us, like the Notch-Eared Pichu.

"We're revealing a new Pokemon!"

Us: OMG GEN V GEN V!

GF: "Pichu!"

I think Yanmega with Baton Pass would be even more fun, personally.

I looked on Serebii and the Pokemon ranger regions are above it. Sinnoh is in the middle of the ocean pretty far south. Almost parallel to Hoenn.
That's just how he decided to lay out the regions on Pokearth, and not where they actually may be in the Pokeworld. Serebii layed it out that way for space reasons, and wasn't really going for accuracy there.

That is not the real map. the official map places it as the northernmost
Lol. There are parts of hoenn farther north than snowpoint (Falarbor and Fortree).
see above
Just as an aside. If I find the real map, I'll edit this with a link (if I reme mber.)
EDIT: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2a/RegionsMoviesMap.jpg from http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world

Serebio's Pokearth map is bullshit nonsense.

This is more likely to be accurate, seeing as the regions are based on areas of Japan.

Sinnoh is based off the northern island of Japan, and, according to the name of the Sinjoh Ruins, is supposed to be to the north of Johto. The Pokearth map is not supposed to be accurate in the placement of the regions.

Oh. My mistake. I thought they placed it on Serebi according to hints in the games....

All in all, I still want to see Black and White take place in different regions....Probably below Jhoto/Kanto according to the map, or to left of Sinnoh/to the right of Hoenn....

The map makes the snow in Twinleaf town/several other places in Sinnoh look even more randomly placed....It was probably just a reference to global warming.....meaning there may be a chance the new region will be based more on the present world as well.

Oh. My mistake. I thought they placed it on Serebi according to hints in the games....

All in all, I still want to see Black and White take place in different regions....Probably below Jhoto/Kanto according to the map....
The 20 or so islands? Without Fly, that would be hell. Even if you did have Fly, you still have to swim around a lot to get to all those islands. You know how annoying it is to swim from Olivine to Cianwood. All those islands would mean you get Surf early and you have to swim A LOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)