Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone bring me up to speed on what happened on pokemon Sunday? Also do you think theres gonna be an emulator capable of playing this beast when comes out in NA.

I really hope the Dragon thing isn't the pseudo legend. I hope it is just another badass Pokemon, and we get another badass Pokemon for the pseudo legend. It has a snout, so I don't think it is a bug.

I really hope the Dragon thing isn't the pseudo legend. I hope it is just another badass Pokemon, and we get another badass Pokemon for the pseudo legend. It has a snout, so I don't think it is a bug.
Or we could have multiple plegends like when we got metagross and salamence at once.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Jeez, look at how much happens in under 24 hours! I feel hideously out of the loop already... they sure know how to deliver the hype. My thoughts on the new Pokemon revealed...

I like the look of the mole one, Ground/Dark or Ground/Steel perhaps?
The Tyranitar-wannabe is kinda dissapointing, because, well, it's a smaller TTar with a double axe on it's head as far as I can tell. Steel/Dark?
The phantom/coffin one looks very promising, obviously a ghost type but I really have no idea what secondary typing it could have with those odd colors (especially for a ghost!)
The spider-looking one seems interesting, from the color scheme I'd guess Bug/Electric, that'd be very exciting.

And also, 3 vs 3 battles? Did I hear correctly...? Talk about a whole new world of possibilities.

I think it's too early to decide what 3v3 will be like, but for myself, it doesn't really make a difference. I rarely double battle, and I'm sure 3v3 will mainly be an occasional in-game thing and the way Nintendo does their VGC stuff.

Singles will always be there. Furthermore, I'm digging the new Pokemon and am very excited to learn more details about them. People have been saying that Nintendo's been out of ideas for years and years, but that shit never rang true for me at all.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100% Especially the bolded bit. All these designs so far are really awesome, they look original and well designed.

Breakdown:
Mole: Looks cool, after looking at the better quality pic it looks like a badass angry mole ready to give you 3 new assholes. Laser eyes ftw. Also, the middle drill (Above it's head) is a tail I think??
Axehead: Badass... Probably some overpowered evil Pokemon, maybe the psuedo-legendary and this gen. I have a feeling the main evil guy (With the eye thingie) will use it... Just a feeling~
Sarcophagus: Cool, Ghost/Ground or Ghost/Rock? The hands are a silly detail :p, I wonder what it's front looks like? If this is an alternate evo to Dusclops I'm gonna hit someone.
Electrantula: Cool. Electric/Bug should be interesting... Like the above, I'd like to see a front shot.
Slimer: o_O the only one that I didn't like at first, now I'm neutral. It looks like an embryo in slime lol. Watch it evolves into some mega awesome god pokemon >_>
Nosepassnot: It's the color scheme that makes me think of Nosepass and Probopass lol. Maybe it's an alternate evo to Nosepass? Probably Metal type... Hopefully it doesn't get stuck with Ground/Rock or Steel/Rock :x. Looks cool.
Lolita: was a maneaattaaa (any MIA fans? no? okay) I like its designs personally, looks interesting :). The face kinda reminds me of Medicham, maybe it's a female only evo of Meditite? Dark/Psychic maybe? Most likely standalone pokemon though. Alternate Dark-type evo of Smoochum possibly... Though I don't see it evolving again.

All of them look like final evos, except maybe Slimer. But maybe it'll be a standalone like Carnivine... I like 'em. 8D Can't wait, so much hype!!

3 on 3 battles? I don't think they expanded on double battles enough as it is...!! I like the sarcophagus. Looks like something I would design. Right up my alley. The green thing is... indescribable. So much stuff all at once, I can't reply to it all! Whatever that water attack is (Surf?) it looks AMAZING.

Also, not seeing how the black, feminine-looking Pokemon really looks "gothic lolita", besides featuring black and white and apparently having a sorta depressing-looking face, though that would be an interesting idea for a Pokemon. Almost sure Dentula will end up Bug/Electric, that's pretty interesting.

we haven't seen how they work at all :|
You shall understand how terrible 3 vs 3 will be once you encounter a trainer who uses Explosion and Protect. 1st turn and BOOM, half of your team is KOd. We're just kidding ourselves if we think that 3 vs 3 won't be a complete and utter Explosive mess.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You shall understand how terrible 3 vs 3 will be once you encounter a trainer who uses Explosion and Protect. 1st turn and BOOM, half of your team is KOd. We're just kidding ourselves if we think that 3 vs 3 won't be a complete and utter Explosive mess.
Just like 2v2 is?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You're right, it just has about 10 of them. xD

I really have no idea about the big nasty looking dragon-thing. It reminds me a bit of a centipede + mantis + dragon, but that's just me. It probably has Intimidate. I hope this isn't a Dragon/Steel pseudo legend with Intimidate, which is why I'm hoping for part bug (it may not even be dragon at all, though).
If it is a dragon steel pseudo legendary, it will go to ubers so fast, garchomp will look pathetic. Then somehow, with weaker stats, it will outclass Dialga and know one with use Dialga again. Just kidding.

if the mantis/green/dual axe mon is the pseudo, it'll be bug/dragon

still got a x4 ice weakness, but still might be good

Yay, so much new stuff.

Don't know what to think of it, tbh.

3vs3 battles. Yeah, we don't know how they work, but they'll need to SERIOUSLY change battle mechanics or it's going to be utterly stupid. Is that a Rock Slide hitting three pokemon I see there? If I can use three rock slides per turn you're not going to do much...

Sarcophagus. Man, I've waited for a sandstorm-resistant Ghost type since FOREVER. And that seems to be one. But if it's color scheme or design or whatever is not goign to change drastically by means of evolution we're not going anywhere, here. Whatever, I predict Rock/Ghost , which is a really good typing (if it gets levitate). Also, claydol-like stats.

Mole. Man, this thing looks like a dark type. Also, I think it could get steel typing for the same reason lucario got it (its weapons). I'd guess it's Dark/Steel, with terrible stats (you've made yourself a friend, skunktank).

Axehead. I see potential there. I still hope it's not our pseudo-legendary. Perhaps Bug type?

if the mantis/green/dual axe mon is the pseudo, it'll be bug/dragon

still got a x4 ice weakness, but still might be good
Bug isn't weak to ice, but more importantly, why does everyone think it is a mantis? It has two legs, no wings, two small dinosaur like forearms and nothing remotely bug like about its appearance. Is there something I am missing?

If it is a dragon steel pseudo legendary, it will go to ubers so fast, garchomp will look pathetic. Then somehow, with weaker stats, it will outclass Dialga and know one with use Dialga again. Just kidding.
Except for it could outclass Dialga when it comes to the typing, but not necessarily the role. It'll probably have Swords Dance (regardless of its type), and if it had Intimidate and Garchomp-like stats, it'd be pretty good.

These new Pokemon are starting to look like fail... I had really high hopes with the few cool ass looking Pokemon we saw not too long ago but now where getting IV syndrome with plain weird ass looking shit.

Triple battles? GTFO! Can you imagine if Kyogre, or even Groudon isn't banned at VGC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)