Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that's true. Also, it may end up just being some generic move a lot of Grass-types/Pokemon in general get. I hope that's the case...
Poison-type Pokes are direly in need of higher-powered moves, with better poison rates, so there's an actual incentive to use those particular STAB moves. Then again, status is annoying enough as it is, so... YMMV.

On-topic? I've got my fingers crossed for Smugleaf to evolve into a Grass/Poison type; we don't have enough of those.

The outline of the move is too dark to be Psychic (Pink). It's a Poison (Purple) move.

Also どく means Poison.

Checked the Japanese wording of all existing Poison Attacks (All 16 of them) and none of them match up.

So it's a new Poison move.

Edit: lol looks like I got ninja'd
Actually, I was under the assumption it looked too... well, bright pink to be Psychic, assuming it was just darker because of the quality of the scan.

@mgbguy: If Tsutarja becomes Grass/Poison I will seriously rip my hair out.

Actually, I was under the assumption it looked too... well, bright pink to be Psychic, assuming it was just darker because of the quality of the scan.

I might do worse than that._____.

Edit:Well he is a snake and yes I'm pretty sure you will tell me not all snakes are poisonous but I'm just stating the most likely typing.

What's with the Grass/Poison hate?
They are not THAT common, Roserade's line is the only one that wasn't from Gen I.
I always thought that an Ivy/Snake screamed Grass/Poison so balding will probably ensue...lol

BTW: Pokejungle says Koromori's ability is "Heart Slump" but no clue what it does.

What's with the Grass/Poison hate?
They are not THAT common, Roserade's line is the only one that wasn't from Gen I.
I always thought that an Ivy/Snake screamed Grass/Poison so balding will probably ensue...lol
It's not that it's because it's common (though it is-- even though Roserade's line was the only one not from Gen 1, nearly every single Grass-type in Gen 1 was Grass/Poison, even Bulbasaur-- and by now, the first stages of starters is generally considered to always be pure-type)-- it's just that's shitty typing. Not only will Tsutarja have to compete with all these Grass/Poisons, but being a fast frail sweeper like he might be based on his awful HP, having your two main STABs being an awful pair of STABs is not very nice. How Roserade gets away with it, I'll never know.

A bit on Gochiruzeru and Rankurusu's names, since there still seems to be some confusion there, judging by jumpluff's latest update to the News thread and what I'm seeing elsewhere:
Me said:
As said, Serebii has one more pic than Pokebeach right now--the one marked "Foe Gochiruzeru used Magic Room" at the bottom of the latest update. From what I've read when that pic was first noticed on the Smogon forums, that title comes from the text that's on the left image under that heading. The goth-loli is clearly the foe in that shot, so therefore it must be Gochiruzeru if that's correct; that's what caused Serebii to update, saying the names were mixed up.

Because of that, until WPM himself wakes up/comes back online and updates with hat pic and says what's up with it, I'm really more tempted to lean with Serebii here.

Edit: In order to clear this up a bit more, looking at the screenshots, other than the one that Serebii had just posted, none of the shots actually show Rankurusu and Gochiruzeru visible, and with their names next to them. In other words, the names were leaked through rumors before the cam-shots leaks, but there were no screenshots to actually clear up which was which. Therefore, people just assumed that Gochiruzeru would be the green-thing because "zeru" looked like a corruption of "cell", which it resembled, and then assumed that the goth-loli must have been Rankurusu. However, now we have an actual screenshot showing them, with one of their names visible where it's clear which Pokemon is being referred to (which only Serebii has up right now). As it turns out, that screenshot apparently shows that we guessed the Pokemon associated with the names wrong (and therefore, quite possibly their origins as well), and they in fact go with the opposite Pokemon.

tl;dr--Fans jumped to conclusions of which was which before we actually had screenshots showing that, and now that we have one, it turns out we got it wrong.

Of course, this is assuming that that translation for the screenshot is correct, but since Serebii actually posted it, I'd say there's a high chance that it's right (but I don't know Japanese myself, so I can't say for sure).

This is the scan where Pokebeach and Serebii got the info that "Rankurusu" is a Psychic type and has Magic Guard as one of it's abilities right?

So if it's Gochiruzeru who is Psychic and has Magic Guard, how did they get the names mixed up from that scan?

I think the names were mixed up but not the information.

I mean really does that little green blob look like it would be a psychic type?

In any case, what determines how good magic room is would be how long it lasts. I don't want another tailwind >.>

I think the names were mixed up but not the information.

I mean really does that little green blob look like it would be a psychic type?

In any case, what determines how good magic room is would be how long it lasts. I don't want another tailwind >.>
Yeah I believe that is the case.

Unless I'm misinterpreting the bit in bold, the info is stating the green blob is Psychic type.

Is recoil damage considered a secondary effect? I don't know about that but if it is imagine if Wooguru had Double-Edge, Brave-Bird and Close Combat. Double 120 base power STAB + Fighting type move for coverage, and all of those moves without the nasty side effects thanks to Encourage.

Yeah I believe that is the case.

Unless I'm misinterpreting the bit in bold, the info is stating the green blob is Psychic type.
From pokebeach
"Rankurusu (ランクルス) is the green, cell-shaped Pokemon; its name could derive from "ranma" (chaos) and "homunculus." It is a Psychic-type, stands 1.6m tall, and one of its two abilities is Magic Guard, which was previously exclusive to the Clefable line."

Guess so .-. Oh well, I was wishing that our little blobby friend would get some unique typing. At least it gets some fairly unique abilities seeing clefable is the only thing with magic guard.

Edit: Actually I looked at serebii and pokebeach. Serebii's pic says that foe gochiruzeru used magic room which would make it the one with magic guard. But pokebeach says Rankurusu used it. I'm confused :U

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Edit: Actually I looked at serebii and pokebeach. Serebii's pic says that foe gochiruzeru used magic room which would make it the one with magic guard. But pokebeach says Rankurusu used it. I'm confused :U
Just checked the scan - the line of Japanese text translates to "The foe's [Gochiruzeru] used Magic Room!", so Serebii is right.

From pokebeach
"Rankurusu (ランクルス) is the green, cell-shaped Pokemon; its name could derive from "ranma" (chaos) and "homunculus." It is a Psychic-type, stands 1.6m tall, and one of its two abilities is Magic Guard, which was previously exclusive to the Clefable line."

Guess so .-. Oh well, I was wishing that our little blobby friend would get some unique typing. At least it gets some fairly unique abilities seeing clefable is the only thing with magic guard.

Hm? What are you confused about bro?

Rankurusu (green blob) = Psychic type + Magic Guard ability

Gochiruzeru (goth) = Magic Room attack

From pokebeach

So we ended up with the Alchemy pokemon I said I wanted earlier? Awesome. Im gonna have to run the Cell pokemon now. (Homunculus is from Alchemy)

Don't like that its psychic. Bet it will end up as Psychic/Grass.

Is recoil damage considered a secondary effect? I don't know about that but if it is imagine if Wooguru had Double-Edge, Brave-Bird and Close Combat. Double 120 base power STAB + Fighting type move for coverage, and all of those moves without the nasty side effects thanks to Encourage.
Lol , come to think of it...no nasty side effects + attack boost....is just too much hax....that's why I support people who say burn effect from fire blast would be a secondary effect.

I guess Rankurusu is a water bear or something? It'd be kinda cool if he was water/psychic but I don't know if it'd be at all useful really. Otherwise I'm in love <3

@Saif: Actually it's guaranteed so... it really isn't hax at all. Just ridiculously powerful. I think it will just be, THIS ATTACK WITH MORE DAMAGE AND NO EFFECT, no matter what the effect is, at least I hope that's how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)