Pokemon Go Unofficial Viability Rankings (Beta)

Conni

katharsis
Kinda Approved by DHR-107 Art by Sapphire.

Pokemon Go Viability Rankings
As you may know since the game Pokemon Go has been released there has been a new way of introducing how useful a Pokemon is in terms of Pokemon Go battling. In Gym battles there are Pokemon that shine in being a Gym Defender and Pokemon that simply do not either because of it's stats or movepool, in this unofficial viability rankings the council will agree on what Pokemon are suitable to defend a gym and what Pokemon aren't. Feel free to post your thoughts on the viability rankings with reasoning and the council might accept your idea.

Council
Conni
Advantage

(To be added)

Defensive Viability Rankings

S - Rank
These Pokemon are the top notch gym defenders and attackers and currently has a great mix of a good movepool, good statistics, and a significantly high Combat Power (CP) max. These Pokemon are currently the best Pokemon for your gyms and should be used if you have one.

Snorlax
Dragonite
Lapras

A - Rank
These Pokemon are also pretty good but aren't the best defenders for gyms as they at least have one flaw regarding them, they can do their job pretty well but not as good as the S Ranked Pokemon can, they're a second option if you want to dominate a lot of gyms and they can be relied on but like mentioned earlier these Pokemon aren't the best top-notch quality but can manage their way.

A+
Vaporeon
Gyarados
Hypno
Arcanine
Blastoise
Clefable
Poliwrath
Wigglytuff
Slowbro

A
Golem

Starmie
Exeggutor
Venusaur
Charizard
Machamp
A-
Flareon
Cloyster
Vileplume
Jynx
Magmar
Rapidash
Rhydon

B - Rank
These Pokemon are easily stated Mediocre since they aren't as good for gyms as the two ranks above it. B rank Pokemon aren't as good in term in CP max or movepool meaning without a good CP max and wide movepool it can't defeat Pokemon that are super-effective against it or can stall it out with their good stats. These Pokemon would be adequate choices for beginners but for late game players these Pokemon come as a last resort.

B+
Scyther
Gengar
Muk
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Marowak

Ninetales
B
Jolteon
Pinsir
Sandslash

B-
Alakazam
Electabuzz
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan

C - Rank
These are the underdogs of Pokemon Go, meaning that they are your last option in defending a gym. These Pokemon can have bad stats, a limited movepool, and a poor CP max. These Pokemon are your last option and should never be used to defend a gym if you have Pokemon in a higher rank than it since it will just be outclasses quickly, it should be used something like a placeholder or a temporary guardian to defend a gym just so that you can put another Pokemon to replace it, but like stated above, you shouldn't really consider using these Pokemon if you have better ones.

C+

Magneton
Weezing
C
Raichu
Electrode
Porygon

C-
Beedrill
Lickitung
Raticate

D - Rank
The worst of the worst, the trashiest trash in the dumpster, to be blunt these Pokemon just suck. They have no outstanding qualities and shouldn't even be used at all instead of filling out your PokeDex or just to sit down and pity them. Never consider using these Pokemon in gyms because they aren't reliable and get outclassed in an instant so just catch one of them and that's your only purpose for them, don't use it for gyms, as there is completely no reason to do so.

Onix
Dugtrio
Farfetch'd
Butterfree

Attacking Viability Rankings

S - Rank
These Pokemon are currently the best attackers due to their access to a movepool with good coverage variety and moves that have a fast DPS (Damage Per Second). They also have good overall stats, max CP to maintain their offensive skills in battle and easily challenge and defeat the defending Pokemon.

Snorlax

Dragonite

Lapras

Vaporeon

A - Rank
These Pokemon are good at their job as an attacker but aren't as good as the S Rank Pokemon. These Pokemon have good movepools with good DPS that allow them to pull out attacks quickly and defeat the opponent with fast and powerful moves, they also have good stats to maintain themselves in battle and have good max cp.

A+
Wigglytuff
Arcanine
Gyarados
Slowbro
Blastoise
Exeggutor
Venusaur

A
Poliwrath
Omastar
Tentacruel
Hypno
Machamp

A-
Clefable
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Charizard
Cloyster

B - Rank
These Pokemon are ok at attacking gyms but aren't as effective as the Pokemon in the ranks above them. These Pokemon have a decent movepool and have a moderately effective DPS that at least get a simple grasp on the opponent with ok timing and power. These Pokemon also have mediocre stats and cp max that can be semi-reliable but should only be used when dealing with gyms that don't really have a threatening Pokemon, but these Pokemon should never be used over Pokemon in higher ranks.

B+

Golem
Rhydon
Dewgong
Gengar
Flareon
B
Marowak
Sandslash
Jolteon
Magneton
Electabuzz
Rapidash
Ninetales
Pidgeot
B-
Raichu
Electrode
Magmar
Weezing

C - Rank
These Pokemon are not very good at attacking other gyms maybe because their qualities are better for defending gyms or their overall movepool and moves that access fast DPS are limited. These Pokemon might also have poor CP maxes and total states. These Pokemon shouldn't really be used for attacking as you don't have to leave a Pokemon to attack a gym unlike Pokemon defending a gym since you can attack with the same Pokemon over and over, so C rank Pokemon shouldn't really be considered using unless its a last ditch effort and all your good Pokemon are defending gyms or have other needs to tend to.

C+

C

C-

D - Rank

These Pokemon are not suitable for attacking gyms at all because they have a limited offensive movepool or have access to moves that have mediocre or poor DPS, their stats are not be as good as well as they cannot maintain themselves in battle with the player's control and their cp max would be pretty poor so they can't really take any hits or dish out any damage so these Pokemon shouldn't be considered at all for attacking gyms and probably shouldn't be used for defending gyms either if their overall features are poor.

(The viability ranking council is still making decisions so if you see that there are some Pokemon left out then it's probably because we aren't finished ranking)

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Not really sure how far this will go, but I'll let it stand for the time being.

Should be interesting to see how it goes forward, I'm not a gym battler cause I'm "too far behind". Pretty sure you should just put Onix in D Rank automatically.

Conni

katharsis
Not really sure how far this will go, but I'll let it stand for the time being.

Should be interesting to see how it goes forward, I'm not a gym battler cause I'm "too far behind". Pretty sure you should just put Onix in D Rank automatically.
Lmao. Yeah I had some Pokemon in mind but also gotta talk to the rest of the council members,
which will most likely be Pokemon Go Room Staff

Conni

katharsis
Instead of the usual S/A/B/C/D ranks, I suggest to follow the rankings of GSC Viability Rankings

They have an interesting twist that perfectly applies here :o
That made me laugh lmao
but I fear Dragonite will have it's own rank :O
no but honestly speaking the S rank probably fits for Pokemon like Vaporeon, Dragonite, Snorlax, and Lapras tbh, since they're like the top tier dawgs
nice suggestion though

edit: Does anyone know a specific website to get icon sprites for Pokemon?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Snorlax is the very best because it has excellent stats distributed by the order of importance (stamina > attack > defense). But on the top of that, its only weakness is compensated by the fact that fighting types are terrible (except poliwrath and maybe machamp), and its main move is SE on fighting.
Dragonite is behind because its weaknesses are more easily exploited, Lapras being the third best Pokémon (maybe even second?) and murdering it, or even Cloyster if you are not advanced enough to get a Lapras.

I'd start with only Snorlax Lapras and Dnite in S rank, then stuff like Vaporeon Exeggutor Wigglytuff Slowbro Poliwrath in A+

I can't go further without studying because I'll most likely forget some Pokémon, but Ican develop further once I get back from work

actually gym defence mechanics and attack mechanics are totally different, so we need 2 tiers one for defending and 1 for attacking
water Pulse vaporeon with a slower first attack is quite formidable, its one of the reasons Hypno is a very good gym defender, it has good HP stats a decent quick move and the good old 2 bar power attack.
Slowbro and clefable should be swaped around though.
and Gengar is terrible, Electabuzz is better then Jolteon also
I would perhaps raise Butterfree out of the pits of terrible as well, there is no way its as bad as dugtrio and onix, Butterfree has access to bug buzz which counters slowbro exeggutor and Hypno
other attackers who hold some weight are Parasect (solarbeam means it can kill waters 200-300 cp above) Raticate has Hyper beam
I have heard good things about Pidgeot with Hurricane as well as another underdog attacker, but I Adore using Parasect on the current meta.
the thing about Dragonite is... Gyarados gets dragon pulse (65 damage) and great CP, and the 4x ice weak doesn't help it, when we have 3 pokemon (one of which is lapras) with STAB blizzard.
what is helping snorlax is the lack of decent fighting types.
Polwrath gets Submission... which is just terrible, the hitmons have hardly any cp, Machamp... Machops are just too freaking rare and of course primeape suffers from the same problems as the hitmons.

there is also no way you can hold a gym with Golem ATM because of the bulky water problem.
then of course when Gen 2 comes out it all changes again, as projected CP for Gen 2 brings Ampharos into play, Ttar will be top tier, Porygon 2 will be nice, we will also have Kingdra

but going back to gym defending... there is little point focusing on Holding a Gym, when the game is stacked to attacking, so instead we should focus on that side of the game.
I have had plenty of things in Gyms.. my Gyarados has been in one for over a week, however the only pokemon that has notched up the "battles won" is my 91.1% Hypno with Confusion and Psychic

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
actually gym defence mechanics and attack mechanics are totally different, so we need 2 tiers one for defending and 1 for attacking
water Pulse vaporeon with a slower first attack is quite formidable, its one of the reasons Hypno is a very good gym defender, it has good HP stats a decent quick move and the good old 2 bar power attack.
Slowbro and clefable should be swaped around though.
and Gengar is terrible, Electabuzz is better then Jolteon also
I would perhaps raise Butterfree out of the pits of terrible as well, there is no way its as bad as dugtrio and onix, Butterfree has access to bug buzz which counters slowbro exeggutor and Hypno
other attackers who hold some weight are Parasect (solarbeam means it can kill waters 200-300 cp above) Raticate has Hyper beam
I have heard good things about Pidgeot with Hurricane as well as another underdog attacker, but I Adore using Parasect on the current meta.
the thing about Dragonite is... Gyarados gets dragon pulse (65 damage) and great CP, and the 4x ice weak doesn't help it, when we have 3 pokemon (one of which is lapras) with STAB blizzard.
what is helping snorlax is the lack of decent fighting types.
Polwrath gets Submission... which is just terrible, the hitmons have hardly any cp, Machamp... Machops are just too freaking rare and of course primeape suffers from the same problems as the hitmons.

there is also no way you can hold a gym with Golem ATM because of the bulky water problem.
then of course when Gen 2 comes out it all changes again, as projected CP for Gen 2 brings Ampharos into play, Ttar will be top tier, Porygon 2 will be nice, we will also have Kingdra

but going back to gym defending... there is little point focusing on Holding a Gym, when the game is stacked to attacking, so instead we should focus on that side of the game.
I have had plenty of things in Gyms.. my Gyarados has been in one for over a week, however the only pokemon that has notched up the "battles won" is my 91.1% Hypno with Confusion and Psychic
Yeah the current viability rankings are Defensive, but defensive is also a big role because then you have to rely on your stats and cp since you can't choose the moves so it's equally important, we're going to add an Attacking viability ranking as well but we're completing one by one right now.

well for defending, the important aspects are:
Higher HP stats
Fast attack as near to 2.0 seconds as possible
2 bar charge attack

being in a country where Drowzee is stupidly common, I face Hypno often, it doesnt have the CP, of the top stuff, but its better then most, but it seems to take on things at its CP level when defending if not slightly higher, due to having those 3 features.

Conni

katharsis
well for defending, the important aspects are:
Higher HP stats
Fast attack as near to 2.0 seconds as possible
2 bar charge attack

being in a country where Drowzee is stupidly common, I face Hypno often, it doesnt have the CP, of the top stuff, but its better then most, but it seems to take on things at its CP level when defending if not slightly higher, due to having those 3 features.
Hypno has decent cp at 2000cp+ but other S and A rank Pokemon have a better cp range, it may have the respective traits you suggest but it still gets walled and easily defeated by the S rank Pokemon so it's not as qualified to be in S, it can manage the other A rank Pokemon as well with it's secondary Psychic moves. It's movepool is also acceptable but still not enough to place it in S, so I think A+ is a good place for it unless there are any other arguments that are to be noted.

never said it should be moved, I'm just giving the best example of a pokemon who is superb in defence slightly above its means due to the defence mechanics, so when we consider the rankings for other things we can put that into consideration, we also have the STAB aspect.
Hypno can defeat Gengar and most bug types (due to poison) so countering it is difficult, as i said, It can hold its own against the A rank stuff.
I would move up Slowbro and Exeggutor
I see the same 7 in gyms
Dragonite
Snorlax
Lapras
Vaporeon
Arcanine
Slowbro
Exeggutor

other sites rate Wigglytuff higher then Clefable

Conni

katharsis
It's true that Wigglytuff might be rated higher than Clefable for some reasons but Clefable has more attributes that outshine Wigglytuff such as:
-Clefable has a higher CP Max than Wigglytuff (both are above 2000cp so this isn't as important)
-Clefable has access to more powerful primary moves with good DPS such as Zen Headbutt, which gives type coverage to Poison types such as Weezing and Arbok although one of Wigglytuff's main primary move is Feint Attack which has nearly the same power and DPS as Zen Headbutt but doesn't contribute to any of Wigglytuff's weaknesses.
-True that Wigglytuff has superior secondary (charge) moves and higher Stamina then Clefable but it's Base Defense is very poor at 108 and is most of what brings Wigglytuff down since it can't really take hits from Poison-type Pokemon and it doesn't really have good type coverage against it, although with Clefable it has all-around stats which are a better total than Wigglytuff's and has good type coverage which can be good both for Attacking and Defensive

So this is my reasoning for why Clefable is ranked higher than Wigglytuff, hopefully it isn't very confusing
Also this lands Clefable in A+ for Attacking Viability as well, but for Wigglytuff's poor base Defense and not as good type coverage it lands in A- for Attacking.

Would like to nominate Nidoqueen to A-. Comparing Nidoqueen to Magmar(who is in A-), it's 184/190/180 opposed to 214/158/130. Also, Queen hits most defenders Neutrally(or Super Effectively in the case of exeggutor/fire types in comparison to magmar hitting only grass types)

Mainly based off move coverage and stat spread, but I'd always thought Nidoqueen could hit harder and perform better than mons like Magmar and Vileplume

(I could also make the same argument for Nidoking)

But other than that, great, well thought out thread!

yes the nidos are quite good.
looking at the movesets, and going off what I know regarding defenceive moves.
Clefable has Dazzling gleam or moonblast to defend with for STAB.
HOWEVER Wigglytuff has Play rough which is a more sold defencive STAB fairy move, then Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast

yes the nidos are quite good.
looking at the movesets, and going off what I know regarding defenceive moves.
Clefable has Dazzling gleam or moonblast to defend with for STAB.
HOWEVER Wigglytuff has Play rough which is a more sold defencive STAB fairy move, then Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast
Haven't looked super in depth into this part of the discussion but Wigglytuff also has access to Pound, arguably one of the best fast moves in game

Conni

katharsis
Wigglytuff moved to A+
I agree with your Nidoqueen reasoning however, there is another reason to why it's in A-. Many Pokemon in the A rank are Water-type Pokemon such as Poliwrath, Gyarados, and Vaporeon which are very common and can take out Nidoqueen quite quickly with STAB super-effective water-type moves and Nidoqueen/king doesn't have any good type coverage against Water-types as well in Pokemon GO so that's the main reason why it's brought down to A-.

Wigglytuff moved to A+
I agree with your Nidoqueen reasoning however, there is another reason to why it's in A-. Many Pokemon in the A rank are Water-type Pokemon such as Poliwrath, Gyarados, and Vaporeon which are very common and can take out Nidoqueen quite quickly with STAB super-effective water-type moves and Nidoqueen/king doesn't have any good type coverage against Water-types as well in Pokemon GO so that's the main reason why it's brought down to A-.
Okay, i'd understand that, but in that case, Flareon, Rapidash, and Magmar should be B due to the same problems as Queen, right?

(also you have Queen/King in B+ instead of A-) fixed

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Okay, i'd understand that, but in that case, Flareon, Rapidash, and Magmar should be B due to the same problems as Queen, right?

(also you have Queen/King in B+ instead of A-)
Yeah I meant B+, soz. Also yeah the Fire-types suffer the same problem but also some Fire-types also suffer from Rock-type moves if they don't have coverage

dragonite's defense is extremely overrated. S tier should be pokemon that are good at defending in all situations. if you can train against a pokemon and get +1000 prestige relatively reliably... it's not an S tier defender. lapras and snorlax do not have easily exploitable weaknesses in pogo so calling them S tier makes sense. one counterpoint - dragonite's massive CP does mean that putting it in a gym means you'll be closer to the top, which could be worth it if you play the coin game.

lapras and snorlax as S tier attackers could be debatable. they actually both have subpar DPS but win 1v1s because of their high stamina. I think attacking tier lists (especially on a site like smogon) should assume that the attacker has moderate skill at dodging and weaving special attacks with basic attacks, so stamina doesn't matter as much as it would in a buttonmashing fight to the death. if you compare dragonite with snorlax, they both have the benefit of high neutral coverage, but dragonite's DPS is almost 40% higher, so it's a lot more efficient as an all-purpose attacker. lapras doesn't have great coverage so it's also not an optimal generic attacker. it's best as a counter to specific defenders... does that make it S tier?

dragonite defense: S A - easily exploitable ice weakness
snorlax offense: S - relatively low DPS but it's never a bad choice to attack with a snorlax
lapras offense: S A - relatively low DPS and poor coverage

exeggutor/arcanine offense: A - high CP, good attacks, solid neutral/type-advantaged attackers

Man this is hard to argue against. But, as far as I can see, Lapras is the most viable Dragonite check, having STAB and SE ice moves. Other notable users of ice moves:

Blizzard: Cloyster, Dewgong
Frost Breath: Cloyster, Dewgong
Ice Beam: Blastoise, Slowbro
Ice Punch: Poliwrath

Since only Cloyster and Dewgong (and Lapras) get reliable STAB Ice moves, and Cloyster/Dewgong honestly not being that good, I'd argue Dragonite to stay in S-Defense. The "easily exploitable ice weakness" imo is limited to Lapras only. Dnite also hits like a truck, and with that HP defender bonus, can shell out quite a bit of damage in gyms.

I do agree with A-Offense Lapras, nice points

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Solid job ranking these!

Noting I'm level 29 with over 1000 beaten gyms and trained. Here's my experience:

Attackers:

S-Rank:

wishes Lapras is easily an S rank attacker given its coverage is better than its parallel: Vaporeon. Vaporeon has spammable STABs that are pure Water and it still dominates in a game where Dragonite, Lapras, opposing Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Gyarados, and Slowbro (all of which resist) are the cream of the crop in gyms. Lapras is better in every stat than Vaporeon, and Ice actually hits more of those neutral than the Water Gun resists. Frost Breath is faster than the likes of Wing Attack (however, Vape trumps here due to Water Gun being faster) and Blizzard is a disk one nuke ala Hydro Pump. It is the weakest S-rank attacker, but don't change it.

The rest of the S-Ranks are pretty clear.

A-Rank:

Switch the two pink blobs. Wigglytuff's STAB Pound + Hyper Beam will do much more than Clefable can muster with Pound + Moonblast, and Play Rough is a good option on Wigglytuff as well if you want to use a Fairy for its coverage.

Arcanine is A+ due to Fire Fang + Fire Blast making it the best offensive Fire-type to counter stuff like Eggy and Lapras; it also has a great CP cap with good defenses. Bite isn't terrible either.
Exeggutor is A+ because Zen Headbutt + Solarbeam is disgusting.

Water-types: Slowbro / Gyarados / Blastoise are A+; Poliwrath / Omastar / Tentacruel are A; Golduck / Starmie / Kabutops / Kingler / Seadra are A-. They're all good, so putting them below A is a crime, but the first 3 are the best statwise and the last 5 are just outclassed.

Grass-types: Venusaur fits in A+ as a counter to the many Water-types that are basically high tier (Vine Whip / Solarbeam). Vileplume / Victreebel I'd put in A because Razor Leaf is much more ass but they still have a strong nuke in Solarbeam.

Poison-types: Both Nidos can share the same rank, as they are both virtually the same except Queen is a bit bulkier. I'd put them in A- given their weakness to the myriads of Water-types. Muk is A tier as it lacks the weakness and, given its huge CP cap, Poison Jab / Gunk Shot have strong power behind them. I'd put Weezing in B if I'm being honest because Acid (non-existent now) and Sludge Bomb only goes so far.

Put Hypno in A- as the best pure Psychic type.

Charizard in A- because Wing Attack / Fire Blast is a unique STAB combo with a good damage output. Weak to the top tiers hurts it as well as its frailty.

Machamp should go to A as Low Kick / Cross Chop provides one of the most reliable answers to Lapras and Snorlax (be wary of Zen Headbutt!) in terms of taking them down quickly. It suffers from having to face Eggy / Slowbro and not being able to do much else though.

B-Rank:

Ground-types: Golem and Rhydon are good but basically countered by p much every upper tier. B+ suits them thanks to their power that nukes everything below the high tiers. Sandslash and Marowak can go to B.

Ice-types: Dewgong and Cloyster could be B+, probably in A- but I don't have much experience with them. Ice STAB is criminally underrated bc of the small pool of Ice-types but Lapras teaches us that they're very potent. Jynx is probably B-. They are better defensively.

Fire-types: Flareon to B+ because it is a very strong attacker with the drawback of a slow fast move and not being able to do much else. Rapidash and Ninetales should be B and Magmar should be B- due to being outclassed.

Gengar with Shadow Claw / Sludge Bomb is also B+ due to its disgusting damage output, but sadly has a low CP cap in addition to the frailty that hinders it.

Electric types: This is where they should be as they suffer from crap DPS (can't outlast the Waters), frailty, and low CP caps. Jolteon / Magneton / Electabuzz should be B, Electrode / Raichu should be B-.

Pidgeot is B only if it has Wing Attack / Hurricane. It's the best pure Flying-type in the game and Hurricane is really good to nuke the Grass types and hitting neutrally on most of the game. Bulky enough to take punishment and live a charge move from a mistimed dodge.

Raticate with Bite / Hyper Beam is B- as Hyper Beam is very strong coming off it. Too frail and the CP cap kills most of its usage past that tho.

Alakazam got nerfed but Psycho Cut is decent. B because it is too damn frail to be worth using.

Primeape can go to B- for being a much frailer and inferior Machamp.

Tangela is B due to its great offensive moveset of Vine Whip / Solarbeam but it's the worst Grass-type apart from Parasect.

C-Rank:

Bug-types: They all blow bc of mostly low CP and stats but Bug Bite is a very potent move. C+ should be given to Scyther and Butterfree, as they are the best due to the Grass-resist and no weakness to Psychic moves - Bug Bite / Bug Buzz is disgustingly good. Parasect is also C+ due to being the only Bug-type with a resistance to Water and having an amazing move in Solarbeam. Pinsir, Beedrill and Venomoth should be C as the former has the shittier Fury Cutter and the latter two are weak to Psychic.

Aerodactyl gets a horrible moveset but it's okayish enough to be C+.

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are C imo. Not even worth using and they have atrocious movesets and CP caps.

Fearow and Dodrio are the worst Flying-types. Probably both C. Golbat should be C if only because of Wing Attack - it has irrelevant charge moves iirc

Kangaskhan, Tauros, and Mr. Mime are probably all here, but I've never used them due to their region exclusiveness. I could see the former two in B however.

Lickitung has Hyper Beam, a colorful and useful movepool, and it's decently strong. C is fine.

Persian is a terrible Normal-type and should be C-.

Seaking in C- due to no Water-type moves at all and having p garbage moves that are tailored to beat things it is weak against (it's not good at this).

Arbok to C- (could see in C) due to its terrible stats.

D-Rank:

Farfetch'd
Dugtrio
Chansey (only good for prestiging gyms)
Porygon
Onix

I think that covers all of the FEs.

Defenders:

I'm not dividing this by subrank given most of the mons here are ranked already.

Dragonite should still remain S simply because of its amazing stats and fantastic neutral coverage with Dragon-type moves (Steel Wing does more DPS than Dragon Breath but it's weaker against the myriad of Water-types). It is definitely the weaker of the top 3 in this regard however.

Move down Flareon / Magmar / Rapidash. They are absolutely garbage at defending when they lose to Water-types and have a very slow fast move to work with defensively. B+ fits Flareon and B fits Magmar and Rapidash - add Ninetales too.

Weezing is garbage and should be B. Inferior to Muk, lower CP, and they can no longer get Acid so those are few and far in between - having Tackle as your most reliable fast attack is ass. In contrast, Muk should be A-.

Sandslash to B+ with Marowak.

Too many Water-types are missing. I'd put most from B+ to B-. Seaking to C-.

All of the following Bug-types to D (Venomoth, Parasect, Beedrill). They just die to everything and can't abuse their niche STABs.

Golem and Rhydon lose to most of the high tiers but stone wall some things so C+ is fitting.

Pidgeot to C as Wing Attack / Hurricane makes it the best Flying-type basically. Dodrio and Fearow are C-.

Persian is C-.

Magneton is far too low. It should share a rank with Electabuzz.

Chansey to D.

I realize I wrote a lot x_x but everything else I don't really feel strong against or for.

This is lit.

Kingler A-> B
Kabutops A-> B

I do see Kinger and Kabutops being decent offensively, but those HP and defensive stats are just disgusting. Neither can really live any hits, compared to the bulkier attackers. I do however, respect that mad damge output

Raticate B- >C+
While I definitely agree with the poits about STAB Hyper Beam, like the other two mons mentioned above, Raticate can't live a single hit either

But damn i like the amount of time put into this

dragonite is stupidly strong, even with Ice type weakness, especially given the ice types don't have that great CP. just need to see Jolteons being caned by Vaporeons for that.

Snorlax has STAB hyperbeam
Parasect would defo be higher, its one of the first things I pick for gym clearing, due to water resistance and Solar beam, easily makes up for his lack of CP, even beats vaporeons higher then it, I dont see what your problem is, people rate Parasect as one of those underated gym clearers, as is Raticate with Hyper beam and Pidgeot with Hurricane.
Gengar in hypno heavy areas is a complete waste as well.
I did try an electrode, it was surprisingly good.
My Gyarados has Dragon Pulse, which given Gyarados' high CP, is quite potent against Dragonites.
Kingler would actually be a decent attacker... if it didn't have junk movesets
only Electric type worth anything attacking wise is Electabuzz and having one in an attacking team is required for Gyarados.
I actually go in attacking with Vaporeon, Gyarados, Electabuzz and Parasect in whatever order i need them, and 2 other slots for a Hypno (high CP one, or one with shadowball for removing other hypnos :pimp:) and something else.
Magmar also has ember+fireblast
due to being in a Hypno heavy area and due to the number of exeggutor turning up, I might give Butterfree a go as I have one with Bug bite and Bug Buzz, and is fairly easy to keep a a decent level due to caterpies being common.

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Dnite remains S since Lapras is the only good check to Dragonite and the other Ice-types (Jynx eg.) can get defeated by Dragonite easily so it remains S
On mobile right now so I'll fix the changes when I get back home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)