XY OU Pokemon is a good game (1k RMT)

Hi guys. While I don't normally RMT teams, I felt like doing so now mainly because I several WCOP teams were posted and I felt like posting one of my own despite me losing with it against Soulgazer (damn slowking) and this is my 1k post so I might as well. When I built this team, I knew that Mega Aerodactyl was a good place to start considering it does pretty well against offensive, which is what Soulgazer tends to play despite never making his own OU teams. I didn't really want to use offense again because that's what I used against Pttp and I felt like balance would work better here because I really didn't have much of an idea of what Soulgazer would use. No fancy formatting because I'm lazy.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Rock Slide

Outside of being really fat, Hippowdon sets up SR and checks a number of threats that this team couldn't switch into or has some issues dealing with, like Terrakion, Scarf Chomper, Thundurus, etc. The moveset is fairly standard and not really much to discuss. I chose Rock Slide over Stone Edge because I for the reliable damage that it provides for hitting Thundurus, and preventing myself from being complete setup fodder for Dragonite, Talonflame, Mega Pinsir. The EV spread is just the standard spread from the analysis that allows you to take on Mega Pinsir and Aegislash, reliably get up SR, and check a ton of things.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

Basically, like I said earlier, Mega Aero matchups pretty well against offense which is what Soulgazer mostly plays. With this is in mind, I went with a more offensive set for this team. Ice Fang hits Gliscor which I found out was a big issue sometime after the match. Fire Fang hits Skarmory and Ferrothron. Aerial Ace and Stone Edge are good for STAB. It pairs well with Hippowdon's sand because in the case that I face an RP Landorus, under Sand I can take any hit after rocks and kill it with Ice Fang. Roost isn't a bad option to use to be able to better check Talonflame and Mega Pinsir but I don't really think that I can afford to lose on the coverage I have.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Keldeo is here to check Bisharp, revenge Landorus, and help pressure stall teams. The moveset is really standard and there really isn't much to talk about. I chose Icy Wind over HP Flying because Mega Aerodactyl, Talonflame and Latias scare out Mega Venusaur so I felt like Icy Wind was better to deal with Lati@s on the switch and revenge Dragonite and non-scarf Garchomp. I thought about using CM Life Orb but I don't really have a reliable way to beat the Lati twins so I went against that idea. Otherwise I could use LO Calm Mind and be able to put a lot of pressure on stall team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Ferrothorn was the last mon I added because I was really weak to Azumarill/Gyarados at that point and I needed a steel type. I do have Thunderbolt on Latias but if Azu came in like Hippo / Keldeo, it was an issue. Ferrothorn fixes that issues fairly well, at least before the Aegislash ban. Nowadays a lot more Azumarill's are running Superpower so Ferrothorn is a good check rather than a strong check as it was before. The EVs have been changed now to be able to about the 2HKO from AV Azumarill which is better now.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Latias is here to basically deal with Zard Y and Keldeo. The EVs spread give it a Life Orb number and some bulky for taking Greninja's Ice Beam from full. I originally had Healing Wish over Roost but the way this team is built games aren't usually short so Roost is better for that reason because being able to Defog multiple times is really handle to have. Thunderbolt is mainly Azumarill and Mandibuzz. It does leave me more susceptible to Bisharp / Tyranitar but both are handled fairly well by the rest of the team.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 228 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

This was originally a Heatran but because this team is so weak to stall I recently changed it to Talonflame. Since my team has a huge weakness to stall, this Talonflame set fits better for the team. The set is really nice to burn just about everything on stall and slowly weak them down. This works really well against stall teams that don't carry Zard X who can just 2HKO me with Dragon Claw. The EVs are meant to be able to take out Keldeo from roughly 75% and making the 2HKO on Zard Y very well in my favor while the rest maximizes bulk.

It's a decent team, outside of the WCOP match I used it in, it played fine. Thundurus and Gliscor are probably the most annoying things to this team when I originally made this, but now that Aegislash is gone Mega Medicham and Mega Gardevoir can be added to the list of problematic Pokemon. Probably doesn't have the success that other WCOP teams that have been posted do but whatever. I really just needed something for my 1k post. Feel free to rate or comment.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Rock Slide

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 228 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-o-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Nog Halcyon. Jaiho ShootingStarmie ben gay Tokyo Tom fingerscrossed shartruce2 Nova Imanalt Kushalos Laga Molk Don Honchkrorleone Haunter

You guys are my bros. Probably the only reason I haven't quit this game yet, despite me saying I will time after time in skype calls after I get mad when I try to ladder and get haxxed.

Everyone from afrabs. It was fun chilling on IRC and talking despite not doing as well this year.

Stathakis Zamrock Moony sugarhigh Riles

I just recently met you guys but you're chill so heres a shoutout.

Dice for introducing to me league.

Gary2346 :[

Last edited:
Hello I would recommend a cm stored power clef over talon to help with stall and balanced. Also giving a very good win condition. Talonflame struggles with stall since it is weak as fuck but cm stored power clef allows you to beat common stall cores like Chandra mega vein tran skarm quag filler. Also since you are running stored I would use hp fire lati. Run spdef thorn so you live hyper voice + focus blast after rocks because mega hard is a threat. Also Tbilisi doesn't do anything to cube and they just set up. Stored power clef beats glia or and cube granted they switch in on a cm whoh shouldn't be hard since this team forces a lot of switches

Last edited:
I really like your team. It looks really solid. Also replacing Talonflame would make the team more weak to Gliscor since Talonflame can outstall it. Also without thunderbolt on Latias the team becomes more Suicune weak.

wowie muh boi tony moving up in life, am proud n_n. That being said I think you should have perfected this team if your going to make it your 1,000th post but guess that's what I'm here for. Things I would change would be making it stone edge>rock /slide on hippo. Accuracy can be a btch, specially for u but its needed to secure some ohkos/2hkos such as against mega pinsir and ohkoing thundy after sr, slide is too weak imo and the flinch chance is negligible compared to that of a crit :x. Another thing would be aqua tail>ice fang on aero. They hit the same things but have the added benefit of ohking terrak which is nice. the things you hit with ice fang(chomp,scor,land-t) are lured in by talon as it can just burn or stall it out with taunt. Ferrothorn should also have knock off>gyro ball as knocking off a suicune's lefties so that keld can 3hko it with sword or a clef/heatran so that talon can stall it out easier is too good to pass up. Gyro ball doesn't hit anything that you have trouble with also besides I guess kyu-b but that should be played around by clever double-switching :s. Latias appears to be your only reliable switchin to keldeo, and as it is often paired up with pursuit that can be a problem. To mitigate that, I would suggest putting hp fighting>tbolt on it so you can eliminate bisharps or scarftars trying to pursuit trap you(for scarftar just recover stall till sand runs out and ohko it with hp fight after sr). Tbolt doesn't have much other use besides hitting azu but ferro can beat that handily and your team pressures it enough. One optional change you can make would be bulk up>wisp on flame. How the team structure is set up, it can prepare for a talon sweep tbh. With knock off ferro to weaken land-t, hippo for thund, and a majority of the team beating ttar, not only can this be a win condition, but also an avid stallbreaker(watch out for quag tho). While this team does have its fair share of problems on paper for ex. gren, well played off. mega venu, submegawile, gengar/gard/cham with sr up etc, being able to bluff certain sets such as bandtalon and latias' coverage move should be able to circumvent some of these issues. Ultimately, its up to the player to be able to look past these issues and try to secure a win out of it but overall its a solid team. You can try alternative mon slots if you are unhappy with any of these changes but I tried to maintain the integrity of the team so yah. GJ on making a semi-hipstur team tho :0

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)