ORAS OU Pokemon ORAS OU Mega Sableye Team

What are some improvements I can make to make to my team.

• Total voters
I only recently got into playing wifi battles this generation and I wanted to share what I believe to be my most successful team. That being said I am also open to suggestions on improvements for this team.

Mega Sableye

Sableye is the entire reason for this team, I loved it right when I laid eyes on it in Sapphire.
This Sableye isn't meant to be a sweeper because I use other Pokemon for that. He is meant to be tanky his physical defense is just monstrous and then I can burn other physical attackers. It can still be a threat even without mega evolution because of prankster, so before I mega evolve I can get off a Will-O-Wisp or a clutch recover. With magic bounce I believe it becomes one of the better defensive Pokemon in the tier. Because it can not be toxic Stalled, and it can burn physical attackers. I normally lead off with it in order to discourage most stealth rockers. I also noticed that this guy can shut down most fighting types like Conkeldurr as it is immune to drain punch and mach punch, knock off does nothing, and the only thing it can really do is hit with ice punch and hope for a freeze.

Sableyite (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Shadow Ball/Dazzling Gleam

Crobat

Crobat has become one of my favorite Pokemon competitively. With infiltrator subs are nothing to this guy. Brave Bird does a lot of damage to any Pokemon, and this Crobat out speeds positive 120 (ex. Alakazam) U-turn helps me get the upper hand when I feel like the opponent will switch. Roost I feel is mandatory on a bulky Crobat. Defog is on here because if I make a mistake and switch out MS then they can get up rocks which do a lot to a team over time and hurts other members to my team. But I have also ran toxic on Crobat in order to help cripple sweepers and walls. I just found myself needing to have defog more than toxic. I have also used Acrobatics over Brave Bird and found that they both do around similar damage. This really just comes down to preference.

Pimpbat (Crobat) @ Black Sludge/None
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird/Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Defog/Toxic
- Roost

Chansey

Just saying that name gives me goosebumps. Chansey is by far one of the most annoying Pokemon to fight against, but it is also one of the best Pokemon to have. Chansey along with Sylveon makes a very deadly core as fighting is resisted by Sylveon. The first two moves are soft-boiled and Seismic Toss. Both are very common on a Chansey, and with its ability Natural Cure I found that I don't need heal bell on this Pokemon. The other moves are Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. I almost always bring in Chansey on any type of special attacker, and that forces them to switch out and go in to something that can take on Chansey better. Insert Stealth Rock as it almost always lets me set up my rocks. T-Wave is purely for annoyance and to cripple a previous threat. I have had many instances where people forfeit after their Pokemon is T-Waved.

Momma (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Sylveon

Sylveon is the counterpart to Chansey as it deals with not only fighting types, but the numerous amounts of dragons in the tier. It serves as the cleric of the team. Mainly used for wish passing which comes in very handy for other Pokemon on the team. Wish/Protect doesn't need much explaining. Heal Bell again doesn't need much explaining, it is here in case one of my other Pokemon besides from Chansey or Sableye gets burned, frozen, paralyzed, put to sleep, or poisoned. The last move is Hyper Voice, I have Hyper Voice as it goes through Subs, and does ridiculous damage. Despite first glance Sylveon doesn't look like it would be able to take many physical hits. But at full health it was about to take a +3 Extreme Speed from Dragonite. It has also taken many +2 Earthquakes from other dragons like Garchomp and again Dragonite. This thing is the ultimate dragon killer

Ribbons (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Magnezone

Magnezone is one of my sweepers. He carries games on his back nearly all the time. He compliments Sylveon very nicely, as steel types are tempted to come out to bop Sylveon with an Iron Head. But Magnezone resists that very nicely and then can trap the steel type and hit it with a Thunderbolt or HP fire. The move set is pretty much self explanatory, Volt Switch allows me to keep up momentum and see if their steel type has a shell bell (an item that allows a Pokemon to switch regardless of abilities.) Thunderbolt is the main STAB meant to deal the most damage out of all of the moves that I have on him. Hidden Power Fire is meant for trapping Scizor and other steel types and then kill them very easily. Flash Cannon is my secondary STAB meant to take care of other Sylveon's.

Autozone (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Darmanitan

I noticed that I had an absence of physical attackers on the team, and I had a weakness to fire, which is why Darmanitan was the best choice for this position. Nearly Nothing lives a banded Darm's Flare Blitz. Some Bulky water types gets two hit k-oed by Darm! That is ridiculous, nothing that doesn't have some sort of resistance will live a hit by this guy. But on the down side is the recoil, which is why Sylveon and him go together really well. Sylveon can pass wishes to him and restore his health so he can keep on killing. The moves are Flare Blitz, this move alone gets about three kills a game. Not ever game, but of the games that I can remember this move has been the death of many. U-turn is here for me to see if they are going to switch into their water or fire type Pokemon to take the incoming hit. I don't really find myself using the other two moves, only in unique situations, like when I am fighting a flying type like Dragonite. Or when I am fighting a Pokemon Like Snorlax with thick fat. So I have three moves I tend to bounce a round. I do like to keep Earthquake on him though, as it is a very powerful attack and doesn't have the downside of recoil.

Truck (Darmanitan) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide/Super Power

So this is my team, Sableye is the focus of the team, Sableye trying to bait out fairies for Magnezone, and Chansey helping with Sableyes weaker sp. defense side. Sylveon dealing with dragons and being a way to heal the team, and Darmanitan here to make up for the lack of physical presence. If anyone has suggestions about how to improve my team I am more than willing to listen.

Attachments

IMO I would probably switch crobat out for some kinda of grass special attacking mon (Serperior) so you can deal with rain teams

Serperior Set:
Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt

Edit #1 Your missing 256 EVS on darmanitan

Thank you for your input, this team is on my ds I just quickly put the team on Showdown so I had something to copy and paste, it has 252 in attack and 4 in defense, but would Magnezone not be able to handle rain teams that well, I never fought one before.

Thank you for your input, this team is on my ds I just quickly put the team on Showdown so I had something to copy and paste, it has 252 in attack and 4 in defense, but would Magnezone not be able to handle rain teams that well, I never fought one before.
It cant handle swampert which is on like 90% of those teams, in fact your team could pretty easily get swept by a rest/bulk up/sleep talk/ scald gastradon

Gastrodon can't learn bulk up, but I do see how Mega Swampert would be a problem. My best switch would be Mega Sableye taking around half and then try to hit a will-o-wisp.

Gimmick

Electric potential
utility m-sableye, frail defog crobat, standard.chansey, cleric sylveon, scarf magnezone, band darmanitan

Hey there!

What an odd team you got thurr! I'm gonna base this rate off of the fact that this team is supposedly built around M-Sableye. So first thing that seems off is that you have a Magnezone with nothing that benefits from it... at all. Since your Sylveon is a cleric and not specs, trapping Steels won't help Sylveon "sweep" since it's not going to be doing much damage to anything that isn't weak to it anyway. I guess it can trap Skarmory for Crobat to spam Brave Bird, but Sableye and CB Darmanitan already punish teams enough if you predict a switch into Skarm. You mentioned that Magnezone is your sweeper, but against a good competitive team, Timid Scarf Magnezone really fails to deliver results outside of trapping Steels. With that out of the way, I'd like to mention that SD Talonflame is a huge problem for your team since Scarf Zone cannot outspeed. It's very easy for it to set up as well, as it gets a free SD on Sylveon, Chansey, Sableye, Magnezone locked into HP Fire or Flash Cannon, and Darmanitan locked into EQ. Your team is very passive, and your two offensive Pokemon struggle against practically every set-up Pokemon in the tier so you'd have to play flawlessly to not lose to them. Things like DD Zard X, DD M-Altaria, Belly Drum Azu, SD Bisharp, and Gyarados can plow through your team with minimal boosts and find a ton of opportunities to set up.

To aid with this problem, I suggest replacing Darmanitan with CB Entei. CB Entei maintains your desire to have a strong physical fire mon, but it's a much better choice for all Balance/Semi-Stall teams as well as your team in particular. This is because Entei has the ability to spread status with Sacred Fire and gives you access to powerful +2 priority in ExtremeSpeed to aid with things like Talonflame and BD Azumarill. Spreading status is amazing for balance and semi-stall builds and your team appreciates it to spread burns along with Sableye. Next, so Sableye isn't complete setup fodder for all those aforementioned threats, I recommend you to replace Shadow Ball with Foul Play. Foul Play prevents Zard X and Talonflame from setting up on your face and generally has a ton more utility than a weak Shadow Ball.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bulldoze
- Flare Blitz

Next, your team lacks a solid way to... win. Nothing but Entei/Darmanitan puts pressure on opposing teams and your only hazard is Stealth Rock. Since Magnezone doesn't really do much of anything since it's niche isn't being used, I think you should try out a SubCM Raikou over Magnezone. Your team already provides excellent support for a SubCM Raikou since you have Wish, Heal Bell, Thunder Wave, AND Burn support, so it's almost a natural fit. SubCM Raikou does everything Magnezone already does for your team, but it can actually clean/sweep teams once you spread status and weaken opposing checks. Since you don't want to go full stall, having a win condition is very important to pressure opposing teams. Here's a set with a custom EV spread for your team:

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
The EVs are actually funnily specific: the HP investment makes sure that a burned Ferrothorn never breaks your Substitute with Power Whip (lol): 0 Atk burned Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 78-92 (21.1 - 24.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery. The reason I decided on this is because having set-up opportunities is important and Ferrothorn is usually an ideal switch into Raikou, so you can abuse that if you get a burn on Ferro with M-Sableye. Non-burned Gyro Ball still breaks the Sub, but because you have Wish support, you can stall out Ferrothorn's Gyro Balls with Pressure and Sub.

Just realized I suggested 2 legendary doges, but oddly enough, they fit nicely on your team. Anyway, with Magnezone gone, you lose a precious Steel type to switch into physical fairies like CB Azu and DD Altaira. A 64 HP Crobat which is weak to rocks isn't going to help much either since it's 2HKOd after Rocks by a +0 DD Altaira. I really despise suggesting replacing more than 1 Pokemon in a rate, let alone TWO, but I honestly think that your team would be better off with Skarmory over Crobat. SkarmChans is difficult to give up, and it may be cliche, but it's very effective. Skarmory is a much better answer to set-up mons since it can take infinitely more hits and has Whirlwind support which is desperately needed for your team to beat set-up mons. Not to mention it's a much, much better answer to Landorus-T which can just click Earthquake against everything and eventually catch Crobat with a Stone Edge. Skarmory is a straight up counter to Lando-T and forces Scarf variants into U-turn just by having it on your team. For this reason, I recommend the following set:

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Defog / Spikes
Rocky Helmet punishes Landorus-T for going for U-turn over and over while Iron Head is nice for the Fairies that you lose out on with Magnezone gone. I also prefer Iron Head whenever I use Rocky Helmet since Leftovers doesn't make up for Brave Bird's recoil damage. Since you wanted Defog on Crobat, I opted to slash Defog first on Skarm, but I honestly think Spikes is better for your team. Because you have a Magic Bouncer and Spinblocker, you have the ability to pressure opposing teams to Defog anyway with Spikes + Stealth Rock. However, T-Spikes become a problem since your win-con is a bulky SubCM Raikou, which definitely doesn't appreciate infinite poison. That's why the choice between Defog and Spikes should be all yours.

I know I suggested replacing half your team, but I made sure the typings and roles were practically the same--just upgraded to more effective Pokemon that handle threats to your team a lot more efficiently. With that, I'm done! Good luck!

btw, here's what your team looks like after the changes:

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestions, and I don't mind that you suggested half of my team away. The main reason why I posted my team was to get other peoples thoughts on it. Like I said I have only really got into battling other people this generation so I am not that great of a team builder lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)