Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the speculations of a sequel going around, I thought that it'd be a good idea to start a discussion of D/P's possible follow-up game. What would you like to see in this new game? Move Tutours? The battle frontier? New pokemon forms? Discuss it all here, and make sure you vote on the poll :D
The info in this thread will be updated as soon as more comes out. Check it every now and again ;)

The news so far:

Giratina to have a new form in this 'sequel'? Taken from Serevii.net:

An update from the 11th Movie site revealed something quite perculiar. It unveiled a new form of Giratina. This form has a different Height and Weight to the Giratina we know, being 6.9m high and 650kg while the one we currently have is 4.5m and 750kg. This for is designated 'The Origin Form'. We do not know to what end this form is utilised and if it will be in any future games, but the official site does list those statistics as well as its type so it is possible we will see this Giratina in a future game in the same means as the Deoxys forms in the 3rd gen. Below is a picture of the form:

Rumours on what is in the third game, as well as a title (entirely possible) - from Serebii.net:

In the run up to thursday's CoroCoro release, info is likely to be leaked. As such, the Japanese blog, blue skY, a blog that got some info right prior to DP's release (also got some stuff wrong), has reported some new info said to be from CoroCoro. Ir's entirely possible that this isn't true, especially as they themselves cast some doubt upon it, but here;s the info as you do have a right to know:
  • Pokemon Platinum, set for September release. Giratina on the box.
  • Volkner no longer the Gym Leader of Sunyshore City
  • Underground is Wifi enabled
  • An island called the battle island, works in the same manner as the Battle Frontier in Emerald
  • Several new pokemon 'forms' exist in the game: Giratina's 'Origin Form', Regigigas' 'Sky Form', Shaymin's 'Another Form'
The actual scans of the third game will come back at some point during the week and we'll always have up-to-minute coverage so be sure to keep checking back.

Breaking news!
Edit @ 13:56 BST: Thanks to slowkingsley on the forums, we have some further info regarding these translated. Giratina & Regigigas' new forms are said to be able to get the Levitate ability and Shaymin's Another form may be at least part Ice Type
-----------------------------------------------------

Footage:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm3036843
This one shows Shaymin's dark flowers.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2608952
This one has a lot of footage of Giratina's new form.

Oh, yeah, and since a lot of people don't have niconico accounts: http://otakujapan.seesaa.net/article/71453823.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www2.uploda.org/uporg1418032.jpg - shows some info on the new game, but not confirmed.

Those two screenshots, but bigger: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/platinum/02.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RIGHT NOW, all we know as FACT is:
The game's called Platinum
It's the 3rd in the D/P set of games
There's a new Giratina form that you battle at Spear Pillar in place of Dialga or Palkia
Said Giratina form is featured in the upcoming movie
The main character's outfit is different
The battle screen looks slightly different at one point
It's supposed to come out in Japan later this year

Like I've said on SPPf board, if it's true..then it'd be cool, especially the new "battle frontier" thing and Underground Wi-Fi (Think of easier Spiritomb SR now).

Ya, I just checked serebii and saw this. I so hope it's true, I'd love that. Also, does anybody know if it will be like emerald and you can catch dialga and palkia? This probably won't happen, but would it be possible to have a double battle with both of them?

Thanks alot ;)
Also sigging this thread.

That would be great. I don't think it'll happen in a double battle though :/

Ya, I know. If they did, it would be a first. It would be cool, though :). It would be harder to SR though. Maybe you battle them twice, like once there and once in caves somewhere in single battles. Either way, it would suck if you couldn't catch both

Thanks for sigging the thread!
If there is a sequel, I can -almost- gurantee it will have both legends. Crystal: Ho-oh AND Lugia, Emerald: Kyogre AND Groudon.

Yeah, the Return of the Battle Frontier along with it's tutours would be awsome ^^
well, tutor will be on for sure, because:
If anyone know, a new version of DS will be launched soon (maybe with this new pkm game?) and this new DS lite, will support gba advance no more, so I'll add more speculation, maybe going a little of topic but: No palpark, so for sure moves tutor in the new game (or games?) I mean, will they remake G/S/C too?
And with Kanto legends?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I always knew there may be a return of the Battle Frontier, so weird natures may see a return with battle palace again.

There was a discussion on a GSC sequel a while back, and the info pointed towards a remake. I'll find the link...

I personally hope that tutours will come back - it would inspire many more people to start breeding :D

Thanks for sigging the thread!
If there is a sequel, I can -almost- gurantee it will have both legends. Crystal: Ho-oh AND Lugia, Emerald: Kyogre AND Groudon.
Ya, I guess

well, tutor will be on for sure, because:
If anyone know, a new version of DS will be launched soon (maybe with this new pkm game?) and this new DS lite, will support gba advance no more, so I'll add more speculation, maybe going a little of topic but: No palpark, so for sure moves tutor in the new game (or games?) I mean, will they remake G/S/C too?
And with Kanto legends?
I don't see them eliminating pal park anytime soon.

I just had another thought, though. What if Jasmine becomes gym leader of the 8th gym? Didn't the previous leader say he wanted to go to the elite 4? maybe he left to try! Also, that would lead up to a gold and silver remake without jasmine (she would be in sinnoh)

Don't get your hopes up it mayu be a hoax like the supposed remakes of G?S boxes that thje showed on Serebii a while back

I just had another thought, though. What if Jasmine becomes gym leader of the 8th gym? Didn't the previous leader say he wanted to go to the elite 4? maybe he left to try! Also, that would lead up to a gold and silver remake without jasmine (she would be in sinnoh)
I second this. Like in Emerald, the 8th gym leader became the Elite Four champ (Wallace)

This just seems too fake for me.

All of those different forms are totally over doing it, and If I wanted ingame battles (not wifi) I'd personally stick with emerald- the animitions don't take forever and it's not boring.

Platinum? Why Platinum? D/P/P? Why would they do that?

hhmh I hope there will be 2 things:
~a regigigas with another trait
~battle frontier(i loved the one in emerald...btw i got all 6 gold symbols lol)

Regi-useless have another form? I'm stunned that they wasted their time on him (j/k). When are they going to show Shaymin and Regi-garbage another forms? Can't wait to see them.

I also hope the D/P sequel is a GSC remake.

If there was WiFi underground, how would it work? Would there be rooms or what? If you think about it, the place would be absolutely FULL.

If there was WiFi underground, how would it work? Would there be rooms or what? If you think about it, the place would be absolutely FULL.
My only guess is they use "rooms" depending on where you are in the world. Like sections I guess, but the only place you register where you are is GTS- and you don't have to do it.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't get why Platinum when they've got other names copyrighted... somethinggold and somethingsilver iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)