Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I still think it's waaaay too early for a D/P remake, I wouldn't mind so much if we got some sort of Alternate Universe Sinnoh, as seen in that video. That would actually be kind of cool. ^^
honestly, I don't feel it's too early.
We've had a good 2 Years of DP.
Time for something new...

honestly, I don't feel it's too early.
We've had a good 2 Years of DP.
Time for something new...
I meant it was too early because we haven't had another game in the main series since D/P. I don't really want to play a remake of the same game I've been playing since April of last year.

So yeah, it is time for something new.

I meant it was too early because we haven't had another game in the main series since D/P. I don't really want to play a remake of the same game I've been playing since April of last year.

So yeah, it is time for something new.
a GSC remake?
while not new persay, it would be cool to experience 16 badge, 2 legendary catching filled fun. again

It is easier and cheaper to remake the same game (IE: Diamond / Pearl -> Opal or whatever it is) in comparison to remaking another game with the same engine (IE: FireRed from Emerald). I expect a D/P remake first only because it would be cheaper and a faster source of $$ for Nintendo.

Don't expect a G/S remake any time soon, kids. The newest movie seems to have been made with the sole intention to promote Platinum.

I'm kinda excited. Hell, I know I'll buy it even if it is a junky "third version" rehash... hopefully we see a few cool learnset additions, aye? There's already rumblings of a Volt Tackle Luxray.

On a different note, perhaps the reason why Volkner is no longer the leader of Sunyshore is because Cyrus defeats him and takes over the city.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i just think he will become the gym leader since the people there dont know that he is the leader of Team something(can't remember). XP
Clearly Giovanni will be the new Sunnyshore Gym Leader.

Where else do you think he's been hiding/vacationing?

While I still think it's waaaay too early for a D/P remake, I wouldn't mind so much if we got some sort of Alternate Universe Sinnoh, as seen in that video. That would actually be kind of cool. ^^
That would rock. Like, instead of Cyrus summoning Dialga and/or Palkia, he summons Giratina and opens a portal to the alternate universe. Then you would have to go in and catch Giratina

a GSC remake?
while not new persay, it would be cool to experience 16 badge, 2 legendary catching filled fun. again
That was defenitely my favorite part, the game never ended.

On a different note, perhaps the reason why Volkner is no longer the leader of Sunyshore is because Cyrus defeats him and takes over the city.
I like that theory, but didnt we already have an evil 8th gym leader?

The abbreviations are gonna be weird though lol. I mean:

RBY -> GSC -> RSE -> DPP?

Maybe it's just me.
Yea, I think that DPO would be better abbreviation-wise, but i think platinum is what they will do

Hahaha. i miss Team Rocket. why did they have to replace them in the first place.
I liked them too. But either way, the minions are wimps. They use freaking SILCOONS!

regarding the video, i dont think that that is proof of a new shaymin form. i think all it is is an attack animation.

personally, i doubt shaymin is going to be part ice at all. which disappoints me too, i love the ice/grass type options. i want abomasnow without auto-hail dammit!!

I love the grass type, and I love Shaymin, so I definitely think he needs a boost. But making him part Ice is not the way to go. The only advantage it offers in neutrality to ice attacks. If they're going to add a second type, it needs to offer more than that. Grass/Ice and Shaymin is still lousy in OU/BL.

EDIT: Just some thoughts on type combos for Shaymin. Grass/Fire has only 3 weaknesses: Poison, Flying and Rock. Not bad. And Grass/Electric is only weak to Fire, Ice, Poison and Bug. And since Poison isn't really a concern at all, Grass/Fire only really has 2 weaknesses to worry about, and Grass/Electric has only 3.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It would be cooler if Shaymin had three more forms: Summer form (Grass/Fire), Winter form (Grass/Ice), and Autumn form (Grass/Ghost). The pure Grass one is the Spring version, and it would change forms based on the DS internal clock (and maybe the GTS location, as it would be strange for Brazilians and Australians to have their Winter form only in December >_>).

I can dream, right? ;[

It would be cooler if Shaymin had three more forms: Summer form (Grass/Fire), Winter form (Grass/Ice), and Autumn form (Grass/Ghost). The pure Grass one is the Spring version, and it would change forms based on the DS internal clock (and maybe the GTS location, as it would be strange for Brazilians and Australians to have their Winter form only in December >_>).

I can dream, right? ;[
Hey
It would be cool
Good idea

I got one question relating to these new forms: There are people who like to get into these games and find everything item and pokemon programmed into the game (like Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, and berries 61-64 in D/P, the GS Ball and Celebi in G/S/C, and the finding of the non-Hoenn pokemon in R/S before the official announcement of FR/LG being produced). So why weren't any of these found in the data of Diamond and Pearl? Also, could it be remotely possible that for all 3 of these forms that, similar to Deoxys in the GBA generation, they would only be obtainable in the 'Platinum' version and if traded to D/P they would revert to the original forms??

It's like when R/S where the latest releases - since there wasn't an Emerald, there wasn't a speed form. The new forms will be programmed into the new games, not D/P.

All I want is the option to do a random battle instead of requiring friend codes. Retreiving a friend code to battle is time consuming and too much of a hassle. I don't care if its like PBR just give me the option.

If they are going to have a Battle Frontier, why not make that Wi-Fi enabled? The Battle Dome would be great with HUMAN opponents. Battle Tower is fine as it is with downloadable trainers, but would it be possible to be able to battle human opponents with that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)