Pokemon Seminar - Maximizing Your Odds of Winning (August 14th, 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello all! I am proud to announce a special event here at Battling 101, a Pokemon Seminar. In this, a few selected Pokemon Professors will give a lecture on IRC about Pokemon (what else?)

This lecture will give you a chance to pick up some great tips from some of the best battlers on Smogon. It also gives those of you who have trouble getting into the program a chance to get a bit of tutoring. There will also be ample time for some Q&A at the end.

Here are the specifics of the seminar:
Date: August 14th, 2010
Time: 8 PM EST (GMT -5)
Place: A channel (TBA) on IRC

Here is something for time help: http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=14&month=8&year=2010&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=179 Use New York time

The subject of the lecture, as stated in the thread title, is Maxmizing Your Odds of Winning. Examples of things to be included in this seminar are double switching and scouting (among other things).

The chosen lecturers will be announced soon.

If you're not sure how to get onto IRC, please ask questions or follow the guide here: http://www.smogon.com/irc/

I hope this gets some interest! The staff of B101 gave this a lot of thought and I hope it works out well. Please post here if you're interested or have any questions.

The people running this include Philip7086, husk, Kevin Garrett, and reachzero!
The channel is: #b101seminar

I hope everybody interested in getting tutored, or people that just generally want to improve their battling skills attend this seminar. If you plan on showing up, please post so we know what to expect. Thanks, and see you soon!

The original post says that the lecture is on July 14th 2010, but was posted on August 6th 2010. What am I not getting?

EDIT: If I can figure out IRC, I'd like to be there.

EDIT2: Okay.

Sounds cool! I'll probably be there.
Is it going to be more of a introduction, or something worthwhile for even fairly good battlers?

As a longtime lurker who really hasn't found a way to "jump in" to the community, I love this idea, and I'll be sure to be there.

Hard to tell if I'll be able to make it at this point (I still run into problems with IRC), but I'll try to attend.

I would love to attend, but I don't think that I could make it because of time-zone related problems.
Is there any chance that the session can be recorded and put on the Smogon's YouTube Channel? :)

As someone who has trouble getting involved in B101 because I'm not very active on smogon's forum, this seems like a great opportunity. I'm glad that being part of smogon's facebook group has finally been useful to me. :P
I'll definitely be attending.
I apologize for any gratuitous spelling errors, my phone's spell check is very primitive.

This sounds very interesting, although I'm not quite sure if I'll attend. After the date/time is posted I may be able to tell though.

Well since I didn't make it to the tutor signups in time, I guess I'll be coming to the lecture. Hmm... might have trouble with the time but ehh.. what the hell I'll try.

Oh and I would be real grateful if someone saved a log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)