Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me that's not just a fail safe. I want to waste a Z-Move with "Mega" Struggle. XD

As for the boring moves, the pattern seems to be this: (Warning Math)

x = Base Power and y = Z Power

If x < 50 then y = 100
If 50 > x > 85 then 2x = y
If x < 85 then (x - 85) + (85 * 2) = y

In other words, 100 is the minimum Z Power and if the Base Power is less than 85, it's doubled. If the Normal Power is greater than 85, Then everything up to 85 gets Doubled, but the amount of power over 85 is just added on.
What about Spark? That doesn't fit your formula, and neither does Iron Tail.

Please tell me that's not just a fail safe. I want to waste a Z-Move with "Mega" Struggle. XD

As for the boring moves, the pattern seems to be this: (Warning Math)

x = Base Power and y = Z Power

If x < 50 then y = 100
If 50 > x > 85 then 2x = y
If x < 85 then (x - 85) + (85 * 2) = y

In other words, 100 is the minimum Z Power and if the Base Power is less than 85, it's doubled. If the Normal Power is greater than 85, Then everything up to 85 gets Doubled, but the amount of power over 85 is just added on.
Seems to be about right. This means that strongest Z-moves that are generally accessible (the 120 BP moves) will be 205 BP, which is greater than the equivalent choice item. In some cases such as those Pokemon with Draco Meteor or Overheat, we see a BP of 215, which could be a big deal if the -2 stat drop does not apply with the Z-move. I wonder if the exclusive Z-moves will deviate from this formula at all.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
What about Spark? That doesn't fit your formula, and neither does Iron Tail.
But I thought I saw a pattern...

-double checks-

Oh... I'm wrong, and I felt so smart for thinking I found a pattern. X(

It seems like my formulas come close. Iron Tail is 5 Less than what it should be according to my calculations and spark acts like it's 60 instead of 65. I want to dismiss that as rounding for cleaner more round numbers, but Thunderbolt is 175. 75 is 3/4 of 100 which still seems like a round number to me, but it seems weird for that to be the only move power that doesn't involve rounding to the nearest 10...

But I thought I saw a pattern...

-double checks-

Oh... I'm wrong, and I felt so smart for thinking I found a pattern. X(

It seems like my formulas come close. Iron Tail is 5 Less than what it should be according to my calculations and spark acts like it's 60 instead of 65. I want to dismiss that as rounding for cleaner more round numbers, but Thunderbolt is 175. 75 is 3/4 of 100 which still seems like a round number to me, but it seems weird for that to be the only move power that doesn't involve rounding to the nearest 10...
There is a pattern, for sure, but I don't think there's a formula. I think it's just that each BP in the game has a corresponding ZBP, the minimum of which is 100 (I agree with you on that front).

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Update: More from Falo. He was able to reverse enigineer some Z-Move data for each of the moves in the demo:

All Demo Zenryoku Waza (Z-Move) Stats:
Note: none of these have effects.
Slam, 160
Headbutt, 140
Fury Attack, 100
Bite, 120
Thunderbolt, 175
Rock Throw, 100
Super Fang, 100
Struggle, 1
Mud-Slap, 100
Spark, 120
Pursuit, 100
Iron Tail, 180
Rock Smash, 100
Air Cutter, 120
Rock Tomb, 120
Aerial Ace, 120
Dragon Claw, 160
Pluck, 120
Night Slash, 140
Electro Ball, 160
Water Shuriken, 100
Nuzzle, 100

Note: these have effects
Leer, Sand Attack, Growl, Supersonic,
Thunder Wave, Double Team, Scary Face,
Odor Sleuth, Howl, Autotomize, Play Nice

How it works:
the waza_tbl.garc now has 5 extra field, the first 3 are
"ZenryokuWazaNumber", "ZenryokuWazaPower" and "ZenryokuWazaEffect"
so there is no calculation, it has fixed stats.
Note: each Zenryoku Waza has it's own data entry, by default it's PP field is 1,
so in the future they could change it to make multi-use possible

Original Post: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ST-POST-SPOILER-HEAVY&p=18257916#post18257916
makes me wonder what's the BP on a Z-move that uses explosion if they have no formula and are just assigned values more possible there's a cap along with the minimum.

makes me wonder what's the BP on a Z-move that uses explosion if they have no formula and are just assigned values more possible there's a cap along with the minimum.
hmmmmmm Good question. I don't think there will be a cap, personally, though obviously whatever ZBP Explosion produces is bound to be the highest possible.

Update: More from Falo. He was able to reverse enigineer some Z-Move data for each of the moves in the demo:

All Demo Zenryoku Waza (Z-Move) Stats:
Note: none of these have effects.
Slam, 160
Headbutt, 140
Fury Attack, 100
Bite, 120
Thunderbolt, 175
Rock Throw, 100
Super Fang, 100
Struggle, 1
Mud-Slap, 100
Spark, 120
Pursuit, 100
Iron Tail, 180
Rock Smash, 100
Air Cutter, 120
Rock Tomb, 120
Aerial Ace, 120
Dragon Claw, 160
Pluck, 120
Night Slash, 140
Electro Ball, 160
Water Shuriken, 100
Nuzzle, 100

Note: these have effects
Leer, Sand Attack, Growl, Supersonic,
Thunder Wave, Double Team, Scary Face,
Odor Sleuth, Howl, Autotomize, Play Nice

How it works:
the waza_tbl.garc now has 5 extra field, the first 3 are
"ZenryokuWazaNumber", "ZenryokuWazaPower" and "ZenryokuWazaEffect"
so there is no calculation, it has fixed stats.
Note: each Zenryoku Waza has it's own data entry, by default it's PP field is 1,
so in the future they could change it to make multi-use possible

Original Post: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ST-POST-SPOILER-HEAVY&p=18257916#post18257916
Wow, looking at these basically confirms V-create Z-Move is basically going to have nuclear BP

Considering they made a special one for Struggle (technically struggle is a base 40 physical attack with recoil iirc), I'm willing to be the already high damaging moves will have a special damage value in place, too.

Like as ... interesting ... as it would be, something tells me Explosion won't get a significant power boost. I can also see Draco Meteor and its ilk not getting a big boost.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Allow me to clear up some stuff - "5 extra fields" in this case actually means 6 new bytes for each move. The first two are for pointing to the Z-Move to be used (since they're all located past Hyperspace Fury at index 621, they have to use 2 bytes to do this). The next one is for the power of the resulting Z-Move, and since it's only 1 byte I guarantee you none of the Z-Moves will have more than 255 power. The next one is for Status moves with Z-Move effects, and the last two are up in the air at this point, but they're certainly not related to power, and probably not Z-Move related at all.

Source: I wrote a script months ago specifically to parse move data, here's the part relevant to the above: link

Well when you click fight with 0 pp it defaults to struggle meaning you can't click the z move button to use on struggle hence 1 bp so if someone hacked a struggle Pokemon the damage ratio won't fuck up

Interesting info! This makes me wonder how are signature Z-moves going to be handled. For instance, shouldn't all Electric moves also point to the index of Catastropika? Unless Catastropika requires Volt Tackle which only Pikachu learns. This make sense in this situation (signature Z-moves require signature moves), but then there's Snorlax. Pulverizing Pancake is implied to require Giga Impact. If that's true, does that mean that Giga Impact cannot be used as a base for Breakneck Blitz? I would find that to be counter-intuitive. Is Normalium Z's in-game description going to state: "This crystal can power any Normal move, except Giga Impact."?

Interesting info! This makes me wonder how are signature Z-moves going to be handled. For instance, shouldn't all Electric moves also point to the index of Catastropika? Unless Catastropika requires Volt Tackle which only Pikachu learns. This make sense in this situation (signature Z-moves require signature moves), but then there's Snorlax. Pulverizing Pancake is implied to require Giga Impact. If that's true, does that mean that Giga Impact cannot be used as a base for Breakneck Blitz? I would find that to be counter-intuitive. Is Normalium Z's in-game description going to state: "This crystal can power any Normal move, except Giga Impact."?
I don't see why every normal type move cant activate Breakneck Blitz. BB & PP use entirely different held items.

I don't see why every normal type move cant activate Breakneck Blitz. BB & PP use entirely different held items.
Yes, but the information provided by Marty and Falo seems to point that each move is going to be associated with one specific Z-move (or else what is the point of this new Z-move field in every move's entry). For instance, all normal moves in the list (Slam, Tackle, Quick Attack, Headbutt, etc.) point to move 622 (presumably, Breakneck Blitz). Question is: will Giga Impact point to 622 or PP's id?

I'd take a guess that powerful moves would get a boost to 200 Base Z Power (meaning anything over 100 BP like Close Combat, Draco Meteor, etc would make the ZBP 200) but ones that are more then 200 would stay the same and the only benefit being a cool cinematic. Do we know if Z-Moves take into account STAB or abilities like adaptability? Or some other better example of an ability like something that boosts damage or Pixelate turning your Normal Z Move into Fairy type making a Fairy Z move not nessicary for Pixelate mons like Altaria and Sylveon.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Yes, but the information provided by Marty and Falo seems to point that each move is going to be associated with one specific Z-move (or else what is the point of this new Z-move field in every move's entry). For instance, all normal moves in the list (Slam, Tackle, Quick Attack, Headbutt, etc.) point to move 622 (presumably, Breakneck Blitz). Question is: will Giga Impact point to 622 or PP's id?
My guess is that the Z Move Data for Giga Impact will be normal data that can be used for Breakneak Blitz and that Pulverizing Pancake will use its own data instead of Giga Impact's data. Why would they prevent Moves from being able to be used for Normal Z Moves just because they're used for Unique Z Moves?

Allow me to clear up some stuff - "5 extra fields" in this case actually means 6 new bytes for each move. The first two are for pointing to the Z-Move to be used (since they're all located past Hyperspace Fury at index 621, they have to use 2 bytes to do this). The next one is for the power of the resulting Z-Move, and since it's only 1 byte I guarantee you none of the Z-Moves will have more than 255 power. The next one is for Status moves with Z-Move effects, and the last two are up in the air at this point, but they're certainly not related to power, and probably not Z-Move related at all.

Source: I wrote a script months ago specifically to parse move data, here's the part relevant to the above: link
Perhaps those last 2 slots are placeholders that are in place for Z-Moves that require a specific move, such as Pulverizing Pancake requiring Giga Impact. So that is to say, they aren't necessarily power based, but do provide an additional index number and effect that is linked to that ID (which could involve a buff to the move, status, stat changes, et.) if need be, but are otherwise unoccupied.

I'd take a guess that powerful moves would get a boost to 200 Base Z Power (meaning anything over 100 BP like Close Combat, Draco Meteor, etc would make the ZBP 200) but ones that are more then 200 would stay the same and the only benefit being a cool cinematic. Do we know if Z-Moves take into account STAB or abilities like adaptability? Or some other better example of an ability like something that boosts damage or Pixelate turning your Normal Z Move into Fairy type making a Fairy Z move not nessicary for Pixelate mons like Altaria and Sylveon.
I think we'll see ZBP's above 200. If we don't, then certain moves won't be worth much in conjunction with their corresponding Z-Moves (Boomburst, Water Spout, and few others come to mind). The real for me is, how will Self-Destruct and Explosion be handled? Neither move can have their Base Power expanded on in any significant way, so are they just SOL when it comes to being the base for Z-Moves? Or will they keep the same/a similar BP as their ZBP, but have data in another slot denoting an added effect, like regaining their former Defense-halving damage calculation?

Perhaps those last 2 slots are placeholders that are in place for Z-Moves that require a specific move, such as Pulverizing Pancake requiring Giga Impact. So that is to say, they aren't necessarily power based, but do provide an additional index number and effect that is linked to that ID (which could involve a buff to the move, status, stat changes, et.) if need be, but are otherwise unoccupied.
That seems rather unlikely, given that among the moves that have data in those last two slots are Tackle and Sand-Attack. I doubt those are getting special Z-moves.

I was looking through some of the datamined sprites again, and some of the poses are kinda cool. Though I may have spent a little bit too much time on Know Your Meme.

Maybe you did, but that Lumineon is definitely giving me a certain kind of look, and while it's showing me its underbelly...I don't know how I feel about that.

EDIT: Apparently there's word that review copies are out and Gamestop has their first shipments of SuMo in. So, we may see some leaks, but likely not from reviewers (they can't afford to get caught), and we're likely a week or more away from anyone breaking street date.

Last edited:
What's that?
It's an encrypted ROM (if it wasn't encrypted, ZIP format would actually compress it). It's available for download from Nintendo servers as a way to download a game before its release. Not actually feasible to decrypt until release of Sun/Moon (when the decryption keys will be released to people who paid).

The encryption on digital copies won't be broken before release. The probability of getting the key right in a random guess is probably lower than being attacked by a shark that once ate a winning lottery ticket. What is much more likely is that in the next few days someone who works at gamestop (or more likely a small distributor somewhere in China or Southern Europe) steals a hard copy and dumps its files. Nintendo will probably be on the lookout for this but it's almost unavoidable for such a big release and they can't really catch direct P2P sharing, certainly not in time to prevent a couple hundred people from downloading it. Once that happens, we'll have pretty much everything within two or three days, from BST and new movepools to the formula for Z-move damage calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)