SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like a lot of the pokemon this generation, but the average low base speed of the pokemon worries me some. The glass cannons of last gen overall just seem more useful. Or am I mistaken?

No more hordes OR super training? How the hell do we EV train? Are we back to crappy 5th gen mechanics?
The ally calling chain thing which apparently can be used to find Pokemon with Hidden Abilities will probably be an ok replacement for hordes if there's areas with specific EV giving Pokemon only call themselves.

Guys, is it confirmed that we can get pokemon with better IV and Hidden Ability from "chaining" (when a pokemon called for help)?

So, this may be a weird petition.

Can all of you remind me all (or most) of the rumors (both true and false) that were around about Sun and Moon. I'm trying to make a list of them
I would really appreciate any type of help

Off the to of my head, I remember:

Crobat getting the new Poison Crit ability (False)
Eviolite being nerfed (False)
Soul Dew being nerfed (True)
Unaware being nerfed (False)
Steel resists Dark and Ghost again (False)
Thunder Wave being nerfed (True)
Paralisis being nerfed (True)
Confusion being nerfed (True... I think)
Gale Wings being nerfed (True)
Dark Void being nerfed (True)
Gyarados losing intimidate (False)
Ghost hits Fairy SE (False)
etc.

About Hyper Training...
I don't know exactly how that works in the code but if Hyper Training does not increase IVs (simply adds a flag to the increased stat), doesn't that mean that if in a future game/gen they remove the Hyper Training code, won't the stats decrease to their original values?

Also, please tell me that I'm reading this wrong:
private void verifyHyperTraining()
{
if (pkm.Format < 7)
return; // No Hyper Training before Gen VII​
^
Does this mean we can't use Hyper Training on transfered Pokémon from Gen 6 and before? Aren't the pkm files converted to the new format after the transfer?

Does that mean I will never encounter a Pikachu or Happiny in the grass patch I found the Pichu? Or does it mean that there's a 1 in 8 change it'll pick slot type 6, and then a 1 in 20 chance it'll pick Happiny, making Happiny a total of a 1/160 encounter rate?
Assuming the former, has anyone started putting together lists for which grass patches have what encounters?
I really want to know this too. What is that "table" and "slot type" thing?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also, please tell me that I'm reading this wrong:
private void verifyHyperTraining()
{
if (pkm.Format < 7)
return; // No Hyper Training before Gen VII​
^
Does this mean we can't use Hyper Training on transfered Pokémon from Gen 6 and before? Aren't the pkm files converted to the new format after the transfer?
You can use it on any Pokemon even if it's from a Gen 6 or lower game.

Now that I think about it... are there any NEW Pokemon that can be caught after the story is completed (non-Alolan Regiona Dex)?

Now that I think about it... are there any NEW Pokemon that can be caught after the story is completed (non-Alolan Regiona Dex)?
there;s a handful of QR code specific pokemon which is kind of lame.

everything else will have to wait for either bank, a further version or some weird global link give aways

I really want to know this too. What is that "table" and "slot type" thing?
I know that each section of grass is tied to a table. So if you're in a patch of grass, you'll always be drawing your encounters from the same table. I don't know what the slots in the table mean, unless each individual grass square is different, the way feebas worked way back in the day. That would be some bullshit and I hope it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)