SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, pretty sure Talonflame will remain OU and will definitely remain strong in Battlespot/VGC but the change limits its options since it can't always get away with no/very low speed investment.
Im not too sure about that. Between SR damage, Brave Bird's recoil, and switching in on resisted moves, Gale Wings pretty much does nothing since TF loses health. It could maintain its healthy with a Roost/BU set, but I doubt having one successful set will keep it in OU. Maybe BL or UU

That galewings nerf...... the last anime episode was foreshadowing. Also decidueyes HA.... why did they think that would be useful?

As others have said, the Gale Wings nerf may have hurt Talonflame a lot, but it won't outright kill it. Talonflame's already fast without Gale Wings, and the PRIMARY reason it's used isn't so much Gale Wings so much as Gale Wings+ a solid offensive typing+ enough speed to outrun 99% of common attackers+a good enough movepool/stats to make it unpredictable and versatile in its roles. Gale Wings was just the icing on the cake. Besides, you forget one thing Talonflame still gets a priority Z-flying move, and if it has to, can use accrobatics.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thundurus also has nerfs to Swagger via the confusion chance nerf and Thunder Wave's accuracy.

But yeah, Landorus is basically untouched, except maybe by the increased presence of ice types.
Has the Confusion chance nerf even been confirmed?

I guess that one of the few shots Talonflame will get to try to keep being viable on higher tiers would be those outdated offensive Swords Dance sets, as no priority Roost will make defensive sets much frailer/easier to take advantage of due to slow recovery.

Upon which you'd make the following question: why using Talonflame instead of, say, Jump Kick Dodrio (thanks to it now having Base 110 Speed)? Is surpassing the 120 Speed tier so important for a Flying-type Pokemon?

(Somebody please remind me of what some of these Pokemon are, I've forgot)

Been digging through the leaked trainer data. It wasn't easy, but this is what I found.

That's it. That took me a while. Now I'm getting a well deserved break.
Keep those out of here. Mods already warned to keep all story stuff out of here and instead in the story spoiler threads. Some of us still want to enjoy the story

Their hidden abilities got retconned to be Inner Focus
Ah ok. Well like was said they were never actually released... still Pressure and Inner focus... what bad abilities other then for Suicune.

Say any word on the Gen 2 starter pokemon? We never got their hidden abilities right? Or am I forgetting that we did?

So much to process. Still bummed that Tapu Koko lacks Play Rough, as a good physical electric and fairy type is something we could use, but it is salvageable.

Tapu Koko@Life Orb
Naive; Atk / SpA / Max Speed

Calm Mind
Grass Knot
Wild Charge
Dazzling Gleam

Problem solved.

Gf certainly made some...interesting choices this gen.
CM + Wild Charge is a top 1

CM + Wild Charge is a top 1
CM gives it's rather average SpA a boost and gives DGleam, it's only Fairy STAB, some bite. It also makes Grass Knot threatening against Ground-types. Koko's naturak attack stat, STAB, and electric surge give a strong physical electric attack for covering specially bulky tanks such as Clefable.

CM gives it's rather average SpA a boost and gives DGleam, it's only Fairy STAB, some bite. It also makes Grass Knot threatening against Ground-types. Koko's naturak attack stat, STAB, and electric surge give a strong physical electric attack for covering specially bulky tanks such as Clefable.
I'd say I was surprised it doesn't get Play Rough, but this day's been full of surprises.

Pkhex is up, 10 days before launch .

Welp, it had to happen XD

The Unaware and eviolite nerfs are unconfirmed, seriously nerfing unaware the same gen as thundewave pretty much means that stall is dead.

Celesteela seems to weight 999.7 kg (just like primal groudon), so that means its Heavy Slam will usually hit for 120 BP with stab and 101 BS. Not bad!

252+ Atk Life Orb Primal Groudon Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 312-368 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)