SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was first going to make each one to be focused on one stat, all double type and all that shit, with no repeats, but there's nothing to choose from.
So I went to pick 3 phisical and 2 specials that were +500BST, and realized how aful few of those are. Also everything is so damn slow. No wonder why everyone chooses the kinkylizard, is the only thing with speed aside sun wolf and the bee.

Also sad the anchor doesn't get seed bomb or leaf blade, I guess I'll have to stick to power whip.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

These are my four definite picks. I'm planning on picking Rowlet and then ditching it when I catch Mimikyu, which is halfway through the game if the encounter leaks are any indication. I like the Rowlet line a lot but I found Deciueye's stats a little disappointing so I'm a little lukewarm on it, plus it has a ton of overlap with Mimikyu and I like that mon a lot more. Minior and Mimikyu are my two favourite mons from this generation so I have to try out both. Mudsdale is also really cool looking and it's early game-ish so I don't have to try and solo half the game with my starter :) According to the leaks, Muk can be found almost in the first city, and the psychedelic look that Alolan Muk has really appeals to me, so I'll have half my team together by the first island which is really great :) I'll possibly pick up a Metagross or a Sandslash (I preordered Moon) if I feel I need to cover weaknesses but it's unlikely. Super hyped for this game ^_^

GeniusX

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 21.20.21.png

Probably going to look something like this, I tried to avoid using mons that can only be obtainable after the elite 4 so this is going to be my squad for until the elite 4. For after game i'm probably gonna switch raichu and ninetales out and add like tapu koko into the squad or something. I feel like this squad also has competitive potential if they have a decent movepool and stats but this is what i got so far :).

In case anyone doesn't know, the Tapus, Silvally and the Ultra baests are all post game. So unless any of you are planning on hacking your save files you can't use any of them.
Ehh, was hoping Lele would be late game, but post game is fine. I'll use someone before hand.

I don't have a list on me right now, but I can tell you none of those are version exclusives except obviously Midnight Lycanroc.

EDIT: Found a list.
Sun: Solgaleo, UB02-Absorption, UB04-Blade, Lycanroc Midday, Turtonator, Passimian, A-Ninetales, Garchomp, Goodra, Rampardos, Carracosta, Braviary, Whimsicott.
Moon: Lunala, UB02-Beauty, UB04-Blaster, Lycanroc Midnight, Drampa, Oranguru, A-Sandslash, Metagross, Flygon, Bastiodon, Archeops, Mandibuzz, Lilligant.
Who are the UB04 pokemon? Blade I am assuming is that paper origami one. But who is blaster?

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
I didn't know about Silvally... i have to change my plans. Thanks.

Ehh, was hoping Lele would be late game, but post game is fine. I'll use someone before hand.

Who are the UB04 pokemon? Blade I am assuming is that paper origami one. But who is blaster?
Yeah, UB-04 Blade is Kartana. UB-04 Blaster is Celesteela. (the thing with flying arms)

I'm going to ask someone (very nicely!) to trade me a Rowlett egg as soon as possible, because I just can't choose between Litten and Rowlett, although Fire types are my favorite, so Litten will be my "official" pick. The rest are all just awesome designs with varied types, and are all brand new Pokémon, which is a big deal for me.

I already have natures and movesets worked out for them, though the movesets are obviously going to fluctuate throughout the story.

Incineroar - Fire/Dark - Blaze - 95/115/90/80/90/60 - Darkest Lariat/Flare Blitz/Cross Chop/Leech Life or Earthquake - Hasty

Decidueye - Grass/Ghost - Overgrow - 78/107/75/100/100/70 - Spirit Shackle/Leaf Blade/Brave Bird/Steel Wing or Sucker Punch - Naughty

Toucannon - Flying/Normal - Skill Link - 80/120/75/75/75/60 - Fury Attack/Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Drill Peck or Beak Blast - Jolly

Vikavolt - Electric/Bug - Levitate - 77/70/90/145/75/43 - Thunderbolt/Bug Buzz/Energy Ball/Flash Cannon - Modest

Crabominable - Ice/Fighting - Iron Fist - 97/132/77/62/67/43 - Ice Punch or Ice Hammer/Close Combat/Earthquake/Rock Slide - Brave

Lycanroc - Rock - Keen Eye - 75/115/65/55/65/112 - Accelerock/Stone Edge/Crunch/Brick Break - Adamant

got a question, how soon can we start getting Syncronize pokemon, so we can start looking for the right nature for some of our pokemon?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I need a sugestion for my final team. I made my decisions basedon what Island I'm in and I wanna use only gen 7 mons and alolan formes if possible. But for the fourth island I don't want to keep Shiinotic because I'd have 3 fairies an my team

MoonTeam Island 1.PNG

MoonTeam Island 2.PNG

MoonTeam Island 3.PNG

Basically same as the third but no Shiinotic. Have been thinking about Exeggutor-A:
MoonTeam Island 4.PNG

As for Sun, I only have Litten and Toucannon planned so far

And there's always resetting if you run out of Poke Balls :P
Exactly.

Luckily Inceniroar and Primarine don't have Hidden abilities that I need(though Intimidate would be nice), and neither have egg moves I want, so I can use my starters through the whole game and on my main team.

I am worried though about some of my other guys. Like for Tsareena, do I need Play rough on her? Or is it not that needed? With Kommo-o, I would like Overcoat since I have Alolan Ninetails on the team and while the other 2 abilities are great just having a second pokemon on the team immune to hail is nice. Though do we know how one can even get hidden abilities yet? Alolan Meowth with Parting hot, how easy would that be to get? Things like that worry me slightly

Exactly.

Luckily Inceniroar and Primarine don't have Hidden abilities that I need(though Intimidate would be nice), and neither have egg moves I want, so I can use my starters through the whole game and on my main team.

I am worried though about some of my other guys. Like for Tsareena, do I need Play rough on her? Or is it not that needed? With Kommo-o, I would like Overcoat since I have Alolan Ninetails on the team and while the other 2 abilities are great just having a second pokemon on the team immune to hail is nice. Though do we know how one can even get hidden abilities yet? Alolan Meowth with Parting hot, how easy would that be to get? Things like that worry me slightly
So far we can only get hidden abilities through hordes from what I'm told

Anyone knows how far is the daycare and the move relearner in the game?

I can mindlessly catch abras for natures, but some of the stuff I want is somewhat rare (5% appear rate where it appears) and if I can directly breed it for the nature would be cool.

Anyone knows how far is the daycare and the move relearner in the game?

I can mindlessly catch abras for natures, but some of the stuff I want is somewhat rare (5% appear rate where it appears) and if I can directly breed it for the nature would be cool.
I was wondering this too. Especially if I need a nature plus hidden ability(Alolan Ninetailes, Kommo-o)

upload_2016-11-11_13-24-6.png

Sorry for the full page screenshot...

Anyway, I know people are down on Decidueye, but I love owls and have wanted to use it ever since I saw it! The rest of my team I chose due to design or balancing purposes. I've loved Mudsdale, Bewear, Salazzle, and Oranguru ever since I saw them! (or in Salazzle's case, since seeing Salanditt.) I threw in Alolan Ninetales because I wanted either an electric or an ice type and I also wanted to use at least 1 Alolan form along with my Gen7's...however, being that I have Moon I will have to trade for it. Nothing against Sandslash, but I preferred the fairy typing from Ninetales. Hopefully, it won't be an issue as I assume the GTS will still be a thing...and it usually takes a few weeks of the game launching for the GTS to get cluttered....Also, I know this will be a mostly slow team (other than Salazzle and maybe Ninetales)...It might be neat to give Trick Room a try in Single Player....wherein it's usually just a waste of a move (as it really is only useful in competitive)

Here are my teams. I like to make one for each starter each gen. My guidelines are: only new pokemon (this gen allowed up to 2 Alolan forms), no legendary/non breedable mons (so can start with breed team if want). I try not to reuse pokemon on the 3 teams to make each playthrough unique. Right now just aiming for as much STAB diversity as possible with no overlap. Not 100% on final teams as wanted to use Lycanroc or A. Marowak but couldn't get them to fit in.

So I'm looking at building mono-type teams for every type. Should I include a certain group of Fairy types in the planning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)