Pokemon that benefit the most from Dream World (They see me Update'n,)

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by DanielG, Sep 18, 2010.

1. DanielG

DanielG

2. Jebus McAzn

Jebus McAzn

One thing of note: Giga Drain and Drain Punch are both getting their Base Power vamped up to 75, so Technician Roserade and Technician Breloom aren't as scary as before.
  3. DanielG

DanielG

Allright, I am removing Breloom from the list before I expose more falsities, XD
  4. Colonel Darren

Colonel Darren

So, wait. Heracross learns Earthquake Spiral (The KO-Attack Boost) ability? Hrm. Just when I thought that it couldn't get scarier. Imagne a Salac Reversal variant that had it's power increasing every time it hits Reversal and doesn't land on a Ghost. Scary thought.
  5. DanielG

DanielG

Dude, that is so scary, O.O Thanks for giving me some Ideas, that would be a good thing to post on the Benefit Board.
  6. Sheaz

Sheaz

Glad someone mentioned this. Even if Roost is an egg move, Dream World pokemon can't be bred with their special ability (probably). I see poison heal Gliscor having a hard time fitting in.
  7. Colonel Darren

Colonel Darren

Of course, other than going back to his roots as ReversalCross, I still see Guts as the superior option for every other Heracross set, such as Bulk Up/SubThreeStrike/Choice. Especially with things like Boiling Water around.
  8. DanielG

DanielG

Definitely, but assuming that Heracross DOES KO several Pokemon. :happybrain:
  9. backlot

backlot

I don't think Dream World abilities are breedable so even if Roost is an egg move it still wouldn't be compatible.

Edit: Sorry, I misread your post. You said that.
  10. JLance

JLance

Ok, throwing some stuff up. I'm not an expert so any recommendations would be appreciated

[​IMG]
    Dream World Ability: Chlorophyll

Ability Characteristics:
    Speed doubles in sun.​

Pros:
    With its speed doubled in the sun, Venusaur will be a serious ou threat. With access to sleep powder, sword dance, leech seed and synthesis, it can do many things. In the sun, it'll be the fastest subseeder. With its poison typing it can clear the field of toxic spikes and then set up with sword dance. With sleep powder it can put its counters out of commision and in the sun synthesis restores 50% of its health.​

Cons: None really, all overgrow did was boost its grass-type attacks by 50% when it had 1/3 of its health and grass attacks have terrible coverage anyway.​

[​IMG]
    Dream World Ability: Volt Absorb

Ability Characteristics:
    Restores up 1/4 health when hit by a electric type attack. Also in the new generation it boosts spa one stage.(Might be wrong there).

Pros:
    Here we have the new,bulkier jolteon. Now raikou can switch one any electric attack, including thunder wave, and get health back. If rain dance teams become more popular this generation,thanks to politoed, this guy will become very popular.

Cons:
    Offensively, there are no downsides. For an attacker volt absorb is a much better ability. So unless you want a defensive raikou, there is nothing wrong with his new ability.
  11. Sheaz

Sheaz

That is what I said, yes.
  12. Ian15

Ian15

How about Snorlax. He could use Belly Drum then have the berry that makes you go first the next turn with Glutteny. Thats one kill. Or you can late game sleep with rest and 2 turns later it is GG. with Trick Room he is unstoppable.
  13. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer pewpewpew
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Doesn't Gyarados get Earthquake Spiral/Arrogance too?
  14. NitroMetalHead

NitroMetalHead

Don't remove it. Breloom has bullet seed. And plus bullet seed's upgraded form makes it have 25 BP. That's about 55 Base power per seed.

Oh, and i'm back.
  15. NitroMetalHead

NitroMetalHead

Dude, I have an idea. Why don't we submit this to the smog? That would be awesome.
    Might as well re-write a few sets, such as the breloom you removed.

By the way, dream world abilities are breedable.
    Traits and Species are passed from the mother. Abilites come from the mother, attacks from the father.
  16. DanielG

DanielG

These look great, they look ready for the Benefit Board =]
  17. backlot

backlot

Bullet Seed isn't a TM anymore so Breloom can't learn it. And where did you hear about the abilities being breedable? Abilities were always random when breeding in Emerald and 4th gen.
  18. greg3064

greg3064

Charizard actually is looking pretty usable. Fire Blast / Solar Beam / Roost with Drought support. It's quite wall-able though. One way or another, Gyarados, Flying-type Dragons like Mence and DNite, or Heatran will wall it. HP Ice is probably best for coverage. With a Timid nature it hits 475 SpAtk in the sun, though.
  19. NitroMetalHead

NitroMetalHead

I didn't hear it from anywhere. I know it from my own knowledge of the game.
    EDIT: I said that the abilities are INHERITED from the mother. The species would also be inherited. For example, if you have a Female Bibarel with Simple, and a Male Bibarel with Unaware, the baby would have the ability simple.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you can trade from DP to BW, but not the other way around.
  20. Azlanslayer

Azlanslayer

Woah, i was waiting for new abilities for swampert and blaziken. As for now Blaziken is sure to go to OU since he gets speed boost, SDs + Speed boost turn 1, sweep! As for Swampert, he won't die to explosion! FUCK YEAH! Except GF is crazy giving Blaziken speed boost >_>, making Infernape useless now...
  21. GolemGuy

GolemGuy

I think you may just want to put Breloom back on that list. You're forgetting about Bullet Seed. Oh, and there's also Mach Punch.
  22. MegaKick

MegaKick

As roost is no longer a TM, Gliscor with roost and poisen heal is *likely* illegal. Same with damp swampert and stealth rock. Not 100% confirmed, but something to note under cons. I'd actually remove gliscor - I think 99% of people would rather use roost > poisen heal.

Breloom needs to be on the list. Brelooms mach punch is just as powerfull as scizor's bullet punch - we all saw how popular that was.
  23. backlot

backlot

Abilities were not inherited that way when breeding in previous gens. I doubt that's changed in 5th gen unless you've heard otherwise.
  24. DanielG

DanielG

I'll give it consideration, because I don't know if its a good enough change to be way better then the other Abilities that it has.
  25. Raseri

Raseri wut
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Leader

A few other good ones I noticed:

Flash Fire Typhlosion
    If it can get eruption and this ability, it will hurt.

Intimidate Qwilfish
    The extra bulk could possibly help the spiker, or swords dancer

Water Absorb Cacturne
    Immunities are always nice, could serve as a check to rain dance teams with Sucker Punch and Seed Bomb

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)