1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 pokemon that work well together

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Pokermon, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Pokermon

Pokermon

The idea of this thread is post pokemon that work well together in a team.

You may also post combo's here, but remember the main thing is pokemon that work well in a team together.

To give a quik example Salamance and milotic and zapdos are known as one of the best 3 combo reason: when using sala you can expect to get a ice beam throwen at you so milotic works perfect in conjunction with sala and zapdos can take on milo its weakness
    This is just a quik example but you get the point

P.S. i am not looking for all kind of examples about using a flying poke and a electric so it can take the electric attack of the flying i im looking for pokemon who work well in conjunction with eachother (A TEAM)
  2. Ouro

Ouro

Tyranitar, Gengar, Snorlax.

Gengar takes focus punches and earthquakes for both Lax and Tar. Tar takes psychic and shadow balls for gar.
  3. CZ

CZ

Salamence to Snorlax. The inevetable Ice attack is absorbed by Snorlax. Better yet, lead Salamence and switch to Snorlax. After the intimidate, itll be really hard to hurt the Snorlax, usually resulting to a switch, allowing a "free turn".

IIRC, that strategy was one of the great chaos
  4. Testing...

Testing...

Obligatory skarmblissdol post...though boah messes them up...
  5. Great Sage

Great Sage

From what I've seen:
    Celebi, Raikou
    Tyranitar, Zapdos, Swampert
    Salamence, Snorlax
    Skarmory, Blissey, Claydol
    Ninjask, Marowak
  6. Tom Jane

Tom Jane

metagross and salamence
    steelix and gyarados
    zapdos and marowak/metagross
    venusaur/flygon and swampert
  7. gdpt

gdpt

IMO the best combination or most popular one is flygon/swampert. It counters Zapdos while providing Rock resist.
  8. PM

PM

Gengar and metagross handle pretty much any CBer I can think of
  9. Ace777

Ace777

Jolteon and Gengar are decent.
  10. Ouro

Ouro

Id like to add Dragonite or Flygon with a Snorlax that has thick fat.
  11. NC

NC

Steelix/Gyarados together resist every type except for ice. They obviously have problems with stuff like starmie, but they can counter a ton of things when used together.
  12. rtc3

rtc3

Mence, Gross, Lax
    Tar, Flygon
    Zappy, Jira
    Rhydon, Gyara
  13. Muchabi

Muchabi

Swampert/Flygon are my favorites; because I hate having to use Blissey/Snorlax unless they fit perfectly, those two always make it to my team to deal with electrics...

Heracross and Starmie provide a good variety of physical and special attacks (bug fight rock, water electric ice) that I find handy in ending battles, though whether they're really any good I don't know.
  14. Fear

Fear

this is like the 5th topic of the same name, same question and same answers I have seen in ever grande.

Claydol and Skarmory
    Celebi and TTar (with a heracross counter)
    Celebi and Swampert
    Salamence-Metagross-Regice
    Gengar and Steelix/Metagross/Jirachi for any CBander
  15. sbc

sbc

Regice/Skarmory/Swampert

Takes 90% of offensive threats in the metagame including Salamence, Metagross, Zapdos, Gyrados and Heracross to an extent. Add a fighting resist and hey presto.

Pretty good offensively too
  16. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I'll just do something different since everyone else called the standards. Flygon + Swampert is my favourite combination out of what's mentioned. :]

Charizard + Magneton, Metagross or other Steel, preferably one vulnerable to Earthquake. Basically, you can sacrifice the Steel to a Choice Band Earthquake whenever you want, and then set up with Charizard. Magneton CAN clear Skarmory which frees up a moveslot for Charizard, but then again Charizard likes to set up on Skarmory as well so this is not the best idea.

Metagross and Tyranitar together with Gengar used to be very sufficient for Snorlax, but Fire Blast/Focus Punch ones tend to get in the way there. Still, it requires a lot of effort on Lax' behalf to get past them.
  17. Reflect Suicune

Reflect Suicune

gyarados and magneton :p
    Metagross and Salamence = Resists practically everything except like CB Banette or something
    Metagross and Gengar = Curselax Counter, among other things
    Flygon and Focus Punching Gengar together do a lot of damage
    I dunno there are billions...
  18. Mr. Ludicolo

Mr. Ludicolo

Ludicolo and Rhydon. Ludicolo's massive spdef handles rhydon's 4x weaknesses. Rhydon takes twaves from bliss and cb'd flying attacks from sala/aero (also poison/bug, ludi's other physical weaks). Can also put up a 101 sub in front of blissey after absorbing a twave. Unfortunately Rhydon can't take hits forever and neither poke likes heracross.
    (so I typically include skarm for safe measure)
  19. Life

Life

Weezing + Steelix gives anyone headaches
  20. chewy

chewy

Claydol and Skarm, full physical resist and Spikes and Rapid Spin. Too bad it is easily walled.
  21. Karrot

Karrot plant
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Zapdos/Metagross/Snorlax. I cannot continue to stress how great this trio of pokemon are. These amazing, gamebreaking offensive pokemon work perfectly together to cover pretty much every type of attack. (Snorlax most/all of the special attacks.)
  22. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yea, Karrot's suggested trio sure seems strong. The only weak point is prolly when Snorlax or Zapdos is Resting.

Raikou, Medicham, and Gyarados is my favorite combo. Gyarados for Swamperts, Dugtrios, and Intimidating switches on EQ; Medicham 2hkos Swampert and Skarmory, as well as ohkos Snorlax, Blissey, and Regice that plagues Raikou. The trio needs some aid against DDers and normal and rock resists, but it's a great offensive combo =]
  23. mike

mike

sry if this is too old to bring back

y did everyone leave out celebi and heatran??? they resist eachothers weaknesses. what more could you ask for
  24. ~Eon~

~Eon~

Because heatran wasn't in third generation....
  25. TrainerJon

TrainerJon

Would anyone explain how this works! I want to use it.

I can't think of any right now!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)