Pokemon Throwback - Gen IV Tier Shift

Spore Deoxys-S is gonna be Fast

EDIT:add to it that there's no pranksters or magic bouncers

Last edited:
Reactions: EV
And Leaf Guard, which blocks all statuses if Drought is up.
This also there's vital spirit but anyways, remember everyone that leaf guard does not work like hydration aka you can't use rest in the sun w/ leaf guard. Also I believe that hydration was in this gen because manaphy was introduced.

EV

Banned deucer.
If anyone has any ideas for next month's ladder, go ahead and post. I'll narrow down the list to a few and have users vote within the last 5 days or so of the month.

Keep in mind that Gens 1-3 are very buggy on the simulator, so most of our metas will probably fall into 4 and 5. While a lot of metas already existed in 5, I'm sure you all can think of some new ones that hadn't existed yet and would be fun for gen 5 mechanics. ;^)

This is kind of stupid, but a previous generation of Ability Shift would be interesting, since it would produce different shifts.

Other weird ideas, some of which probably shouldn't be chosen: Gen I/II Monotype, Gen IV STABmons, Gen IV Averagemons

Sounds interesting...
Clamp + Spore Electrode. GG World.
Also forget non-exploding Special Attackers 'cause Amnesia Chansey
its basically just rby just that everyone has everything

tbh it's a joke suggestion because it doesnt really seem much diff from rby (chansey still dominates meta, at most psychics get fucked over... by increased twineedle distribution zomg wow)

its basically just rby just that everyone has everything

tbh it's a joke suggestion because it doesnt really seem much diff from rby (chansey still dominates meta, at most psychics get fucked over... by increased twineedle distribution zomg wow)
I was sarcastic but well, you're right, it wouldn't be a diverse meta.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I was thinking about Gen 4 Averagemons. Hidden Abilities haven't been released yet, so no broken Sableye. Sure, it could still be good, but not absolutely broken. Also, no Regenerator cores, which became extremely hard to deal with without the use of Shadow Tag (Gothitelle). Wobbuffet still exists, but its movepool sucks. The Arena Trappers exist, too, but once again, their movepools. It could fix a lot of broken things (read: tflame, megakang, sableye, goth, etc.) and still introduce a lot of new strategies. Yea, I know we just had Gen 4, but earlier would be buggy and Gen 5 still has some of the broken things ability-wise. To me, Gen 4 Averagemons looks overall really interesting and more balanced.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I was thinking about Gen 4 Averagemons. Hidden Abilities haven't been released yet, so no broken Sableye. Sure, it could still be good, but not absolutely broken. Also, no Regenerator cores, which became extremely hard to deal with without the use of Shadow Tag (Gothitelle). Wobbuffet still exists, but its movepool sucks. The Arena Trappers exist, too, but once again, their movepools. It could fix a lot of broken things (read: tflame, megakang, sableye, goth, etc.) and still introduce a lot of new strategies. Yea, I know we just had Gen 4, but earlier would be buggy and Gen 5 still has some of the broken things ability-wise. To me, Gen 4 Averagemons looks overall really interesting and more balanced.
+1

EV

Banned deucer.
Please vote for one of the following:

• Gen IV STABmons
  • Gen V Ability Shift

The winner will take over the ladder starting in August.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)