Pokemon Village Fete Events (UK)

I kinda want one to reset for, but I'm going to China on holiday, and none of the events are near where I live anyway... I don't think it has a Classic Ribbon, so I might be able to get one on the GTS (or trade for a good one here).

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wow, those are horrid locations o_o

I'll probably go to the westfields one in September I guess :/

I'll be in Nottingham on the Friday 31st July.

I am planning to make an invasion there on their Pokemon Trainers school. xD

'Village Fete'? What were they smoking?

But yeah pretty bad locations. Closest to me is probably Liverpool which is still a way off. Won't be going, anyway, lol: it's already easy enough to get a movie/TRU gigas off the GTS for even the likes of untouched palkias.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be heading to Liverpool hopefully. Terrible locations, but events are usually fun and worthwhile, even if the Pokémon we're getting is terrible, I like to collect official events.

I don't get why they didn't just do events at every game/gamestation around the country like they did with shaymin :/ These locations are all too far away from me especially considering the pokemon is so bad

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I already have one but I think I'm going to the Air Show in Mackemland anyway so I may as well stick my head in while I'm there.

Even then, the Shaymin event Really failed. I'm hoping they'll make it a bigger thing than previous times, which would explain the bigger venues, and sheer lack of them. Hey, who knows, it may actually be good for once, bar using gimmicks on the PBR.

Off to Mackemland lol should be interesting, its kind of annoying getting regigas since i just bought sapphire, played right through it doing the tedious tasks of eventually catching the three regi's just to trade over to my pearl cart....nevermind event pokes are fun!!!.
Lee we should arrange a meet up when we're there just drop me a Pm!

sucks about the number and location of events! although i can't complain for once in like forever i have one close to where i live.

Training Centre seems, fun? I'll be going to Braehead Shopping Centre, and I'll probably spend upwards of 2 hours there. Going to have to dust off my Competitive Battling skills before I go, don't want to be embarrassed.

I don't get why they didn't just do events at every game/gamestation around the country like they did with shaymin :/
Naso/Pokerobs Lecture time!

From what I heard, the more events there are, the less populated they are correct? For me getting the Regigigas is half the reason to go. The other half is the occasion. Let's face it, going to events since the MK one for 10Anniv really sparked some joy into me being able to talk Pokémon with all kinds of people for once and not feeling like I am not 'part of the crowd'. Having an event in my opinion isn't about just popping into your game and receiving that Pokémon hoping none of your friends from school see you. It's more about meeting people who share your passion of the game.

So in ways, there is good and bad to this opinionated discussion. Understandably, you might feel discouraged for one not being near you, that is truly understandable. Unfortunately though as you heard previously, the predicament they have is to make these events a good occasion for the fans as well and if they pop them around the UK like that then sure, people get the pokedex entry and that bragging right but they don't get to remember huge moments.

Man! This event sounds a lot like how the summer day camp was, which in my opinion was the best UK event they have hosted (bar VGC). Simply because there was something for everyone and it gave you as the trainer to enjoy the experience and make new friends/rivals!

Now with PBR up, I am going to be listening patiently for the reports of the upcoming events so I can know the format, if it's 2v2 doubles or 4v4. Whichever it should be fun! ^_^

-------------------------------------------

Enough lectures! Haha! Even though I'll be travelling quite far away for this one (east anglia and london didn't get anything sadly) I still keep a happy face after rumours (I didn't believe for a second mr.pokecharms) that PCI would then start to ignore the UK and focus on europe as a whole. My opinion? They've done a great job so far so well done PCI!

Anyways yeah on the topic of them being in odd places such as derby event and nottingham being like neighbours then sure but hey, maybe their other offers on events didn't go down as well. Least we got some events anyway! :D

Not long back from the sunderland event and it was awesome met some really really kool people had a few battles, talked pokemon which is always fun and got my regi!! Also if anyones into the TCG then go along you can get a limited edition shiny chimar, piplup or turtwig card for doing certain tasks at the Fete!!!
For all you guys contemplating weather to go or not i'd strongly recommend it, it was organised extremly well and its really worth the travel.

Went to the event at Sunderland,I have been to a few 'mon events over the years and IMO this was the best. This is simply because there was a lot more stuff to see and do. I saw the teaching area but I gave it a miss after I saw that all the people there were little kids xD There were DS's to try a variety of some of the recent pokemon games. There were screenings of the anime TV show (First episode) and movie (Giratina movie). There was a TV screen in the corner which seemed to be attracting alot of attraction but I didn't bother looking so I didn't know what it was. The paintings were done to a really high standard I saw people with shaymin and chimchar on their arm which looked awesome. There were battles going on the wii but I gave it a miss as it seemed like a nerd gathering.. I walked pass the tent numerous times during the day and it was always busy from what I saw. If your planning to go to one of the events for the activities than you will most likely enjoy it.I got my regi which is the reason why I went =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)