Pokkén Tournament

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Anywhere between no chance at all and absolutely definite. The way they're going with the roster strikes an odd balance between clearly relevant (oras starters, megas, pikachu-libre) but at the same time they don't exactly feel there to advertise new features as such. At least, that's the way I'm feeling.
Would it help if I say it doesn't necessarily need to be a fighter, like it can be a multistage boss where you fight 10%, 50%, and then 100%.

Would it help if I say it doesn't necessarily need to be a fighter, like it can be a multistage boss where you fight 10%, 50%, and then 100%.
That would be interesting and would remind me of some fighting games, but I have serious doubts that it will happen. Like I'm betting 95% on no that Zygarde is in it.

Not really as every single stage so far is completely original and the support Pokémon are along the same lines as the fighters.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
The text color theory made me convinced that we are getting Swampert.

Though I personally really want it to be Jynx. (Jynx does have a Ra in its Japanese name)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've ruled out the following due to them showing up as extras in the background of stages or being NFEs.
  • Kadabra
  • Tentacruel
  • Slowbro
  • Chansey
  • Seadra
  • Scyther
  • Aerodactyl
  • Lanturn
  • Heracross
  • Sneasel
  • Sableye
  • Flygon
  • Drifblim
  • Lumineon
  • Heatran
  • Silglyph
  • Chandelure
  • Spewpa

That leaves us with these.
  • Kingler
  • Marowak
  • Hitmonchan
  • Hitmonlee
  • Kangaskhan
  • Jynx
  • Gyarados
  • Umbreon
  • Granbull
  • Kingdra
  • Hitmontop
  • Raikou
  • Tyranitar
  • Swamper
  • Mightyena
  • Aggron
  • Manetric
  • Latios
  • Latias
  • Groudon
  • Luxray
  • Rampardos
  • Honchkrow
  • Drapion
  • Gliscor
  • Giratina
  • Darkrai
  • Stoutland
  • Zebstrika
  • Scolipede
  • Maractus
  • Carracosta
  • Cinccino
  • Reuniclus
  • Vanilliluxe
  • Galvantula
  • Heatmor
  • Hydreigon
  • Terrakion
  • Reshiram
  • Landorus
  • Florges
  • Malamar
  • Dragalge
  • Tyrantrum

Last edited:
Yup!

Sorry for how big this image is, it's too small to see if I collapse it:

And the best part is that none of them have "ラ" in their name meaning we're getting a fourth character on Friday!

I do have to wonder how Mewtwo and Shadow Mewtwo will play differently, though. And Braixen is such a weird choice! Cool though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Garchomp is a nice choice, and add Dragon- and Ground- to the roster. Now we just need Normal, Rock, and Bug.

Curious whether this normal Mewtwo will also use MMX or go for MMY and leave MMX for Dark Mewtwo. If the latter maybe we could also get a Dark Charizard and have it become MCY. :P

Braixen, didn't see that one coming. And here I thought Pokken was going to be filled with Fighting-types, apparently it was the Fire-type (all Starters) I should have been watching my eye on instead (why does anything relating to fire feel like it needs to invade). Though Braixen does bring something up: Not fully evolve Pokemon are options.

Eitherway all are neat. And we still have that mysterious character coming!

Cresselia~~

So the Pokemon with "Ra" in its name does not have to be fully evolved now?
It could be like... anything.

Anyway, I like how they chose Braixen instead of Delphox-- Braixen is totally proven to be way more popular than Delphox, plus it is shown in the anime.

Despite that, I think the colour hint really points to Swampert though.

Wow. Braixen. Warning for some waifus might swarm this announcement. Could she be a technique character? A high possibility perhaps.

Garchomp is another bizarre case for he is fast, but not so fast with the mega evolution. But what category would it belong to more? Standard? Power? Or Speed? Let's also mind about its HP. Machamp has the highest HP in 660. How much HP would Garchomp Have?

Cresselia~~

Guys, the Pokemon with the "Ra" is very likely to be Jynx.

Today, the favorite Pokemon (out of the first 151) of the 9 core Game Freak staffs is revealed, and Jynx is one of their favorites.

We all know that the "Ra" Pokemon is not going to be a popular one, for from out of 50 Pokken staff, only 1 guessed correctly, and that 31 stated that they were "salty"/ "annoyed" (depending on translation).
Pokken staff is not Game Freak Staff.

Also, last time, when Sceptile was revealed, it was said that the Pokemon has an "n" in its name.
N is the last character of Sceptile's name.
And "Ra" is the last character of Jynx's name.

Guys, the Pokemon with the "Ra" is very likely to be Jynx.

Today, the favorite Pokemon (out of the first 151) of the 9 core Game Freak staffs is revealed, and Jynx is one of their favorites.

We all know that the "Ra" Pokemon is not going to be a popular one, for from out of 50 Pokken staff, only 1 guessed correctly, and that 31 stated that they were "salty"/ "annoyed" (depending on translation).
Pokken staff is not Game Freak Staff.

Also, last time, when Sceptile was revealed, it was said that the Pokemon has an "n" in its name.
N is the last character of Sceptile's name.
And "Ra" is the last character of Jynx's name.
Jynx is a likely choice, yes, but I still think Swampert is a very likely possibility because we don't know how the staff of Koei Tecmo think; for all we know, the people they surveyed may just be codemonkeys who know nothing about Pokemon past Gen 1 and got salty when they saw a beefcake mudkipper. That and I feel that the staff has been contracted to add the 3 Hoenn starters and Pikachu Libre after the game came out to tie it in more to ORAS as no other Pokemon up to that point had Mega formes introduced in ORAS, (yes I know Mega Blaziken was in X and Y, but it still has the Hoenn connection.) I wouldn't be THAT surprised if we got Jynx, but Swampert makes too much sense.

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hm, ive been thinking, what will braixen do for its Burst?

all the pokemon with megas mega evolve, and the others gain new burst forms like machamps red version, etc

will braixen do the latter or like momentarily evolve into delphox or something? very interesting indeed

hm, ive been thinking, what will braixen do for its Burst?

all the pokemon with megas mega evolve, and the others gain new burst forms like machamps red version, etc

will braixen do the latter or like momentarily evolve into delphox or something? very interesting indeed
It will probably be like the other Pokemon without Megas and just gain an aura around it while having its moves buffed and getting a Super move.It wouldn't make sense for it to evolve because that means it would have to DE-evolve whenever its Burst Gauge ran out.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It will probably be like the other Pokemon without Megas and just gain an aura around it while having its moves buffed and getting a Super move.It wouldn't make sense for it to evolve because that means it would have to DE-evolve whenever its Burst Gauge ran out.
What I was thinking as well, except idk, it seems strange to just leave Delphox out of it. We'll see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)