Post-Game Analysis and Discussion [Salty Suite]

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Approved by: arcticblast and mizu
thanks Yoda2798 for helping

Hello and welcome to the DSPN Post-Game Analysis thread! Here we aim to discuss and analyse various aspects of exciting tournament games. We hope you enjoy and partake in these discussions, and also hope they help both the players of the battle and you, yes you, improve their abilities.

The subject of each discussion will be decided by us, and can consist of a single battle or even a whole best-three seriesif high enough quality, giving you a feel for the whole series! Each battle or series for discussion will be decided at irregular intervals when great new material appears, or discussion is dying down.

Talking points
- Were there any pivotal turns which decided the game?
- How did the winner take control of the game?
- Who had the advantageous matchup, if any, and how did it affect the game?
- How much did hax factor into the outcome of the match?
- Did either player make any questionable plays/misplays?

Discussion rules
- Don't go horribly off-topic
- Don't flame or insult users, either players in a battle or other commentors. Don't straight up insult player's teams either.

Current Discussion Point: TheFourthChaser vs majorbowman (Smogon Premier League)

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

art by 13ulbasaur
KyleCole vs Stratos in the Fall Seasonal finales!
Tomorrow KyleCole will play Stratos in the Fall Seasonal, making it the grande finales of the Fall Seasonal 2015.

Both KyleCole and Stratos are well known Doubles players, with both their respective runs being evident of this. In fact, the two paired up earlier in Fall Seasonals in Round 12, which resulted in KyleCole taking the win over Stratos. With hype and tension building to critical levels since then, Stratos has worked his way back into Finals to go another round with Kyle. Will Stratos take his revenge, or will KyleCole come out on top again? One thing we can be sure of is this will be an intense thriller for all to watch.

In their previous encounter, which went up to game 3, they used these teams:
Stratos' game 1 team:

KyleCole's game 1 team:

During game 1, Kyle took Stratos by surprise by having a Choice Scarf Kyurem-Black, which got rid of Landorus, making it slightly more difficult to check Mega-Diancie.

KyleCole's Substitute Aegislash was difficult to deal with for Stratos, but in the end he killed it and due to a clutch live on Suicune, Stratos' Expert Belt Kyurem-Black won him the game.

Stratos' game 2 team:

KyleCole's game 2 team:

Again, both players brought interesting teams, with Gengar on both teams as well.
At turn 1, Stratos loses Mega-Metagross by a Mega-Gengar Shadow Ball OHKO. Rotom-Wash paralyzes Mega-Gengar, allowing him to get rid of it the next turn.

Kyle brings in Excadrill, making it difficult for Stratos to deal with it. In the end, Stratos was able to easily end the game, but he horribly misplayed it, resulting in a win for Kyle.

Stratos' game 3 team:

KyleCole's game 3 team:

Both players brought the same team again, and in the end Kyle won by using Excadrill has his win condition, as well as getting Tailwind up, boosting him massively.

Interesting team to note (KyleCole's Hyper Offense Rain):

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 24 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Tailwind

Even though Rain is not in an amazing spot in the metagame currently, it is possible that KyleCole will bring this Rain team, considering it hasn't lost him a single game this year, with him going 18-0:

Will KyleCole bring this rain team? Who will win? Will Stratos throw game 2 like an idiot again? You'll see THIS SUNDAY NIGHT considering it's going to be streamed at 5pm EST on twitch.tv/smogonu

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Things we learned from Winners finals:
  • Use Life Orb Virizion
  • My Garde/Kyube team is good as fuck
  • Stratos may or may not need therapy
  • Stratos is literally only bringing THALK from here on out
KyleCole's rain may not be the best thing to bring. Stratos (and all of us) know that team inside and out and it's never beaten a top player in a tournament match. I'd expect at least one Diancie/Kyube/Steel team from Kyle, and THALK from Stratos in at least 2 games.

Or don't bring THALK. Congrats Kyle :)

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
this is why i told melo not to pick the set before it happens, because it might be shit.

Things I learned from the grand finals:
  • Stratos needs therapy
  • Charizard-X is good confirmed
  • p2 is cold as fuck
  • mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell
  • qsns is jesus

Since this is supposed to be an analysis and discussion thread, I compiled some quick notes about their teams/leads because I couldn't think of anything else I could have really done and we're already off topic anyway so why not

The teams they brought and why they brought them (at least my understanding of it):
Teams:
KyleCole

KyleCole likely brought this team because he knew that Stratos had been using a slightly Diancie weak THALK team lately. The additions of Kyurem-B and Virizion were possibly meant to clean up late game after Stratos had lost one of Latios or Thundurus, which both hate Diancie and have rough moments against Landorus-T.
Problems this team would have faced: This team had issues with another of Stratos' teams (which he brought), as Porygon2 takes surprisingly small amounts of damage from Virizion Close Combats and half of his mons possibly had lower Special Defense stats than Defense stats, which would allow Porygon2 to take advantage of its remarkable ability Download. This team also faced issues with Mega Abomasnow due to KyleCole having only one Blizzard resist, but Wide Guard from Aegislash and Talonflame's Brave Bird could quickly put an end to it, and Abomasnow was most effective under Trick Room.
Stratos

Stratos, knowing KyleCole tends to use a certain specific rain team quite often, might have decided to bring this to finally put an end to the rain team's win streak. Abomasnow and Gyarados resist any water type attacks coming their way, and Gyarados takes full advantage of rain while Abomasnow puts a solid end to it. In order to cover for Talonflame, he had very weak checks in what was likely a faster Talonflame, and had to rely on Kyle making a possibly bad switchin (this never actually came to be, but could have happened).
Problems this team would have faced: Talonflame, Thundurus, and Aegislash are some things that I often see Kyle using, and Stratos had slight problems with them with this team. Two of the three were present on his team in the match. This could have ended up being a problem for Stratos had Porygon2 not been such a useful mon throughout the match.

What they lead:
KyleCole

Kyle was probably trying to catch a possible lead combination of Conkeldurr/Abomasnow/Hoopa-U+Porygon2, as the ones on the left primarily had issues with Talonflame, and each one had its own issue with facing Mega Diancie. He also could have expected Stratos to lead with Talonflame as a great countermeasure of Virizion, which would partially threaten Porygon2 in setting Trick Room, and both Talonflame and Diancie did well against a Talonflame lead while also keeping the pressure off of the Virizion slot, had he have lead it. Porygon2, however, should have been a priority of Kyle's, and his treatment of the small cybergod was almost his demise. Also, Talonflame could have put a lot of pressure on Stratos if Kyle had kept it for later, but losing it turn 1 was a big step in a bad direction.
Other possible leads could have been Virizion+Diancie, Aegislash+Diancie, and Talonflame+Landorus-T, in order of best to worst.

Stratos

Stratos had the idea that Virizion would be a great lead option against Porygon2, so Talonflame was obviously a great choice. Porygon2 ensured that Kyle wouldn't have the upper hand when it came to turn order, and ensured that Abomasnow would get a chance to deal severe damage to Kyle's team. The biggest problem with this lead was just Mega Diancie as a whole. It could just kill off Talonflame with a quick Diamond Storm, and Kyle's own Talonflame could have been preserved for the future. However, this was made up for in Porygon2 at least getting Trick Room up, since it could let Stratos send in something else.
His best option aside from this was, imo, Gyarados+Talonflame (assuming it was a Steel Wing Talonflame, which it probably was since it wasn't Tailwind due to the other choices on the team, and Will-o-wisp and Taunt don't seem offensive enough for this team).

Who won the matchup?
Stratos. While Kyle had some very threatening options when it came to leads and Stratos had limited options, Stratos' limited options had higher odds of unfolding into a win than Kyle's.

Who took the game?
KyleCole. Kyle ended up dropping a lot of threats to Stratos' team pretty early in the game, but fortunately Kyle was able to get a very game-changing freeze right after Stratos made a mistake in undoing his own Trick Room.

I'll look at g2 tomorrow, I went away to eat after watching g1.
Teams:
KyleCole

Jirachi has a natural talent in doing very well against various parts of THALK, redirecting Amoonguss, Latios, and Mega Kangaskhan, as well as dealing with Sylveon to a degree. This, along with Keldeo's great ability to neutralize most of what was left, could definitely have contributed to Kyle's reasoning for bringing this. Also, Stratos' Sun sample team has an odd matchup against Bisharp, and his overall greatest answer to Bisharp in Venusaur was easily redirected by Jirachi. Charizard and Landorus-T would have difficulty breaking the boundary of Jirachi, as Keldeo and Zapdos were capable of checking both, though Keldeo would have difficulty doing so in the sun.
I'm actually not quite sure whether Kyle has ever used this team outside of this battle, as I have seen few of his actual matches. However, I assume he probably used this team because it had nifty checks to most of Stratos' teams.
Problems this team would have faced: The biggest concern in bringing this team was really luck, imo. There's not much Stratos would normally bring that could deal with this team well, and had Stratos gone to grab somebody else's team, this team is very well rounded and had good odds of winning regardless. Despite this, the team, like any other, faces many challenges. In the case of this team, I could definitely see it having issues with more balanced sun teams than that of Stratos' (not talking down on that team, however), and rain could have been a problem, especially since he has only 1 water resist and it loses to Ludicolo and Talonflame. Jirachi, however, had Sunny Day to deal with this. Stratos was unlikely to bring rain anyway due to its generally bad matchups, and he couldn't afford to bring it when he's down 0-1.

Stratos

One could say Stratos' team choices rarely change, and that person would be right. Stratos uses other teams very often, and people try to take advantage of this. However, he went for a slightly less expected route in bringing his sample sun team, which iirc he hasn't used since before Winner's Finals. He did make a slight modification in Kyurem-B>Latios, likely in the case that he faced Kyle's Rain sample team as Kyurem-B has an incredible rain matchup, and this team really wouldn't have liked that. Kyle also brought a few mons that gave Stratos trouble last game in Talonflame and Aegislash, and he definitely didn't want to bring a team weak to the two of those again.
Problems this team would have faced: As I stated in the analysis of Kyle's g2 team, this team really doesn't like Bisharp that much, but not to a degree where the game is unplayable. Landorus-T naturally does well against sun, and Stratos' team is no exception. Landorus-T was, as well, something that could be dealt with however; two ice moves, Chlorosaur, and Wide Guard Aegislash kept Landorus-T in check, as well as his own Landorus-T's Intimidate support.

Leads:
KyleCole

Kyle's lead in Landorus-T+Charizard made it look very much like Kyle was bringing a pretty standard Sun lead for one thing, which greatly influenced what Stratos would do turn 1 and could have been used to Kyle's advantage. This element of surprise early in the game was further strengthened by how well Landorus-T could threaten everything that Stratos was likely to lead, and it could pivot into something much more suitable to the demands of Charizard once it had been revealed to be X.
There were definitely other leads Kyle could have picked, but this was definitely his best option and one that, imo, could not be refused.

Stratos

Zapdos had to give Stratos lots of early game momentum in order for him to stand a chance in this matchup, as this game was going to be very hard for Stratos. It also had a fairy good matchup against Landorus-T, Keldeo, and Charizard (Y, at least). Kyurem-B could have caught a lead Zapdos, Landorus-T, or Bisharp, but Jirachi, Charizard, and Keldeo all gave it some very big problems since it was likely a slower Substitute set.
This lead actually made me laugh, but it wasn't because it was bad in any way. It was because of the irony of Stratos leading Tailwind.
Other lead ideas could have been Zapdos+Charizard, Charizard+Aegislash, Charizard+Landorus-T, and Charizard+Venusaur, but only Charizard+Venusaur and Charizard+Landorus-T were worth looking into.

Who won the matchup?
KyleCole. By looking at the teams in team preview alone, this was easy to tell. Kyle had so much room for mistakes, and Stratos couldn't afford to make many, which was especially hard considering he probably went into this believing Charizard was Y (though it was possible by the sight of Jirachi and lack of a Grass type that he could have had ideas about it being X).

Who took the game?
KyleCole. There wasn't much surprise here considering how much room for mistakes Kyle had, but Kyle made very few plays that could be considered mistakes, and Stratos' poor matchup tilted him slightly into misplaying a bit (though his misplaying likely wouldn't have affected the outcome).

G1 was a very well played game by Stratos imo, undoing his Trick Room wasn't a good idea at all however and contributed to him losing, though the freeze is what ended up causing his loss.
G2 was well played by both sides, but Stratos' hard time team-wise was his downfall. GG to both players and I hope we get a match like this to discuss in the future :]

Also whether this was good or not I hope this actually gets some sort of real discussion going.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i didnt really play game 2 well, there were some things i should have done like forcing the zard to choose between two targets, sacking aegis to the flare blitz for a free lando switchin, and other things but i was just on massive tilt from my game 1 loss and then the rock slide miss and the matchup was abysmal and i just wanted it to end. i also completely did not expect the zard x and i really got fucked by it.

for the record, i still would have lost game 1 with that freeze if i had gone for blizzard (and missed) instead of TR. and lets be real, i would have missed.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001

TheFourthChaser vs MajorBowman
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-112145

While on paper it might have been one of the less exciting games, it sure turned out to be an amazing match between TFC and majorbowman. TheFourthChaser got drafted by Stark Sharks while MajorBowman got drafted for the Circus Maximus Tigers for a 3k bargain.

TheFourthChaser has played in the SPL last year as well, ending the season with a disappointing 2-7. However, he's back here to drop some more Ws in the SPL!

MajorBowman was one of the more surprising draft picks this season. He is considered one of the best VGC players. He is drafted together with qsns as a Doubles player, which made people question if majorbowman was going to play games at all, but he was allowed to start game one and started off with a blast:

TFC's Team:

MajorBowman's Team:

Team preview:
First of all, this is a Sun matchup, which is quite rare to see happening. TheFourthChaser brought a team that Mizuhime brought for the SPL 6 versus kingofmars (which she won with). It is important to note that TFC brought two sleep users, something that looks like MajorBowman struggles with, by having no Grass-types. In the preview it was looking very likely that Aegislash was Safety Goggles, but again he might have difficulties using Aegislash at all because of Charizard-Y and Victini which both offensively threaten it massively.

Leads:
Both players lead Landorus-Therian. TFC leads Breloom as well, where majorbowman leads Kyurem-Black. Very interesting to note: Kyurem-Black's Teravolt activates before Landorus-Therian's Intimidate, which reveals this is either a Choice Scarf Kyurem-Black or slower Landorus-Therian.

Majorbowman double targets the Breloom spot in order to get rid of it, however Breloom protects. TFC gets a VERY risky U-Turn off on the opposing Landorus-Therian, considering it could've been killed by +Stratos: just say 'if u talk about that ill pop u'-Black.

Some discussion points:
1. How was the team matchup? Did it play any roles during the game?
2. What were some vital turns that eventually won majorbowman the game?
3. Could TFC have won the game by playing differently?

Last edited:
I swear I didn't know TheFourthChaser was TFC on smogon rofl
it should have been obvious since u know it's TheFourthChaser but w/e

Sun vs sun is always an incredibly cool game to watch, and this one was no exception. Both players brought some pretty cool deviations from the ordinary sun team, namely Breloom, Conkeldurr, Rotom-W, and especially that Victini. Dual grass+dual fire is something I think I have seen from TFC before on one of his sun teams. Bowman plays VGC and they have a different way to play sun, and there seemed to have been a sort of a blend between different meta styles in his team, making it all the more exciting.

Bowman keeping that goggles aegi alive was really good by him because it could easily finish the job when zard and lando-t were gone thanks to victini having a choice item, which he could force into being something other than V-create, or he could (as he did) use King's Shield and reduce the power of its attacks. He made a very easy switch into loom and terrak's moves which did nothing, which helped dismantle the impending spore spam threat.

TFC made plenty of pretty good and interesting moves, but eventually it all boiled down to him not being able to get Lando-T in at the right time, which after sacking Terrakion made a world of difference. It meant he would have to rely on Bolt Strike to take care of Charizard, leaving him in a really bad situation against the Aegislash.

All in all that was a really cool game to watch even if it was in a replay and I'm glad I got to see this one :)

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've used that mizu team against goggles aeg before and honestly it's a terrible matchup, despite having 2 offensive fires. Aegislash is not assumed to be Goggles as many other items are way more common these days, though I guess it was guessable by the fact that majorbowman's team had no typical sleep absorber (not that a team with char-y and kyub necessarily needs one), and if it had one it could have been the Conkeldurr.

The fact that you don't expect Aeg to be goggles puts you in a world of hurt when the 2 sleep mons can't touch it whatsoever.... and Terrakion can't really either. Lando-T is not a long term answer because EQ is a bad move for TFC to lock into against majorbowman's team most of the time, because mizu's team lacks pleasant switchins to Char-Y, especially if it's out next to Lando spamming Rock Slide... which also comes in free on an EQ locked lando.

This puts immense pressure on keeping Victini and especially Char-Y healthy, but they're the offensive backbone of the team and tend to spend a lot of time on the field...

And finally even if you don't lose momentum by failing to recognize it's goggles aeg before it's too late, it still has the chance of winning some really silly late game scenarios, like it did here against Venusaur. But it can do that vs Terrakion or Breloom too. And a locked last mon Lando-T. Or a locked Tini on a bad move... or even V-Create, bc you shield one and then ohko with ball. It just wins every lastmon scenario but char-y or a Lando coming in fresh EQing.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
+n1n1: any team managers here? I'm trying to get picked up midseason for doubles ou. message me. I am probably better than the doubles guy you got now

Set 1 Game 1: n1n1 vs Braverius (Winner: n1n1)

n1n1:

Braverius:

Set 1 Game 2: n1n1 vs Braverius (Winner: Braverius)
n1n1:

Braverius:

n1n1:

Braverius:

Set 1 Winner: n1n1

Set 2 Game 1: n1n1 vs Braverius (Winner: n1n1)

n1n1:

Braverius:

Set 2 Game 2: n1n1 vs Braverius (Winner: Braverius)
n1n1:

Braverius:

Set 2 Game 3: n1n1 vs Braverius (Winner: Braverius)
n1n1:

Braverius:

Set 2 Winner: Braverius

n1n1:

Braverius:

Set 3 Game 2: n1n1 vs Braverius (Winner: Braverius)
n1n1:

Braverius:

n1n1:

Braverius:
Set 3 Winner: n1n1

n1n1 takes the win versus Braverius 5-4

Usage stats:
Code:
Rank | Pokemon                  | Use | Use % | Win %
1    | Kangaskhan                | 11  | 61%  | 63%
2    | Amoonguss                | 9  | 50%  | 55%
3    | Talonflame                | 7  | 38%  | 28%
4    | Landorus-Therian          | 6  | 33%  | 33%
5    | Diancie                  | 5  | 27%  | 60%
5    | Azumarill                | 5  | 27%  | 40%
5    | Aegislash                | 5  | 27%  | 40%
8    | Rotom-Wash                | 4  | 22%  | 75%
9    | Hydreigon                | 3  | 16%  | 66%
9    | Hoopa-Unbound            | 3  | 16%  | 100%
9    | Mew                      | 3  | 16%  | 66%
9    | Jirachi                  | 3  | 16%  | 100%
9    | Blaziken                  | 3  | 16%  | 66%
9    | Gyarados                  | 3  | 16%  | 66%
9    | Thundurus                | 3  | 16%  | 0%
9    | Clefairy                  | 3  | 16%  | 66%
17  | Heatran                  | 2  | 11%  | 50%
17  | Hippowdon                | 2  | 11%  | 50%
17  | Gengar                    | 2  | 11%  | 0%
17  | Ninetales                | 2  | 11%  | 0%
17  | Latios                    | 2  | 11%  | 50%
22  | Excadrill                | 1  | 5 %  | 100%
22  | Charizard                | 1  | 5 %  | 100%
22  | Gardevoir                | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Registeel                | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Hitmontop                | 1  | 5 %  | 100%
22  | Gastrodon                | 1  | 5 %  | 100%
22  | Aurorus                  | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Kyurem-Black              | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Keldeo-Resolute          | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Swampert                  | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Blastoise                | 1  | 5 %  | 100%
22  | Cradily                  | 1  | 5 %  | 100%
22  | Virizion                  | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Cresselia                | 1  | 5 %  | 100%
22  | Bisharp                  | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Kyurem                    | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Politoed                  | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Scyther                  | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Metagross                | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Lucario                  | 1  | 5 %  | 0%
22  | Magmar                    | 1  | 5 %  | 100%
22  | Rotom-Mow                | 1  | 5 %  | 100%

Last edited by a moderator:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
anyone who was worried that kang/azu might be broken after watching it take souls in two awfully played SPL games just needs to look here to see that that is not the case.

I firmly believe that if Braverius brought one of a Diancie or Charizard team at least one of the nine games, he would have won the bo3 bo3 tbh because n1n1 only prepares for Kangaskhan/Lando-T/Thundy

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
I decided to do the entire week of the Smogon Premier League because I thought this was a really exciting week, with pretty good battles!

qsns vs BLOOD TOTEM
Replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-115723
qsns' team:

BLOOD TOTEM's team:

qsns brought an interesting Mega-Diancie team including Volcarona, where as BLOOD TOTEM brought the first Mega-Venusaur of the SPL7 in Doubles, bringing non-Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian yet again, and continuing on the undefeated streak of Jirachi.

Arcticblast vs checkmater75
Replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-116782
Arcticblast's team:

checkmater's team:

Arcticblast brought an interesting Mega-Aerodactyl team, while checkmater brought a triple Tailwind team to assert dominance. Ironically, the game ended by an unfortunate Hydro Pump miss.

Braverius vs Lohgock
Replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-116280
Braverius' team:

Lohgock's team:

Undefeated Braverius is up against Lohgock, who is playing instead of teammate kamikaze this week. Both players are consistent, but who will take the win?

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
OH MY LORD THESE ARE THE GAMES WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING OUT FOR
Today was an amazing day for the Doubles OU community, having games between Stratos vs Checkmater and an intense rematch of Braverius versus n1n1. Will Stratos prove his superiority? Will n1n1 win again?

We'll start off with Stratos vs checkmater. These players both dislike each other, explained in this post by Stratos and this post by checkmater.

LETS GO

Stratos VS checkmater75 - Game 1 (Stratos win)
Stratos' team: Scrafty / Kangaskhan-Mega / Jellicent / Reuniclus / Sylveon / Heatran
checkmater75's team: Mew / Aegislash / Charizard-Mega-Y / Hitmontop / Smeargle / Hoopa-Unbound

Stratos vs Checkmater - Game 2 (Stratos win)
Stratos' team: Landorus-Therian / Charizard-Mega-Y / Aegislash / Kyurem-Black / Venusaur / Zapdos
Checkmater75's team: Talonflame / Ludicolo / Diancie-Mega / Kingdra / Jirachi / Politoed

Next up, Braverius vs n1n1. n1n1 already had previously bested SPL player Braverius in a previous BO3 BO3 but now Braverius is ready to take it back. Will Zach win? How many times will n1n1 bring out the Cradily?

Set 1 Game 1 - Braverius Win
Braverius' team: Charizard-Mega-X / Gourgeist-Super / Jirachi / Azumarill / Mew / Landorus-Therian
n1n1's team: Charizard-Mega-Y / Rhydon / Jirachi / Hitmontop / Hoopa-Unbound / Gourgeist-Super

Set 1 Game 2 - Braverius Win
Braverius' team: Jirachi / Salamence / Kangaskhan-Mega / Heatran / Hitmontop / Sylveon
n1n1's team: Hippowdon / Excadrill / Latios / Cradily / Magmar / Blastoise-Mega

Set 2 Game 1 - n1n1 win
n1n1's team: Mawile-Mega / Sableye / Politoed / Kingdra / Talonflame / Terrakion
Braverius' team: Kangaskhan-Mega / Landorus-Therian / Thundurus / Manaphy / Jirachi / Victini

Set 2 Game 2 - Braverius Win
Braverius' team: Charizard-Mega-Y / Landorus-Therian / Amoonguss / Tyrantrum / Thundurus / Swampert
n1n1's team: Kangaskhan-Mega / Hoopa-Unbound / Rotom-Wash / Amoonguss / Jirachi / Diancie

Set 2 Game 3 - Braverius Win
Braverius' team: Gorebyss / Diancie-Mega / Raichu / Talonflame / Amoonguss / Conkeldurr
n1n1's team: Kangaskhan / Hoopa-Unbound / Rotom-Wash / Amoonguss / Jirachi / Diancie

Usage stats of the Salty Suite Zach vs n1n1:
Code:
1    | Jirachi                  | 6  | 60%  | 33%
2    | Amoonguss                | 4  | 40%  | 50%
2    | Kangaskhan                | 4  | 40%  | 25%
4    | Diancie                  | 3  | 30%  | 33%
4    | Charizard                | 3  | 30%  | 66%
4    | Landorus-Therian          | 3  | 30%  | 66%
4    | Hoopa-Unbound            | 3  | 30%  | 0%
8    | Rotom-Wash                | 2  | 20%  | 0%
8    | Hitmontop                | 2  | 20%  | 50%
8    | Thundurus                | 2  | 20%  | 50%
8    | Talonflame                | 2  | 20%  | 100%
8    | Gourgeist-Super          | 2  | 20%  | 50%
13  | Heatran                  | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Swampert                  | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Victini                  | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Terrakion                | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Mawile                    | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Gorebyss                  | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Rhydon                    | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Conkeldurr                | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Azumarill                | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Magmar                    | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Latios                    | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Sylveon                  | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Blastoise                | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Excadrill                | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Cradily                  | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Sableye                  | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Manaphy                  | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Raichu                    | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Mew                      | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Tyrantrum                | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Politoed                  | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Hippowdon                | 1  | 10%  | 0%
13  | Kingdra                  | 1  | 10%  | 100%
13  | Salamence                | 1  | 10%  | 100%
Combined usage stats:
Code:
1    | Kangaskhan                | 15  | 53%  | 53%
2    | Amoonguss                | 13  | 46%  | 53%
3    | Jirachi                  | 9  | 32%  | 55%
3    | Landorus-Therian          | 9  | 32%  | 44%
3    | Talonflame                | 9  | 32%  | 44%
6    | Diancie                  | 8  | 28%  | 50%
7    | Azumarill                | 6  | 21%  | 50%
7    | Rotom-Wash                | 6  | 21%  | 50%
7    | Hoopa-Unbound            | 6  | 21%  | 50%
10  | Thundurus                | 5  | 17%  | 20%
10  | Aegislash                | 5  | 17%  | 40%
12  | Charizard                | 4  | 14%  | 75%
12  | Mew                      | 4  | 14%  | 75%
14  | Gyarados                  | 3  | 10%  | 66%
14  | Clefairy                  | 3  | 10%  | 66%
14  | Hydreigon                | 3  | 10%  | 66%
14  | Heatran                  | 3  | 10%  | 66%
14  | Hitmontop                | 3  | 10%  | 66%
14  | Latios                    | 3  | 10%  | 33%
14  | Hippowdon                | 3  | 10%  | 33%
14  | Blaziken                  | 3  | 10%  | 66%
22  | Swampert                  | 2  | 7 %  | 50%
22  | Politoed                  | 2  | 7 %  | 50%
22  | Ninetales                | 2  | 7 %  | 0%
22  | Excadrill                | 2  | 7 %  | 50%
22  | Magmar                    | 2  | 7 %  | 50%
22  | Blastoise                | 2  | 7 %  | 50%
22  | Cradily                  | 2  | 7 %  | 50%
22  | Gourgeist-Super          | 2  | 7 %  | 50%
22  | Gengar                    | 2  | 7 %  | 0%
31  | Kyurem-Black              | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Registeel                | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Virizion                  | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Mawile                    | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Conkeldurr                | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Scyther                  | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Kyurem                    | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Manaphy                  | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Sableye                  | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Rotom-Mow                | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Keldeo-Resolute          | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Gardevoir                | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Metagross                | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Victini                  | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Terrakion                | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Sylveon                  | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Salamence                | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Rhydon                    | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Aurorus                  | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Gastrodon                | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Lucario                  | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Raichu                    | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Gorebyss                  | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Bisharp                  | 1  | 3 %  | 0%
31  | Tyrantrum                | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Cresselia                | 1  | 3 %  | 100%
31  | Kingdra                  | 1  | 3 %  | 100%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)