Post new creative movesets/EV spreads here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Remoraid anyone? (I'm not sure if this will work, but...)

35 Bases for HP and Defense suck, but Hustle makes it's 65 Attack somewhat worthy, something that Octillery lacks. Even though Octillery is better, in UU, Remoriad might be an ok choice.

Pokemon: Remoraid
name: Do the Hustle!
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Return
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Waterfall
item: Salac Berry / Life Orb
ability: Hustle
nature(s): Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

65 Speed is really unstellar in the OU Tier, however, it might be decent enough in the UU. Combine at least 65 Base Power and Hustle, and we're going somewhere. Sure he's hard to switch in, but it's a tryout.

Water + Normal basically means no way that anyone can ruin your fun at being walled, somewhat. This way, Return and Waterfall seem like decent options. The only "It's not very effective" that you should see is against Shedinja, and rarely will you see him even in UU thanks to Abomasnow.

I'd choose Jolly, since 65 Speed is shaky. Anyways, Sub once. This should activate Hustle, which will get your Power going. After 2 more Subs, you can steal a Salac boost (if you chose that and possibly Adamant).

There is another way to remedy the low Speed, thanks to Thunder Wave. Keep note though that this won't work on Ground Types like Nidoking, so prepare for the dirt path if you have no Sub up.

Life Orb gives more bang for your buck, but I would consider a Speed Boost from someone to keep Remoraid at par (while you're at it, pass a Sub too. >_>) Too bad Ninjask is OU (IIRC).

However, if this seems decent enough to pull you toward this (and forgive me if I am wrong, I haven't played UU to a whole lot of extreme), Muk with 252 HP, 252 Defense, and + Nature suffers 34.54% - 40.82% from Waterfall. I guess that's not extremely bad coming from a Life Orb + Jolly + Hustle Remoraid.

Keep in mind your Accuracy is 80% instead of 100, thus why Rock Blast nor Bullet Seed is here (that and Bullet Seed is sort of weak).

This is a mixmence with enough speed to tie with specsmence and possibly KO it and other things like steels.

Mixmence@Life Orb
Intimidate
118Atk/252Spd/140SpA
Rash
-Brick Break
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Brick Break is for Bliss(2HKO with SR), Lax(2HKO), Empoleon(2HKO), and Cradily(2HKO with SR). Draco Meteor KOs all of the dragons and does major damage to many things. Earthquake is for electivire(No motor or +speed nature) and infernape(No HP Ice or stone edge). Final is fire blast, KOs skarm, Lucario(bulky), Bronzong(2HKO), and forretress. As well as alot of bulky grounds die to Draco and bulky grasses die to Fire Blast.

I made then when I was still on gamefaqs, and I did no calcs or anything for it. I kinda like it though.

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
252 DEF 252 HP 6 ATK
+def or sp.d - sp atk or speed nature

Belly Drum
Rest
Recycle
Crunch

Basically belly drum once, and it should survive a hit or two, then chesto rest and recycle when you need to rest again, and crunch to sweep.

Choice ScarF Milotic
Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric/Grass
Hypnosis
item:Choice Scarf
ability: Marvel Scale
nature(s): Modest or timid
evs: 4HP/252 Sp. ATK/252spd
Gets Raped by Starmie.....Gah it's just Novelty, but I like it. It can potentially wreck Swampert or Gyarados. I just liked the idea of a Sweeping Milotic which it's really not meant to do...

Pokemon:Lapras
name:unexpected blissey counter
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Body Slam
Substitute
Ability:Water Absorb
Nature:Adamant
Evs:252atk,12 hp,some in speed and the rest spreaded in defenses

The standard Blissey will fear that...101 subs for Seismic Toss(plus avoiding Thunder Wave) and 4X resists Ice Beam with awesome defenses.Just set up and sweep.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Bold / EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 104 Sp. Atk / 4 Speed
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled

Sub helps you scout/lock-in choice users and other physical attackers. It helps you against status (which you need without Natural Cure) and blocks Pain Split. Charge Beam is an automatic stat boost when it hits (90% of the time) and Ice Beam gives you great coverage, a OHKO on Garchomp after one boost and a 20% chance to freeze. Only CM users and Boltbeam resistors wall it. Opposing non-CM Blisseys are usually just set-up fodder (172 HP Subs are a pain to break) and you can always add more Speed EVs to outspeed them and Sub/Softboiled before they do anything. Plus, they'll usually get frozen by Ice Beam and then it's gg.

I can't remember the exact EVs, but I once thought that Wide Lens Milotic could have some use:

Milotic @Wide Lens
Bold (+D, -A): 148HP/ 240D/ 122SA
-Hypnosis
-Hydro Pump
-Blizzard
-Recover/ HP Electric

Still taking hits decently w/o lefties or Restalk, this Milotic now can have a very accurate Hypnosis, and can possibly get a few KOs with Hydro Pump and Blizzard. This set could also work in a gravity team w/o Wide Lens. I'm not sure if it is completely original or even if I was the first to think of it, but still interesting, no?

Now to find my Choice Specs Nazisteel set, lol, I'm sure thats original.

Ah, here we go: [WARNING! Gimmick alert!]

Nazisteel @Choice Specs
Quiet (+SA, -Spd): 252HP/ 252SA/ 6SD
-Thunder/Thunderbolt/Zap Cannon
-Focus Blast
-Flash Cannon/ HP Fire
-Explosion

Dang, I want to use a gravity team now, lol

Anyways, this Registeel set will come as a HUGE surprise to opponents, especcially with support. The Electric move is preference, but I prefer Thunder.

Focus Blast is for coverage and a little extra power, but could be subbed for Focus Punch possibly.

Flash Cannon is for STAB behind a average SA stat, whilst HP Fire can catch Metagross and Heracross on a switch if they were anticipating Toxic.

Explosion is a big duh, lol

Sooo... yeah. It could work decently in gravity and with support. I know it looks gimmicky, but it sorta is, lol

I was messing around with a Yawn / Pursuit / Focus Punch / Body Slam Snorlax, on a team with Spikes and SR, and while it definately wasn't amazing, it was pretty cool. I was also using a Draco Meteor / U-Turn / Earth Power / Roost @ Life Orb Flygon, which actually worked really well, although he was lacking some power.

I was messing around with a Yawn / Pursuit / Focus Punch / Body Slam Snorlax, on a team with Spikes and SR, and while it definately wasn't amazing, it was pretty cool. I was also using a Draco Meteor / U-Turn / (Fire Blast / HP Ground ) / Roost @ Life Orb Flygon, which actually worked really well, although he was lacking some power.
Why HP Ground when Earth power does more?

Flygon Female
Timid - Levitate
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Sp. Atk/6 HP

-Draco Meteor/Substitute/Roost
-Earth Power
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Roost
-Dragon Pulse

Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs

This Flygon works great with the Life Orb. You will have the Sp. Atk boost, and you won't need to worry about losing HP from Sub and Life Orb because you have Roost. Also, she gains the extra boost from STAB with both her attacks! Also works great in double battles with a Tyranitar/Hippowdon. Your immune to EQ, and even Earth Power won't hit your Teammate! Works well with Choice Specs too. Boosts all attacks, but if you use Draco Meteor, the Sp. Atk will be lowered...so use it as a finisher or something.

This is something I posted elsewhere, and it recieved mixed reviews. Check it out (I'm just going to copy/paste it):

Pokemon: Rampardos
Name: Big Surprise
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Crunch/Pursuit/Zen Headbutt/Earthquake/Hammer Arm
Move 3: Fire Blast
Move 4: Stone Edge
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 154 HP/252 Atk/84 SpAtk/20 Spd

Comments/Strategy:
This is a set that allows Rampardos to hit many of its common counters hard, but requires you to study your opponent's team and be somewhat good at prediction. The idea of this set is to switch into something that you know will switch out (preferrably right after something of yours is KOd), and Substitute on the switch. You'll always 2HKO Skarmory, non-Heatproof Bronzong, Forretress (OHKOd), Metagross, and most anything Fire weak. STAB Stone Edge is scary, doing up to 56% to Skarmory and OHKOing fiends such as Togekiss (not like it'd switch into you anyway unless they think you're completely special). Earthquake is always nice for type coverage, but Fire Blast already hits all those steels, along with EQ resists such as Tangrowth. Hammer Arm OHKOs Blissey and Tyranitar, Pursuit hits whatever's switching out on you really hard, and then Zen Headbutt hits other random stuff, and has a nice flinch rate. Crunch is for Cresselia, doing a minimum of 50% to an +Def natured 252 HP/Def Cressie.

EVs:
Fire Blast can always 2HKO Skarm, Brozong, and a 252 HP Metagross. 20 Speed allows it to outspeed Blissey, Bronzong, neutral 0-Speed-EVd Tyranitar, and neutral 0-Speed-EVd Swampert. The rest goes into its nice HP stat. -SpDef nature because it already has better Def, and Sandstorm can fix that problem if you wish.

Note:
All Pokemon listed are the standards, such as Bold 252 HP/Def Blissey, Impish 252 HP/Def Hippowdon, with Leftovers, and so on.

I know Sub + LO = lol ur dead, but it works [with lots and lots of wish support]. I've had some people test it out on Shoddy (I can't get Shoddy to work for me), and they said it worked somewhat well. This set allows you to not use Earthquake because you can hit everything that EQ was for (and that Stone Edge couldn't hit) with Fire Blast, so you can switch it out for something to allow extra move-variety. Comments?

Heracross@Flame Orb
Jolly
40 HP, 252 Atk, 216 Spd
Guts
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Facade
-Megahorn/Night Slash

I run Megahorn in the last slot because the team that I use this on has no other way of taking down Cresselia. Night Slash is probably the better option. Anyways, the point of this set is to come in on a kill or something, and SD while your opponent switchs to a counter (which is what people normally do, since Heracross is still a big threat). After Flame Orb activates, you have +3 (872) attack. I run Jolly since it's stronger than most other Heracross builds, and you outspeed all the pokemon that hit 270 speed. With these EV's, you hit 286 speed, outspeeding all base 80's like Medicham. Facade does 65-70% to max HP/Def Gliscor, meaning Heracross has a chance to break through his main counter.

I've been using this set with great success on Shoddy, but Close Combat's side-effect has done me in more than once since even running a Jolly nature, Heracross isn't the fastest pokemon out there.

Heracross@Flame Orb
Jolly
40 HP, 252 Atk, 216 Spd
Guts
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Facade
-Megahorn/Night Slash

I run Megahorn in the last slot because the team that I use this on has no other way of taking down Cresselia. Night Slash is probably the better option. Anyways, the point of this set is to come in on a kill or something, and SD while your opponent switchs to a counter (which is what people normally do, since Heracross is still a big threat). After Flame Orb activates, you have +3 (872) attack. I run Jolly since it's stronger than most other Heracross builds, and you outspeed all the pokemon that hit 270 speed. With these EV's, you hit 286 speed, outspeeding all base 80's like Medicham. Facade does 65-70% to max HP/Def Gliscor, meaning Heracross has a chance to break through his main counter.

I've been using this set with great success on Shoddy, but Close Combat's side-effect has done me in more than once since even running a Jolly nature, Heracross isn't the fastest pokemon out there.
I've Tried that set before, and I'll tell you now, hera dies from the burn orb to quick to do anything, sounds good in theory, but not in reality

It all depends. Burn has killed Heracross plenty of times, but Heracross normally takes at least 1-2 pokemon with it. It's been pretty successful for me.

Hmm,
McSableye(MixedSet)@Leftovers/LifeOrb
Nature:Brave/Quiet
Ability:KeenEye

Moves:
NastyPlot
ShadowBall
BrickBreak
HpFlying/Recover

EVs: 240HP/168Atk/102SpAtk

The evs give it 301 hit points so it can survive three seismic tosses, lol, get it?. The atk EVs gets it to 250, and I put the remainder into its sp atk.

Slalamence@Life orb
*Heavy hitting mix*
Rash
252Sp.Atk/136Sp/restinto Atk

Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Haven't done any true calculations, but Draco Meteor is nearly as powerful as SpecMences. And because it has life Orbed Earthquake/Stone Edge, it isn't wall by Blessey. As said in the analisis, 136 Sp EVs to outspeed CBhera. Earthquake+StoneEdge+FireBlast already isn't resisted by anything. SoActually Drco is there as overkill.

ampibom@ life orb
adament nature

252atk/252spd/4 hp

fake out
pursuit
screech
u-turn (not doing anything, testing new move for this slot)

anyway, pretty standard, but screech and pursuit really screw over cresselias and bronzongs. after a screech does around 65% to cress and 35% to bronzong, if they switch out, which they almost always do.

doesnt seem like a lot, but i run a scarfchomp, and that extra damage is all he needs to sweep with outrage

ampibom@ life orb
adament nature

252atk/252spd/4 hp

fake out
pursuit
screech
u-turn (not doing anything, testing new move for this slot)

anyway, pretty standard, but screech and pursuit really screw over cresselias and bronzongs. after a screech does around 65% to cress and 35% to bronzong, if they switch out, which they almost always do.

doesnt seem like a lot, but i run a scarfchomp, and that extra damage is all he needs to sweep with outrage
unless you're expecting cresselia to switch out payback would do more damage than pursuit.

Heatran
move 1: Metal Sound
move 2: Magma Storm
Move 3: dark pulse
move 4: explosion/ filler
evs: max hp/ sp. attack
nature: mild/ modest
item: life orb
Pretty cool set that traps and kills special walls.

swear to God, if i see another "original salamence strategy" with Draco Meteor/BB/EQ/Fire Blast or any other standard move on it, i'm going to string you up by your nads and play tetherball(s).

anyway, there was a discussion a while back about Registeel, and i took this and modified it a little bit.

Registeel
name: .. Registeel (why do we need a name for them?!)
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Counter
move 4: Rest
item: Chesto Berry
ability: Clear Body
nature: Careful
evs: 252 Hp/240 Def/16SpDef

Registeel can eat and counter any unbuffed EQ or close combat and counter for an OHKO, as well as some buffed EQs. i tested in shoddy and successfully countered a CBChomp EQ. Also, Regi is a very good counter to Milotic and cresselia (toxic), a good sleep taker from gengar and yanmega, and excellent SRocker. However, fear Magnezone, as you will be just clicking counter till you die and it sets up.

(i apologize for the lack of number crunching, as i am the suck at such things.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)