Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Thanks everyone for the information. It seems likely that I'm accidentally using an API call specific to 10.6, though I tried my best to avoid it. I'll be looking into this further when I get home from work in a few hours and hopefully I can get it resolved. I may be bugging one or more of you to help test, since it will take some time for me to reinstall 10.5 on one of my machines.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I have made a small change that may fix the issues on 10.5. Unfortunately, I cannot test it myself at this time.

Is the link in the first post the updated version? I can redownload and test it once I have access to the desktop in a little bit.

EDIT: Ok I see the first post has been updated. Never mind. I'll test it soon.

Search was unable to produce a seed. I turned my game on at 9:30:30 this morning, so this wasn't a result of the same mistake I made yesterday.

Cobalion @relaxed nature
9 - 10 / 6 - 8 / 14 - 15 / 13 - 15 / 2 - 3 / 17
HP: 132
Atk: 83
Def: 130
SpA: 86
SpD: 66
Spd: 91

I downloaded 1.0.1 and attempting to open the program which gives this error in the system.log of the console;

Apr 4 10:01:03 PPRNG[220]: *** -[LauncherController awakeFromNib]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x103a240

The main PPRNG menu does not pop up, and the Window menu does not display anything besides the grayed out options to minimize/zoom or bring to front. The PPRNG icon however is displayed in my doc as being open and I can get the "About PPRNG" message to appear.

Hope this helps, and I'm more than happy to continue to help test things out. :)

Just wanted to say I just caught my first RNG'ed poke on Gen 5 with this (I know, I'm late to the party!)

Terrakion
Jolly
31/31/31/31/31/31

Found the spread on frame 3 so it was easy once I realized I was off by 1 second each time.

Standard seeds are so easy. Thanks for this program. :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I downloaded 1.0.1 and attempting to open the program which gives this error in the system.log of the console;

Apr 4 10:01:03 PPRNG[220]: *** -[LauncherController awakeFromNib]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x103a240

The main PPRNG menu does not pop up, and the Window menu does not display anything besides the grayed out options to minimize/zoom or bring to front. The PPRNG icon however is displayed in my doc as being open and I can get the "About PPRNG" message to appear.

Hope this helps, and I'm more than happy to continue to help test things out. :)
Thanks. It does at least somewhat confirm my suspicions. I've made one more small change (version is now 1.0.2), so please download it again when you have the chance.

Search was unable to produce a seed. I turned my game on at 9:30:30 this morning, so this wasn't a result of the same mistake I made yesterday.

Cobalion @relaxed nature
9 - 10 / 6 - 8 / 14 - 15 / 13 - 15 / 2 - 3 / 17
HP: 132
Atk: 83
Def: 130
SpA: 86
SpD: 66
Spd: 91
Did you do anything differently this time? Did you take any steps before talking to Coballion? Is this the same DS and retail cartridge that you could find your seed on yesterday? Did you perhaps accidentally hold down a button while starting up?

I can confirm that PPRNG will launch with all windows accessible in OS X 10.5.8 as of the 1.0.2 update. Excellent work! I am sure many Mac users on Smogon will find your program useful.

I can confirm that PPRNG will launch with all windows accessible in OS X 10.5.8 as of the 1.0.2 update. Excellent work! I am sure many Mac users on Smogon will find your program useful.
Seconding this. Thanks for the update, now I can run it on either computer. Just need to copy my config data over. :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Thanks Arseus, Carefree Cradily, and Nightmare13 for help with the 10.5 issues.

When do you suppose the tutorial for this will come out? I'm not rushing or anything, I'm just curious. Thanks.
I'm waiting for the official Gen 5 tutorials which are currently in the works to come out first. If there's something specific that needs to be added in relation to PPRNG then I will do so at that point.

After being walked through the process by Nightmare13, I was able to get everything working just fine. As I expected, all my problems were user related :/ Thanks for the excellent program.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
After being walked through the process by Nightmare13, I was able to get everything working just fine.
Glad to hear it, and thanks for the assist Nightmare13.

I am not able to get the shiny only part to work.
Edit:
Ok, issue found and fixed. I have successfully RNG'd for a shiny now using the results of this. Please update to 1.0.3.

As noted before, even if you don't check "Shiny Only" it will still tell you if it finds a shiny in the first 1000 PID frames without filtering out other frames. Also, if you choose a specific nature, your chances of finding a low-frame shiny decrease by a factor of 25. It's much better to look for any shiny with a low PID frame (close to 60 is good) and then see if synchronize will work in that frame (by looking in the seed inspector).

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great program, especially with my Windows Partion on my Mac failing badly right now...

But just out of curiousity, is there a way to search for encounter slots?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
But just out of curiousity, is there a way to search for encounter slots?
At the moment, the only way to search for encounter slots is to do it manually.

Open your seed in the seed inspector (double click on the result row in the seed searcher) and under the frames tab, generate the PID frames for that seed using the frame type appropriate to what you're doing. You can then scroll through and look at the ESV column there. There's some links floating around in the Gen 5 help thread to map the ESV to a Poke based on where you are.

In a future version I will be adding the ability to find specific results in the frame list to simplify the process a bit.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Thank you, this works rather well. :) However, I have experienced one problem.

I entered my MAC address into the DS configuration screen. The first four digits were 00-17. Yet, when I transferred to the Seed Searcher screen, the Mac address at the top showed 00-16. Similarly, VFrame was found to be 8 yet the Seed Searcher screen displayed 6.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Thank you, this works rather well. :) However, I have experienced one problem.

I entered my MAC address into the DS configuration screen. The first four digits were 00-17. Yet, when I transferred to the Seed Searcher screen, the Mac address at the top showed 00-16. Similarly, VFrame was found to be 8 yet the Seed Searcher screen displayed 6.
As discussed on IRC, I don't have a clue what happened here, unfortunately, but thank you for the feedback. The handling of the configurations needs to be reworked slightly anyway, so I will hope that any mysterious stuff like this goes away when that happens.

If anyone has a problem like this, please report it, preferably with a screenshot if possible. The work around for Cecil was to go back into the config panel via the search screen's edit button and fix the strange values.

I peed a little when I saw this.... THANKS! <333
You're... welcome?

Thank you very much, I waited the last month for a program with the non c-gear search and it's for mac, wow ^_____^
Now, I can go on and encounter Zekrom and see the last bits of the game.

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the assist Nightmare13.

Edit:
Ok, issue found and fixed. I have successfully RNG'd for a shiny now using the results of this. Please update to 1.0.3.

As noted before, even if you don't check "Shiny Only" it will still tell you if it finds a shiny in the first 1000 PID frames without filtering out other frames. Also, if you choose a specific nature, your chances of finding a low-frame shiny decrease by a factor of 25. It's much better to look for any shiny with a low PID frame (close to 60 is good) and then see if synchronize will work in that frame (by looking in the seed inspector).
No problem. :P

Great job on the updates. Now if anyone can help me find my SID I can catch some shinies. :P

Im really having trouble with this...

Im doing DS Parameter Searcher to get my seed from a wild Pokemon's IVs, etc...

but then I put it into the Standard Seed Inspector and it doesn't come up with anything max IVs...

What do.

Ok, so I think I understand... I put my stuff into the DS/Game Config but now when I try and search for a Seed with the Standard Seed Searcher and hit Search the blue bar just sorta sits...

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Ok, so I think I understand... I put my stuff into the DS/Game Config but now when I try and search for a Seed with the Standard Seed Searcher and hit Search the blue bar just sorta sits...
Please provide details (all DS Parameters, and your search parameters) or I can't help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)