Predictions, crucial predictions, overpredictions, and LOLS in ubers

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi smogon. In the time ive been on this site lurking around in the forums or simply just hiding away from the discussion. I’ve been trying to figure out a true way to actually give something to the community. I’ve read warstories and liked how the battle is portrayed and left with in depth commentary so that you could literally feel the tension happening in the battle. I wanted to try making one as well so I felt that would be a great way to give back to the community. Seeing that there is always OU battles on warstories, one challenge cup, 2 doubles, 1 triples, no lc, and a few ubers, I decided that making one that is not ou would interest the community the most, and with balance being the most important thing that everyone’s trying to achieve with the policy review, so why not use the balanced uber tier?
So while looking for a match on the ladder to write about after being on a losing streak thanks to watching HAX in 4D destroy my team. In a desperate attempt to stop watching hax (to think that’s cruel and unsusual punishment too), the living movie and to get a good battle in an incredibly hot summer, I turned on the computer and started searching. Little did I know that the match I was about to get was going to be full of the most intense mind games I’ve ever experienced.

Note: This piece/warstory was written by an amateur

Secondary note: Leftovers and passive healing like rain dish is omitted after their first mention to make the battle much shorter.

Another note: My comments are in dark red, log is bolded, and score + hp + status of pokes+ crucial predictions at the turn is located at the bottom of the comments in normal black font.
The team preview
Mr.lol’s team

Cheap_uber_battler’s team

I see my oppenents team and I make a few predictions before the battle. It’s obviously a sun team since it has groudon and since he has no dragon resist other then forry. I’m pretty confident that his arceus is holding the iron plate and has some special defense evs invested into it since dragons would be killer id not. Either that or im succumbing to the fact that just about every team has a dragon resist ._. Rayquaza can get an unsuspecting ohko into that groudon due to the fact its natures + evs were specifically designed to do that and since it’s a sun team chances are pretty high that he will lead with groudon so rayquaza it is. Also im pretty confident that palkia in there is designed to counter specsogre so its either scarf or an all out attacker. Regardless of the case, the fact that this team’s worst enemy, ho-oh is in there, means that im going to need to keep kyogre alive and get rid of groudon very quickly.

Battle between cheap_uber_battler and Mr.loltestgimmicks started!

Tier: Wifi Ubers
Variation: +23, -9
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
vs

Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Rayquaza!
cheap_uber_battler sent out Groudon!
Rayquaza has Air Lock!
The foe's Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

Groudon leads the other team off and since rayquaza's out, I can ohko it with a draco meteor if its the standard support groudon. Almost every groudon is confident enough to stone edge Rayquaza into oblivion and believe that it can take on a rayquaza and be at least 3hkoed by an outrage. I hope he doesn’t run some special groudon and that my meteors hit their target.
---
Vs.
->

Start of turn 1
Rayquaza used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Groudon lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Groudon fainted!
Rayquaza's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Rayquaza is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sunlight is strong!

Groudon's gone and I’ve literally won the weather war meaning the downpours shall continue once they start… which may take a while. Ho-oh’s effectiveness as being the largest threat to this team just went down to something that can’t hurt a wrumple.
cheap_uber_battler sent out Ho-Oh!
The foe's Ho-Oh is exerting its Pressure!

He sends ho-oh out I guess to abuse the limited sun before it goes down. I know it has a pitiful base 90 defense stat and an amazing special defense base of 154. However its too risky outraging in front of ho-oh since he has forretress and I think he knows that too. I do know that extremespeed should do a decent chunk of damage and since almost every ho-oh runs sub I think he will be tempted to roost afterwards. If I manage to switch into him on the roost I know I can attempt to get this bird phased out of here and the next time he comes back hopefully can be when the downpour starts.

Rayquaza:90% - 2 Sp. Atk
Ho-oh: 100%
Score: 5-6
---
Vs.

Start of turn 2
Rayquaza used ExtremeSpeed!
The foe's Ho-Oh lost 28% of its health!

The foe's Ho-Oh used Substitute!
The foe's Ho-Oh made a substitute!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Ho-Oh restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Part 1 of my tiny two part plan is complete. Now time to get this phoenix out of here. I can switch to Arceus on what I think will be the roost. If Arceus can get in safely, he can use perish song to put pressure on him and give me time to a) think of my next moves, and b) make it rain.

Crucial predictions: Mr.lol-1
Cheap_uber_battler-0
Rayquaza: 80% -2 Sp. Atk
Ho-oh: 53% + sub
---
->
Vs.

Start of turn 3
Mr.loltestgimmicks called Rayquaza back!
Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Arceus-Ghost!

The foe's Ho-Oh used Roost!
The foe's Ho-Oh landed on the ground!
The foe's Ho-Oh regained health!

My plan managed to get through perfectly. I managed to safely get arceus in, and in exchange Ho-oh gets a free sub. The sub should be useless after a perish song though. He did show me that he has sub and roost, which means he probably has sacred fire and brave bird as coverage moves. Regardless time to sing a depressing song D:.
Crucial predictions: Mr.lol-2
Cheap_uber_battler-0
Arceus-ghost: 100%
Ho-oh: 100% + sub
The sunlight is strong!
---
Vs.

Start of turn 4
Arceus-Ghost used Perish Song!
All Pokémon hearing the song will faint in three turns!

The foe's Ho-Oh used Sacred Fire!
Arceus-Ghost lost 228 HP! (51% of its health)
Arceus-Ghost was burned!

The sunlight is strong!
Arceus-Ghost is hurt by its burn!
Arceus-Ghost's perish count fell to 3.
The foe's Ho-Oh's perish count fell to 3.

Sigh arceus gets burned D: wouldn’t call that hax though since it’s a 50% chance of happening. Well the clock is ticking and I just put a lot of pressure on ho-oh. I run enough speed evs to outspeed all base 90s, so I do know I can recover the damage off before he can go for the sacred fire. I think going into kyogre would be a better choice though since he probably knows he can’t do anything to arceus with a brave bird. I don’t know though, I feel it’s too risky, and if ho-oh brave birds, kyogre will have only taken the weather away, and crippled himself for the rest of the match. I can't afford to have one of the two things on my team that can reliably damage ho-oh down, so Arceus can just stay in and stomach any attack.
Arceus-ghost: 37% + burn + 3 turn perish song count
Ho-oh: 100% + sub + 3 turn perish song count
---
Vs.

Start of turn 5
Arceus-Ghost used Recover!
Arceus-Ghost regained health!

The foe's Ho-Oh used Brave Bird!
Arceus-Ghost lost 174 HP! (39% of its health)
The foe's Ho-Oh is hit with recoil!

The sunlight is strong!
Arceus-Ghost's perish count fell to 2.
The foe's Ho-Oh's perish count fell to 2.

Another perish song turn passes and the pressure put on ho-oh is magnified. Arceus can take 1 more sacred fire hit in the sun and then take advantage of the fact ho-oh is going to be forced to switch next turn. If he switches now I get free recovery, but then next turn I’ll be forced to switch. Still looks like recovering is the best move and arceus needs healing.
Arceus-ghost: 36%+ burn+ perish song count 2
Ho-oh:100%+sub+ perish song count 2
---
Vs.
->

Start of turn 6
cheap_uber_battler called Ho-Oh back!
cheap_uber_battler sent out Giratina-O!

The sunlight is strong!
Arceus-Ghost's perish count fell to 1.

He decides to switch out this turn meaning all the pressure ho-oh had on him just got transfered to arceus. To make matters worse giratina-o can threaten most of the team with a STAB dragon type move and hp fire, the two moves that arceus can easily stomach. If arceus does stomach the blow, he'll die from his own depressing singing. He’s my only mixed wall and probably the only thing that can take hits from ho-oh. I think switching is obvious to my opponent, but right now the question is how will cheap_uber_battler react to my switch. Going for the dragon type move seems like the best option for hittting something unknown because of the incredible coverage it gets but that means switching in a steel type is the only way to get an advantage. If he predicts that and goes for the hp fire, ill lose a steel since the sun is shining. Hp fire can be taken by kyogre, and I don’t want my steels to go down yet.

Crucial predictions: Mr.lol-2
Cheap_uber_battler-1
Arceus-ghost: 74% + burn + perish song count 1
Giratina-o: 100%
---
->
vs

Start of turn 7
Mr.loltestgimmicks called Arceus-Ghost back!
Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Kyogre!

Kyogre's Drizzle made it rain!
The foe's Giratina-O used Shadow Sneak!
Kyogre lost 100 HP! (29% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Or he could be sneaky with his shadows, but regardless I managed to make it rain and nothing can stop the rain now (except rayquaza). However, almost every giratina-o runs Hp fire, (especcialy if it’s a sun team), draco meteor, and shadow sneak. I think its safe to assume that the last move is outrage. Regardless I do have something that can take dragon hits from both sides of the spectrum. Since it’s so unused it can easily change the tempo of the match and I can take advantage of my opponent’s reaction. I probably am the only person that uses a dual screen rachi that abuses the fact that its common switch in’s to the hax maker set are destroyed by rayquaza.

Crucial predictions: Mr.lol-3
Cheap_uber_battler-1
Kyogre: 71%
---
->
vs

Start of turn 8
Mr.loltestgimmicks called Kyogre back!
Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Jirachi!

The foe's Giratina-O used Draco Meteor!
It's not very effective...
Jirachi lost 105 HP! (25% of its health)
The foe's Giratina-O's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Rain continues to fall!

Jirachi took the draco meteor nicely and i think its time to set up some screens. I expect cheap_uber_battler to send in forretress since that can take being paraflinched to death. My idea is completely different though. I’m going to cripple my opponents palkia that’s hiding in there with a light screen so that it cannot touch my ferrothorn and so that I can ease my prediction.
Crucial Predictions: Mr.lol- 4
Cheap_uber_battler- 1
Jirachi: 75%
---
vs
->

Start of turn 9
cheap_uber_battler called Giratina-O back!SS

Jirachi used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised Mr.loltestgimmicks's team special defense!

Rain continues to fall!

And he sends in ho-oh instead… I have absolutely no idea why. Fire types can take steel moves and he can pp stall me out of them is my best guess. I don't know what my opponent's reasoning is, but I do know that jirachi will take more from a sacred fire from ho-oh then a brave bird, and that ho-oh has no special moves. Setting up a reflect can help the rest of the team take all of ho-oh's hits, which looks like the best option, so that will be what jirachi will use.
Cheap_uber_battler-2
Jirachi: 75% + Light screen
Ho-oh: 100%
---
vs

Start of turn 10

Jirachi used Reflect!
Reflect raised Mr.loltestgimmicks's team defense!

Rain continues to fall!

I set up a reflect showing that phoenix it’s teddy bear in High definition while weakening any sacred fire’s/brave birds that he may use. I want to get a free switch to kyogre who can surf to threaten that bird out so I'm going to u-turn to scout and damage that teddy bear by a non-existent percentage.
Jirachi: 75% + light screen + reflect
Ho-oh: 81%%+substitute
: 80%
75%
100%
100%
71%
Known to be ghost: 74% + burn

Hazards:
Mr.lol: none
Cheap_uber_battler: none
Score: 6-5
Crucial Prediction count:
Mr.lol-3
Cheap_uber_battler-2
Plan: Scout out what form his arceus is and get some hazards up to make arceus’s phasing of ho-oh useful. Prevent forry from setting up hazards at the same time to let me keep my switching.

---
->
vs

Start of turn 11
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 84 HP! (20% of its health)
Jirachi was burned!

Jirachi used U-turn!
The foe's Ho-Oh's substitute took the damage!
Mr.loltestgimmicks called Jirachi back!

Rain continues to fall!

Jirachi gets burned too but he shouldn’t care about it. I can actually use kyogre now since he’s shielded by a reflect, and not 2hkoed by the brave bird. Drowning that bird with surf can do some damage to this monster with a base 154 sp def. I know he’s going to use the sub to his advantage and use it just to see what move I use. He can then check whether I'm choiced by sending in a pokemon that resist's the move. Sadly I am choiced so I have to fall victim to this, but I can chose whether surfing or thundering is a better idea. Locking myself into a surf will make him want to switch in to palkia, while locking myself into thunder … I don’t want some arceus who might be grass to come in and set up calm mind's from a thunder. If its ground… oh no swords dance sweep D:.
Kyogre: 71% + light screen + reflect
Ho-oh: 87% + sub
---
vs

Start of turn 12
Kyogre used Surf!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ho-Oh's substitute faded!

Kyogre lost 135 HP! (39% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

I know he doesn’t want to be drowned so it’s obvious he’s going to switch to palkia. Wait what if he knows I know he’s going to switch something into a favorable match-up against palkia? That might be the case and if it is the case then surfing is the best way to get damage on something even if it is a palkia.
Kyogre: 32%+ light screen+ reflect
Ho-oh: 93%
---
vs
->

Start of turn 13
cheap_uber_battler sent out Palkia!

The foe's Palkia is exerting its Pressure!
Kyogre used Surf!
The foe's Palkia lost 19% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Well cheap_uber_battler didn't expect me to switch or he see I’m still at a disadvantage in this case, and I’m pretty sure he will go for the thunder since all palkia carry it, and im tempted to switch into ferrothorn to resist the blow. Palkia also learns fire blast though, and he could be predicting that. Tentacruel can take any hit from that thing behind a light screen including a thunder so switching to tentacruel seems like the best option.

Kyogre: 32%+ light screen+ reflect
Palkia: 81%
---
->
vs

Start of turn 14
Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Tentacruel!

The foe's Palkia used Thunder!
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 104 HP! (28% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Tentacruel's Rain Dish heals it!
Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Gee, I wonder how stall and to a greater extent trickroom works behind all this prediction madness <.<. Trickroom if you are reading this please kindly comment on how you do it. Now back to the story, Tentacruel takes the thunder nicely and I do know that it can take quite a few more so I’m going to set up my toxic spikes now to attempt to poison arceus, and palkia whenever he comes back.

Cheap_uber_battler-3
Tentacruel: 84%+ light screen + reflect
Palkia: 81%
---
vs

Start of turn 15
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 102 HP! (28% of its health)

Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of cheap_uber_battler's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Tentacruel takes another thunder wonderfully, (looks at forry and asks him to take a flamethrower). Now all the phasing that arceus will be doing will actually have something coming in return.

Tentacruel: 68% +light screen + reflect
Palkia: 81% + 1 layer of toxic spikes
---
vs

Start of turn 16
It's super effective!
Tentacruel lost 100 HP! (27% of its health)

Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of cheap_uber_battler's team!

Mr.loltestgimmicks's light screen wore off!
Rain continues to fall!

Light screen wore off last turn, so I can’t take another thunder nearly as nicely as earlier. I’m going to protect to get some free recovery and enjoy my rain. I’m almost certain he won’t take advantage of my want for recovery and switch on the protect. It’s like that urge you have to hit ferrothorn with a flamethrower when the rain finally goes away, except you don't know it has protect. Of course if that situation happened I’d use rayquaza since he could care less about that but that’s beyond the point.
Tentacruel: 52% + reflect
Palkia: 81% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs

Start of turn 17
Tentacruel used Protect!
Tentacruel protected itself!

Mr.loltestgimmicks's reflect wore off!
Rain continues to fall!

All right now I need to figure out if this thing really is scarfed or just something holding a lustrous orb bluffing the scarf. I’ll switch to ferrothorn to resist the thunder, get some spike support, and check palkia’s item.
Tentacruel: 64%
---
->
vs

Start of turn 18
Mr.loltestgimmicks called Tentacruel back!
Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Ferrothorn!

Ferrothorn lost 74 HP! (21% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Ferrothorn restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Actually since I’m in safely why not just turn palkia with a purpose to palkia useless? If I manage to paralyze palkia whether he’s scarf or an all out attacker he will have to become useless. Anything else that comes in also won’t like being paralyzed or poisoned so it’s a win-win situation.
Ferrothorn: 85%
---
vs
->

Start of turn 19
cheap_uber_battler called Palkia back!
cheap_uber_battler sent out Forretress!

Ferrothorn used Thunder Wave!
The foe's Forretress is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Rain continues to fall!

Remember when I said earlier nothing would like being either paralyzed or poisoned? I admit I was wrong. If forretress has gyro ball I just amplified its power. I don’t want forretress to spin tentacruel’s hard earned hazards away so I’m going to go to my arceus-ghost to spin block, because I need that palkia to be poisoned since cheap_uber_battler obviously is not going to bring it into its doom. Still I figured one thing out for sure, palkia was definetly scarfed since he switched out at the sight of the word its not very effective.
Ferrothorn: 91%
Forretress: 100% + paralysis + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
->
vs
->

Start of turn 20
Mr.loltestgimmicks called Ferrothorn back!

The foe's Forretress used Volt Switch!
Arceus-Ghost lost 26 HP! (5% of its health)
cheap_uber_battler called Forretress back!

Rain continues to fall!

Forretress didn’t spin but predicted a switch and used volt switch to take some momentum. Since most forretress run rapid spin + 2 hazards + extra move or rapid spin + hazard + pain split + extra, I beleive he doesn't have gyro ball. He sends out the dragon spin blocker that I probably could ko with judgment. I think I have enough hp to live a shadow sneak, and draco meteor can't ohko me because of my sp def investment so I’m going to get some health back.

Cheap_Uber_battler-4
Arceus-ghost: 62% + burn
Giratina-o: 100% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
55% + burn
91%
64%
32%
Known to be ghost: 62% + burn

Hazards:
Mr.lol: 2 layers of Toxic spikes
Cheap_uber_battler: none
Mr.lol-3
Cheap_uber_battler-4
Plan: Scout out what form his arceus is and poison palkia. Prevent forry from setting up hazards at the same time to let me keep my switching.

---
vs

Start of turn 21
It's super effective!
Arceus-Ghost lost 138 HP! (31% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

All right so I can take a shadow sneak so that means I can recover until I get to decent hp and ko with a judgment. So just keep on recovering. Also I think I doubt it has outrage now for his last move since shadow sneak did such a low number. Whatever that move is though is beyond my sight right now so I’ll just have to wait. I might not even need to know what it is if I manage to kill it first.
Arceus-Ghost: 69% + burn
Giratina-o: 100%+ 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
->
vs

Start of turn 22

The foe's Giratina-O used Dragon Tail!
Arceus-Ghost lost 105 HP! (23% of its health)
Rayquaza was dragged out!
Rayquaza has Air Lock!
Rain continues to fall!

He uses his last move, dragon tail, revealing to me giratina-o's move pool. Thankfully half the team doesn’t care about being phazed at the moment since there’s no spikes. Still I’ve been dragon tailed into something that ohkoes that living/dead dragon with some meteors. Forry won’t enjoy them and that living dead dragon must cease to break the laws of physics. Something’s going to get hurt here.

Rayquaza: 80%
Giratina-o: 100% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs
->

Start of turn 23
cheap_uber_battler called Giratina-O back!
cheap_uber_battler sent out Arceus-Steel!

Rayquaza used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Arceus-Steel lost 39% of its health!
Rayquaza's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Cheap_uber_battler sends in arceus-steel revealing to me his arceus form. The damage a resisted meteor did to Arceus was a bit odd though. Draco Meteor should have done something around 25% if he invested in a decent chunk of special defense. I feared this arceus and it’s a steel type without much Sp def investment. This means I can pull off a kyogre clean if I manage to get kyogre in safely, if I get rid of palkia, and destroy giratina-o. My end game plan is about to be formed mid game lol. Im going to need some hazards though in order to pull this clean off though and arceus-steel shouldn’t be able to touch ferrothorn, and I want to seed that thing.

Rayquaza: 70%
Arceus-Steel: 61% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
->
Vs.

Start of turn 24
Mr.loltestgimmicks called Rayquaza back!

The foe's Arceus-Steel used Recover!
The foe's Arceus-Steel regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

I want some recovery and right now arceus should be a big large sitting duck, and ferrothorn should be able to get some recovery and set up at the same time. Since nothings a grass type on the other team I don’t have to worry too much about switches either. Ferrothorn doesn’t mind being burned either since his whole team pretty much resists power whip.
Ferrothorn: 91%
Arceus-Steel: 100% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
Vs.
->

Start of turn 25
cheap_uber_battler called Arceus-Steel back!

Ferrothorn used Leech Seed!
The foe's Forretress was seeded!
Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Forretress's health is sapped by leech seed.

With a clean in the middle of my mind I need to make sure that Forretress does not spin my hazards away. Cheap_uber_battler also only knows three of arceus’s moves, meaning I can still bluff that I have focus miss or fire blast with me for coverage.
Ferrothorn: 100%
Forretress: 90% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
->
vs.

Start of turn 26
Mr.loltestgimmicks called Ferrothorn back!

The foe's Forretress used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Mr.loltestgimmicks's team!
Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Forretress restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Forretress's health is sapped by leech seed.

Forry comes in and predicts my ghostly switch in. I have the urge to use focus miss on him, when I really don’t have it, but he doesn’t know that. Since judgment and focus miss get perfect coverage im going to judge that forry because I predict a switch into something that resists fire blast or focus miss. Since ghost, fighting get perfect coverage, forry's switch in should be hit neutrally or SE wise from a judgment, if forry switches.
Forretress: 86% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
Arceus-Ghost: 88%ish+ 1 layer of spikes
---
Vs.
->

Start of turn 27

Arceus-Ghost used Judgment!
It's super effective!
The foe's Giratina-O lost 79% of its health!
Rain continues to fall!

The focus miss threat was enough for him to send giratina into my trap. My end game clean is slowly turning into a threat that cheap_uber_battler doesn’t know of. He should send palkia to revenge this thing which will finally be poisoned and crippled. It doesn’t matter if arceus dies in the process, nothing else can be poisoned anyway by toxic spikes.

Crucial preditions: Mr.lol-4
Cheap_uber_battler-4
Ghost-Arceus: 76% + 1 layer of spikes
Giratina-o: 21% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
--- Because of smogon's image limit the rest of the warstory will be moved to the next post

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Start of turn 28
It's super effective!
Arceus-Ghost lost 134 HP! (30% of its health)

Arceus-Ghost used Judgment!
It's super effective!
The foe's Giratina-O lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Giratina-O fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Not sure why he sent out ho-oh as he could’ve easily just revenged this thing with palkia, and I wanted that thing poisoned but cheap_uber_battler must have his own reasoning. Looks like arceus isn’t going to faint yet even though he was supposed be a ghost, which are supposed to be dead but I’m getting side tracked. I'm going to recover to get some hp since a noninvested judgment isn’t hurting this thing.
Arceus-Ghost: 34% + 1 layer of spikes + burn
Ho-oh: 100% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
Score 6-4
---
vs.

Start of turn 29

Rain continues to fall!

Ho-oh gets his sub up, but I’m now not about to die from residual damage :D. I’m going to keep on recovering to keep my hp high and I shouldn't be losing too much hp even after brave birds and burn. He should just be killing himself now and I do know that I can force a perish song when he does roost to put pressure and force a switch. Nothing will happen for the next few turns but a bit of stall so im going to to lower the size of it. The 10 turn status will still show up though.
Arceus-Ghost: 72% + 1 layer of spikes + burn
Ho-oh: 75% + sub + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
Start of turn 30

Arceus-Ghost lost 186 HP! (41% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

55% + burn
91%
64%
32%
Known to be ghost: 47% + burn

Hazards:
Cheap_uber_battler: 1 layer of spikes
Mr.lol-4
Cheap_uber_battler-4
Plan: Prevent forry from setting up hazards to let me keep my kyogre alive. Lure out Palkia to get poisoned.

---
Start of turn 31

Rain continues to fall!
Arceus-Ghost: 88% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 100% + 2 layers of toxic spikes

---
vs.
->

Start of turn 32

Arceus-Ghost used Perish Song!
All Pokémon hearing the song will faint in three turns!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Arceus-Steel's perish count fell to 3.
Arceus-Ghost's perish count fell to 3.

I don’t know if that was predicted but it does put a time limit on arceus, I think my hp is high enough so I should be able to get a quick status off on arceus. I don’t think im going to be able to do what I did to giratina to a palkia or ho-oh, so time to lift of my bluff.
Arceus Ghost: 76% + 1 layer of spikes
Arceus Steel: 100% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs.

Start of turn 33
The foe's Arceus-Steel used Judgment!
Arceus-Ghost lost 118 HP! (26% of its health)

Arceus-Ghost used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Arceus-Steel was burned!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Arceus-Steel is hurt by its burn!
The foe's Arceus-Steel's perish count fell to 2.
Arceus-Ghost's perish count fell to 2.

Im going to keep on recovering to keep up my hp, im not damaging this thing with a 0 sp atk invested, resisted judgment. Get that burn damage to stack a bit on the other thing too. Judgment does a surprisingly low amount of damage though I don’t know what kind of investment he runs on that thing, but since he ouspeeds me he runs over 124 speed investment or a + speed raising nature with odd evs. Im confident he’s invested in 252ish hp and 252ish speed with some defence for the leftover 4 evs. Since he has judgment I guess he could be running a support steelceus.
Arceus Ghost- 88% + 1 layer of spikes + perish count 2
Arceus Steel- 88% + 2 layers of toxic spikes + perish count 2
---
vs.

Start of turn 34
The foe's Arceus-Steel used Judgment!
Arceus-Ghost lost 129 HP! (29% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Arceus-Steel is hurt by its burn!
The foe's Arceus-Steel's perish count fell to 1.
Arceus-Ghost's perish count fell to 1.

Well we’re going to have a double switch and the outcome of it disrupts the whole match <.<. Well I know he wouldn’t switch palkia in because of toxic spikes. Ray ohkoes forry with fire blast, and can rage on ho-oh if nessecary so it looks like Ray’s the best thing that can go in.
Arceus Ghost-88%+ burn + layer of spikes+ perish count 1
Arceus Steel-76% + burn + 2 layers of spikes + perish count 1

---
->
vs.
->

Start of turn 35
cheap_uber_battler called Arceus-Steel back!

Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Rayquaza!

Rayquaza has Air Lock!
Rain continues to fall!

Perfect, because of airlock I can destory forry even with the rain up. Who needs a spin blocker when you can have a rayquaza XD.
Rayquaza: 80% + 1 layer of spikes
Forretress:90%ish + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs.
->

Start of turn 36

Rayquaza used Fire Blast!
The foe's Ho-Oh lost 17% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

That move was as obvious as the fact that a miltank didn’t jump over the moon isn’t it ._. I should’ve extremespeeded so that thing could be knocked cold by my outrage. Still this is annoying. Not only did he predict the move he used the pokemon with the same numbers as forry in the pokedex (250, 205) in a different order to take the hit. Oh well extremespeeding him now shouldn’t make a large difference, outraging puts me at risk of becoming set-up for forry at the moment.
Rayquaza: 70% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 83% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs.
->

Start of turn 37

The foe's Forretress lost 12% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Cheap_uber_battler's abusing prediction with synergy to make rayquaza suicidal. I think at this point I should go for the fire blast but I think cheap_uber_battler knows that I'm noticing my life orb recoil so what better thing to do then literally play obvious. After this I even have half a mind to go to the ubers combination thread to put Forry + Ho-oh since its actually screwing me over, so defensive yet so offensive, and very strategetic.
Rayquaza: 60% + 1 layer of spikes
Forretress: Around 84% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs.
->

Start of turn 38

Rayquaza used Fire Blast!
The foe's Ho-Oh lost 18% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr.loltestgimmicks: life orbs killing me lol

Refusing to take the risk of over predicting.
Rayquaza: 50% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 71% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs.

Start of turn 39
The foe's Ho-Oh lost 32% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Tempted to fire blast, but I refuse the urge. In hindsight extremespeeding now was a terrible move. I could have gotten rid of ho-oh right here with an outrage, but I didn't think it would do so much.
Rayquaza: 40% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 89% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs.

Start of turn 40
The foe's Ho-Oh lost 33% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

This Ho-oh is abusing rayquaza’s LO damage, don’t think ill be able to stop him… I suppose rayquaza will have to go down maiming ho-oh, still did its job and removed groudon from the game.
Rayquaza: 30% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 40% + sub + 2 layers of toxic spikes
: 30%
55% + burn
91%
64%
32%
Known to be ghost: 47% + burn

Hazards:
Mr.lol-4
Cheap_uber_battler-4
Plan: Prevent forry from setting up hazards to let me keep my kyogre alive. Lure out Palkia to get poisoned, and hopefully get some damage on it in the meantime.

---
vs.

Start of turn 41

Rain continues to fall!

I’m about to kill myself because of LO and its impossible for me to become set up bait for forry since I’ll kill myself before that, might as well get a powerful outrage of on this phoenix.
Rayquaza: 20%
Ho-oh: 96%
---
vs.

Start of turn 42
Rayquaza used Outrage!
The foe's Ho-Oh lost 69% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
Rayquaza: 10%
Ho-oh: 8% + sub
---
->
vs.

Start of turn 43
Rayquaza used Outrage!
Rayquaza fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Kyogre is hurt by spikes!

Rayquaza was victim to a phoenix’s smart manuvers even after he went on an outrage. He still managed to give kyogre a free switch and kill groudon, but that is the past, and ray did his job. Now Kyogre must revenge the phoenix because of the misdeed. Now I know that it’s a bit obvious that palkia is the only thing that can take a surf meaning its finally going to get poisoned. I don't want to have palkia switch in on a ridiculously weak attack either. Using thunder should scare it and deal some good damage at the same time.
Kyogre: 26% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 64% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
5-4
---
vs.
->

Start of turn 44
The foe's Palkia was poisoned!

The foe's Palkia is exerting its Pressure!
Kyogre used Thunder!
The foe's Palkia lost 42% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Palkia is hurt by poison!

Palkia took a hefty chunk of damage from that thunder and I do know my kyogre clean is in sight since palkia can’t afford to switch in alive if I get some spikes up. Palkia finally got poisoned though so that probably means its going to have to switch soon too I can take advantage of that and use it to have ferrothorn set up free spikes on the switch. I can’t afford to have kyogre get hurt, I'm predicting a thunder and I need spikes so go ferrothorn!

Crucial Predictions: Mr.lol-5
Cheap_uber_battler-4
Kyogre: 26% + 1 layers of spikes
Palkia: 33% at the time + badly poisoned + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
->
vs.

Start of turn 45
Ferrothorn is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Palkia used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
Ferrothorn lost 296 HP! (84% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Palkia is hurt by poison!
cheap_uber_battler: physically defensive
Mr.loltestgimmicks: ya.... you can tell by the damage right?

I just walked straight into his trap. I suppose that’s what I get for using physically defensive ferrothorn, but it has purposes against other teams. Ferrothorn is pretty much useless right now so im just going to pick spikes in case he over predicts or something. I’m sure that I am much calmer then him at the moment lol and he’s probably thinking at the moment that I'm going to switch into something that resists fire blast.

Crucial predictions: Mr.lol-5
Cheap_uber_battler- 5
Ferrothorn: 16% + 1 layer of spikes
Palkia: 21% + 2 layers of toxic spikes
---
vs.
->

Start of turn 46
cheap_uber_battler called Palkia back!

Ferrothorn used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of cheap_uber_battler's team!

Rain continues to fall!

He over predicts which gives me a chance to set up hazards. Only 2 more layers to go until palkia is useless. Ho-oh’s not dead and I know tentacruel can outspeed him because of his higher base speed to get rid of any subs that ho-oh might make. Arceus can just sing depressing songs if it needs ho-oh to get rid of its sub voluntarily or face being useless. It’s more important to weaken palkia as much as possible so that I can actually pull of a kyogre clean. Still I think he sees a switch coming so he will probably just sub up to be safe. Unaware of what I have in my mind.
Ferrothorn: 22% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 64% + 2 layers of toxic spikes + 1 layer of spikes
---
vs.

Start of turn 47

Ferrothorn used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!

I don’t think he gets that kyogre can clean once palkia’s gone. I suppose hiding its item was worth it but at this point, I think he knows ferrothorn also can’t do anything to ho-oh and he’s taking advantage of it. Ferrothorn can however kill palkia silently by attacking its feet with spikes. However, I can always phaze him out or just fling boiling water at him. I think he’s going to roost so that he can live any hit for sure from anything, with the exception of kyogre.
Ferrothorn: 28% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 45% + sub + 2 layers of spikes + 2 layers of toxic spikes
Start of turn 48

Ferrothorn used Spikes!

Rain continues to fall!

Ok the score is essentailly down one poke and the spikes are just helping me kill that really awkward arceus right now. Not even hax can save the win now and he essentially needs to spin soon beofre kyogre comes in. Arceus-Ghost will make forry's spining job hard easily so I don't need to worry about that. Ferrothorn you did your job perfectly but sadly you are just a fodder now.
Ferrothorn: 34% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 100% + sub + 2 layers of toxic spikes + 3 layers of spikes
---
->
vs.

Start of turn 49
It's super effective!
Ferrothorn lost 100 HP! (28% of its health)
Ferrothorn fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Arceus-Ghost is hurt by spikes!

Mr.loltestgimmicks: hooh hits like a truck

All right ho-oh let me get a lot of damage onto palkia in exchange for nearly fully healing himself. I’m going to recover to get back some health but ho-ohs base 154 sp def stat still scares me, this may sound odd but im going to recover to tempt him to brave birding and losing health. Can’t be too safe in a pokemon battle can you?
Arceus-Ghost: 70% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 92% + 3 layers of spikes+ 2 layers of toxic spikes
Score: 4-4
---
vs.

Start of turn 50

Arceus-Ghost lost 198 HP! (44% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

I seriously need to do calcs properly<.< Oh well, I think it’s a high roll, continuing the recovering.

Arceus-Ghost: 64% + 1 layer of spikes + burn
Ho-Oh: This is a guess assuming that ho-oh has 252 hp, taking recoil is difficult: 82% + 2 layers of toxic spikes + 3 layers of spikes + sub
: Fainted
64% + burn
Fainted
64%
26%
Known to be ghost: 64% + burn

Hazards:
Score: 4-4 (if factoring hazards, 4-3)
Mr.lol-4
Cheap_uber_battler-4
Plan: Stack up recoil on Ho-oh to help kyogre clean.

---
vs.

Start of turn 51

Arceus-Ghost lost 177 HP! (39% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

My odd fear of ho-oh’s insane sp def preventing the ohko from a surf scares me, but I think its taken a lot of recoil nobody expects this kind of foddering. Sorry arceus, but you’ve also become simply damage with a roll on it. This probably doesn’t really make a difference to him since I forgot to raise the happiness value on PO but he still did his job and that's what counts.
Arceus-Ghost: 49% + burn + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 74% + 2 layers of toxic spikes + 3 layers of spikes + sub
---
Start of turn 52

Arceus-Ghost lost 196 HP! (44% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Lets get rid of jirachi too since he can also just lower his hp and make him less susceptible of a clean.

Arceus-Ghost: 43%% + 1 layer of spikes + burn
Ho-oh: 64% + 2 layers of toxic spikes + 3 layers of spikes + sub
---
->
vs.

Start of turn 53
Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Jirachi!
Jirachi is hurt by spikes!

Jirachi lost 103 HP! (25% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Jirachi is hurt by its burn!
Jirachi: 2% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 62% + 2 layers of toxic spikes + 3 layers of spikes + sub

---
->
vs.

Start of turn 54
Jirachi lost 12 HP! (2% of its health)
Jirachi fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Mr.loltestgimmicks: that hooh...
Mr.loltestgimmicks sent out Tentacruel!
Tentacruel is hurt by spikes!

Ok in case ive gone mad in the past few turns im going to protect for recovery in case I can actually live a brave bird which I doubt and then scald his sub away, also more brave bird recoil.
Tentacruel: 58% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 67% + sub + 2 layers of toxic spikes + 3 layers of spikes
Score: 3-4
---
vs.

Start of turn 55
Tentacruel used Protect!

Rain continues to fall!
Mr.loltestgimmicks: its going to sweep this team ._.

Ok im trying to make him less wary of a clean, but the recoil damage is definitely enough now. I’m going to finally break his sub and have tentacruel die, if it lives uh I don’t know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing since he’s supposed to help me get a “free” switch but uninvested 80/60 defenses are horrible infront of a monster with a 130 base attack.
Tentacruel: 64% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 73% + 2 layers of toxic spikes + 3 layers of spikes + sub
---
->
vs.

Start of turn 56
Tentacruel used Scald!
It's super effective!

Tentacruel lost 233 HP! (64% of its health)
Tentacruel fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Kyogre is hurt by spikes!

cheap_uber_battler: scarfed?
Mr.loltestgimmicks: ya

I don’t even think tentacruel had a chance of living that but tentacruel did his job for the match, provided toxic spikes and destroyed a sub. He can know rest in side a poke ball happy that he crippled and walled palkia and destroyed someone’s/something’s teddy bear.
All right time to get this clean I envisoned a whole bunch of turns earlier into action, because of ferrothorn’s hazards palkia won’t even be able to come into battle alive and none of the rest of the members should be able to take a surf.

Kyogre: 20% + 1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 70% + 3 layers of spikes + 2 layers of toxic spikes
Score:2-4
---
vs.
->

Start of turn 57
The foe's Palkia is hurt by spikes!
The foe's Palkia fainted!

Kyogre used Surf!
But there was no target...

Rain continues to fall!
cheap_uber_battler: gg then
The foe's Arceus-Steel is hurt by spikes!

My opponent pays the price for not paying attention to the spikes and palkia goes down but it was down earlier lol.
Kyogre: 20%
Palkia: -2% (dead)
Score: 2-3
---
vs.
->

Start of turn 58
Kyogre used Surf!
A critical hit!
A critical hit!
A critical hit!
A critical hit!

The foe's Arceus-Steel lost 50% of its health!
The foe's Arceus-Steel fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Forretress is hurt by spikes!
Mr.loltestgimmicks: did that matter? not sure

cheap_uber_battler: no

Well believe it or not it might have mattered. He had an approximately 2.56% chance to live that surf since I just happen to be timid scarf, but I can’t undo the past. Onwards my bloated whale!
Kyogre: 20% + 1 layer of spikes
Forretress: 56% + 2 layer of toxic spikes + 3 layer of spikes
Score: 2-2
---
vs.
->

Start of turn 59
Kyogre used Surf!
The foe's Forretress lost 56% of its health!
The foe's Forretress fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

The bags of worms stands no chance against the fury of my whale! And now to revenge the evil phoenix that just about killed everything on this team.
Kyogre: 20% +1 layer of spikes
Ho-oh: 70%+ 2 layers of toxic spikes + 3 layers of spikes
Score: 2-1
---
Start of turn 60
Kyogre used Surf!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ho-Oh lost 70% of its health!
The foe's Ho-Oh fainted!

Score: 2-0
---
We say gg to each other but that part I cut out lol, this match was already incredibly long. Good game cheap_uber_battler ( I wonder if he’s one of smogon’s alts though).

MVP: Really everyone did a great job in this battle (with the exception of my opponents groudon, sorry he just sucked) but in reality something not on this team deserves to be MVP…

Ho-oh for threatening my team in the rain and taking out just about everything, and abusing his enormous sp def D:. Still an awesome pokemon and unlike reshiram isn’t completely screwed over in the rain.

Props:
-There literally being close to no hax in the match
-Rayquaza for taking out groudon before the battle of the predictions started
-Cheap_Uber_battler for making me go on a prediction rampage and playing mind games.
-Me for making my opponent go on a prediction rampage and playing mind games.
-Arceus for taking several hits from ho-oh and causing lots of switches
-Ferrothorn for setting up 3 layers of spikes in front of a ho-oh
-Tentacruel because he managed to set up 2 layers of toxic spikes in front of a SE move
-Mind games for being much fun
-Ho-oh for killing of almost all of my team and scaring me silly with sub and roost.
-My opponent for not have read my RMT on the team and not receiving an unknown advantage.
-Opposite day and blatrueka for inspiring me to make a warstory and providing a format which I created a hybrid form out of.
-This little arrow -> for making life easy
- Bugmaniacbob and chou toushio for writing the art of warstory, and helping me write this with that article.

Slops:
-Me, for not phasing with arceus and recovering instead in the last few turns.
-That final crit.
-Arceus being burned, it prevented him from recovering any hp when he was in front of ho-oh and forced me to recover a lot.
-Ho-oh for not running a lot of speed.
-Forry for literally only setting up one layer of hazards.
-Arceus-ghost for never spin blocking but being a victim of other moves
-Me for not realizing that fireburn’s tank ho-oh only runs 8 speed evs, until like mid game when I could have figured that out on turn 3.
-This warstory for being 60 turns… IT TAKES SO MUCH CODING… and typing, and using the little ’s
-Me for not having jirachi set up screens more then once in the match.
-Smogon for having a 100 image limit, I understand it prevents trolling but still…[/COLOR]

Very good warstory

Format 8.5/10
Commentary 9.5/10
Battle 10/10

Overall: 9.3

I don't like ubers but this warstory was very entertaining and makes me wanna try it sometime.

Really not bad for a first warstory, although quite long! The commentary was more a window into your thoughts rather than a summary of the last turn, although this is a skill that's always developing. However, it was short at times and, although it might be my fault for being a stickler about it, would look better with proper capitalization.

Also, Ho-oh's insane SpD is 154, not 140. ;)

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
I love ubers, glad to see a good warstory for it. Anyways jobs well done, don't really have any complaints 9/10

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
@bluemon96, happy to see you enjoyed a warstory from a tier other then ou. Ubers is actually more balanced then all the other tiers lol, you should try it if you think balance > diversity

@ Tenodera, i knew ho-oh's base sp def was high, but i don't know where a 140 base special defense came in to my mind from (probably another pokemon's base?) but thanks for that information and ill be sure to change it. After looking at the past warstories with the fact that almost all of them had comments saying stop repeating the last turn, so i tried to prevent that but i suppose leading everyone into my mind wasn't so great either... also commenting on a stall/ clean turn is a bit hard to do but i suppose ill have to be able to comment on them too. Caps was just me trying to add emphasis or humor i guess ill remove those too.

@ Swampizard, the purpose of dual screen rachi was to force ferrothorn to paralyze me out of fear of haxing him to death enabling me to get a free switch with u-turn since im slower then him at that point to rayquaza and ohko that durain fruit with fire blast. So i kinda tried to abuse that suprise factor since no one runs it lol.

I haven't seen a new warstory in a while and I hoped this one would be good. I was not disappointed. Nice job! I like how you kept track of predictions on both sides.

I liked this. I sort of felt like I was a spectator to a PBR match, standing outside of the arena and watching the Ubers (and OU's) battle, as if it were real.

Anyways, there's pretty much nothing to complain about.

This was actually really obnoxious. Not everything was a prediction or an overprediction, and just reading you saying "lol i predicted that" almost every turn irritated me. It was a good battle and you planned it well, but not everything was a super prediction.

Wow I liked this warstory. Ubers are always fun. Good format and good comments too. Good job, keep it up.

I liked this; aside from being an interesting battle it had intelligent commentary behind it. However, next time you write one you may want to work on some of the punctuation issues this one had, such as a lack of commas and semicolons in necessary places. I believe. that would make the commentary feel more complete and less trailing. Keep writing!

It was a good battle and the commentary was decent, but I agree with blarajan that saying "what a good prediction" every turn was slightly irritating. Good to see a warstory from a tier other than OU.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
@Troy beasts, almost all unessecary capitalization has been taken away. Hope it will help you and everyone else enjoy reading the warstory more.

@ Virizon If you thought it was like a pbr match i'd love to see what you pictured ferrothorn as. I've been curious how they would make ferrothorn look in pbr 2, pokestadium 3? Still, Thanks for the positive comments.

@ blarajan + Xav, I wasn't trying to make it obnoxious with predictions happening every turn, so sorry about that but for 8 crucial predictions for a 60 turn warstory... I don't think it was happening every turn, but i do think I can fix that with a bit of commentary changing... hope you enjoyed it though with the current commentary.

@ Ashenlock, sorry about the grammatical errors. I suppose writing nearly 60 turns of commentary made me forget about the grammer, will fix that though.

The formatting was standard and therefore fine.

Did not enjoy the commentary at all... We know your opponents name and mentioning it almost every single time is seriously, seriously frustrating.

Also "Cocky" isn't a nature. Try being modest if you decide to do another.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good Uber Battle. I liked your overall plan. The format is great, except maybe you can bold the End-of-turn-Pokemon's-remaining-HP-part. May not be worth the effort though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)