Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

WCW was good for older veterans, but for new starting guys it was hard to get over I remember reading Eddie Guerrero's book how he really started hating going to work (WCW) he did not want to wrestle anymore the company just drained all the love out of something he really loved doing.

yeah man sup, i was in the official no way out aim chat with everyone from the pwb. i recgonize you from there lol but maybe im mistaken. i have the feeling the carlito and primo will unify titles with john and miz so im pretty sure cm punk is winning tonight.

if vince cares about money, hbk will definitely win tonight.
Sad CM Punk will be in another Money in the Bank (3 in a row he will be awesome but I wanted him in a singles match.) About the Tag titles I see them becoming unified as well I hope that will bring back a good Tag Team Division.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeh, I'd actually never heard of PWG until this thread.. So I'd like a bit more information on it. (Or was it that federation trying to be the 'new ECW' a while ago that never got fully started, with X-Pac in it).

I only really watch WWE, TNA rarely when I catch it on Bravo.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I'm a bit of a WWE fan personally.

At this point, I only watch the RAW and Smackdown shows though. ECW is just....aaaah. It was cool for awhile back when they actually had decent people wrestling, but now it's mostly new folks I could honestly care less about. Also lol Jack Swagger. By the way, whatever happened to Big Daddy V?

TNA I'm not such a fan of either. I only watched a couple episodes of it and it did not make me want to continue.

But yeah, good to see other fans of wrestling around. :)

I'm a bit of a WWE fan personally.

At this point, I only watch the RAW and Smackdown shows though. ECW is just....aaaah. It was cool for awhile back when they actually had decent people wrestling, but now it's mostly new folks I could honestly care less about. Also lol Jack Swagger. By the way, whatever happened to Big Daddy V?

TNA I'm not such a fan of either. I only watched a couple episodes of it and it did not make me want to continue.

But yeah, good to see other fans of wrestling around. :)

Jack Swagger is actually good and ECW is the brand to build up their young stars. Big Daddy V got released last year he was sent by WWE to lose weight for them and his own health, he couldn't get it done he caught pnemounia and got released. Right now Big Daddy V is doing NWA shows as King V and is rumored to be working with TNA (again) on a later date.

KoA

is an Artist
Eh, I'm just not a Swagger fan, something about his blank stare and smile has always bothered me, lol.

Well I guess they did need a show to build up the newbies on, but it's just not even interesting enough to merit watching anymore, in my opinion.

Also, I've never heard of ROH and the like till this thread. O_o

Eh, I'm just not a Swagger fan, something about his blank stare and smile has always bothered me, lol.

Well I guess they did need a show to build up the newbies on, but it's just not even interesting enough to merit watching anymore, in my opinion.

Also, I've never heard of ROH and the like till this thread. O_o

Jack Swagger's smile reminds me of Freaky Fred from Courage The Cowardly Dog. Also if you want more info on Ring of Honor here is their official website www.rohwrestling.com they are more based on the actual wrestling than storylines.

Freakie Fred

KoA

is an Artist
Haha, it kinda does now that you mention it.

I used to kinda like the storylines in wrestling. Rathr than watch them unfold as a fan, I tried to watch them from the companies point of view, if that makes sense.

Essentially I see what the are trying to accomplish by inciting certain feelings in the viewers and garnering support for or against a character and how they can capitalize on it. (IE, creating a heel and having him start a rivalry with a well established wrestler already) This kind of thinking doesn't do much in the long run for me as it tends to make itself real repetitive and expected. You kinda already know what the final end result will be. :/

As a whole, no franchise seems to be on the ball with their storylines at all lately. Shows have been getting boring and just tedious to watch.

Havak

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Watching RAW now..

Hate the start, Vickie is so, so, so terrible, I wish she didn't have anything to do with the WWE to be honest... Now I have to listen to her annoying voice on both RAW and SmackDown!

Edit: Okay Cena is pretty funny lol.

Havak

Match #1: CM Punk vs John Morrison vs The Miz
Outcome: Predictably CM Punk comes out victorious.

KoA

is an Artist
Yeah, everything going as expected so far, heh.

Cena got a few chuckles out of me in the beginning.

Havak

Oh yeh, Santino is clearly the best thing on RAW to be honest. He makes me laugh so much.

Havak

Hmm, I didn't know that Kozlov would face the winner of HBK vs JBL..

I can see it being Kozlov vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania now, in another streak vs streak bout.

Oh yeh, Santino is clearly the best thing on RAW to be honest. He makes me laugh so much.
I love Santino also! I don't remember the last time he won a match though. Thank god he shaved his head because that mullet/mohawk/w/e he had was ugly lol. I'm glad Maryse returned on Smackdown..she reminds of a female randy orton..snobby,cocky,arrogant..yeah :p.

Does anyone invest in the WWE DVDs (other than the pay-per-views)? I rarely have time to watch them weekly but I do like to buy these from time to time.

On the subject of Savage, there is apparently a DVD of his coming out in June...ish? Silvervision released a match listing and it was like 7 Wrestlemania matches and 3 Summerslam matches, among others, which is lame. I hate when they put already-available stuff on DVDs like that.

I picked up The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect and the documentary was really, really, really, really, really good. I loved all of his vignettes they included on there too, like the perfect passer and the perfect bowler. He played that character so well. The match selection is pretty terrible though - the Summerslam 91 match against Bret Hart is great, but it's been done before. I have it on Bret Hart's DVD actually. Plus, there's only 10 matches, and he loses over half of them. There was an IC title match between he and the Texas Tornado on there (TT was champion) that was just awful. It wasn't even the match where he regaind the title and it was a DQ ending.

The next one I want to pick up is the Saturday Night's Main Event one, and maybe the History of the IC Title. As for the ones I have that I definitely recommend... Flair's sets, Hart's set, The Ladder Match DVD, and the History of the WWE Championship. Good stuff.

did anyone see the swagger v christian match? I thought it was amazing lol
I thought the same thing. The way Christian sold the arm injury was a perfect rub for Swagger to play up his amateur wrestling background. It gave him credibility as a viable champ to watch him pick that arm apart.

Christian is crazy underrated in some of the hidden parts of pro wrestling like selling moves and psychology of the match and last night was a perfect example of both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)