Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

miz vs morrison at bragging rights i guess? what a shitty name for a ppv by the way, but that's supposed to have some "smackdown vs raw" matches right? I'm looking forward to that.

edit: and man, ecw as a whole is really really solid lately.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah its a shit name but it has a nice gimmick to it so hopefully we'll see some fresh matches on the card.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So uh, if Braggin Rights is supposed to be Smackdown vs Raw, are there going to be any ECW matches at all? They should really run an ECW invasion storyline for this PPV, where the ECW stars revolt because their brand is being ignored. That would be so cool.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
It's a shame that a large portion of this ppv is going to be wasted on 60 minutes of the generic John Cena 'im so cool and i never give up' bullshit.

I'm wagering that Cena/Orton is going to be the best WWE Ironman match to date. Granted that's not a tall order as WWE's Ironman matches have been pretty mediocre, but they're two of the best workers in the world, and have decent(if underwhelming given how good they are individually) chemistry, and Cena's a really smart worker so I'm excited to see how he'll work the match.

Yeah, the feud is BEYOND stale, but still, I'm pretty optimistic about the the ring works gonna play out.

miz v morrison is gonna be fun as hell, they were pretty entertaining on smackdown. hoping miz wins, morrison doesn't need it lol.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm wagering that Cena/Orton is going to be the best WWE Ironman match to date. Granted that's not a tall order as WWE's Ironman matches have been pretty mediocre, but they're two of the best workers in the world, and have decent(if underwhelming given how good they are individually) chemistry, and Cena's a really smart worker so I'm excited to see how he'll work the match.

Yeah, the feud is BEYOND stale, but still, I'm pretty optimistic about the the ring works gonna play out.
This time round, I think the rivalry has been developed well. It's the quality of the match that I fear the most: from a fitness perspective I have no concerns, but I am skeptical of the wrestling quality and how entertaining these two can be for an entire hour.

Wrestling alone, they won't come close to Bret and Shawn's Ironman match. Michaels/Hart was a classic and arguably one of the best matches of all time, let alone the best Ironman match of all time.

I only watch Orton, Legacy, Morrison and Miz segments these days. I just don't have as much interest in wrestling as I once did.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
Heh, Punks promos are the best in the WWE I would have thought now. I'm almost certain he'll get the belt back also, since i'm also pretty convinced either Rey or Batista is going heel at Bragging Rights, or at least feuding.

It's a shame that a large portion of this ppv is going to be wasted on 60 minutes of the generic John Cena 'im so cool and i never give up' bullshit.
Orton's been boring this whole year no offense. Iron Man with these guys will be spent on Orton holding a headlock on Cena for the first 30 minutes. In other news Drew McIntyre could be the next biggest heel to go down in WWE History. I mean for one he's Scottish and is not being pigeon hold to something like the Highlanders.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
Orton hasn't sucked really, his PPV bouts for the most part have been poor but I blame that more on HHH and Cena to be honest. I still enjoy his promos and he still draws some good heat from the crowd. I'd like to see him keep the belt until WM26 and face Ted DiBiase but at the moment it looks a long shot.

Rey as heel would sort of be like Hogan was like when he turned. Hard to imagine but it could work.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Woah, just watched Friday night smackdown. Miz and Morrison's segment was absolutely awesome! And I loved JoMo ripping into Monday night Raw, everythign he said was true. Smackdown really is the best wrestling show. Raw is more like some awful variety show.

I'd say Orton is carrying Raw at the moment. I mean, he's really the only reason to bother watching (Other than the Miz) since they've pretty much buried Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, MVP, Carlito etc. Oh and DX just don't work anymore since WWE went PG.

Punk and Jerishow are the best things in the WWE, and some of the few rays of light in the nightmare that is the guest host era.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
Orton/Cena = Orton
Taker/Rey/Batista/Punk = Punk
Morrison/Miz = Morrison
14 man tag = Team Raw
Womens tag = Team Smackdown

At least you got the women's match prediction right, b-lulz lol

I was glad to see Miz beat Morrison since he needed the win much more. I thought he should have won with his finisher though, but maybe they'll extend the feud somehow, that would be nice.

Batista heel turn is excellent. I'm pleased with that. I wish Punk won the match, though.

I was actually pretty surprised that Cena won, especially with Batista going heel. whatever, as long as dibiase v orton happens and is awesome, I'm happy. the match itself was great in my opinion so whatever.

oh yeah, and I'm glad Jericho/Big Show are still apparently a unit, because they're really excellent together.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Christian needs TV time. He's long overdue a decent title feud with someone on either Raw or Smackdown, but he's being held back. Is there any plans on drafting him over to one of the two "main" brands?

I dunno, but I hope so too. I could see them pairing him up with Edge to feud with JeriShow maybe? That would be fucking awesome

Couple of random thoughts:

- Surprised that Miz won, thought Morrison would've since he's been getting the bigger push. Good match but anti-climatic finish
- CM Punk. "It's clobbering time!" and throwing his shirt at Batista made me chuckle
- Undertaker is quite clearly in poor physical condition
- Batista heel turn. Long time since any of Cena/Batista/HHH/HBK was heel. I loved the way he said "I'm gonna rip your head off" so calmly, then clotheslined the shit out of Rey.
- 7 vs 7 match was meh, though SmackDown win is awesome
- Cena vs Orton was a good match, good action and spots and a lot more watchable than I thought it would be. Though these ridiculous title swaps need to stop happening so often.

I think the plan right now is for Jericho to hide behind Show when Edge returns, so there is a good chance that they will be staying together until Wrestlemania. Of course, plans change (if this plan hasn't already changed since I first heard it a while back) so it is hard to say for certain. Still, they've been great; arguably, it's been the best work of Show's career. I wholeheartedly endorse the Jerishow union lasting as long as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)