Project: Concise Analyses Sign-Ups

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE RESERVING A TOPIC!
======================================​

PM Colonel M, Gen. Empoloeon, or Flashstorm1 if you have an important question!

Welcome to Project: Concise! Our main goal here is to make sure that the current OU analyses are updated as well as made much more bearable to read. To take a look, see our best novel selection: Heatran.

This guy gets the most criticism. Totalling a whopping 22 pages, Heatran here is, perhaps, one of the longest analyses in Smogon. I should take this to work one day, I am bored during break.

But in all seriousness, the goal here is to reserve Pokemons in here. Again, remember to read the rules to understand who to reserve and why. We'd like to ask for you to post in here if you'd like to reserve a Pokemon. After, I would at least ask that you post what you are doing with the analysis either here or via PM, whichever of your choosing.

And finally, please only reserve one analysis at a time. Once the other thread is done, feel free to reserve another. Only if I put serious faith in that it will get done will I allow more than one. Also, I will allow any writer to claim their stuff. They have the higher priority atm. For those that want to claim something to shorten, please contact the writer before doing it.

PLEASE DO NOT RESERVE UU | LC ANALYSES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!

CURRENTLY ALLOWED LIST
- Heatran
- Scizor
- Electivire
- Magnezone (some sets)
- Giratina
- Giratina-O
- Dialga's first set in general (not sure on the whole thing)
- Metagross
- Tentacruel (Toxic Spikes)
- Bronzong (Trick Room mostly, maybe Wall)
- Ninjask
- Empoleon (Lead)
- Blissey (WishBliss)
- Latias (OU Support and OU LO + 3 Attacks)
- Heracross
- Snorlax (CurseLax)
- Dragonite
- Infernape (Counters)
- Zapdos
- Gliscor (Physical Sweeper)
- Swampert (Some sets and maybe counters. Flashstorm will probably do this).
- Skarmory (The first two sets are pretty long)
- Any Theorymon analyses (loljoke)

UBERS:
  • Dialga - Crunchatize Me
  • Giratina - Fireburn
  • Giratina-O - Theorymon
  • Shaymin-S - Theorymon

OU:
  • Blissey - Zarator
  • Bronzong - joel22
  • Electivire - Erodent
  • Empoleon - Age of Kings
  • Gliscor - Xia
  • Heatran - Flashstorm
  • Heracross - LonelyNess
  • Infernape - Onii
  • Jirachi - Flashstorm
  • Kingdra - Flashstorm
  • Magnezone - whistle
  • Metagross - Wombat Sky Forme
  • Ninjask - Xia
  • Scizor - Diingbong
  • Snorlax- mtr12
  • Skarmory - franky
  • Swampert - LonelyNess
  • Tentacruel - Zarator
  • Zapdos - Legacy Raider
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

magnezone -- write summaries and shorten it a little
electivire -- write summaries and shorten it

if we can only reserve one i'll do magnezone first

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, please keep it to one analysis.

(Adding that note).

EDIT: I got a small list from Fuzznip. I might have to go look at some OU analyses and put them in here.

<Fuzznip> So far i've got these:
<Fuzznip> roserade
<Fuzznip> scizor
<Fuzznip> magnezone
<Fuzznip> blissey
<Fuzznip> giratina-o
<Fuzznip> giratina
<Fuzznip> dialga
<Colonel_M> Those are major overhauls
<Fuzznip> electivire too

Malfunction

nice desu ne
I'd like to reserve Blissey. I'll just trim it down a bit, take out any redundant information, and try to edit the Counters section into less paragraphs.

Requesting Dialga. The Mixed Attacker will require the most work, but I'll also try to condense the Choice Band and Choice Specs sets, as well as the Counters and Team Options.

I'd like Metagross. I could trim most of the text walls down, especially on CB and Tank, and Team Options, Counters, and a few other sets need some work.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can handle Ninjask's analysis. The set comments can be cut down on, as can Team Options and the Counters section.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Requesting Empoleon. Reading through it, there is a lot of redundancy throughout most of the analysis. I'll trim and eliminate the offending sentences and reword others so it gets straight to the point.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Allowing

- Metagross
- Ninjask
- Dialga
- Bronzong

Exception

- Empoleon (from my perspective the only thing that needs to be cut down is the Lead set. Otherwise, I guess I'll allow it).
- Blissey. Not much is necessary to trim aside from the first set. Also this is being updated...
- Roserade. I think we have a backup on-site for OU, so let's update that before we concise that article. If you think Roserade would hit UU again... feel free, I guess.

No

- Infernape. Already concise, so you might need to show me reasons why.

I'll keep those 3 off for now but I'll consider them.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to request Dusknoir if it isn't being changed/updated.
A lot of the set descriptions seem to have their own counters sections and other options, which seems quite messy. I'd put all of this information in the appropriate section and trim out any other unnecessary sentences.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
@Age: Yeah. Anything else that you feel needs fixing feel free to post.

I saw Infernape. I'll allow this too, but try to be careful around the first two sets and Choice Band | Specs as they are fairly concise. Sorry to jump that gun. I'll put an okay on Dusknoir too.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Reserving Giratina. Some things in the first set need to be trimmed down.

I'd also like to lay claim to any of my other analyses if need be. I apologize if this is not allowed, it is just easier for me to pick out stuff I can shorten this way, and it is easier for me to work on in general.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
- Blissey. Not much is necessary to trim aside from the first set. Also this is being updated...
Oh, even though I read through the Blissey analysis multiple times I never noticed it was never updated lol.
Anyway, I'd like to do Swampert then. I'll do basic trimming and cut out any unnecessary info etc. If approved, the thread should be up by at most Friday.

Thanks.

I'd like to reserve Tentacruel. The analysis is quite long, and I could try to cut it a bit. Moreover, I used Tentacruel on several teams, so I have a good idea of how it works.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Keep in mind to look at the Update threads first and ask permission from them before doing so. I want to hold on Swampert because it's Flashstorm's.

@Malfunction: But you know why I'm doing it at least. Like I said, talk to Flashstorm. I bet he won't mind.

Go ahead on Tentacruel.

K, before anyone else gets it, I'm taking Snorlax.

EDIT: talked to you on IRC, I'll just do Curselax.

What I plan to do is generally shorten sentences and fix stuff up. Things like this paragraph can be put so much more succintly.
The EVs on this Snorlax are configured for optimal defensive efficiency; while displacing 4 EVs from Special Defense to HP would provide a slight amount more of overall defenses, that course has not been taken because if it were, Snorlax would have 504 HP, which is divisible by 8 and therefore would make it more susceptible to residual damage than if the current 503 HP spread was utilized. This spread focuses primarily on improving its special defensive capabilities, but also maintains a solidity in its physically defensive sector to make switching in and taking attacks after few Curses easier. While investing some EVs into Attack may seem tempting, the fact is that Snorlax simply can't afford to do so in D/P; even with this spread, Snorlax can take up to 54% from a Choice Specs Modest Salamence's Draco Meteor, 60% from a Life Orb Timid Azelf's Nasty Plotted Psychic, and 83% from a Life Orb Modest Porygon-Z's Nasty Plotted Adaptability Tri Attack.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Okay, I went through a major overhaul and this is what I'm allowing so far:

- Heatran
- Scizor
- Electivire
- Magnezone (some sets)
- Giratina
- Giratina-O
- Dialga's first set in general (not sure on the whole thing)
- Metagross
- Tentacruel (Toxic Spikes)
- Bronzong (Trick Room mostly, maybe Wall)
- Ninjask
- Empoleon (Lead)
- Blissey (WishBliss)
- Latias (OU Support and OU LO + 3 Attacks)
- Heracross
- Snorlax (CurseLax)
- Dragonite
- Infernape (Counters)
- Zapdos
- Gliscor (Physical Sweeper)
- Any Theorymon analyses (loljoke)

Those I am currently accepting. I listed the conditions to some of them. Dusknoir, Rayquaza and Jirachi are being rejected because I think the info is necessary atm. Feel free to bring it up on the other topic.

Also, I will allow any writer to claim their stuff. They have the higher priority atm.

lazy bum here, am not reserving anything =]

however, if anyone needs help with any analysis, ill help you test it / trim it down, since i want to be a part of this project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)