[Psychic Qualifiers] Examiner Jjayyfeather vs Candidate Gerard

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Why would you get a reorder? It's specified in the NDA that it does not work that way. That's just you neglecting to fact check your assumption. Now let's get this going.

Gerard to send out already.

Considering 90% of people are reffing it the way I (and them) understood the Rest mechanic I consider this a very valid concern, especially because it opens up stuff such as "Rest Gardevoir ~ Toxapex uses Venoshock [Venoshock is boosted because Gardevoir is still poisoned]" even though it's ridiculous, unintuitive and goes against in-game precedent. If the council decides this is how it's supposed to be and it's working as intended then I'll continue.

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Considering 90% of people are reffing it the way I (and them) understood the Rest mechanic I consider this a very valid concern, especially because it opens up stuff such as "Rest Gardevoir ~ Toxapex uses Venoshock [Venoshock is boosted because Gardevoir is still poisoned]" even though it's ridiculous, unintuitive and goes against in-game precedent. If the council decides this is how it's supposed to be and it's working as intended then I'll continue.
Council member here, since you asked us rather than mods or anything. Pinging the rest of the council, Exclaimer FMD Maxim Mowtom Ooraloo smashlloyd20
NDA Description of Rest said:
The user takes a soothing nap, rejuvenating themselves in the heat of battle. When Rest is used, the user puts itself to Sleep for three (3) actions. Every time the user spends an action asleep, including the action they use Rest, they will cure themselves all non-Sleep status ailments and recover 12 HP. Taking 18 or more damage from a single attack will end the user's Rest. This move fails if the user has full HP. This move uses up one of the user's available recovery moves in a battle. Z-Move Effect: The user's negative stat changes are reset to 0, adjusting the natural stage of the reset stats.
Nowhere in this description does it say that the Rest user heals immediately. Contrarily, it says "the user spends an action asleep", implying a whole action, for each action including the first. This suggests to go to the end of action effects:
Handbook Description of End of Action Effects said:
End of Action

The following effects occur after all Pokemon have taken their turns in the action:
  1. Rest's healing occurs and its remaining duration is lowered by 1.
Stating that all of the healing occurs at the end of the action for each action, including the action the Pokemon uses Rest. JJayyFeather's interpretation of it here is correct.

Assuming I'm meant to post here... for some reason...

I agree wholeheartedly with the proposal to change the way Rest works here and have voiced as such in the past. Unfortunately, that is not the way it currently works and I am opposed to hotfixes, so... Sorry, you're kind of screwed here. :/

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Sheesh we've spent a page on discussion o.o Back to the battle!

"Alright, the final stretch!"

Mega Banette @ Banettite

Phantom Force > Shadow Claw > Phantom Force
IF
Gardevoir is to use Encore, THEN Magic Coat and push back.
IF Gardevoir is to use Shadow Ball, THEN Imprison [Shadow Ball, Protect, Endure] and push back
IF Gardevoir is to use Taunt, THEN Magic Coat and push back.

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
FIELD
Toxic Spikes (1)
<-----
[Gerard]​
#Mega
Insomnia/Frisk/Cursed Body/Prankster
77/74
7/3/4/3/65
KO'd
KO'd

#None
Synchronize/Trace/Telepathy
64/30
2/4/5/4/80
KO'd
KO'd

Battle Calcs said:
=======
Crit is lower than (#), Hit is higher than %, effect is lower than %

GARDEVIOR touches some spikes

GARDEVOIR traces -6EN

1ST ACTION

GARDEVOIR uses Reflect
-9en

BANETTE uses Phantom Force
Crit: 3272 (625)
Damage: (4.5[BAP*Reflect]+3[STAB]+10[Atk]-6[Def])*1.5=17.25
-11en

GARDEVOIR is PSN -2HP

2ND ACTION

GARDEVIOIR uses Chill
+12en

BANETTE uses Shadow Claw
Crit: 2101 (1250)
Damage: (3.5[BAP*Reflect]+3[STAB]+10[Atk]-6[Def])*1.5=15.75
-4en

GARDEVOIR is PSN -2HP

3RD ACTION

GARDEVOIR uses Pain Split
not enough en
-31en

TL;DR
-0HP -15EN
-37HP -34EN
======
FIELD
Toxic Spikes (1)
<-----
[Gerard]​

#Mega
Insomnia/Frisk/Cursed Body/Prankster
77/59
7/3/4/3/65
KO'd
KO'd

#None
Synchronize/Trace/Telepathy
27/ENKO
2/4/5/4/80
KO'd
KO'd

THAT'S A WRAP
JJayyFeather 2cc 5uc

Gerard 2cc
gardevoir 6CC
Gallade 8CC 1KOC
Slowbro 3MC 1KOC

10UC​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)