Project PU Player of the Week 3: gasquakee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by WhiteDMist
OP stolen from Leer in RU, who stole it from Lord Alphose and xzern from NU.
Past Players of the Week: Magnemite, galbia

Welcome to an experience unlike any seen before (bar in every other tier and some OMs), PU Player of the Week. This weekly thread hopes to capitalize and promote good players in the metagame, while helping newer players by giving advice and showing effective strategies in the metagame.

gasquakee
Most known for: Taking 9 months to complete the Relicanth analysis, PU room Driver, Hosting PU Pokemon of the Week, being a bad memer, Being the last draft pick in PUPL, Going 4-0 in PUPL.
Favorite Pokemon: Exploud
Most Used Pokemon: Stoutland​
Twix: How did you come to join Pokemon Showdown?
gasquakee: I searched "Pokemon Simulator" or something.. I fucked up.

Twix: How did you come to join PU?
gasquakee: BadPandaPancham(rip ily) introduced me back when he was active and the rest is the history.. I've had fun and I like the meta no matter how stale people think it is!

Twix: What is it like to be undefeated in PUPL so far?
gasquakee: Sometimes you just gotta assert some dominance.. no big deal. Seriously though as much as I joke about it doesn't mean its that huge of a deal.

Twix: What process, if any, do you use while teambuilding?
gasquakee: I may start with a core or just a cool Pokemon and from then I look at weaknesses to common Pokemon that come to my head. By the time I get done I normally cross reference my match-ups against Viability Rankings. I'm an artist.

Twix: What changes would you make to the tier if you could?
gasquakee: Ban Pawniard and get us official so we can have those suspect ladders.

Twix: What is your reasoning behind wanting Pawniard banned?
gasquakee: Amazing stabs, Swords Dance, relatively decent set up opportunities, flinch ratios, defog annoyer, and the fact that if Poliwrath wasn't here it would be broke as shit. Also, so i can stop making my teams literally 6 checks to the thing out of fear.

Twix: Overrated + Underrated Pokemon in the tier?
gasquakee: Underrated: Fraxure, Simisage, Swanna, and Duosion.
Overrated: Rapidash and Monferno.

Twix: What innovations / sets have you created in the tier PU?
gasquakee: Offensive Grumpig.. thats it.

Twix: Advice to newer players?
gasquakee: Keep at it and don't use overly non-standard teams before you know the meta and know how to build effectively. Also dont be overly bug auth unless they approach you. You don't want to give the impression you're trying too hard for voice.

Twix: As an AIDS activist, how does it feel to be such an influence to those with the disease?
gasquakee: I'm just glad they've entrusted me with their AIDS. It feels good to help the community with their AIDS.

What are your thoughts on this week's interview? If you have extra questions for gasquakee, feel free to ask them in the comments. If you want to see a player interviewed, feel free to leave a post on my profile.

Last edited:
why are u two such bad memers :<
also LOL @ gas 3rd most relevant puer
jkjk anyways

1) if poliwrath were to move up would u ban shit like smashers and maybe simi after pawn?
2) wanna play official tiers, ru is fun af atm :<
3) opinions on users:
  • twix
  • dundies
  • gasquake
  • grimoire god
  • kingler12345
  • bulbasword
  • lasagne
  • magnemite
  • anty
4) say something that would make anty mad as shit

I have a question for user gasquakee

When did you realize your calling for the dank memes? Did it just come to you or did you know all along?

why are u two such bad memers :<
also LOL @ gas 3rd most relevant puer
jkjk anyways

1) if poliwrath were to move up would u ban shit like smashers and maybe simi after pawn?
2) wanna play official tiers, ru is fun af atm :<
3) opinions on users:
  • twix
  • dundies
  • gasquake
  • grimoire god
  • kingler12345
  • bulbasword
  • lasagne
  • magnemite
  • anty
4) say something that would make anty mad as shit
1) I could see a very good case for smashers not quite sold on simi though plus that would hurt Simipour's feelings.
2) sure pass me ru teams.
3) Twix- good enough to make this thread but I hate his name now :S, Simipour (Dundies)- Far better name the first time around imo, gasquake- bulbasword would cry because he couldn't call me gasquakeeeeeeeeee, GrimoireGod- grats on council :> pretty good nerdlander, Kingler12345- use.. tangela.., BulbaSword- esteemed, Lasange- dont know you too well :S but you are on my pupl team :D, Magnemite- o_k manager, Anty- Highly priced but still a pretty good player :>
4) Servine is a god.

I have a question for user gasquakee

When did you realize your calling for the dank memes? Did it just come to you or did you know all along?
Contrary to Kingler12345's blaspheme I was born.

where did you get your inspiration for the name: gasquake?

who is the edgiest teen here not including Anty?

who gave you AIDS?

favorite song?

Players you enjoy playing against/with?

Any certain pokemon you would make legal in PU?

Worst team you have ever created/used?

Any other tiers besides PU you enjoy?

1.) Why are you such a good assman to me?

2.) When are you gonna admit I am PU God?

3.) (dog) of (cat)?

I'm judging. :]

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thoughts on the upcoming duel of your lifetime versus Detect Marowak

Simipour :

where did you get your inspiration for the name: gasquake? a: idk lol I think I used to know but now I just give bullshit reasons but I like the name.

who is the edgiest teen here not including Anty? a: Robert

who gave you AIDS? a: The ladder.

favorite song? a: none .-.

MaroGod :
Players you enjoy playing against/with? a: 2XTheTap, Anonymous Man, and Sir Kay.

Any certain pokemon you would make legal in PU? a: Free bouffalant :p

Worst team you have ever created/used? a: I found some old OU teams on my phone once when I first started playing and it was like Wailord/Leafeon/Scizor,Probopass, Porygon2, and Flareon. It was terrible lol.

Any other tiers besides PU you enjoy? a: Not really :/

HJAD :

1.) Why are you such a good assman to me? a: I'd say my skills make up for your lack of. :]

2.) When are you gonna admit I am PU God? a: Right now.

3.) (dog) of (cat)? huh? a: anyways (dog)

I'm judging. :]

Megazard :

Thoughts on the upcoming duel of your lifetime versus Detect Marowak a: Haven't really lost yet have I?

ManOfMany :

Favorite animal? a: (dog)

Thoughts on a Kecleon retest? a: no

Favorite PU-related meme? a: me being GrimoireGod.

GrimoireGod :

Thoughts on the sexual tension between user Detect Marowak and you? And your upcoming loss in week 5? a: I lose? Really now.

Ranbu No Melody :

if you wasnt an horse, what animal would you be? a: welcome back, wolfpack!
do you have sexual fantasies with someone of PU? who? a: sorry no!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Why two E's in your name?

If you were trapped on a desert island, and you could only bring 3 movies to watch for the rest of eternity, which ones would you choose?

Post your best drawing from pokedraw.net?

Do you speak any languages other than English, outside of enough Nederlands to troll Grim? :]

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
what is ur favourite food?

if the name "gasquakee" was registered on smogon and PS! what mame would you choose?

what pokemon would you want to drop from NU?

what pokemon besides pawniard would you want to ban from PU?

do you watch TV? what TV shows?

What do you miss about XY PU?

How does it feel to be interviewed? (and famous)

Why two E's in your name?

If you were trapped on a desert island, and you could only bring 3 movies to watch for the rest of eternity, which ones would you choose?

Post your best drawing from pokedraw.net?

Do you speak any languages other than English, outside of enough Nederlands to troll Grim? :]
2xTheTap

1.) shit PS color for gasquake

2.) Harry Potter(random number idc), Indie Game: The Movie, uh... Hunger Games? .-.

3.)

4.) Java? lol

what is ur favourite food?

if the name "gasquakee" was registered on smogon and PS! what mame would you choose?

what pokemon would you want to drop from NU?

what pokemon besides pawniard would you want to ban from PU?

do you watch TV? what TV shows?

What do you miss about XY PU?

How does it feel to be interviewed? (and famous)
1.) chicken ,

2.) gasquakeee xd

3.) Bouffalant :ooo

4.) Any weather. Not that its broken I just dont find it fun to play with or against.

5.) Not really right now but here are some from the past: Law & Order, Dexter, Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad.

6.) No one noticing Jumpluff.

7.) im on top of the world :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)