PU Teambuilding Shop - Request teams here!

Could i get an offense team around

Monferno @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 atk / 4 sdef / 252 Spe
Ability: Blaze

Close Combat
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Mach Punch

If there is a more optimal set, use it. I don't play PU much. I honestly just need more than a team for PU seasonal

I've been fascinated with Drifblim and really wanna see a good team built around it, although I don't know much about how to use it, etc.

Set:
Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 36 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Requesting a team with:

Ninetales @ Leftovers / Passho Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Substitute

I'm having trouble to find a team that fits her but I think you guys can help me with that >.>
Hi, ssunbae - I made a Ninetales team for you that you might like. It's more offensive in nature, so if you would prefer Ninetales on Balance instead, let us know.

Ninetales is very effective once you remove specially defensive walls that stop it (Grumpig, Lickilicky, Probopass), offensive Waters that outspeed it (Floatzel, Simipour), Pokemon with Flash Fire that are easily able to switch into Ninetales and KO it afterward (Rapidash), and when it has ample opportunities to set up both Substitute and Nasty Plot. This team is built to handle all of these threats I mentioned, so that Ninetales' potential to sweep, or at the very least, its potential to weaken the other team to the point Rotom-F / Dusknoir / Mightyena can clean up afterward, is unleashed.

Gabite is here as your primary Stealth Rock setter, given it's a perfect counter to Rapidash (i.e. it resists Flare Blitz, is immune to Wild Charge, and Drill Run doesn't do too much, while you KO with your STAB EQ). Running Roar over Toxic on Gabite does a few things for the team: it racks up entry hazard damage from Roselia's Spikes and Gabite's own SR, it provides you something to beat setup Pokemon like Substitute Vigoroth, it helps ease prediction by letting you see what Gabite switch-in is coming in next, and it easily beats Probopass with EQ, which otherwise walls and beats Ninetales with Earth Power and is therefore important to remove. Using Gabite also brings in Ice-type attacks, which Rotom-Frost easily switches in on and gives you an opportunity to either attack with STAB Blizzard or pick up momentum via Volt Switch. Ninetales also switches in on Ice-types like Regice that bother Gabite fairly easily, letting you set up a Substitute or Nasty Plot afterward.

Next, I wanted something to check offensive Water-types, set up Spikes, and create opportunities for Ninetales to set up via Sleep Powder, so Roselia was a great option here. Roselia can run max SpA Giga Drain over Leaf Storm for some extra survivability if you'd like, but that's up to you. Roselia's weaknesses are covered very well by the team: Fire is eaten up by Ninetales / Gabite, Flying-type hits are resisted by Rotom-Frost, the Psychic-types that bother Roselia can be beaten with Ninetales' high SpDef (thinking about Mr. Mime here), Mightyena's immunity, and Dusknoir's CB boosted, STAB Shadow Sneak. And finally, Rotom-F and Ninetales take on Roselia's weakness to Ice-types just like they do for Gabite.

Rotom-Frost beats every hazard removal Pokemon with ease, thanks to its STAB BoltBeam combo. For example, Blizzard beats Vibrava, Thunderbolt or Volt Switch beats Swanna / Pelipper / Vullaby and even lesser used options like Wartortle. Using Volt Switch over entry hazards racks up damage very quickly, which puts other threats in range of Mightyena's LO Sucker Punch and lets you activate its Moxie more easily. It also provides the team with some much needed Speed so that you don't lose to threats like +1 DD Fraxure.

Dusknoir is here for nearly the same reasons that Rotom-Frost is: it cripples Pokemon that might switch into Dusknoir via Trick + Choice Band (Frisk helps you decide whether or not to Trick too, which is cool), it spin blocks and therefore protects hazards like Rotom-Frost does by beating defoggers, it provides you with priority to clean up after Spikes and SR have been set, it gives you another EQ to beat Pokemon that give the team trouble if Gabite is gone, like Rapidash and Probopass, and finally, it is really nice for beating Grumpig and frail offensive Water-types after they've been weakened slightly with a strong Shadow Sneak.

Finally, once a number of threats are in Moxie range thanks to the entry hazards that have been set, Mightyena cleans easily with either Crunch or Sucker Punch. There are a few threats that give Mightyena some problems, like Monferno, but you can switch out to Gabite to whittle it with Rough Skin or Dusknoir to be immune to Mach Punch and hit it with EQ. Mightyena is using Thunder Fang to beat stuff that might switch into it, like defensive Pelipper, but you can easily use Iron Tail over this for your 4th coverage option. Mightyena (and Dusknoir/Gabite) are all protected from predicted Will-O-Wisps by both Ninetales and Roselia, unless something like Rapidash is using WoW, which gives the team a relatively safe degree of protection from crippling status. Anyway, hope you enjoy the team!

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Energy Ball

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roar

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick
- Earthquake

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Play Rough
- Thunder Fang
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch

Last edited:
326.gif

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

ive been getting destroyed by this monster. i want to use him but dont know how to make a team with the pig. plz help :D

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Requesting a Dodrio balance team with a defogger or rapid spinner.
Hi, Gorechomp, I've got a balanced Dodrio team with Defog support for you here. Hope you like it!

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Vibrava @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Aqua Jet

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangled Feet
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Heat Wave

This team is built around a normal spam core with Dodrio wall breaking, and Scarf Chatot cleaning afterward with a speedy Boomburst once its checks and counters are gone (namely Probopass, Misdreavus, Stunfisk, and other defensive Pokemon that can take a hit from these two). When building around fast and frail Pokemon such as Chatot and Dodrio that are unable to switch into threats using something other than their type immunities to do so, they require slow momentum grabbing moves such as U-Turn and Volt Switch in order to stay healthy and effective over the course of a battle.

There are multiple options for a slow U-Turn and Defog (e.g. Vullaby, Pelipper), but Vibrava was the better choice here for its ability to switch freely into Stunfisk as it sets SR (which allows you to either Defog, or simply Earthquake on Stunfisk to weaken it to the point Dodrio's CB Frustration scores the KO). Its type synergy with the rest of the team is also better, as it doesn't stack any weaknesses other than Ice.

Together with Vibrava, Probopass completed this hazard setting and removal core, while simultaneously trapping troublesome Steel-types which would otherwise prevent Chatot or Dodrio from spamming CB Frustration or Boomburst. Similar to Vibrava, Probopass provides the team with a slow Volt Switch, which takes a hit for its teammates and brings them in for free, which is great for a team like this that's packed with fast and frail offensive threats. Probopass was also chosen because it resists all of Vibrava's weaknesses (Dragon / Ice / Fairy), while in return Vibrava provides Probopass with a valuable immunity to Ground-type attacks. Its Speed may seem like it's a bit much, but it outspeeds every Steel-type in PU and lets you Volt Switch on targets like defensive Relicanth.

With Vibrava and Air Balloon Probopass pressuring Stunfisk, this opened up the way for fast Electric-types to take advantage of Stunfisk's absence. At the same time, I didn't have a reliable switch-in to take on SD Jumpluff, which meant Sap Sipper Zebstrika was the best option here. It also takes on the bulky Water-types like Politoed that hassle Probopass and Vibrava with its Water- and Ice-type coverage, while simultaneously giving the team another option for grabbing some quick momentum in Volt Switch. Zebstrika also functions as your obligatory Floatzel check, assuming Zebstrika has enough HP to survive a CB or LO-boosted Aqua Jet.

Floatzel rounds out this offensive core by bringing some strong priority in Aqua Jet (which allows you to beat things like Moxie Mightyena / AoA Monferno) and further pressuring Rock / Steel types for Chatot and Dodrio, and Ground types like Stunfisk for Dodrio and Zebstrika. Its Water Veil also gives you a great immunity to burn, which means switching into a predicted WoW will let you keep up offensive pressure and force things that use WoW (Solrock, for example) out or KO them outright, which lets Dodrio lock into Frustration or Brave Bird. A mixed set with LO Ice Beam is able to lure in Gourgeist-Super and then 2HKO it so that Chatot doesn't have to worry about being locked into Boomburst, while 4 Atk LO Low Kick lets Floatzel check threats like Regice after SR damage has been factored in.

Finally, Scarf Chatot is here to give the team some extra Speed and to clean up after its checks and counters have been weakened. With U-Turn, it's able to lure in Pokemon like Air Balloon Probopass, break its Air Balloon and switch out to your faster Probopass, which effectively traps and faints opposing Probopass and consequently allows Chatot to clean late-game. You can use an alternative EV spread of 252 SpA / 56 SpD / 200 Spe in order to avoid the OHKO from Kadabra's Psychic at full HP, which lets you break through Kadabra's Focus Sash and continue your sweep. But, this is purely optional given Kadabra would most likely paralyze Chatot with Thunder Wave before attacking anyway.

Overall, there are two fast/slow VoltTurn cores on this team, which means grabbing momentum and keeping it for the majority of the battle is fairly easy. On the flipside however, relying on momentum to keep these Pokemon with abysmal defenses safe also means that it's important for you to keep Vibrava alive and hazards off the field. The team has some problems with Regice and Scarfers faster than 420 Spe (Simipour, for example), but they can be played around and you can make some last minute changes like giving Probopass a Chople or Passho Berry to serve as a one-time defensive measure for Regice's Focus Blast / Simipour's Hydro Pump.

Last edited:
Hi, Gorechomp, I've got a balanced Dodrio team with Defog support for you here. Hope you like it!

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick
- Aqua Jet

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave

This team is built around a normal spam core with Dodrio wall breaking, and Scarf Chatot cleaning afterward with a speedy Boomburst once its checks and counters are gone (namely Probopass, Misdreavus, Stunfisk, and other defensive Pokemon that can take a hit from these two). When building around fast and frail Pokemon such as Chatot and Dodrio that are unable to switch into threats using something other than their type immunities to do so, they require slow momentum grabbing moves such as U-Turn and Volt Switch in order to stay healthy and effective over the course of a battle.

There are multiple options for a slow U-Turn and Defog (e.g. Vullaby, Pelipper), but Vibrava was the better choice here for its ability to switch freely into Stunfisk as it sets SR (which allows you to either Defog, or simply Earthquake on Stunfisk to weaken it to the point Dodrio's CB Frustration scores the KO). Its type synergy with the rest of the team is also better, as it doesn't stack any weaknesses other than Ice.

Together with Vibrava, Probopass completed this hazard setting and removal core, while simultaneously trapping troublesome Steel-types which would otherwise prevent Chatot or Dodrio from spamming CB Frustration or Boomburst. Similar to Vibrava, Probopass provides the team with a slow Volt Switch, which takes a hit for its teammates and brings them in for free, which is great for a team like this that's packed with fast and frail offensive threats. Probopass was also chosen because it resists all of Vibrava's weaknesses (Dragon / Ice / Fairy), while in return Vibrava provides Probopass with a valuable immunity to Ground-type attacks. Its Speed may seem like it's a bit much, but it outspeeds every Steel-type in PU and lets you Volt Switch on targets like defensive Relicanth.

With Vibrava and Air Balloon Probopass pressuring Stunfisk, this opened up the way for fast Electric-types to take advantage of Stunfisk's absence. At the same time, I didn't have a reliable switch-in to take on SD Jumpluff, which meant Sap Sipper Zebstrika was the best option here. It also takes on the bulky Water-types like Politoed that hassle Probopass and Vibrava with its Water- and Ice-type coverage, while simultaneously giving the team another option for grabbing some quick momentum in Volt Switch. Zebstrika also functions as your obligatory Floatzel check, assuming Zebstrika has enough HP to survive a CB or LO-boosted Aqua Jet.

Floatzel rounds out this offensive core by bringing some strong priority in Aqua Jet (which allows you to beat things like Moxie Mightyena / AoA Monferno) and further pressuring Rock / Steel types for Chatot and Dodrio, and Ground types like Stunfisk for Dodrio and Zebstrika. Its Water Veil also gives you a great immunity to burn, which means switching into a predicted WoW will let you keep up offensive pressure and force things that use WoW (Solrock, for example) out or KO them outright, which lets Dodrio lock into Frustration or Brave Bird. A mixed set with LO Ice Beam is able to lure in Gourgeist-Super and then 2HKO it so that Chatot doesn't have to worry about being locked into Boomburst, while 4 Atk LO Low Kick lets Floatzel check threats like Regice after SR damage has been factored in.

Finally, Scarf Chatot is here to give the team some extra Speed and to clean up after its checks and counters have been weakened. With U-Turn, it's able to lure in Pokemon like Air Balloon Probopass, break its Air Balloon and switch out to your faster Probopass, which effectively traps and faints opposing Probopass and consequently allows Chatot to clean late-game. You can use an alternative EV spread of 252 SpA / 56 SpD / 200 Spe in order to avoid the OHKO from Kadabra's Psychic at full HP, which lets you break through Kadabra's Focus Sash and continue your sweep. But, this is purely optional given Kadabra would most likely paralyze Chatot with Thunder Wave before attacking anyway.

Overall, there are two fast/slow VoltTurn cores on this team, which means grabbing momentum and keeping it for the majority of the battle is fairly easy. On the flipside however, relying on momentum to keep these Pokemon with abysmal defenses safe also means that it's important for you to keep Vibrava alive and hazards off the field. The team has some problems with Regice and Scarfers faster than 420 Spe (Simipour, for example), but they can be played around and you can make some last minute changes like giving Probopass a Chople or Passho Berry to serve as a one-time defensive measure for Regice's Focus Blast / Simipour's Hydro Pump.
Thanks, and nice touch with the vibrava ;)

Could i get an offense team around

Monferno @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 atk / 4 sdef / 252 Spe

Close Combat
Flare Blitz
U-Turn
Mach Punch

If there is a more optimal set, use it. I don't play PU much. I honestly just need more than a team for PU seasonal

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Regice @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

What's up man, got an SD Monferno team for you. The basic idea behind this team originally was to use Metang to trap Pokemon such as Grumpig and Kadabra that threaten SD Monferno and RP Regice, therefore making it easier for one of the two to sweep. Next, I knew I needed Stealth Rock, and at this point Zebstrika and Raichu freely Volt Switched on my team and were annoying overall along with a multitude of other special attackers, so I added Stunfisk as sort of a blanket check and a Stealth Rocker. Hazards at this point were looking really annoying to my team and I needed a Machoke check as well as a better check to opposing SD Monferno, so I added Pelipper who is one of the more reliable defoggers in the current meta imo. Lastly, I needed something to wrap up the team and sort of act as a glue. My team was really slow at this point and I had trouble with some setup sweepers, so I added Scarfed Sawsbuck as something that could revenge kill faster threats such as Rapidash while also providing some momentum. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Regice @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

What's up man, got an SD Monferno team for you. The basic idea behind this team originally was to use Metang to trap Pokemon such as Grumpig and Kadabra that threaten SD Monferno and RP Regice, therefore making it easier for one of the two to sweep. Next, I knew I needed Stealth Rock, and at this point Zebstrika and Raichu freely Volt Switched on my team and were annoying overall along with a multitude of other special attackers, so I added Stunfisk as sort of a blanket check and a Stealth Rocker. Hazards at this point were looking really annoying to my team and I needed a Machoke check as well as a better check to opposing SD Monferno, so I added Pelipper who is one of the more reliable defoggers in the current meta imo. Lastly, I needed something to wrap up the team and sort of act as a glue. My team was really slow at this point and I had trouble with some setup sweepers, so I added Scarfed Sawsbuck as something that could revenge kill faster threats such as Rapidash while also providing some momentum. Hope you enjoy!
Ty m9 :]

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been fascinated with Drifblim and really wanna see a good team built around it, although I don't know much about how to use it, etc.

Set:
Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond
Hi, sorry for the wait but here is your team!

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Knock Off

Arbok @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Klang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I changed the Drifblim set slightly as Leichi Berry is more effective in this metagame. Arbok is a nice team mate as with Shuca Berry it can bait in Stunfisk, Golem, and other Ground/Rock types which Drifblim struggles with. Stunfisk provides the team with stealth rocks along with an electric-type check and is an all-round great wall, and both arbok and drifblim can pressure roselia for it. Roselia covers most special attackers, particularly water-types, while also providing spikes support. Scarf Chatot revenge kills most faster Pokemon and can clean as arbok can bait in many normal resists. Lastly klang provides a normal- and psychic-resist and a sturdier wincon.

Hope you enjoy!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
Hey, sandybrandon - I've got a Grumpig team for you. I built it with some of the cores found in our Good Cores thread (some thanks goes to dodmen for posting that beastly tri-core, as well as Anty / -Grim for some advice after it was built).

This team was built around a solid balance core in SpDef Golem / Politoed / Jumpluff that is able to handle the majority of the meta by equipping your team with resistances or immunities to very common attacking types in PU, such as Normal, Water, Fire, Flying, and Electric. Rather than acting as a suicide lead as it normally does, utility Golem is here for providing SR longterm and is able to Toxic on standard switch-ins attempting to counter Golem, such as Gourgeist-Super. Politoed helps protect you from set up sweepers such as Duosion or other Vigoroth via Encore, and gives you some insurance against Floatzel and offensive Water-types in general (although, it needs to be careful because CB Floatzel 2HKOes Politoed with Frustration after SR damage has been factored in). Jumpluff is great here, as its Sleep Powder gives Grumpig and Vigoroth opportunities to set up with Calm Mind and Bulk Up, respectively. Jumpluff's set is the most variable here, and you can run U-Turn, Encore, or even Toxic paired with Infiltrator to beat Vigoroth over Swords Dance, but I felt SD was much more threatening to slower teams dependent on something faster than 350 Speed to beat Jumpluff.

After this point, I added Grumpig because Politoed brings Roselia in, which gives you the opportunity to switch Grumpig into Roselia and set up with Calm Mind reliably. I chose to use CM + 3 Attacks over CM/Sub + 2 Attacks, given I wasn't using Metang for trapping Psychics via Pursuit. That basically meant I needed Shadow Ball for extra coverage so I wasn't walled and could still beat things like opposing Grumpig, Mr. Mime, and Kadabra. Grumpig is also great here because it gives Golem some extra protection from Ice / Fighting, a special tank to help protect Politoed, and Ice / Fire resists for Jumpluff too. The given EVs let it outspeed Adamant 252 Spe Monferno before it U-Turns and neutral nature base 80s such as Stoutland, while dumping the rest into HP for some extra bulk.

I didn't want Grumpig to be overwhelmed by the pressure of taking on multiple specially based threats like Regice and Rotom-Frost by itself, so I added BU Vigoroth to take on other special attackers such as Zebstrika for Jumpluff. At worst, LO Zebstrika's Thunderbolt is a 3HKO on Vigoroth, so it helps protect Jumpluff and the team from various specially based threats in this way. I chose to use Substitute over Taunt in order to protect it from SpDef drops from Probopass' Flash Cannon / Earth Power, small chances for burn from Scald or paralysis from Body Slam (status in general), and some protection from Knock Off so that its Eviolite remains in tact.

Finally, Jumpluff was looking fairly annoying to the first 4 members of the team, and I was lacking some Speed while simultaneously needing something fast enough to beat Floatzel, so I added Sap Sipper Zebstrika. Zebstrika also helps this team by beating common defoggers and keeps Golem's SR up. Scald burns from Politoed, Toxic from Golem, and SR being kept up by Zebstrika's offensive pressure all help whittle opposing teams down to the point BU Vigoroth, SD Jumpluff, or CM Grumpig can finish their foes off given a turn of successful setup. Similarly, Jumpluff's Sleep Powder, Politoed's Encore along with possible burns from Scald, and Vigoroth's chance for paralysis via Body Slam all help to create these turns of set up.

This team description is much shorter than what I normally write, but the team came together very quickly due to how easy building around Dodmen's core was. Hope you enjoy the team!

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Encore
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Body Slam
- Slack Off
- Bulk Up

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Last edited:
Could i get an offensive team around

Politoed @ Wave Incense
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Focus Blast

Simisear @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Will-O-Wisp

This core is pretty straightforward, they break down each others checks really well, both hit pretty hard with their stabs, get great coverage. Maybe core with like Metang+Ground check, because these two kinda struggle with Pig.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
Hey, lolbro, each user is limited to a team a week, and you just received your Monferno team on Monday. If you could wait a little while before your next request, we'd appreciate it!

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the wait ShuckleDeath

Regice @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Low Kick

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 28 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

I figured standard Roselia would be a good teammate for this core because it checks stuff like Raichu and annoying Water-types such as Floatzel that would otherwise wear Regice down very fast, and provides Spikes to ease sweeping with Regice. However, Defog + Spikes is reluctant so you can also use Sleep Powder or Stun Spore in that moveslot. It's just the best option in the last slot in general. Choice Band Floatzel lures in special walls such as Clefairy, Grumpig, and Lickilicky while also providing a second Fire check, Speed and priority, and has great offensive synergy with Regice. Machoke deals with Lickilicky and Misdreavus, which would otherwise be really annoying, provides another status absorber, and is just a nice blanket check to a lot of Pokemon in general. Last but not least, Metang gives the team Stealth Rock, and a reliable check to Stoutland, Jumpluff, Fraxure,and Articuno which were all troublesome. I opted for Pursuit over Toxic or Zen Headbutt here because weakening Pokemon such as Grumpig and Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and breaking Kadabra's Focus Sash is very helpful for Regice.

The team isn't that hard to use. The endgoal is a Regice sweep so you should focus on just wearing down its checks, which isn't that hard with entry hazards (most of its checks are Fire-types) and by breaking them down with Choice Band Floatzel and Machoke. Overall I think the team has a good matchup against most of the metagame so I hope it works for you. Watch out for opposing Choice Band Floatzel and to abecause the team has no real counter for it, but you can check it with Metang and Machoke. Opposing Machoke can also be annoying but can only take out one Pokemon before it's too weakened to stand up to the other teammates. Also I personally enjoy using 56 Speed EVs on Vibrava but since you requested it with 29 Speed IVs I kept it as that.

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the wait ShuckleDeath

Regice @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rock Polish
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Vibrava @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Low Kick

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 28 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

I figured standard Roselia would be a good teammate for this core because it checks stuff like Raichu and annoying Water-types such as Floatzel that would otherwise wear Regice down very fast, and provides Spikes to ease sweeping with Regice. However, Defog + Spikes is reluctant so you can also use Sleep Powder or Stun Spore in that moveslot. It's just the best option in the last slot in general. Choice Band Floatzel lures in special walls such as Clefairy, Grumpig, and Lickilicky while also providing a second Fire check, Speed and priority, and has great offensive synergy with Regice. Machoke deals with Lickilicky and Misdreavus, which would otherwise be really annoying, provides another status absorber, and is just a nice blanket check to a lot of Pokemon in general. Last but not least, Metang gives the team Stealth Rock, and a reliable check to Stoutland, Jumpluff, Fraxure,and Articuno which were all troublesome. I opted for Pursuit over Toxic or Zen Headbutt here because weakening Pokemon such as Grumpig and Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and breaking Kadabra's Focus Sash is very helpful for Regice.

The team isn't that hard to use. The endgoal is a Regice sweep so you should focus on just wearing down its checks, which isn't that hard with entry hazards (most of its checks are Fire-types) and by breaking them down with Choice Band Floatzel and Machoke. Overall I think the team has a good matchup against most of the metagame so I hope it works for you. Watch out for opposing Choice Band Floatzel and to abecause the team has no real counter for it, but you can check it with Metang and Machoke. Opposing Machoke can also be annoying but can only take out one Pokemon before it's too weakened to stand up to the other teammates. Also I personally enjoy using 56 Speed EVs on Vibrava but since you requested it with 29 Speed IVs I kept it as that.
Thank You, and no problem on the wait, The team looks really solid, and i might just try the vibrava with 56 speed EV's as i haven't been seeing a whole lot of other Vibrava as of late.

If this is still open, can you build a team around this?

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Thunder Wave

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If this is still open, can you build a team around this?

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Thunder Wave
198.png
122.png
444.png
186.png
348.png
026.png

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Pursuit
- Thunder Wave

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Dragon Claw

Politoed @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Armaldo @ Passho Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Murkrow's pretty fun right now, already had a few builds so I put this together pretty fast. I slashed pursuit after HP fighting because I consider it the far superior option, but fighting's ok. Mr. Mime makes a nice offensive partner, provides some speed and healing wish, while murkrow can pressure things like grumpig for it. Gabite gives SR with an electric immunity for krow but isn't really passive like stunfisk, and politoed is standard.water type check. The next two slots are a little more original, Passho Armaldo gives you some removal if necessary versus Spikestack, but it's not so easily pressured as normal variants and makes water types a little less threatening since politoed was the main check. Finally Raichu is a secondary electric check and can volt switch our of common grass-type switch-ins to get more breaking opportunities for murkrow, while the team already handles stunfisk fairly well. The team is fairly offensive so it should be played a bit carefully, but I think it should do fine.

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

It would be cool if this was on a sun team, but feel free to change the playstyle :].

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
I'd like to make a team centered around a core of Pawniard + Offensive Spikes Roselia. They compliment each other decently as far as typing goes, and Pawniard's Defiant helps deter Defogers from removing Roselia's hazards. My one concern is their glaring weakness to Fire, though that could be patched up by the other 4 mons. Thanks so much!

P.S. I'd like the team to be bulky enough, but with enough offensive presence to smash through walls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)